johanxten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • johanxthre
  • DN, Springwood
  • Xenonites

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:32 PM

Ok so i felt that lancea is not a favorite pick now especially sting breezer so i just thought i might share why i like using lanceas for pvp. These are only what I think and are not the only way to play the class, everything is still up to your preference. Do tell me if i miss something or put something wrong so other people will know too.

Pros (+)
  • Very fast even without buffs
  • Tons of escape
  • Left click is very good for connecting (except the last hit)
  • Can chain combos very easily and indefinitely
  • Very high Magical Defense for sting
  • Good burst combo if you need a quick kill (arcane focus combo)
  • Fantastic at 1v1
  • Pve build is like pvp build
  • Excellent use of walls for combo
  • Harmonize in group
  • Hornet Touch for clutch moments
  • Not broken like some classes (Hey smashers)
  • Erratic Power no longer handicaps us (this is out of hand, very OP buff now)
  • Lancea buffs made us OP for not awakened class (EP, AF, EP, lower CD, and EP)
  • Spring Haze with 20 energy is empowered and the spikes you throw also tracks enemy hit with Arcane Focus
Cons (-)
  • Very hard to manage the buffs (i suggest u rather not use them)
  • Not good in mass murder
  • Can screw up combos easily
  • Hovering Blades EX hard to pull off (dont use this)
  • Arcane Foc us is buggy so make sure u get a clean hit for it to work
  • No AoE much
  • Spring Haze wall hits less when Class Mastery II is taken
  • Waste your SP on non-ex skills (worth it)
  • Not gonna be easy for new players
General Tips and Tricks:
  • Hornet Touch can cancel Poking Beehive animation while drilling.
  • Poking Beehive makes nearby Piercing Spikes explode even before exploding on its own and increases the explosion damage.
  • Flag and Fling Fling provide different utility by using them manually from chaining them to Dodge. Distance varies depending on the direction held before casting.
  • Spearhand can lift and damages more if enemy hits the tip. It can also be clicked immediately for a melee explosion or charged for a slow, long-ranged projectile.
  • Arcane Focus requires an accurate hit to make your Hovering Blades EX and Denting Blow EX/Instant to follow the target. If Arcane Focus hits the wall/ceiling/floor, all blades will disappear instantly.
  • Hovering Blades EX that return to you (right clicked ones) will not target an enemy hit by Arcane Focus.
  • Piercing Spike can be used to dodge skills and relocate using Fling Fling. iFrame for this is while jumping, not the whole duration when on air.
Things to consider when playing as Sting Breezer:

The sample combos here are not the best ones. Feel free to try out new stuff and add your own creative mix in the combo. Sometimes, it's better finishing your enemies with style than a repeating robot. Lancea provides a lot of connections for your skills so put some flair into it when you can.

Most of the skills that deal damage will be on the Flurry side so you will invest a lot here. Spinning Swing will probably be the biggest addition to your kit. Damage-wise, it deals decent for a non-ex but you need to plate this with Action Speed. Did you know, even as a flurry, Piercing Spikes can help you use all swings for Spinning Swing? The delayed explosion will lift them again just enough to have your 4th/5th swing hit!

Erratic Power, Champagne, Scar Maker, Arcane Focus and Shutter Bounce will increase your damage output from the buffs and debuffs they give.

My Skill Build (adjust according to your liking):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Skill Descriptions (Will be updated soon):

Sample Opening Combos (doing this lands an opening or lift):
  •   Deep Pierce    -   Half Cut   (optional  if already staggered/flinched) -   Flash Lift
  • Piercing Strike   (while holding backward key on air for more aim) -  *slight delay* 2nd Spike - Deep   Pierce   -   Half Cut   (optional) -  Flash Lift
  • Spinning Cut - Cross Cutter or Dent Blow or Lollipop Chups
  • Lollipop Chups - 2 Spikes - 2 Spinning Swing (left click) - Spinning Swing (right click)
Burst Combo (assuming you land an opening):
  • 2 or 3 normal attacks (use if enemy is on air or optional) - Lollipop Chups - Piercing Spike 2x (delay the 2nd spike) - Deep Pierce - Half Cut - Flash Lift - Dent Blows - Spring Haze (cancel if u want for instant) - Dent Blows Instant - Arcane Focus
  • Same as above but you can ignore Lollipop Chups to Flash Lift part and go straight to Dent Blows
  • (near the wall when u land a lift) Hovering Blades 3x (Right click twice and should wall hit) - Deep Pierce - Lollipop Chups
Match-ups (1v1) and Difficulty:

Of course this is not accurate since this is from how I deal with them. Pros are all tough to beat anyways.

Moonlord (7/10): You can avoid being raped by always dodging Cleave. Besides cleave, the next ones are MBD and Eclipse. The rest you can manage if you burn their escapes. They have aerial counter so be wary for a recatch or the stagger hit.

Gladiator (8/10): Very mobile but he will get on ur face to go through you with the line drive instant. The burst is insane so be cautious of your health when trying to get near. Deep pierce helps in getting close and cancelling their skills. Very mobile and became more mobile with the awakening skill. Dont bother escaping when you get hit by Hyperdrive until you're sure you can escape far. Harder than his brother because of the iFrames he can abuse. Avoid Line Drive of any kind, Hornet Touch helps. Relieve > Evasion Slash or Parry will screw you up anytime.

Barbarian (6/10): This is assuming softban. Try to not get hit by stomp and save an escape or counter for whirlwind. With buffs, try wasting the buffs first and keep avoiding his skills not necessarily run around the whole map then strike him fair. He just gets more painful after awakening. Save counters for the whirlwind or escapes. Flag when you think Circle Swing would hit you.

Destroyer (5/10): Easy version of barbarian. Same tip. You will almost never see them or the awakenings be used. Maelstrom Howl will just pull you but just dodge at the last hit.

Dark Avenger (6/10): All warriors are melee and doable except for ML but this class is quite hardcore when he's transformed. Keep avoiding him with your dodges and Hornet until he transforms to normal.

Tempest (8/10): Fast game and avoid being caught by the binding shot or u will be forced to burn an escape. Dont use an escape while being hit by hurricane dance because it will just go on cooldown. Try fighting carefully and try using short but dps combos when you burned her escapes. Note that she spams Hurricane as much as 4 times in a row so don't bother escaping once hit.

Windwalker (9/10): Another nightmare to deal with. Same with Tempest and avoid brawling when she's buffed with Showtime. They get more air time with awakening but that only means they get more combos now. Murder with fast DPS combos like Arcane combo.

Sniper (7/10): Pray she misses her skills especially when you're caught by her ankle shot. Hornet comes in handy with this match with the painful arrows and keep getting close to them. Dont give them space to breathe, get on her face and shoot her up close. Dont get hit by Siege Shower or you will be full... of arrows... in your mouth.

Artillery (8/10): No tracking arrow is easier to handle but this is tougher than sniper if with tracking. Tougher to get near but gets destroyed when you burn her escapes. The awakening allows them to use a suction skill which is quite strong but with little damage if not 0 - this is a perfect chance for them to use Ankle Shot so try dodging it. An ankle Shot here will be more painful than sniper's RNG shower. Pray her skills would bug.

Elestra (7/10): Tough to deal with especially when you get hit by an ice skill. Always avoid getting hit by slows and keep engaging with Spikes and Dent/Arcane. You can also rush melee before she gets her CD. Generally easier than Majesty because of the lack of counters. You have more escapes and a counter so you can go to her face and dont let her breathe. Watch out for the sphere and save your escapes for the tornado. You can try tanking tornado with Spinning Cut or Dent then Hornet Touch if your SA cant hold. Hornet Touch on Freezing Field is awesome for counters.

Saleana (6/10): The easier version of Elestra. This is basically the burst type EL so save your escapes for when you get poisoned. Engaging fast and not letting her stand up is what I do. Watch out for the instant Firewall (fart) because it will not give you time to react. Try to think like a sally and predict when you will use the fart. Other than fart, general tip is to stay away from the meatballs and fire.

Majesty (10/10): Sadly this is my nightmare along with the ever-annoying Time Stop and Ascension. This class simply have all the necessary kit to send you on the ground then poison you and make you eat her orbs. Do not get hit by Ascension if you do not want your HP chunked in one bite. The awakened is not major change but you will eat balloons if you get caught...

Smasher (6/10): Not necessarily as OP as her sisters since she lacks the ability to keep opponents in her combo and to catch them if they managed to escape. Avoid getting hit by shower and watch out for her Void Blast because 90% of the time she will shower if you get hit. She has more threatening escapes and counters than you. But she lacks a decent combo compared to her sisters.

Saint (4/10): Do I even need to explain? Just watch out for his binds and chain lightning. Be prepared to be shocked when the debuff is at 6 and 1 second/s left. Most of these would probably drop inqui skills for their awakenings. The holy dot (Antiphona) is bearable but the Blessed Sign is the painful one. Try avoiding when he uses the sign and dont get hit by Bind and Lightning Relic. Lightning Relic + Shock of Relic will definitely be a trip to the hospital. Holy Burst is not as big now but it also shoots through his relics. Stay away from relics. Fast approach is the best key here.

Inquisitor (6/10): Very similar to Saints. Do not be afraid standing inside his Consecration. Only the explosion is what you should worry about. Once you get hit by lightnings and you start eating his ball of light, you need to dodge than unholy detonate twice. Tumble then Flag if you have to. When he casts Storm, just stay away and throw your Spearhand or whatever you can throw. Awakening really screwed up their damage.

Guardian (11/10): I do not do well against Guards for some reason but I do think most guards are tough to beat. Do not let them stand up and be prepared to catch them if you think they can trigger aerial block. I suggest running your buffs here but if you're up for the challenge, then be prepared for the beating. This one is really based on luck. Go for an indefinite combo til you proc Aerial Block then Burst Combo right after. Dont bother tanking his skills, most likely you will be using iframes more than SA. Piercing Spike helps you get some air then Fling your way out. The rate isnt a joke, 11 is still a humble way of talking about this Satan in disguise.

Crusader (7/10): The deadlier version of guards. Same advice but worry less about auto and aerial blocks. With the awakening, they learned a new skill. It's called flying smite, and as the name implies he will fly then drop at you. The timing is tricky as well as the AoE is hella huge. Rush kill him and Hornet Touch helps a lot. Do not get hit by Zap, it will ruin your rhythm.

Adept (8/10): All loli are annoying to deal with. Burn the sleep skill, lift her twice then dont let her go. Once she gets some distance, you will be having a hard time re-initiating. Avoid the bottle skills, both have suction and are DoT.

Physician (8/10): It depends how you play but once you get caught in Disease without your emergency tumble, then you will either die or get lucky to escape. ALWAYS save an escape for disease. You can tank it by using spinning cut or dashing and all those SA skills. It's only a trouble when you got hit while on the floor. Dont buff when you got hit by Love Virus.

Gear Master (9/10): This one is probably the worst of them when you get hit. Not only do you lose your buffs but you also get raped by robot ducks and silenced. The ducks are very painful so either eliminate all of them fast or the loli. Save your escapes.

Shooting Star (7/10): I really haven't tried with this one much. But as a general advice, they are easier and less riskier to yolo than Gear Master. Feel free to rush this kid.

Sluuts Dark Summoner (7/10): *I am not a fan of kali so my information on them is lacking* a noClaws all over. Most of their skills have low SAB but decent paralyze. They lack counter and is vulnerable when floored. Rush them. Inferior to SE.

Soul Eater (9/10): I really do not understand Kali awakenings. General advice is to not get hit by paper snakes. Inferior to Dark Summoner.  This one can literally chunk A LOT of your health with 1-2 skills and those debuffs. I witnessed a guard melt 40% of his health with that 8 snake hit. I assume that with a proper debuff/order, you would lose way more.

Spirit Dancer (9/10): This one has never been better. Complaining about that OP Praetor damage? Well think again! Praetor becomes more enraged and slams twice now. More reasons to iframe the crap away from it. Focus on countering her moves, this is a very scary match-up to be in. A race of damage.

Blade Dancer (8/10): Less threatening than SD but more mobile now. They can ruin your skills with their decent SAB and fast skills. Do not attempt to escape their wheel of fortune if you doubt you can. Iframe abuse.

Abyss Walker (7/10): They are mobile and can annoy you so much. Avoid getting hit by Line of Darkness (Hornet works good) and the instant if they choose to use it.

Light Fury (6/10): Despite being an assassin, they have little damage except for their Sun Shine Spark. They might heal and buff a lot but generally easy to ruin if you keep charging them. Avoid Line of Darkness as well.

Ripper (9/10): Truly the King of PVP among assassins. Dish out huge damage, fast action, send you flying a lot more and incredibly hard to interrupt their skills. Avoid going all-in and being reckless, only engage when you are sure you can take a beating and when you have an escape. Be wary of shadows and time your evasion well especially on Izuna Drop.

Raven (8/10): Pretty same as Ripper but their skills are probably more painful. The skills they use for their damage are a tad slower than Ripper's so you can more or less evade. Lollipop is a good skill for SA Break against most of their skills.

Flurry (9/10): Your sister is probably in the upper hand against you but do not panic because they can only harm you when mid-ranged or melee. You can still use your hovering blades to zone and keep distance and a surprise Arcane Focus. Their EX versions are pretty much same as the non-EX so be mindful when to use Hornet. With the updated EP, Flurry is way harder than before! Not being bias but they became more mobile and more risk-taking so there are more combos to experiment because of the buff and more skills can connect. First to burn all the enemy escapes wins.

Sting Breezer (7/10): Fighting with your mirror is not as hard as it looks. With the updated EP, you can freely experiment which skills can connect or not along with whatever idea you pick up from your enemy. You learn from them as well if you lose so feel free to experiment. First one to burn the other's evasion wins.

Ruina (6/10): The female warrior with deadly attacks but fragile as paper when you burn their aerial evasion. This is pretty easy if you manage to avoid their initiating skills. If you did get caught, be prepared for the beating of a lifetime (easily 50%).

Defensio (7/10): Pretty much same as Ruina but they have Repair which will ruin your combo if used correctly. Luckily Beatdown EX is a bad thing because of too much airtime. Be prepared for Hornet every time you feel Repair is available and catch them again. Repair > Taunting Blow is a bad situation to be in.

will update this soon

Videos (more to come):

There are only a few people who are using lancea and even less who are using sting breezer. I want to post vids of why lancea is op in 1v1 but i dont know how. Im new to forums but definitely not new in DN for pvp.

Edited by johanxten, 04 March 2017 - 10:30 AM.

#2 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5782 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:52 PM

im working on using sb in respawns (the only lancea most of the time)

i find in really hard to score kills, cuz no huge burst dmg. but the thing i like the most is the tons of escape skills i can even juke warriors sometimes

#3 johanxten

johanxten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • johanxthre
  • DN, Springwood
  • Xenonites

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:26 PM

Yes, ur dps for respawn is the piercing spike > poking beehive combo with full buffs
But if 1v1, i gotta say that warriors lose more often than us.

#4 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5782 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:36 PM

i noticed that for respawns its preferable to stay in groups of sorcs and priests, cuz our harmonize and wall/scar maker syncs well with them when attacking from afar. managed to get good kills amount (PB ks huehue) with minimal deaths with this tactic heheh

#5 WitWiwWako2

WitWiwWako2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4837 posts
  • LoveKitkat/WarSabrina
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:52 PM

In group pvp, it's not really wise to go to the frontlines. SB is good at the offensive support role where she can just stay behind and keep throwing stuff at the opponent in support of your teammates in the frontlines like warriors and acrobats. It's much easier to land a combo when you let someone else do the melee attack. SB is good at harassing opponents from afar just like what bowmasters do in group pvp. I personally bought piercing spike cd plate just for that role. I enjoy throwing spikes everywhere. (:D)

Bringing your SB up front where the action is is something you might regret. Good thing lancea has a lot of escapes.

#6 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5782 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

casting lollipop in ur opponent's face gives me some kind of satisfaction tho (lol)

#7 galeweaver

galeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:47 PM

Lanceas in general are pretty good in the combo department. It's the combo opener that is somewhat problematic as they have pretty low SAB.

I myself do enjoy playing Lanceas (flurry) in pvp more than the other classes I have (except my Chasers). They are pretty fast with good dodge and lots of escapes. I had my fare share of Sting Breezer PVP (before I changed her to Flurry) and it's quite enjoyable, but it has problems in combo opening even more so than Flurry. You really have to land those Arcane focus combos to really get going not to mention the piercing spike combo is pretty difficult to pull off if your opponent has escapes.

You only see a few of them esp. in ladder, but spectating high ranking lancea is really quite a show. The few who are good are REALLY good at it

Do upload your vids if you can. I find it really enjoyable to watch lancea matches

Edited by galeweaver, 06 February 2016 - 07:52 PM.

#8 johanxten

johanxten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • johanxthre
  • DN, Springwood
  • Xenonites

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

How to upload pics and vids here? Will try to upload a vid and some combo vids from youtube too.

Sting and flurry are pretty matched for me, but flurry got more openings and no, lancea's skills got high SAB like that lvl1 skill half cut i think is the name.  The main opening are the 3 lvl1 skills. Deep pierce > half cut > lift for me and usually works.

#9 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11225 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:17 PM

Half Cut pretty much has the same SA break as Shield Blow.

#10 jun1999

jun1999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • iReishi / AeraKoyuki
  • DN, Westwood
  • TheScarlet / PawClub

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:18 PM

Their slow action speed and unreliable SAb is pretty much one of the reasons they are bad against fast classes like Rippers.

I actually find Hovering Blades EX useful at wall combo though.

#11 galeweaver

galeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:21 PM

Might just be me but I find it a nightmare to fight Barbs. They just tank everything I throw at them and I can't seem to break their SA.

#12 johanxten

johanxten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • johanxthre
  • DN, Springwood
  • Xenonites

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:22 PM

Half cut not that op yeah but its pretty fast and causes a stagger/flinch with deep pierce, i find it very useful to use on those cannon classes like warriors.

Hovering blades ex is good wall, but its too situational for a wall > arcane combo or long range spamming.

Barbarians are quite easy for me, their whirlwind is cancel-able by counter or dodge if ur caught. Also they dont have much escape, pretty easy if not caught by stomp slow for me. Of course its a different talk against pros.

Someone should make a pvp guide for Sting Breezer here. Probably one reason why there are no Sting Breezers much...

Edited by johanxten, 06 February 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#13 jun1999

jun1999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • iReishi / AeraKoyuki
  • DN, Westwood
  • TheScarlet / PawClub

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:31 PM

I never even bothered to Arcane when Hovering Blades are up LOL.
I will try to post a video but the idea is, full hits of normal attack against the wall(Or just a wall bounce while facing the wall) > Hovering Blades EX right click to bounce > Deep Pierce/Fling Fling to approach.

It kinda fails if i'm too near the wall though..

#14 johanxten

johanxten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • johanxthre
  • DN, Springwood
  • Xenonites

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:33 PM

View Postjun1999, on 06 February 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

I never even bothered to Arcane when Hovering Blades are up LOL.
I will try to post a video but the idea is, full hits of normal attack against the wall(Or just a wall bounce while facing the wall) > Hovering Blades EX right click to bounce > Deep Pierce/Fling Fling to approach.

It kinda fails if i'm too near the wall though..

Try this:

Lift near a wall (or stagger/flinch them) > kick (wall hit) > turn around > 3 hovering ex > flash lift > arcane focus

I do like that combo since spring haze has been bugged a bit so i cant do it with dent blow instant after wall hit.

Edited by johanxten, 06 February 2016 - 08:34 PM.

#15 jun1999

jun1999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • iReishi / AeraKoyuki
  • DN, Westwood
  • TheScarlet / PawClub

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:38 PM

View Postjohanxten, on 06 February 2016 - 08:33 PM, said:

Try this:

Lift near a wall (or stagger/flinch them) > kick (wall hit) > turn around > 3 hovering ex > flash lift > arcane focus

I do like that combo since spring haze has been bugged a bit so i cant do it with dent blow instant after wall hit.

I do that often too. But i love Hovering Blades EX wall bounce ever since i discovered how to use it (:D)

#16 johanxten

johanxten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • johanxthre
  • DN, Springwood
  • Xenonites

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:41 PM

Do those blades even go back? (oo)

#17 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11225 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:47 PM

View Postjohanxten, on 06 February 2016 - 08:41 PM, said:

The right click makes the blades behave like Crusader's Judgment Hammer EX.

#18 jun1999

jun1999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • iReishi / AeraKoyuki
  • DN, Westwood
  • TheScarlet / PawClub

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:48 PM

View Postjohanxten, on 06 February 2016 - 08:41 PM, said:

Yep. Right clicking Hovering Blades will return to you.

#19 johanxten

johanxten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • johanxthre
  • DN, Springwood
  • Xenonites

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

No i mean since u hit the wall...

#20 jun1999

jun1999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • iReishi / AeraKoyuki
  • DN, Westwood
  • TheScarlet / PawClub

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:53 PM

View Postjohanxten, on 06 February 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

No i mean since u hit the wall...

They won't IIRC. But it does make the target bounce with correct positioning.

Edited by jun1999, 06 February 2016 - 08:54 PM.