What Exactly Is The Penalty For Multi-Accounting?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:13 AM

View Postcivafu, on 30 March 2016 - 02:19 AM, said:

Actually this doesn't work by pm'ing, but just by posting your question there %20br=

I must admit I don't get it.

Wehre is Mantou or one if the säxy wuuman?

Edited by Weapon7, 30 March 2016 - 06:13 AM.

#22 civafu

civafu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Civafu / SomeonYouTrust
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Extravagance / Self-title: Town Bug Discoverer

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:26 PM

View Postcivafu, on 27 March 2016 - 03:04 AM, said:

Maybe if you ask mantou you'll get a reply about this (:])

Go to last page of the link there, post your question and wait for a reply (sometimes it might take few days but usually the reply comes the day you posted)

#23 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:41 PM

View Postcivafu, on 30 March 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

Go to last page of the link there, post your question and wait for a reply (sometimes it might take few days but usually the reply comes the day you posted)

ty.

#24 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:33 PM

May I get a non-BR answer one day from a CChitty staff member maybe?

#25 Neroo

Neroo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • BRegendary

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:45 AM

View PostWeapon7, on 14 April 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

May I get a non-BR answer one day from a CChitty staff member maybe?

No.

/Chars

#26 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:59 AM

#27 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:34 AM

wew ohh happy day we got dem super mods+dnms can we get answer now?

#28 Dessert

Dessert

Dragon Nest Master

• 179 posts
  • ButterBraid
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:15 AM

Multi accounting is forbidden, if someone is suspected, we will have a closer look at the account and most likely also find out that they're using multiple accounts, those will be banned afterwards.

#29 Surprised

Surprised

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts
  • Condom
  • Godly

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:48 AM

View PostDessert, on 01 June 2016 - 04:15 AM, said:

Multi accounting is forbidden, if someone is suspected, we will have a closer look at the account and most likely also find out that they're using multiple accounts, those will be banned afterwards.

To play the devils advocate;

Why was this not written on the DN home page with the ruling of what is allowed and what's not allowed?

What would happen if there are multiple people playing on the same IP adress as such as a gaming cafe

What is going to happen to the people who came from Dragon nest EU E-fusion times when it was still allowed to make multiple aco****s since they only had 4 character slots back in the time?

What's going to happen to the people who had a Cherry credit account way before Cherry hosted Dragon Nest and didn't want to link their account or couldn't link their account and had to make a new account?

What's going to happen to the people who made a Cherry credit account for every single cherry credits game they host because there was and is no rule that it's not allowed?

Since 1 cherry credit account = 1 account for Dragon nest EU; it would basically mean you're saying fish you to every player that owns multiple cherry credit accounts.

Also; there's many people in SEA who use multiple identities and made specifically a new cherry credit account for EU; are they going to get banned too?

I'd be very pleased if you could expand on these questions. If you don't answer, well then I guess we'll see 75% of the population suddenly dissapear.

#30 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:21 AM

View PostDessert, on 01 June 2016 - 04:15 AM, said:

If so why did Ancienne even propose to create multiple accounts while the transition phase?

Ancienne said:

you may want to create a new Cherry account using a different email address

Why does CC offer support to multiple accounts? Why did it take 2 months to state this, while so far we only have missleading informations and statements? And when will we get an official statement regarding this issue? What is with all the old accounts when multi-accounting was allowed?

Ancienne said:

Cherry Credits will take over the DNM team and the QA team will also continue to help out until at least the end of June.

View PostMantou, on 25 May 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

And, previous DNMs are in the mist of getting their mod status reinstate. Yes you can trust their words.

View PostAtolli, on 01 June 2016 - 01:09 AM, said:

It's kinda a grey zone.

Don't get me wrong refering to all this posts your statement is as right, wrong or trustworthy as one of our previous DNMs. As everyone basicly says something different this is equal zero.

#31 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:22 AM

Sorry, have to double post cause I exceed the amounts of allowed quotes.

Just adding an example:

View PostLumite, on 31 March 2016 - 10:49 PM, said:

CC didn't mention anything wrong about me having multiple accounts in the ticket conversation, they even asked for the names of the accounts so they could try and get them all to work again.

So when we get an official statement? What's going to happen with all the multi-accounts after CC left this so called grey zone open for 2.5 months? You can hardly punish people if your statements cancel each other out, for maneuvering through this especially as it was asked for an official statement and guidance since basicly CC is in charge.

#32 Savant

Savant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

What's the point of banning multi-accounting now when people already cashed in millions with multiples during the reimbursement phase. What could they possibly do now? Crash economy with some additional apples?

View PostSurprised, on 01 June 2016 - 04:48 AM, said:

What is going to happen to the people who came from Dragon nest EU E-fusion times when it was still allowed to make multiple aco****s since they only had 4 character slots back in the time?

I would also like to know this.

#33 Dessert

Dessert

Dragon Nest Master

• 179 posts
  • ButterBraid
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:32 PM

To play the devils advocate;

Why was this not written on the DN home page with the ruling of what is allowed and what's not allowed?

It's not written on the home page because CC does not actively search for people multi accounting, I'd like to quote Mantou for you, for more clarification:

View PostMantou said:

Why there's policy on no multi-accounts allow?

Why would one user needs multi-account? There are many reasons which some are pretty valid while some are just up to no good. In order to protect the interest of CC and its players, this policy is there to police malicious individual or groups to create multiple account for the purpose of abusing.

CC's stance on this policy is pretty passive. We won't actively search for multi accounts and ban them for the sake that this policy is there. Unless for a purpose (like known hacking activities, syndicate-based gold selling activities reported), we basically don't really touch multi accounts users.

Why CC can multi account? Because as a company,we need to have our operations. Operations that requires accounts for GM-ing, for QA-ing, for moderating etc., different accounts for different purpose might be needed at times for accountability and auditing purpose. And mind it, the policy is an user policy, for end users.

And yes if you sign up as a company you can have multi account. We do have merchants having 3-4 accounts for testing purposes.

What would happen if there are multiple people playing on the same IP adress as such as a gaming cafe

That's okay, CC is able to distinguish between cyber cafe and home users.

Back then you were able to create only 4 characters, so E-fusion allowed multi accounting, but this is no longer the case now, the maximal amount of characters you can create at the moment is 24, which is enough in most cases. Also rules from previous publisher do not apply to to the current one, so they can change all the time.

What's going to happen to the people who had a Cherry credit account way before Cherry hosted Dragon Nest and didn't want to link their account or couldn't link their account and had to make a new account?

If you have issues linking account, please send an email to http://gardener@cherrycredits.com and the CSO will assist you.

Currently the CC team and the developers are working together to support a one time account merge (still in testing phase) to assist those players who are facing the issue of creating new account due to failure to bind old account to Cherry Credits account.

#34 Dessert

Dessert

Dragon Nest Master

• 179 posts
  • ButterBraid
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:34 PM

What's going to happen to the people who made a Cherry credit account for every single cherry credits game they host because there was and is no rule that it's not allowed?

With a Cherry Credits account you have access to every game from Cherry Credits, so you don't need to create multiple accounts for every game. If we find one user suspiciously of being abusive with multi accounting, the respective account will be banned.

Also; there's many people in SEA who use multiple identities and made specifically a new cherry credit account for EU; are they going to get banned too?

They knew that they could use their existing account to play on EU as well, since it was stated on the home page that users can play on both EU and SEA servers, so they'd only risk a ban that way. If we find any reason that we can suspend that account for investigation and they have no way to verify their ownership of that account they wont be able to get the account back.

View PostWeapon7, on 01 June 2016 - 06:21 AM, said:

If so why did Ancienne even propose to create multiple accounts while the transition phase?

Unfortunately I'm not aware of this info and how Ancienne came up with this, but this is no longer the case and no longer suggested from us.

View PostWeapon7, on 01 June 2016 - 06:21 AM, said:

Why does CC offer support to multiple accounts?

CC does definitely not support multi accounting.

I hope I could answer some questions now and clear up some things. In general about multi account I refer you to read the post from Mantou, this explains it as a whole what happens and how we do handle it.

#35 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:39 AM

View PostDessert, on 02 June 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

Unfortunately I'm not aware of this info and how Ancienne came up with this, but this is no longer the case and no longer suggested from us.

View PostWeapon7, on 02 June 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

So what's going to happen with these accounts (refering to the red underlined part)?

Posted Image

Even though it's not suggested anymore by you guys NOW this still means people might have rellied on this information for the last 2.5 months as this has been the official FAQ regarding the transfer by Shanda/Actoz. And I have asked several times in the last months about this issue and never got a reply, So it was never denied/declared as false nor corrected and updated. You can't hold players responsible for following the guided path by the publishers and punish them for doing so, or? Wouldn't that by biased? And how should we know now and in the future, which statements are true or false and for how long and when you are going to try to break our necks?

So do you imply that Lumite was lying?

In general about multi account I refer you to read the post from Mantou, this explains it as a whole what happens and how we do handle it.

View PostVanillaPudding, on 02 June 2016 - 08:58 PM, said:

"CC's stance on this policy is pretty passive. We won't actively search for multi accounts and ban them for the sake that this policy is there. Unless for a purpose (like known hacking activities, syndicate-based gold selling activities reported), we basically don't really touch multi accounts users."

You're welcome.
So basicly you do nothing, right? Sorry this is really confusing no matter how hard I try, but you guys kinda cancel out eachothers statement while I try to reply in another post and some of the questions aren't really answer'd fully. Like for example yes old E-Fusion accounts had only 4 character slots, that's why you could have several accounts. But Shanda/Actoz tolerated this accounts cause they were legitimately made. So this are in general still legitimate accounts, the problem occurs more due to the policy of ownership of CC. So how are players going to use their accounts if CC now wants to force them into abandoning them? Accounts they spend time and cash on.

I'm not going to report any multi-accounters as I consider CC's rule about multi-accounts as out of service, cause refering to the contradictory statements and the only way to deal fair with this issue for the players, and this seems to be the most appropiate way. If you want to ban them you can search for them yourself, as there are enough people using even multiple accounts on forum, so it shouldn't be that hard for you guys to enforce your "in-this-situation-you-navigatetd-us-in" unfair rules.

Btw just as a little anecdote and question, CC also seems to support selling items for cash or how do you explain that CC approves threads with this purpose? Sorry this is another issue, but as I started this thread I wouldn't mind if you would derail it with your answer, in case it's refering to this little question.

#36 YamiZero

YamiZero

• 1370 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:21 AM

I think it was quite clear and not contradictory at all. The game Terms and Conditions state:

2.1 Registration of Cherry Account.
Each User is only entitled to One Cherry Account. You must use your personal identification information, NRIC, National Security Number or any other form of information which is deem verifiable using photo documentations and recognized legally by the country of issue.

Despite this being stated, like Mantou explained:

View PostMantou, on 02 June 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

CC's stance on this policy is pretty passive. We won't actively search for multi accounts and ban them for the sake that this policy is there. Unless for a purpose (like known hacking activities, syndicate-based gold selling activities reported), we basically don't really touch multi accounts users.

This does not mean that CherryCredits supports the creation of multiple accounts, in accordance to the Terms and Conditions (see above) they stated. Just like Dessert stated:

Which also means that any multi-accounting is eligible for a ban, whenever CherryCredits well so pleases.

But what this really comes down to is that apparently the Terms and Conditions, Abuse Policy, (and Forum Rules and Guidelines) are not clearly written or communicated for players to understand and causes confusion. I won't disagree on that.

What was said previously by other publishers obviously no longer has effect unless stated so by CherryCredits. Players are right inquire about it, and an official or clear statement should be released to them, not punishing them for the time of confusion which was caused by CherryCredits negligence on the matter.

View PostWeapon7, on 03 June 2016 - 12:39 AM, said:

Btw just as a little anecdote and question, CC also seems to support selling items for cash or how do you explain that CC approves threads with this purpose? Sorry this is another issue, but as I started this thread I wouldn't mind if you would derail it with your answer, in case it's refering to this little question.

You cannot sell game items for "cash" (e.g. money or currencies outside of the game). To be specifically clear, you may trade cash-shop items for in game currency or materials, and you do so on your own risk, as CherryCredits does not recommend making trades which are scam-sensitive (e.g. not using the Trade House), and does not, or provides limited support on these "risky" trades.

I've previously personally spoken about this with CherryCredits representatives and in addition made suggestions for doing something about the situation of these scam-sensitive trades.

#37 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:09 AM

View PostYamiZero, on 03 June 2016 - 01:21 AM, said:

I think it was quite clear and not contradictory at all. The game Terms and Conditions state:

Despite this being stated, like Mantou explained:

This does not mean that CherryCredits supports the creation of multiple accounts, in accordance to the Terms and Conditions (see above) they stated. Just like Dessert stated:

Which also means that any multi-accounting is eligible for a ban, whenever CherryCredits well so pleases.

But what this really comes down to is that apparently the Terms and Conditions, Abuse Policy, (and Forum Rules and Guidelines) are not clearly written or communicated for players to understand and causes confusion. I won't disagree on that.

What was said previously by other publishers obviously no longer has effect unless stated so by CherryCredits. Players are right inquire about it, and an official or clear statement should be released to them, not punishing them for the time of confusion which was caused by CherryCredits negligence on the matter.

You cannot sell game items for "cash" (e.g. money or currencies outside of the game). To be specifically clear, you may trade cash-shop items for in game currency or materials, and you do so on your own risk, as CherryCredits does not recommend making trades which are scam-sensitive (e.g. not using the Trade House), and does not, or provides limited support on these "risky" trades.

I've previously personally spoken about this with CherryCredits representatives and in addition made suggestions for doing something about the situation of these scam-sensitive trades.

I'm aware of the ToS nevertheless the transfer/binding was communicated as a working together from Shanda/Actoz and CC (as it was a hand over from one publisher to another) and the guidance for this came by Shanda/Actoz and till you haven't binded your account you still have a contract with Shanda/Actoz. CC is still working together with them and even giving them free hand to handle reimbursement so denying and neglecting any involvement including to this date is just false. Also Ancienne gave a work around so you don't have to enter personal information and as it was never stated as false informations from CC's side our durrent publisher now, we have to assume these are correct informations.

If CC doesn't support multi-accounting why are they even helping people to get multiple accounts transfer'd, getting their missing characters back on multiple accounts and so on? I can very well read the ToS but maybe the informations are as false and outdated as the Shanda/actoz ones? They even used an outdated company address for nearly 1.5 years which would have had to be to up to date and right by law. So if Shanda/Actoz were even breaking law with their informations, who tells us what is right or wrong? CC didn't for sure for the last 2.5 months and atleast I can say for myself I brough up the issue and asked several times.

In general CC is basicly in the position to cease any contract at any time without a reason, so that doesn't give the statement of "Which also means that any multi-accounting is eligible for a ban, whenever CherryCredits well so pleases." a higher weight. And as we talk about possible reasons for a determination of service and account, this is kinda like an empty statement in terms of content and not really contributing to a clarification.

And I would rather say what was stated by a former publisher has effect till it gets revoked, changed or updated, especially in this case as it effects the transfer so an operation involving both publishers.

And to the last point. I know that CC states you aren't allowed to sell items for cash but then once again my question: If selling items for cash isn't allowed, why do CC's staff members approve threads with the intent and purpose of doing so? Doesn't that legitimate it? I don't talk about not seeing these kind of threads. I talk about the active approval!

Thanks for your answers. Any further informations to clarify are welcome.