• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MPonder

MPonder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

Hi, anyone tested if the lvl of Mecha Duck skill LVL affects the dmg of the duck and its skills?

#2 WitWiwWako2

WitWiwWako2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4837 posts
  • LoveKitkat/WarSabrina
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:59 AM

View PostMPonder, on 19 March 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

Hi, anyone tested if the lvl of Mecha Duck skill LVL affects the dmg of the duck and its skills?
Hello DN player from Europe.

The level of mecha duck only affects the crash damage(the damage where the duck egg hits something). It does not affect its skills like shock and siren because these skills have their own board damage.

#3 MPonder

MPonder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:13 AM

View PostWitWiwWako2, on 19 March 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

Hello DN player from Europe.

The level of mecha duck only affects the crash damage(the damage where the duck egg hits something). It does not affect its skills like shock and siren because these skills have their own board damage.

Thank you, that's something I can't test without getting a skill reset scroll.

I was testing some skills with mechanical mode ON and OFF, and I saw that the dmg of the skills of the duck wasn't affected if I was on Mechanical Mode or not.

But after I tested summon the Duck with Mechanical mode ON and later OFF, when I summoned the duck with MM ON, its skills had more dmg even if I turned the MM OFF again.

Edited by MPonder, 19 March 2016 - 10:20 AM.

#4 VayneNovus

VayneNovus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Prostituee
  • DN, Springwood
  • TheSixthSense

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:25 AM

View PostMPonder, on 19 March 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

Thank you, that's something I can't test without getting a skill reset scroll.

I was testing some skills with mechanical mode ON and OFF, and I saw that the dmg of the skills of the duck wasn't affected if I was on Mechanical Mode or not.

But after I tested summon the Duck with Mechanical mode ON and later OFF, when I summoned the duck with MM ON, its skills had more dmg even if I turned the MM OFF again. - as the skill description says, when under Mechanic Mode, damage increases by x% and damage received decreases by y%. no wonder when a duck was summoned under MM, the damage of the skills was slightly higher. (not sure with this though)

#5 MPonder

MPonder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:56 AM

View PostVayneNovus, on 19 March 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:

The duck's skills (Mecha Siren, Mecha shock and Mecha Bomb).

If I summoned the duck with MM OFF, its shock skill did ~140K dmg every tick, even if I turned MM ON after I summoned it, the dmg stil the same.

If I summoned the duck with MM ON, its shock skill did ~185K dmgm every tick, even if I turned MM OFF after I summoned it, the dmg still the same.

Same goes for Mecha Siren and Mecha Bomb.

Edited by MPonder, 19 March 2016 - 11:02 AM.

#6 WitWiwWako2

WitWiwWako2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4837 posts
  • LoveKitkat/WarSabrina
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:19 AM

I don't think MM affects the damage of the ducks skills. Not entirely sure about this though. Much better if GM experts can comment here.

#7 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3030 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:25 PM

Now that I'm awake I will write a more proper reply.

Ducks are individual units that possess their own stats. Following that, the skills cast by ducks use their stat. This goes for Mecha Shock, Mecha Siren and Mecha Bomb.

Ducks and Towers stats are based on the GM at the time of the summon. If you have MM mode or any other buff, your PATK increases, and when you summon the duck, these stats get carried to the ducks.

You can test this easily by summoning 1 duck without MM mode and observe damage (with broken weapons) and then repeating this test without MM mode. MM mode's 30% dmg increase is often significant enough to notice even without broken weapons.

Lagendia is a good place to test this at the moment.

Edited by Xenocho, 19 March 2016 - 04:42 PM.

#8 VayneNovus

VayneNovus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Prostituee
  • DN, Springwood
  • TheSixthSense

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

View PostXenocho, on 19 March 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

Now that I'm awake I will write a more proper reply.

Ducks are individual units that possess their own stats. Following that, the skills cast by ducks use their stat. This goes for Mecha Shock, Mecha Siren and Mecha Bomb.

Ducks and Towers stats are based on the GM at the time of the summon. If you have MM mode or any other buff, your PATK increases, and when you summon the duck, these stats get carried to the ducks.

You can test this easily by summoning 1 duck without MM mode and observe damage (with broken weapons) and then repeating this test without MM mode. MM mode's 30% dmg increase is often significant enough to notice even without broken weapons.

Lagendia is a good place to test this at the moment.

I think MM mode is redundant. MM=Mechanic Mode.

That's a good point anyway. The same goes for Lightning Relic and other summons.

#9 Arctic

Arctic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • lMohan
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • UnionZ

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:26 AM

Dont forgetting that all summons can be buffed, so, if a kind warrior use his party buff, the summon dmg will increase.