Minaoozi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • TecoTek
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:04 PM

Sooo...

I wanted to change my forum name, i typed the new name and my current pw (the same PW i use to log in to the main page > and therefore the forum) but it always says that the PW is wrong ...

Sooo, what to do now? ._.

#2 EmixShii

EmixShii

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1444 posts
  • Retired / MIA. ( MsRii )
  • DN, Holywood
  • OuraSlayer

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:06 PM

^ I'm actually experiencing the same thing but I learnt to deal with it (T.T)

#3 CCHelper

CCHelper

• 3525 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:08 AM

Hi there,

Due to security reasons, it is currently not possible to change your Forum Display Name.

The function has also been disabled in the Forum. Thus, it is normal to encounter an "incorrect password" error message should you attempt to use it.

Cheers.

#4 OtonoKakuei

OtonoKakuei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:51 AM

It keeps saying that the current password that I've input is incorrect, even though I managed to log in with that same password.

#5 CCHelper

CCHelper

• 3525 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:11 PM

Hi there,

Kindly send a ticket via Cherry Messenger or send an email to gardener@cherrycredits.com so that relevant assistance can be provided.

Cheers.

#6 ZeroYami

ZeroYami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • ZeroYami
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:03 AM

View PostCCHelper, on 19 March 2016 - 03:08 AM, said:

Hi there,

Due to security reasons, it is currently not possible to change your Forum Display Name.

The function has also been disabled in the Forum. Thus, it is normal to encounter an "incorrect password" error message should you attempt to use it.

Cheers.

Not really "normal" but rather misleading considering the password entered was correct, it is better to display the function was "disabled" or not make it available for clicking at all.

Could you elaborate on the "security" reasons?

In addition, can this player still be helped to change their username if they are not posing any "security risks" ?
(@Minaoozi: maybe you can let them know which name you would like to be using, then the moderator here can ask an administrator to alter the name.)

Us DNEU players are still new to the forums and some of us may have acted too fast without thinking about the consequences of being unable to change it later on.

Thank you!

#7 Lumite

Lumite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Brag
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

When i go to >  My Profile > Edit Profile > Display Name.

I keep trying to change it, it says i have used 0 out of 1 name changes etc. but everytime i try it comes back with "incorrect password" but i know it's the right password because i log in to the forums everyday with it :/

Pls halp

#8 NoHealNoHP

NoHealNoHP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • CaTLover
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:48 PM

I also encounter this kind of problem (oo;) I badly want to change my Forum name tho (mad)

#9 Sora1994

Sora1994

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • SoraRaida
  • DN, Holywood
  • Gryffinclaw

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:49 PM

Mod Mantou has stated that the feature is not available anymore.
I know, it sucks (sorry)

#10 Lumite

Lumite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Brag
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:15 PM

View PostSora1994, on 07 April 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

Mod Mantou has stated that the feature is not available anymore.
I know, it sucks (sorry)
cri. Thanks for the reply though

#11 Shurapura

Shurapura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:28 AM

Hello, figured I'd bump this since I have the same problem and there is already a thread on it.

Since the function doesn't work I am looking for a forum moderator/admin ect. to have my username changed by them. Is that possible?

#12 YamiZero

YamiZero

• 1187 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:17 AM

I believe this feature has been disabled to prevent confusion among users, nor am I sure if it's allowed to change the forum username, but you could always try sending a support ticket requesting a forum name change, and if you do so, please let us know as well what response you're given so this issue can be cleared up for other users as well.

#13 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:50 AM

Just a little bit of scrolling down and you wouldn't have had to necro this thread.

View PostCCHelper, on 19 March 2016 - 03:08 AM, said:

Hi there,

Cheers.

#14 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 908 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:04 AM

Locking down this thread, as the feature is staying disabled due to the reasons mentioned by CCHelper and a recent report.

Have a nice day.

#15 YamiZero

YamiZero

• 1187 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:22 AM

// Topics Ā»mergedĀ«.