#1 Lumite

Lumite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Brag
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:50 PM

I'm shooting star but seems kinda weak even though my p atk is 130k in town =3= Don't do much damage but i have one job change so i'm just wondering if gear master will give me more dps?

#2 Addely

Addely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Anselve
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • SerpentGang

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:37 PM

Yep gear master is stronger.

#3 Drell

Drell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Drell | Leikun | Melaire
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • 방탄 & ProjectX

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:39 AM

Gear master is definitely stronger for PVE, the turret dmg is overpowered and so is the turret dps.

Also it is easier to fight as a Gear master as you can pay most attention to dodging,not quite fighting as your duckies and turrets, also alfredo are doing so. Posted Image

Edited by Drell, 22 March 2016 - 12:40 AM.

#4 Addely

Addely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Anselve
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • SerpentGang

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:07 AM

Drell, on 22 March 2016 - 12:39 AM, said:

Gear master is definitely stronger for PVE, the turret dmg is overpowered and so is the turret dps.

Also it is easier to fight as a Gear master as you can pay most attention to dodging,not quite fighting as your duckies and turrets, also alfredo are doing so. Posted Image
If you think that's all then pls go back to cookie bakery ;_; i already see GMs not using MM chainsaw..
Atm imo best GM build atm is hybrid (maxed reload + biochemical missile) which keeps the player busy all the time (still effective tho if you can pull it off).

Protip:
Summon 3 towers at a time ;x otherwise the first one will disappear if you use all 4 (most GMs cast chainsaw first while technically it should be 2nd cause you will be able to summon a 2nd chainsaw while previous one will still be on the field so to have both you should cast cannon/ frosty first and then chainsaw)
And you can cancel animations of biochemical missile, chemical grenade, summon alfredo and all towers except chainsaw etc. with reload which speeds up gathering bullets a lot.
Don't forget that.

Edited by Addely, 23 March 2016 - 04:09 AM.

#5 Drell

Drell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Drell | Leikun | Melaire
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • 방탄 & ProjectX

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:29 AM

Addely, on 23 March 2016 - 04:07 AM, said:

If you think that's all then pls go back to cookie bakery ;_;
I dun't think that is all, i just mentioned the most broken q3q, and fine, you love my cookies anyway, i wonder how u haven't eaten the poisoned ones yet.

#6 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:30 AM

Addely, on 23 March 2016 - 04:07 AM, said:

If you think that's all then pls go back to cookie bakery ;_; i already see GMs not using MM chainsaw..
Atm imo best GM build atm is hybrid (maxed reload + biochemical missile) which keeps the player busy all the time (still effective tho if you can pull it off).

Protip:
Summon 3 towers at a time ;x otherwise the first one will disappear if you use all 4 (most GMs cast chainsaw first while technically it should be 2nd cause you will be able to summon a 2nd chainsaw while previous one will still be on the field so to have both you should cast cannon/ frosty first and then chainsaw)
And you can cancel animations of biochemical missile, chemical grenade, summon alfredo and all towers except chainsaw etc. with reload which speeds up gathering bullets a lot.
Don't forget that.

Actually Chainsaw should be the last one cause you can enhance it with mechanic mode while in the air...

#7 Lumite

Lumite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Brag
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:39 AM

Omg these approval posts are annoying >< i have to give such slow replies to wait for approval, if i was to become GM in PvE would i use the mechniac mode or is it best without? I've seen some GMs max it and others not use it at all

#8 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2589 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:30 PM

Only foolish GMs will not use MM

#9 Addely

Addely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Anselve
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • SerpentGang

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

Rokes, on 23 March 2016 - 04:30 AM, said:

Actually Chainsaw should be the last one cause you can enhance it with mechanic mode while in the air...
Can do it as well with it being second one ._. But yeah your example fastens the rotation

#10 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:00 PM

Addely, on 23 March 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

Can do it as well with it being second one ._. But yeah your example fastens the rotation

And I have never played Gearmaster... pls ppl learn your classes

#11 Seirra

Seirra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Seirra
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • GM Valhalla

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:17 PM

Rokes, on 23 March 2016 - 04:30 AM, said:

+1

CST should be the last one, CST can get more dmg with MM after cast

Addely, on 23 March 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

if you cast CST second, u lost time to cast another turrets after casting MM.
Do some experiment Anselve :D

Edited by Seirra, 23 March 2016 - 11:21 PM.

#12 Lumite

Lumite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Brag
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:04 AM

Thanks for the help guys! I changed from SS to GM and my damage increased from 200,000,000 in MANTI HC to 1,300,000,000 as a gear master XD Thanks so glad i changed class! Although i wish the EXi was much better as i didn't even want to learn force out..

#13 Addely

Addely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Anselve
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • SerpentGang

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:05 AM

Seirra, on 23 March 2016 - 11:17 PM, said:

+1

CST should be the last one, CST can get more dmg with MM after cast

if you cast CST second, u lost time to cast another turrets after casting MM.
Do some experiment Anselve :D
I said his example is better ok?!?!?!
@^ in few patches gear master will get new exi - big mecha bomber after rocket pump (kick starter)

#14 MPonder

MPonder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:54 AM

So, how to DPS with that Hybrid build, I mean, after you set your towers and debuffs?

MM ON -> CS shot -> MM OFF -> BCM -> Reload -> Repeat. ?

#15 Addely

Addely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Anselve
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • SerpentGang

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:54 PM

MPonder, on 24 March 2016 - 09:54 AM, said:

So, how to DPS with that Hybrid build, I mean, after you set your towers and debuffs?

MM ON -> CS shot -> MM OFF -> BCM -> Reload -> Repeat. ?
I dont do anything besides rdn on my gear master cause in other things it doesn't really matter so
There are a lot of mechs where you can just chill and get bullets (bridge, mark on 2nd boss, 3rd boss sucking tornado etc.), and during fight you use reload to cancel animations of towers and grenade, then chainsaw -> mm -> mm chainsaw -> bmb/ulti -> mm chainsaw -> mm off -> biochemical&cancel the animation with reload and repeat.

#16 AndruRyan

AndruRyan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:13 PM

Lumite, on 24 March 2016 - 01:04 AM, said:

Thanks for the help guys! I changed from SS to GM and my damage increased from 200,000,000 in MANTI HC to 1,300,000,000 as a gear master XD Thanks so glad i changed class! Although i wish the EXi was much better as i didn't even want to learn force out..

Maybe you were not using your SS very well.. i mean of course gear master is TOP DPS, but my SS p.attack is 113k and in  MANTI HC my average damage is about 800.000.000.  sometimes more, sometimes less, so i guess with 130k p.attack yo must do more damage than that.

#17 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:58 PM

AndruRyan, on 24 March 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

Maybe you were not using your SS very well.. i mean of course gear master is TOP DPS, but my SS p.attack is 113k and in  MANTI HC my average damage is about 800.000.000.  sometimes more, sometimes less, so i guess with 130k p.attack yo must do more damage than that.

Shooting Star does literally half of GearMaster's damage considering similar gear and skill level

Edited by Rokes, 24 March 2016 - 08:59 PM.

#18 GridaZ

GridaZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • GridaZ
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NB_re / Rurouni

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:23 AM

Rokes, on 24 March 2016 - 08:58 PM, said:

Shooting Star does literally half of GearMaster's damage considering similar gear and skill level
That is not truth. I played SS and GM with same gear and their dmg was almost the same, its all about how u play the class:)
GM did more dmg obviously but not half of the SS. It was maybe 10-20% more dmg.

#19 Addely

Addely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Anselve
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • SerpentGang

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:26 AM

GridaZ, on 25 March 2016 - 03:23 AM, said:

That is not truth. I played SS and GM with same gear and their dmg was almost the same, its all about how u play the class:)
GM did more dmg obviously but not half of the SS. It was maybe 10-20% more dmg.
It means you are very bad GM.

#20 GridaZ

GridaZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • GridaZ
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NB_re / Rurouni

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:39 AM

Addely, on 25 March 2016 - 03:26 AM, said:

It means you are very bad GM.
I am not kinda sure about that. I will have to think about it for a little.