What Exactly Is The Penalty For Multi-Accounting?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

There is nothing stated in the game abuse policy, so is it allowed? If not what is the penalty? Is it split in 1st, 2nd and 3rd offense like other penalties? Does it include charge CC to get your account back?

In general I would like to know if it's even worth my time to report people.

Thanks in advance for reply and if possible link the source.

Cheers
-Weapon7

#2 Surprised

Surprised

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1015 posts
  • Condom
  • Godly

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:47 PM

I don't think there is a policy on Multi accounting, considering people only could make 4 characters at the very start in SEA and then obviously lots of them multi-accounted to the point of cherry not caring much anymore. (tense)

#3 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:16 PM

Hey Dary,

but we aren't SEA even if kinda the same situation was on EU. And just saying multi-accounting isn't allowed with out a penality is kinda pointless. I tried to look it up, but I couldn't find an offical statement. So I don't want to waste my time if it's as pointless as it seems to be.

#4 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:54 AM

Multiaccounting on EU was profitable due to shanda giving tons of gold and items almost on a per day basis.

With CC the rewards are going to be very limited so I dont think it hurts anyone for people to multiaccount... they prolly just dont give a F as with tons of other stuff

#5 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:07 PM

Bump! Still waiting for a reply!

#6 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:10 PM

I just read the Game abuse policy and stumbled upon this:

"Offering monetary services to babysit, power level, or pilot game character/s that requires direct access to the recipient’s account/s."

does this mean that as long as there is no monetary transaction, players can access other players account?

Edited by Rokes, 26 March 2016 - 09:32 PM.

#7 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:25 PM

Ahh rokes don't derail the thread.... Answers pls!

#8 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:20 PM

Not derailing, just saying there is most likely not penalties at all.

Not like you were gonna get an official answer anyway

#9 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:40 PM

Believe! What else is this forum here for?

#10 civafu

civafu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Civafu / SomeonYouTrust
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Extravagance / Self-title: Town Bug Discoverer

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:04 AM

Maybe if you ask mantou you'll get a reply about this (:])

Edited by civafu, 27 March 2016 - 03:05 AM.

#11 ZeroYami

ZeroYami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • ZeroYami
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:59 AM

To be honest, I don't see how it's possible to even monitor or punish multi-accounting. It's completely pointless to push through such a rule, even if it were in the ToS/UA.

If you're living in a place where multiple people play Dragon Nest, they use the same machine, or multiple machines, they log on each others accounts, share and exchange items, what are they going to do? Tell them they can't? They won't even be able to tell who is using the account/machine, not by logs or player actions anyway.

#12 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:43 AM

View Postcivafu, on 27 March 2016 - 03:04 AM, said:

Maybe if you ask mantou you'll get a reply about this (:])

pm function not working on the forum

View PostZeroYami, on 27 March 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

To be honest, I don't see how it's possible to even monitor or punish multi-accounting. It's completely pointless to push through such a rule, even if it were in the ToS/UA.

If you're living in a place where multiple people play Dragon Nest, they use the same machine, or multiple machines, they log on each others accounts, share and exchange items, what are they going to do? Tell them they can't? They won't even be able to tell who is using the account/machine, not by logs or player actions anyway.

it's quite easy to do it if people are stupid enough to use multiple accounts on forum. did it on the old forum so it's basicly possible to do it here aswell, i just want to know if it's worth my time. not like someone cares about a forum ban if you can just make another account cause that's all the punishment you get.

#13 Lightt

Lightt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:49 AM

Waiting for his majesty mantou to deliver the holy words

I've been told that ppl sharing accounts were banned a week for no other reason beside "multi accounting" so maybe they dont care if you are under the radar but when they catch you its all the same to them to sanction without any argument

Edited by Lightt, 27 March 2016 - 08:53 AM.

#14 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:52 AM

In case Mantou should reply, maybe he could even state if GMs and official CC staff is using the forum or if the volunteers are our only mouthpiece to CC, beside tickets.

#15 Anelin

Anelin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Ayarie, Anuya
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Divergent, ProjectX

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:59 PM

So is it legal? Because I already know some ppl who use multiple accounts (at least 3). If it's legal, gona use 2 more accounts for events, farms etc.

#16 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:05 PM

The moment I heard we were going to CC i knew these kind of thread asking for official answers would be ignored hard.

Anyway, in Game Abuse Policy they actually use "account/s" on several posts, as I remarked on a previous post so until an official answer comes I guess its safe to assume multiaccounting is allowed, since it isn't on game abuse policy as oposed to when shanda was in charge. We are all multiaccounting already since we also have a SEA account... so yeah.

Mantou or CC helper, can we get info on this subject?

#17 Calimero

Calimero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:08 AM

Dont know about the penalty, but it doesn't seems like it is allowed :

2.1 Registration of Cherry Account.
Each User is only entitled to One Cherry Account. You must use your personal identification information, NRIC, National Security Number or any other form of information which is deem verifiable using photo documentations and recognized legally by the country of issue.

Here : http://dneu.cherrycr...-and-conditions

#18 Lightt

Lightt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:57 AM

Thats the cherry account we identify with on the forum or website , different from the game account we log in to play in the client i think we can link many game account to a single cherry credit account but our question goes farther than "can we own multiples account" this one is cristal clear they'll see the same person connecting each time but it also includes "can we log into an active friends game account" so thats complicated because 2 or more different player will be connecting to this account making it look live it belongs to all of em whereas each is from different country for example

We'd like to know where to draw the line not to be anxious each time we connect to an account to water apple juice or to run some nest/raids for a friend , so still waiting for Mantou

#19 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:43 PM

I don't want to know if I'm allowed to multi-account I want to know what's the penality, so I can evaluate if it's worth my time reporting. But it's interesting to see how you ask to get a permit to account share. (cool)

#20 civafu

civafu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Civafu / SomeonYouTrust
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Extravagance / Self-title: Town Bug Discoverer

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:19 AM

View PostWeapon7, on 27 March 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

pm function not working on the forum

Actually this doesn't work by pm'ing, but just by posting your question there (:D)