Papaya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Mango
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Connect

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:07 PM

Id think the difference here is that the colosseum is solely a pvp section unlike your general discussion, which contains many other subjects than only pve ._. Life is hard.
But yeah, I'd also like to see some vids from EU, even tho there aren't really any good pvpers around anymore. Rather than recycling the same vids from other servers.

#22 Aynix

Aynix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Aynix
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Daikirai

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:38 AM

There are like 10 pvp players on DN EU, what do you expect (tense)

#23 YamiZero

YamiZero

• 1306 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:13 AM

Well perhaps recording new PvP videos can liven up things a bit again, 90 cap, different kind of PvPing right! (I know there are a lot of opinions regarding this, I'm solely referring to the creation of PvP videos) (:])

So go out there and encourage those PvPers! (clap)

#24 Dargunz

Dargunz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Connect

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:11 AM

It's kind of hard to encourage PvPers when they see their opponents lag 24/7. Sure some people actually figure it's the game's netcode and usually not on the player's end.. but knowing that simply makes the experience even worse.

The game's netcode is poor at handling input. If you mash your keys, for example to roll out of being knocked down, there's a high chance that you will lag.

Mashing keys, or timing your input 'barely' too late are the main causes for ghosting and bugs that are related to lag. Holding down shift to Tumble also has a similar effect to mashing. Ghosts are the main reason for evasions to bug, when your evasion bugs it's usually due to you activating it while you were ghosting.

There are sadly also some skills that force a ghost upon the target. Main offenders are Divine Combo lv6 right-click and Hacking Stance EX right-click. (just a few examples)

TL;DR. The game is broken, current netcode makes the PvP experience unbearable at higher skill levels.

If people want 1vs1 videos from EU I could consider making some, but there are very few good players left in this region to showcase. I'm not interested in recording Warrior matches.

Edited by Dargunz, 19 June 2016 - 09:19 AM.