• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • EdSherown
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Rozenkraus

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:21 PM

good day guys :)

just want to ask if i should choose magic attack over light attack or vice versa?

i just returned to DN Sea recently from my last play which is 60 cap.

if i would choose MAGIC ATTACK to focus on, what should be my magic attack would be?

how about LIGHT ATTACK? how many percent?

and also wants to ask what should be my armors and weapons including accessories :)

THANKS in ADVANCE for your advice :)

#2 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11225 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

The only time you should consider using Magician jades is if you want to survive better, due to how First Aid works. Otherwise, the choice is mostly irrelevant where support is concerned, so Light is generally better due to higher multipliers.

As for how many your MATK or Light % should be, don't stress too much about reaching any specific value. Just improve your stats slowly.

For armors and accessories, just stick with level 90 armors, they're easier on the budget and in the future can be upgraded into a stronger version (only for Coma/Kornu/Nightmare equipment). For weapons, do your Nightmare Stages and try to get dual Nightmare weapons. As for accessories, get INT earrings and Magician rings. For necklace, I'd prefer Healthy over Iron Wall/Tent, since VIT increases both HP and PDEF.

#3 edSherooown

edSherooown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • EdSherown
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Rozenkraus

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:11 PM

View PostVaporizer, on 03 February 2016 - 03:11 PM, said:

The only time you should consider using Magician jades is if you want to survive better, due to how First Aid works. Otherwise, the choice is mostly irrelevant where support is concerned, so Light is generally better due to higher multipliers.

As for how many your MATK or Light % should be, don't stress too much about reaching any specific value. Just improve your stats slowly.

For armors and accessories, just stick with level 90 armors, they're easier on the budget and in the future can be upgraded into a stronger version (only for Coma/Kornu/Nightmare equipment). For weapons, do your Nightmare Stages and try to get dual Nightmare weapons. As for accessories, get INT earrings and Magician rings. For necklace, I'd prefer Healthy over Iron Wall/Tent, since VIT increases both HP and PDEF.

owwww I see, I'm really sorry, I just red this reply this day. thanks a lot for the help

as of now, i have +10 coma set for armors and going 2 NM weapons (still earning points for the Shield thooo)

thanks for the help ^_^ (clap) (clap) (clap)

#4 Bridge

Bridge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:16 PM

If you invested heavily in skills which uses neutral damage MAtk is still the way to go since you can still get the +x% multiplier for MAtk which is a secondary tier of damage increase. Our damage amplification extracted from int has been buffed since 1 int is now .8 Matk.
I.e. divine combo,kickleric, first aid,
Take note that elemental resistance reduc is now linear not like T4 where we can reach to almost 100% with stacking -elem debuff. There is no more +elemental buff sharing like from elem aura of pallies and our BoL. After Smasher revamp we can have +20% elem attack from Arcane

Edited by Bridge, 04 March 2016 - 11:18 PM.

#5 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1301 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:27 AM

Err no.

1) Cleric tree skills deal pathetic damage compared to the main skills of every class. Especially the non-light skills.

The loss in damage of the main skills never makes up for the smaller gain in boosting the non-light elemental skills.

Hence, for Light vs Magician jades, always use Light.

Even before considering debuffs, I fail to see how switching to Magician is beneficial. Roughly you half the boost to your class' main skills for a boost to skills that deal horribly pathetic damage.

Most cleric skills are taken for utility. There is only one class that takes them for filler (Guardian), even then, the damage loss to Justice Crash EX and Smite is more than any minor gain from improving Holy Kick using Magician jades.

Saints' main damage skill is Shock of Relic EX. It literally does 99% of Saint damage with everything else being a joke.

For Inquisitors, all Lightning Tree skills, Consecration and Grand Cross added up deals insane DPS. Inqui only has time to insert one kick or two. It will definitely never make up for the loss in not using elemental jades.

2) I fail to see how the new conversion rate for INT affects offensive jades. Seriously.

If you are talking about the token amount of INT on Magician jades, the added mattack is very little compared to elemental jades. It cannot make up for essentially halving the boost to your main DPS skills.

Not to mention elemental jades when enhanced has crit, which is a far more valuable stat.

3) Big misconception about how debuffs now work.

Elemental debuff was always additive, it definitely was the case in T4 (-95% was 30% MB EX + 15% Base Electrocution +15% Smite +20% Consec+15% Zap).

It remains so the case in T5/3R. The difference is which skills/setup needed.

In T5, testers have determined elemental resist debuff stacks in the following way:

Base layer of -20% that cannot be stacked with other base layers IF the debuff is found on the base skill. (Magma Punch, Phoenix)
Additional layers of -20% that can be stacked infinitely IF the debuff is found on the EX version of the skill (MindBreaker EX, Holy Relic EX, Gravity Ascension EX.)
Special layers of unique debuffs that stacks further on top of the above (Curse from Screamers)

Theoretically, in 4 man you can hit a potential of 80% (The classic example is Physician (Healer, Magma Punch -20%), Inqui (DPS, MB EX -20%), Crusader (DPS, HR EX -20%) and Majesty (DPS, GA EX -20%).

In raids, it goes as high as you want it to, max of -100% boss stat (so since RDN bosses have 15% resist, you need 6 debuffers to reduce it to -100%).

4) Having lower elemental attack from buffs actually STRENGTHENS the case for Elemental attack jades.

This is because you'll have lower base elemental attack. For example:

Old (T4):
Base 100k mattack, 50% Light (20% BoL, 30% Aura)

Magician Jades:
116k mattack, 50% light for effective 174k overall attack power

Light Jades:
100k mattack, 82% light for effective 182k overall attack power

Light attack is 1.045x superior to magician jades

New (T5)
Base of 100k mattack, 20% Light attack (BoL only, since TS is a Saint)

116k mattack, 20% light for 139.2k overall attack power.

100k mattack, 52% light for 152k overall attack power.

Light is 1.092x superior to magician jades.

Point is, under the old system, Light was already a substantial loss of attack power even with high Light attack buffs. The new system without the buffs, makes it even more of a loss to go Magician (Light is 1.092x better in T5 vs 1.045x better in T4.

#6 Bridge

Bridge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 01:07 AM

Before I make my rebuttal with a lengthy reply and explanation I'd like to make a quick counter for your statements:As always and as you have been always having a persective from an Inquisitor's point of view. Then again this is Saint's.

Do not get my long absences from playing
as ignorance. You might have forgotten before my inactivity in forums as well I have been active in discussing Inquisitors and I can clearly recall back then you where still asking for basics and acquainting yourself.

You mention elemental resistance and yet it is obviously independent of from a saint's only perspective and even factoring in synergistic team mechanics and spell interaction.

Who says when it comes to saint Matk vs. lAtk jade should always be LAtk as choice?

Edited by Bridge, 20 March 2016 - 01:39 AM.

#7 Jovion

Jovion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1301 posts
  • Jovion
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Plebs

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:19 AM

Errr because Saint's only real damaging skill is Shock of Relic EX? And you generically said neutral > light, which is not the case.

My alt cleric is a Saint.

Point is the loss of damage to each cleric class' main skills will never be made up by the slight boost to Holy Kick/Divine Combo.

Saints gameplay is literally drop relics until you get off the perfect SoR, in between, insert Holy Shield as necessary for the party. Remember to keep 4 HR EX up.

You won't have time to kick.

Crusaders will never kick, their filler is Sacred Hammering EX.

Inquisitors will kick once or twice if they choose, 99% of their combo are all pure light skills

Guardians are the only ones that use kicks extensively.

Even if you somehow make your Saint kick as much as possible, the skill is so weak the slight boost to it will never make up for the loss of damage to Shock of Relic.

90% of Saint's damage is in SoR EX. It makes no sense to make it worse to improve ultra-weak cleric tree skills.

You also mentioned there is "no more elemental resist stacking", when clearly, in a party,you can still stack them to hell.

Even without factoring elemental resist, any given elemental attack's formula is

Magic Attack * Board damage * (1+Elemental Attack %) * (1-Elemental resist %).

Since Saint's only damaging skill is SoR EX AND it is elemental attack, magic attack jades and light attack jades are both affected by elemental resist in the same way

You increase magic attack, but because the skill is elemental, it still gets affected by elemental resist.

Elemental resist only affects the consideration of non-elemental classes to use an ECJ or go neutral, in which case then light/dark/fire/ice jades are compared with magician/destruction.

#8 TheGuyWhoCanFly

TheGuyWhoCanFly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:37 AM

Light Attack!  class=

Edited by TheGuyWhoCanFly, 20 March 2016 - 05:21 PM.

#9 VasiliaS

VasiliaS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2045 posts
  • BatuTebing
  • DN, Holywood
  • Concord

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:15 PM

when I asked this question, they said Saint must go with Magic...

I choose light (tense)
because... light attack sounds cooler than magic attack...
kill me

#10 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:47 PM

100k matk saint
wth only 36% ele attack could deal 8m SoR.
While if i pushed with 120k matk with 4% ele attack. it will only deal 6-7m sor (tense)

#11 wNOCTISw

wNOCTISw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

What is SoR?

#12 ShUnT

ShUnT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • shunt01
  • DN, Holywood
  • Katanax

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:54 PM

wNOCTISw, on 16 May 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

What is SoR?

Shock of Relic

edSherooown, on 02 February 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

good day guys :)

just want to ask if i should choose magic attack over light attack or vice versa?

i just returned to DN Sea recently from my last play which is 60 cap.

if i would choose MAGIC ATTACK to focus on, what should be my magic attack would be?

how about LIGHT ATTACK? how many percent?

and also wants to ask what should be my armors and weapons including accessories :)

THANKS in ADVANCE for your advice :)

Focus on M.Attack since Great Heal, First Aid and Heal Relic with 100 bubbles scales only with M.attk

#13 stylinx

stylinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3029 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

hmmm, from what i read here before is that Saint should use Magicians, cause heals rely on saints magic attack for support

so maybe from there you will choose to go magic or light , support or dps? (sor)

though i'm not an expert with priest (:]) nvm my post (shame)

#14 iuhgnehz

iuhgnehz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

I play quite a bit of saint as my main....

For damaging , Jovion is right about going light jade to deal more damage. After awakening saint can dish out quite a bit of damage via SOR/HB/LR/Antiphonia..

For support, you can increase your magic attack with magic jades
1) Great Heal awakening gives a 15sec buff that heals 100% of your magic attack every 3 second
2) Heal relics (after you collected 100 bubbles) heals 20% of your magic attack every 2 second (last for 30sec)

If you are very very geared, go for light, help damage a bit... if your gears are average, go for magic jades for a better support since you can't hit much anyways

Edited by iuhgnehz, 22 May 2017 - 08:50 PM.

#15 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3038 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

This necro... asking what SOR is....

#16 stylinx

stylinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3029 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

ah, didnt noticed the date. gomene (sorry)

#17 iuhgnehz

iuhgnehz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

View Poststylinx, on 23 May 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

ah, didnt noticed the date. gomene (sorry)

same... wow u just dug out a 1 year old corpse for me to comment on....

#18 stylinx

stylinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3029 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

View Postiuhgnehz, on 23 May 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

same... wow u just dug out a 1 year old corpse for me to comment on....

im not the one who dug it (tense)