Jasel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Jasel
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NB_re

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:57 PM

It would be cool to have a private way to send messages to other forumers without having everyone else reading them, though. What do you suggest as a filler for this lack of functionality? We used to have some sort of private messaging system on the old forums.

#22 Quacksel

Quacksel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostDessert, on 01 June 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

It seems like it can't be removed nor enabled, so it has to stay like it is. =x

#perfect forum lel

#23 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:32 PM

View PostDessert, on 01 June 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

it can't be enabled

why? it was already active in the past, so why can't they just activate it again? CC can't activate again the pm function, which they deactivated, on a php forum in 4 years?

View PostYamiZero, on 01 June 2016 - 03:28 AM, said:

I think what people would like to know (or have a list of) is which are currently the active and "official" DNMs and how they can be contact in game and on forums.

So how is this going to work? How can I contact SEA players? Pls enlight me, but I double dare you to mention posting on someone's profile!

#24 YamiZero

YamiZero

• 1262 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:43 PM

It's most likely disabled because it's tedious to monitor (relating to the forum and game rules). You can still contact someone by posting a topic to them though (additionally place a quote from them in it, so they receive a notification), exchange messenger handles, or mail in game if you're playing the same version.

#25 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:13 PM

I'm sry my limited english skills are probably disrupting with perfectly understanding what you suggest. Please correct me if wrong, but did you just suggest to create forum threads to talk to people? I'm kinda confused.

And maybe I don't want to exchange messenger handles as it contains RL infos I might not want to share, beside I don't want to post them on the forum visible for everyone just to share it with one person, cause I can't privately pm a person on forum my messenger handle. And I'm playing on 24 characters mailing me ingame with full mailboxes is basicly a no go.

#26 Jasel

Jasel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Jasel
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NB_re

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:17 AM

Suggestion: Create a semi-official Discord server where people can log-in with their in-game name (or whatever name they want to have) so that we can contact each other by private messages, voice chat or whatever without having to share real life information. On top of that, it would be useful to spread information among the players.

#27 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:21 AM

Ayy lmao semi-official Discord server? Please even though I'm not an native english speaker you disgust me. You can choose if it's either based of inappropiate use of words or just being plain stupid. Your choice. But hey please share the official Discord server with us plebs first, cause maybe this already serves the purpose, aight?

Nevertheless why would I want to use Discord or any other communication programm or device to talk with someone on the forum (especially when there is a function to do so)? So if I want to talk to Efraym please tell me how I'm going to share the sensible data of access to any communication service without  posting it on the forum? Enlight me and guide me out of the darkness.

#28 Jasel

Jasel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Jasel
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NB_re

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:27 AM

View PostWeapon7, on 02 June 2016 - 03:21 AM, said:

Ayy lmao semi-official Discord server? Please even though I'm not an native english speaker you disgust me. You can choose if it's either based of inappropiate use of words or just being plain stupid. Your choice. But hey please share the official Discord server with us plebs first, cause maybe this already serves the purpose, aight?

Nevertheless why would I want to use Discord or any other communication programm or device to talk with someone on the forum (especially when there is a function to do so)? So if I want to talk to Efraym please tell me how I'm going to share the sensible data of access to any communication service without  posting it on the forum? Enlight me and guide me out of the darkness.

Did I choose the wrong word order or something? Semi in that sentence is used as a hedge sort of prefix so people don't jump at me because there is no way in which a server created by a third person can be considered official. And you still jumped at me because of the hedging itself while I was trying to offer a solution for a problem you (and other people on the forums) have.
I disgust you? ayy lmao, an native, based of; would you prefer me to use half instead of semi? You may probably have a C2 certificate already, but refrain from laughing at my writing. I know you will not read this anyway, but here you go, you acid spitting person. If you are reading this, you must really love me to pay that much attention ewê.
On topic: You do not need to download discord, as it can be accessed via your own browser. I said it would not be fully official because the probablity of a staff member creating one or activating private messages is rather close to zero. If there was a Discord server, all one would have to do to speak to another person on the forums is click on the discord server link (so it opens on their browser), tell each other their username (which they will have to choose prior to sharing, no need to register either) and start a private chat, voice chat or even add them as friend to know when they are online playing. For extended functionality, one can download the desktop app (that way people you added will know your online-offline status). Oh, and you would not need to post anything on the forums, you can type on the chat box every single discord server has.

Hope that helped.

Edited by Jasel, 02 June 2016 - 05:35 AM.

#29 YamiZero

YamiZero

• 1262 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:08 AM

If there's enough interest for having a Dragon Nest (Europe) Discord Server, I could set one up. What do you guys think? (what was that about zero chance a staff member would set up a server? (:]))

While I'm unable to activate the PM functionality on the forums, I'll ask why it has been disabled.

#30 Jasel

Jasel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Jasel
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NB_re

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:22 AM

View PostYamiZero, on 02 June 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

(what was that about zero chance a staff member would set up a server? (:]))
"Rather close to zero", you are Zero, you have a chance.

Over with the dumb stuff, If we can't get personal messaging, it would not be such a bad idea to have a different place where to have live conversations, and the private message issue would be sort of solved.

Edited by Jasel, 02 June 2016 - 07:23 AM.

#31 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:28 PM

View PostJasel, on 02 June 2016 - 05:27 AM, said:

Did I choose the wrong word order or something? Semi in that sentence is used as a hedge sort of prefix so people don't jump at me because there is no way in which a server created by a third person can be considered official. And you still jumped at me because of the hedging itself while I was trying to offer a solution for a problem you (and other people on the forums) have.
I disgust you? ayy lmao, an native, based of; would you prefer me to use half instead of semi? You may probably have a C2 certificate already, but refrain from laughing at my writing. I know you will not read this anyway, but here you go, you acid spitting person. If you are reading this, you must really love me to pay that much attention ewê.
On topic: You do not need to download discord, as it can be accessed via your own browser. I said it would not be fully official because the probablity of a staff member creating one or activating private messages is rather close to zero. If there was a Discord server, all one would have to do to speak to another person on the forums is click on the discord server link (so it opens on their browser), tell each other their username (which they will have to choose prior to sharing, no need to register either) and start a private chat, voice chat or even add them as friend to know when they are online playing. For extended functionality, one can download the desktop app (that way people you added will know your online-offline status). Oh, and you would not need to post anything on the forums, you can type on the chat box every single discord server has.

Hope that helped.

First of all semi implies there would be an offical server and second it's semi-offical if it would atleast get support from CC. Without having any connection to DNEU or any other CC product besides created/hosted by players this has nothing to do with DNEU/CC so isn't semi or anything official at all. Or did you know the semi-official TS for DNEU by Blackout? The semi-official TS for DNEU by Legendary? The semi-official TS for DNEU by ProjectX? The semi-official TS for DNEU by Glorious? The semi-official TS for DNEU by AgileCorp? etc. etc. etc.

I apologise for prolly being a little bit more harsh than probably needed, but you ignoring of the fact that I would still have to post informations on the forum I don't want to post maybe trigger'd me slightly. I fully understand what you say, but I'm not sure if you don't get it or ignore it on purpose that for example on Discord, I would have to post the invitation to the server on forum so that person I want to contact could join. This is already an information I might not want to join with the public. Then I would have to tell on forum which user that person has to contact, which would then even revealing my Discord ID to the public, which is the 2nd personal information I might not want to share on forum. Also I would have to verify that the person who joined and contacted me is the person from the forum I want to talk to, as basicly everyone who read it on forum could join and pretend to be the person I was lokking for. I don't know if you start to get the issue I'm trying to point out. But before all of this there are 2 other problems. How do I even make the person I want to talk to aware to join TS or that the posted data is basicly for him/her, cause maybe that person is never going to look into that thread again, as well as if the person doesn't want to use Discord or whatever, all this plan was for nothing. CC is offering a service equal to leasing a car without axis.

This are issues upfront the usage of discord or any other method. Thanks for your suggestion but so far for me it seems quite impractical.

View PostYamiZero, on 02 June 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

If there's enough interest for having a Dragon Nest (Europe) Discord Server, I could set one up. What do you guys think? (what was that about zero chance a staff member would set up a server? (:]))

While I'm unable to activate the PM functionality on the forums, I'll ask why it has been disabled.

There is a DN artist server, a DNNAEU server, so personally I doubt we need one more, but that's just my opinion. Also may I ask if you are paid employee with a sign contract by CC? Otherwise I'm not sure if you could be really consider'd a CC staff member (not questioning you moderator status, just curious about the legal status of mods and DNMs under CC). In general can we hold CC responsible for your actions (talking about all the mods/DNMs).

It would be much appreciated if you could find out the reasoning behind the disabling of the function. If I had to guess according to the forum post it might have something to do with links, spamers, scamers, but not sure though. Go solve this mystery and free mankind from the restrictions on this forum and I might honour it with more likes and maybe even some respect.

View PostJasel, on 02 June 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

"Rather close to zero", you are Zero, you have a chance.

Over with the dumb stuff, If we can't get personal messaging, it would not be such a bad idea to have a different place where to have live conversations, and the private message issue would be sort of solved.

It's just fighting the symptoms but not the cause and it's just a semi-satisfying solution though it still might be better than nothing. But I highly doubt it.

#32 Jasel

Jasel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Jasel
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NB_re

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:34 AM

View PostWeapon7, on 02 June 2016 - 11:28 PM, said:

It's just fighting the symptoms but not the cause and it's just a semi-satisfying solution though it still might be better than nothing. But I highly doubt it.
Let's see if they can forward the request of personal messaging first and if that fails we might all have to join the artist's Discord server (I wonder what sort of artist will each of us be).