• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3618 posts
  • zArAthena/zArSuika
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:18 PM

View PostFrom, on 28 March 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

You're misunderstanding Ripper and Raven, it is clear to me that having a skill that buffs your overall DMG by 30% for 10 seconds, clearly sets a class into having a skill rotation to optimize it's DPS, as it can be confirmed by the video I posted above.
Raven does have a skill rotation, and if you sum the up the CD of Raven, you'll clearly see that you can cast most of his skills two times and have them replenished in a 30 seconds gap, thus leaving you into a new rotation of fade.

However, as disclaimer, you can still spam all your skills as you like, but it will most certainly leave you with less DPS compared to someone who manages his still rotation consitently. I don't say that Fade CD is useless, but it's redundent, and it feels not needed, except as like I said, when you manage to lock the boss into a mech-rotation circle or if he is very mobile, that's the only time I would justify myself of using Fade CD.
No. I am not mistaken. Ofc, Raven have skill roration, but it is not strictly. Raven is consant DPS type with many skill have good damage and low cd. His dmg spread over time not focus on burst moment (Fade make Raven have stronger burst, but overall, he still constant DPS type). There is no redundant. Have fade cd mean you have more Fade uptime which lead to your overall DPS skill stronger. That's all.
And like you say, isn't all boss in DN have dps-mechanics-dps-.... and so on?

Edited by FirePhoenix, 28 March 2016 - 07:28 PM.

#22 Exassassin

Exassassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:49 PM

There are no bosses in the game atm where you shouldn't be able to deal at least 1 bar damage to it in a party within 20 secs or less or the bosses just using iframe mech attacks to prevent you from dpsing. Most dps windows in rdn only lasts around 15 seconds tops so you want to make sure you have fade up during those times. When IDN comes though I assume fade cd wouldn't be as useful there since it'll take forever just to lower a bar. As confirmed many times Ravens punisher EX does stack, and so does all EX dmg amplifiers not just ele debuffs so getting punisher cd plate is also a must,

I'd like to know more on what accs here people would prefer for example tough neck vs cdf tech, ddnl phys ring vs artful chaser tech ring or umbra tech ring. I'd prefer tech rain drop over tough earrings and flame locust/raking tech ring over ddnl for sure.

#23 From

From

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

Added Punishment must plate as it'll make the duration of the debuff equal to the CD of the skills WITH a skill plate (16 CD 15 Dura 1 Cast time)

Thanks for pointing it out.

#24 unknownH12

unknownH12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 621 posts
  • bipolar af
  • pffff

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:45 AM

I'm really really surprised that no one has pointed this obvious fact out yet.

Artful Chaser EX does 15 hits: First 7 hits, second 7 hits and explosion. This is the most basic thing.

Shift Blow with AS is too fast you don't cancel it "most of the times", it takes less than 1 second I swear to do full board damage (the barrage and right click). Following your logic one would never use Flame Locust because it has longer cast time than full Shift Blow and because Shift Blow is cancelled most of the time? Ridiculous.

Because of low CD of all your skills after buff, you no longer have to hit the 0.2 poke board damage of Mortal Blow (seriously have you any idea how long it takes to poke 3 times?), you lose DPS instead of gaining anything.

I don't know man... Pardon my rudeness but it's nerve-wracking when I see someone making a guide on something they haven't touched. Maybe hand over the Ripper section to someone else who actually plays Ripper. That said, your guide is helpful.

Also include this: In order to double cast AC after boost, you must only hit the first 7 hits of Artful Chaser, if you go for the EX hits it's not possible.

Edited by unknownH12, 29 March 2016 - 11:13 AM.

#25 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:08 PM

Pleb correcting only ripper in dneu

Ayy lmao

#26 Schiz

Schiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:46 PM

Also include this: In order to double cast AC after boost, you must only hit the first 7 hits of Artful Chaser, if you go for the EX hits it's not possible.

or just get AS plate like anyone with common sense would

Because of low CD of all your skills after buff, you no longer have to hit the 0.2 poke board damage of Mortal Blow (seriously have you any idea how long it takes to poke 3 times?), you lose DPS instead of gaining anything.

you can do either, just because it's a CTC skill doesn't mean you are forced to spam it 3 times in a row you can also use the poke to iframe while keeping the DPS up

Shift Blow with AS is too fast you don't cancel it "most of the times", it takes less than 1 second I swear to do full board damage (the barrage and right click). Following your logic one would never use Flame Locust because it has longer cast time than full Shift Blow and because Shift Blow is cancelled most of the time? Ridiculous.

again iframe and also after the revamp as you said there's going to be so many skill at your disposal that canceling SB to iframe and instantly get the extra dmg from the EX to spam all your other stronger skills if they're off CD might be a thing you might or might not want to do depending on the situation as opposed to right now where full hits SB EX is a decent part of your dps

#27 PurgamentuN

PurgamentuN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Krebz
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Next_Stage

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:01 PM

u can also use cd from punishment be4 T5 too ;p
idk if cd on punish is a really gud choice.. It is 25 and go to 19, still 4 sec without debuff and lost 20% damage on this skill.. :[ and for now, I use cdf>punish to start my SR, it break my rotation by a certain mod

I'm gonna wait for the update since I dont know all new s.r rules..

@Phoniex

you really can't compare a SR from a week nest. u need some raid or a hard content to see a good SR. Im not talking about the evade time/dodge that u need to do, I'm talking about when boss cant survive at one totally full rotation.. Yeah, I love this **** class! look for this skill amp

Sinthesizing: how cdf and applause are doing less damage than punishment?  punishment 10% from total damage and applause 5? it cant be compared

@From / rokes

maybe u get confused because Crescent Damage debuff is weaker than Elemental Resis debuff. 20% crescent damage are totally diferent than -20% ele resist since the boss have 0% from an element and ppl get confused cuz of that

@topic

Guys, and about triple edge CD? original triple edge cd is 12 sec, but with passive it becomes 6...  buut, if u use cd plate it goes to 3.6sec?

Edited by PurgamentuN, 29 March 2016 - 11:17 PM.

#28 From

From

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:42 AM

View PostunknownH12, on 29 March 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=GRz7rX4Aplo

I never implied with "my logic" that you would never cast Flame Locust, I just pointed out that cancel a move to lose 30% in order to be fast with combo is not a bad option, also you wouldn't want to spam SB either way because it's dmg is way weaker that most of your skills, and only actually fully cast it when you're out of CDs, as a 1500% skill with 30% (if canceled) EX is more than good enough, and there is no need to extend and even sometimes weaken your position when you need to instant tumble or iframe when you fishd up. Heck even Burning Coal does more dmg than a full shiftblow EX and you only need to press 1 button for instant dmg.
Shiftblow EX imo after buff is better used to position yourself and not use tumble in a close combat, but you're free to play your ripper the way you feel like it. (ayy lemao never casting flame locust when it's the main dmg kkk)
Also there are Rippers out there who don't even take SB anymore to free up a skill plate, as the dmg boost compared to the other skills is minimal and would require to actually spam it non stop as with flame locust in order to obtain a decent overall dmg.

I'm the guy who casts MB during combos and to iframe, you must be the other guy who thinks it's a secondary Rain Drop.

https://www.youtube....h?v=hmuxx24WX3w

wat ? But anyways, after buff you're most likely not going to bother even casting the EX as it takes time and makes you immobile and weak to moves, and if you tumble to dodge, you'll lost the EXI ability, so in a sense, after buff it's better to not cast the EX either way.

https://www.youtube....h?v=SsHZwh9fPh0

I don't know man... Pardon my rudeness but it's nerve-wracking when I see someone making a guide on something they haven't touched. Maybe hand over the Ripper section to someone else who actually plays Ripper. That said, your guide is helpful.

Well maybe you should write a guide yourself, I never assumed I'm the best Ripper world (Kappa main objective lel), although i'm pretty sure i'm the best Ripper in EU atm,

Ps : 3 edge plate only exist in DMG or Reset.

Edited by From, 30 March 2016 - 12:53 AM.

#29 mafafa

mafafa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Hasheesh
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:51 AM

View PostFrom, on 30 March 2016 - 12:42 AM, said:

Well maybe you should write a guide yourself, I never assumed I'm the best Ripper world (Kappa main objective lel), although i'm pretty sure i'm the only Ripper in EU atm,

#30 From

From

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:41 AM

I ain't stopping no one from maining chaser Kappa

Edit : Instead of posting more rent posts, i'm just gonna edit that one.

Because you don't see my name in the HB HC board, doesn't mean I am not getting the 1st place Kappa, in fact I've gotten 1st place during the whole last most except the 2 weeks before, because I had 2 titles and they last for 10 days both, so didn't find the need to get it another time and let my lil HokiDen get it Kappa

Also don't make me play raven or else you're gonna cry for those titles meng

Edited by From, 30 March 2016 - 03:39 AM.

#31 PurgamentuN

PurgamentuN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Krebz
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Next_Stage

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:08 AM

You are the only ripper but you cant get HB hc title, my lamentations sad from nb

Be less rude guys, wut

@topic

Guys I cant find it but I'll search a bit more.. I saw a raven doing rake INS 3x in a row. And no, wasnt the animation bug, was real rake ins 3 times. And in answer he said: Rake>3Edge>(Before 3E hit the boss)Rake INS>(After hit)Rake INS again.

Is this possible on KDN? Atm, on EU, I cant confirm it. You can only use Rake INS when 3edge hit the boss. In case that u are alone, on garden/safe zones, u cant reset rake CD.

Edited by PurgamentuN, 30 March 2016 - 03:10 AM.

#32 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:49 AM

@From / rokes

maybe u get confused because Crescent Damage debuff is weaker than Elemental Resis debuff. 20% crescent damage are totally diferent than -20% ele resist since the boss have 0% from an element and ppl get confused cuz of that

20% damage increase debuff is not weaker than 20% elemental debuff in a boss with 0% elemental defense. Its the same.

and about triple edge CD? original triple edge cd is 12 sec, but with passive it becomes 6...  buut, if u use cd plate it goes to 3.6sec?

Nope. It would be 4.8s... pls math. Anyways edited as someone already said it doesnt exist

Edited by Rokes, 30 March 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#33 PurgamentuN

PurgamentuN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Krebz
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Next_Stage

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:32 AM

no rokes i used 12 sec as reference

annd, i dont know why, but it's the same from 60 cap since I play. Test it by urself. Elemental debuffs are more stronger than Crescent damage ones

#34 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:31 AM

View PostPurgamentuN, on 30 March 2016 - 05:32 AM, said:

annd, i dont know why, but it's the same from 60 cap since I play. Test it by urself. Elemental debuffs are more stronger than Crescent damage ones

They are not... and thats why I said it. You are even saying you dont even know why LOL.

Test it yourself.

1.Take a physician to ABN HC

2. cast love virus and test damage, note it down. Then cast magma punch and test damage.

3.Compare...

4. Profit

#35 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:33 AM

View PostRokes, on 30 March 2016 - 06:31 AM, said:

Test it yourself.

Can't, cuz server ded.

#36 FirePhoenix

FirePhoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3618 posts
  • zArAthena/zArSuika
  • DN, Holywood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:01 PM

View PostPurgamentuN, on 29 March 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

@Phoniex

you really can't compare a SR from a week nest. u need some raid or a hard content to see a good SR. Im not talking about the evade time/dodge that u need to do, I'm talking about when boss cant survive at one totally full rotation.. Yeah, I love this **** class! look for this skill amp

Sinthesizing: how cdf and applause are doing less damage than punishment?  punishment 10% from total damage and applause 5? it cant be compared
This is refer to me?
Theory, applause have higher DPS. But to achieve that, you need always get 2hit applause and get the ex part. In real run, you will not sure get 2hit, and sometimes/some people prefer not get the ex hit for faster casting time. And you know, 1hit applause is quite weak.
Punishment have higher dmg than CDF is also normal. It has higher board dmg and easier to get full hit. The shorter cd of CDF do not matter much if you cannot squeeze more CDF than Punishment in 1 rotation/stage

Edited by FirePhoenix, 30 March 2016 - 04:11 PM.

#37 Exassassin

Exassassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:37 PM

View PostPurgamentuN, on 29 March 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

u can also use cd from punishment be4 T5 too ;p
idk if cd on punish is a really gud choice.. It is 25 and go to 19, still 4 sec without debuff and lost 20% damage on this skill.. :[ and for now, I use cdf>punish to start my SR, it break my rotation by a certain mod

After revamp punisher cd will be lowered  to 20, with plate will be 16 seconds. Also a bit more damage for yourself for 1 skill is not worth losing dps on your main damage dealers-rain drop/rake oh and I think being able to keep debuff up more often for 7 other party members or even just 3 is pretty important.

Edited by Exassassin, 30 March 2016 - 04:42 PM.

#38 71nku92

71nku92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • tinku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:25 PM

View PostFrom, on 28 March 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

He got 'Mortal Blow' Level 11, and 'Izuna Drop', which means he took some SP from Raven section and invested it in Ripper section. Is that a good thing to do? I am sure he took some SP from Raven section because to get 'Mortal Blow' to Level 6, I had to sacrifice 3 levels from 'Open Edge' and I still don't have 'Izuna Drop'. I know Rippers do that hybrid build to get 'Rain Drop' to 11 but do Ravens go for hybrid build for PvE?

When I was new to game I went Hybrid for PvE and many Ravens, at that time, advised me against it. So, I am wondering is this a good build?

#39 Exassassin

Exassassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:58 PM

View Post71nku92, on 01 April 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

He got 'Mortal Blow' Level 11, and 'Izuna Drop', which means he took some SP from Raven section and invested it in Ripper section. Is that a good thing to do? I am sure he took some SP from Raven section because to get 'Mortal Blow' to Level 6, I had to sacrifice 3 levels from 'Open Edge' and I still don't have 'Izuna Drop'. I know Rippers do that hybrid build to get 'Rain Drop' to 11 but do Ravens go for hybrid build for PvE?

When I was new to game I went Hybrid for PvE and many Ravens, at that time, advised me against it. So, I am wondering is this a good build?

It really comes down to if you rather use open edge every now and then or mortal blow, both are filler but open edge at lvl 16 should outdps mortal blow lvl 11. Level 1 Izuna drop is fine just for the iframe.

#40 PurgamentuN

PurgamentuN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Krebz
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Next_Stage

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:05 PM

View Post71nku92, on 01 April 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

not really men, idk what are u doing but u can max raven tree and get mortal blow 6 without sacrifices.. i think he lowered applause and open edge but at my vision it's not worth it, im pretty sure it's not a really thing to do get mortal blow 11 o_o