RoiVarianWrynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • RoiVarianWrynn
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • OurGloryNeverFades-RedDragon/i_Scream

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:54 PM

Hello everyone, I'm a Gladiator whose name is RoiVarianWrynn, from France.
At the moment I'd like to share the experience on gears and controls of my Gladiator.
As you can see, this is my profil now: Atk 153014, crit 89%(Full), FD 5571(74%).
(I got 4 wind jades to improve my crit, instead of life jades. That's why I just have 1.75M HP. In the following patch, I think I would improve my techniques to lvl90, which offer more crit. And more lvl90 unique plate with crit--All my unique plates are lvl80 with crit now. By this way I could improve my crit to 80%+. At the moment if I have 5 life jades on my gear I would have 2.5M HP but only 65% crit. As for the gear guide, I think I would finish it in one week).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I don't know when the new patch of buff of the Gladiator(the new buff systeme: 20 times buff max, each time offers 4% STR, buff duration as 60s, CD0.3s. Evasion Slash resets the CD of Triple Slash and Deep straight and so on) would arrive in our server, but now, I'd like to note a topic for the Gladiator.
I'like to introuduce the way to DPS and the systeme of "Double Evasion" in this article.
After the new changing of lvl90 patch, we Gladiators were buffed a little at those skills such as Triple Slash, Deep straight, and Evaion Slash, so that all the skills of Gladiators were balanced: unlike the style of looking highly of the Hacking Stance as the most important dps skill. And aslo, we got much more SPs so we can improve the integrity of our skill tree. The picture following is my PvE skill tree(It's a little avanced. I fulled my Dash Kick because that next revamp allows each level upped decrease 1 second of CD).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I.How to DPS?
1.Skill using order and priority in normal situation-
-A good 15s combo of Gladiator for now is:
Cyclone Slash-Piercing Thrust(Just 1st hit)-Brave(Cancel the next hit of Piercing Thrust)-Triple Slash(Right Key of mouse and tumble cancel the back shack of the 3rd hit)-Dash Slash(If you tumble to front)/Dash Combo(If you tumble to other sides)-Line Drive EX(Aim at the most thick part of boss so that we could hit full 8 hits)-Tumble(Cancel the back shack of Line Drive EX)-Dash Kick+Line Drive Ins-Evasion slash(cancel the back shack of Line Drive Ins)-Deep Straght(left key for 2nd part)-Finish Attack(End)
-After this combo is used, considering the CD of skills, the skills using has no longer generalized order. And instead they have their own priorities:
Finish Attack> Triple Slash> Deep Straight> Line Drive> Circle Break(If you have learn this skill and improved to lv6)> Infinity Edge> Cyclone Slash> Hacking Stance> Moonlight Spitter> Dash Slash> Dash Combo> Heavy Slash> Impact Punch> Side kick
2.USAGEs and NOTEs for skills-
-Triple Slash EX: It has a good damage and movement with left key if u want(movement is very important for Gladiators when they are close to boss, this kind of movement could help you evade the boss' skill when you are using a skill, instead of canceling a skill with tumble and moving with ur legs).
-Deep straight EX: As for the moving its better then Triple Slash. It's much more faster and much more further. It has good damage too though not as much as Triple Slash. Deep Straight has 2 part: 1st is 3hit moving part, 2nd is EX part. The 1st part has 3 hit and every hit has 20% damage of skill. The 2nd part has 60% damage. Right key could be used if you need to evade a boss' knock ground skill. Left key type is much more easier to hit. Remember don't always use this skill fast. Sometimes you could use the invicible time in the first part(Backing part).
-Hacking Stance EX: It WAS a good dps skill of Gladiator before, but now, it just could fill those moment when we don't have good skill to use. It's looks so cool when it's actived though, it's a old skill of past time. Use right key when the skill is nearly end. Right key offers 3 times damage of each left key. Make sure using after boss knocked ground, for that you can't jump when you are using this skill.
-Line Drive EX: With the instant added, the skill is possible to use 2 times in 27s, which improve the damage to double time. Though Dash Kick is not so good to use, it has quite long time to cast(ps: the plate of damage increasing of the Line Drive would not be actived on Line Drive instant). The part of charing is invicible. That's why we could charge out the Poison Wall at the SDN R2P3.
-Infinity Edge: It's a good skill to use when you are in danger. "Invicible while casting". High damage cause but also long time to cast. Using it could save your buff!
-Evasion Slash: The most important part of "Double Evasion". Save Evasion Slash Evade to cancel the back shake of the skills such as Drive Line and Finish Attack, or parrying. Make sure that the skill is in your skill slot. Never just use space key to active Evasion Slash.
-Finish Attack EX: The best skill for Gladiators, and aslo it could the most damage for one time usually, it works better after the HP of Boss is below 60%, I caused a 500,000,000 damage FA before the lvl90 ptach. Now it could usually cuase 150,000,000 damage.
Posted Image
-Parring: It could be a good skill if you can use it well, high damage, and invicible for 2s if you were successfully block the atk from enemy. Recommend that use Evaison Slash to cancel the back shack if there is no danger. 2s is really long waste of dps.
-Eclipse: Nothing necessary, just for save the buff while u dont have a good skill to use.
-Brave: A buff during 15s which improves 30% atk, usually be used after Piercing Thrust.
-Piercing Thrust: Though it was nuffed a lot, it's still a important skill in the dps systeme of Gladiator. Well, now we just need lv1. One thing important is that Piercing Thrust has 3 hit, but the 1st could give the debuff once it hit. Considering this skill has too low damage, we just need this hit. So just cancel it with Brave or Triple Slash or even a Impact Punch.
-Moonlight Splitter: Nothing necessary, it's needed if we learn Cyclone Slash. Besides, you can use it to save your buff when you were knocked away from boss and then dash.
-Cyclone Slash: This skill is good at collecting buff in short time. Cyclone Slash+ Hacking Stance could collect 18 times buff(per 0.33s 1 time) after the buff patch. And It has good damage, isn't it(2153% at lv16)?
II. How to survive?
-I. "Double Evasion" Systeme:
1. Please get enough knowlege of your enemy:
Gladiator is a kind of character who needs stay close to the boss and he doesnt have any skill to decrease the damage from boss. So that it's necessary to take care of what the boss is doing. But normally, you couldn't Observe the boss while you are using skill to dps. So at least you should know what kind of skill would boss uses, and how long would it reset(its cooldown time), which action shows that the boss is going to use this skill. But if you really could find them, there's always some ways to evade, we are going to learn it nexrt.
2.What is "Double Evasion"?
When you see the boss is casting a skill and run/walk out the place which would be hit, it's moving evade.
Some characters have invicible skills, it could be used in the second when the damage cause, it's invicible time evade.
These are the only 2 way to evade in Dragon Nest.
Gladiator has Dash as a Warrior, which offers high moving speed. He has many skills which has movement while casting as well. So that it's easily to evade damage with movement. Tumble and Evasion Slash are short cool down time skill with invicible time. That's why we say that Gladiator is a good character to use "Double Evasion" Systeme.
3. When you are going to evade, make sure which way you want to use: Moving Evade, or Invicible Time Evade?
The most dangerous thing is that you couldn't make a choice: could make sure use moving evade or invicible time evade to evade the damage from boss.  
The reason we make this point clear, is that these 2 ways of evasions are conflicting. Invicible time evade needs tumble as the first choice(the second is Evasion Slash), while you need tumble to start your dash to move out of the place where could be hit. The most bad thing is that you wanted to evade by moving, but you were late to reach the safe ground. And then you wanna use tumble to evade with invicible time, which was used already.
Tumble has 0.3s invicible without the head jade which improves the time to nearly 0.4s. And others skill with invicible time is aslo very short, you could go to check them if you want. But everyone is instant, so you have to evade when the damage from boss cause. They would not help if you active them too early.
So how to decide which to use? Moving Evade, or Invicible Time Evade? The answer is, if you can use invicible time evade, use it. If you already used or you don't know if you can evade with skill then you start to consider to use moving evade. Always use invicible skill at once. Because if you start to move you are wasting your dps time. However using invicible skill could avoid this situation.
Of course it could be a little hard when we start to paly Gladiator as a green hand. But it's necessary to practice if you want to play this character well in PvE.
4.Make good use of your CD.
This part is about technique. This part discusses the invicible time evade.
Gladiator has 6 skills with invicible time. Aerial Combo, Deep Straight, Line Drive, Hacking Stance, Parring. Tumble and Aerial Evasion are not counted.
Line Drive has special invicible type. It's invicible while you are charging. And Deep Straight would be considered when we just want to use this skill to dps, we could use the invicible part. In a word, we could just always use 2 skill for invicible evade: Tumble and Evasion Slash. But they are enough. These skills could stop nearly each Gladiator's skill and act to invicible.
First, remember, tumble CD 2.6s, Evasion Slash CD 6.5s(lv8). All technique is concerned with these 2 skill. The reason is, Evasion Slash is not only a invicible skill, but also a dps skill. So if you should evade, use Evasion Slash first. And the next time for tumble. And obey this order to use interchangeably these 2 skill. Never use tumble+ Evasion unless you need a evasion for whole 1 second.
With these 2 skill, we could be invicible every 5 seconds. And dont forget, Deep straight has invicible part itself; Hacking stance is aslo invicible when you moving front with W key. If you got all skill used, you still could use parring.
Conclution:
1)Tumble and Evasion Slash is the most important part in the systeme, dont use them easily.
2)Use them inchargeably. Make sure you have one of them usable as possible.
3)If these two skills are in CD at the same time, be careful and save your Deep Straight and Hacking stance.
4)When you used all these skills, move to evade, or parry.
But in general, we dont need evade every damage by invicible time evade. We could aslo use moving evade. When these 2 part are actived at same time, the systeme is complete.
5).Moving evade
Moving evade is a kind of realization.
First of all, please dps at the side of boss. Every boss' front are dangerous(Most skills of boss aim front). But aslo, the back of boss is not safe either. Their tail attack has high damage too. By staying at the side of boss could decrease the times of boss attacks you. And it helps your CD recovery.
When you are in a team and the boss doesn't aim at you, you could use your dash, Deep Straight or Line Drive to stay at the side of boss, but what if you were aimed or you were alone?
In this situation, you should stay at the front side of the boss. So if the boss start to cast the skill we could move as short and fast as we can.
But how to adjust the place? Easily, most skills of Gladiaors has its movement. For example, Triple Slash could move with left key of mouse. So do Deep Straight and Hacking Stance. Even the lv6 Circle Break could help to move. Finish Attack gives a little as well.
Many Boss' Knocking Ground skill Disregard the invicible skill, you must jump then. But the Finish Attack offers a second that stays in the air too.
PS: all skills that has invicible or movement of Gladiator
Triple Slash- short movement
Deep Staright- long movement
Hacking Stance- invicible time + long movement
Line Drive- Invicible time + long movement
Evasion Slash- invicible time
Eclipse- short movement
Finish Attack- big rage of damage and small movement

So these are all I wrote. I hope all Gladiators could learn something from my article. And when next patch arrives, I would write another one to introuduce. Beacause next buff would be a revolution for Gladiator.

Edited by RoiVarianWrynn, 04 April 2016 - 04:20 PM.

#2 Dargunz

Dargunz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Connect

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:53 PM

Why not use a technique for Parry and save 10 SP?

#3 Joanoslayer

Joanoslayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joanokami, Hellboy24
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dream farer

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:58 PM

PVE-wise its not needed as you dont have anywhere to put those SPs, so its better to tech a major dps skill.

#4 RoiVarianWrynn

RoiVarianWrynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • RoiVarianWrynn
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:00 PM

View PostDargunz, on 26 March 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

Well I thought about it before, but I don't know how to use the left of SPs. I think it's enough(hum... I mean, for myself, I didnt learn the skill after Cyclone Slash). At last I decieded to improve the damage of Deep Straight more so I finially made a technique ring for it. Beacuse the main DPS skills of Gladiators are not those skills at right(main skills of Moon Lords). And even those 10SP couldn't increase the damage of Deep Straight.

Edited by RoiVarianWrynn, 26 March 2016 - 10:12 PM.

#5 RoiVarianWrynn

RoiVarianWrynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • RoiVarianWrynn
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostJoanoslayer, on 26 March 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

PVE-wise its not needed as you dont have anywhere to put those SPs, so its better to tech a major dps skill.
Yes quite right.

#6 Sami

Sami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • DoffyCzar
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Freedom

Posted 27 March 2016 - 01:42 AM

fast look (srry couldn't read all this)

View PostRoiVarianWrynn, on 26 March 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

Well I thought about it before, but I don't know how to use the left of SPs. I think it's enough(hum... I mean, for myself, I didnt learn the skill after Cyclone Slash). At last I decieded to improve the damage of Deep Straight more so I finially made a technique ring for it. Beacuse the main DPS skills of Gladiators are not those skills at right(main skills of Moon Lords). And even those 10SP couldn't increase the damage of Deep Straight.

http://prntscr.com/akc51r
Great wave one of the best high damage burst skill also hms is good damage too (20M hit)

for the survival part from ur skill build why u don't use circle break invincible while casting and usefull in many other things

#7 RoiVarianWrynn

RoiVarianWrynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • RoiVarianWrynn
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:04 AM

View PostSami, on 27 March 2016 - 01:42 AM, said:

fast look (srry couldn't read all this)

http://prntscr.com/akc51r
Great wave one of the best high damage burst skill also hms is good damage too (20M hit)

for the survival part from ur skill build why u don't use circle break invincible while casting and usefull in many other things
Well, this is a choice too,
You could learn this skill, no doubt.
But in fact, Gladiators usually don't use Great Wave as a DPS skill, but a skill which could counter immoblie mode of boss, such as the situation of stopping the breath of Red Dragon(ofc usually it doesn't need we waste a ult skill here, we always got mates, or double Line Drive+ Finish Attack can do it well if we solo), and ABN 1R.
As for the damage, it's true that Great Wave hurt boss well, but not as usful as Infinity Edge. The style of Gladiator's dps is staying close to the boss, and a invicible skill could save his life and his buff.
And... I like Great Wave as well, but I like Infinity Edge more I think >_< Just my opinion~
My build is little ahead. It's not prepared for this version. Next version Dash kick would decrease 1s CD when we lvl up it 1 time. So at last we could get a Dash Kick with 7s CD, which is more easier to touch off the Line Drive Ins.
For now, I recommond that learn lv6 Circle Break, yes, on this point I totally agree with you. For me, I don't use this skill so much. Just because its low dps(273% lv6). But truely, it's usful.
And when we get the patch which Evasion Slash could reset Triple Slash and Deep Straight, we may no longer need this skill: we won't have no powerful skills to use then.
So you could look this skill tree as a now version recommond for the future.
If you have any recommond, please write them down, I'd like to discuss them ^_^
Thanks.

Edited by RoiVarianWrynn, 27 March 2016 - 06:14 AM.

#8 Evrard

Evrard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1790 posts
  • .Zali.
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ArgEffect

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:48 AM

this is impresive o.o my long term plan is to get my glad as geared as yours :3 but it still in the making xD

Edited by Evrard, 27 March 2016 - 07:58 AM.

#9 Reimii

Reimii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Reimii
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ArCiel

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:52 AM

View PostDargunz, on 26 March 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

Since when you can +1 an unskiled skill? o.o Is it new in T5/R3?

#10 Evrard

Evrard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1790 posts
  • .Zali.
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ArgEffect

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:54 AM

View PostReimii, on 27 March 2016 - 07:52 AM, said:

Since when you can +1 an unskiled skill? o.o Is it new in T5/R3?

parry lvl 1 asks for 10 SP
to lvl from lvl1 to lvl 2 it asks for 10 MORE sp.

you need 20sp to get parry lvl 2, that's why you save 10 sp

#11 RoiVarianWrynn

RoiVarianWrynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • RoiVarianWrynn
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:53 AM

View PostEvrard, on 27 March 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

this is impresive o.o my long term plan is to get my glad as geared as yours :3 but it still in the making xD
>_< Fighting mate. And good luck for you!
Though, updating failed was annoying xD. I wasted lots of gold during the activity of enchanging. That was my bad luck xD. Over 300k gold were wasted.
So I hope you can be a lucky man when you are going to update your RDN L Gears ^_^

#12 Schiz

Schiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:06 PM

I think great wave is more a necessity than an option right now. It does way more damage than any other glad skill, pretty much your only burst skill when the boss is above 40% or so when your FA starts mattering. you can save infinity edge for dangerous bosses I guess (stage 1 tornado/ stage 3 purple color / anytime in DK if needed) but for damage purposes, great wave is strong AF and has the benefit of range which pretty much means you can still use it as a way of doing safe DPS. Glad is pretty much the only class I play where in RDN I still get caught in DK surprise attack sometimes because of the close range and "must keep my stacks" playstyle so having a strong ranged skill gives variety to the class as well as damage.

Same could be argued about halfmoon slash, but I've tried max HMS and while it's good for farming dailies it's pretty much useless in raid. Less damage than your basic dps skill, requires a lot of SP, has long cd and long cast time without the EX. can damage 2 mines at the same time (more if the party screws up real bad and they get close to the mid) during stage 4 bar mech,  and it can push all three seeds at once at stage 3 bar mech but it's totally unnecessary when you have 7 other team mates to take care of them '.'

So I wouldn't recommend HMS on glad if you focus on raiding

that said good guide and gear

Edited by Schiz, 27 March 2016 - 02:09 PM.

#13 Coffeebelee

Coffeebelee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • DESU

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:06 PM

There are a few things I would like to comment on/add to your guide:

-Line Drive EX: With the instant added, the skill is possible to use 2 times in 27s, which improve the damage to double time. Though Dash Kick is not so good to use, it has quite long time to cast(ps: the plate of damage increasing of the Line Drive would not be actived on Line Drive instant). The part of charing is invicible. That's why we could charge out the Poison Wall at the SDN R2P3

The moment gladiator charges his Line Drive, when he is surrouned by a ''shield'' (A dome created by wind), he is not invincible. He only becomes invincible during the ''dash'' part of the skill.

Class Mastery II states that Dash Combo is needed to trigger Line Drive Instant. Which is false, since it can also be triggerd casting only Dash Slash.

-Parring: It could be a good skill if you can use it well, high damage, and invicible for 2s if you were successfully block the atk from enemy. Recommend that use Evaison Slash to cancel the back shack if there is no danger. 2s is really long waste of dps.

Parrying is a really great additional skill for warriors. Although, people tend to use it in a fashion where they just stand still and wait for the right moment to cast Parrying, to be able to counter the opponents attack. However, Parrying is a skill that works much like Evasion Slash. Parrying also has the ability to cancel your other skills, and when it does, it goes instantly into parry stance and counters the attack. Parrying is pretty much your 2nd Evasion Slash.

(The same as with Evasion Slash, the only skill that cannot be canceled with Parrying once cast, is Hacking Stance. Sersiously, Y you do dis Hacking Stance )

II. How to survive?

I. "Double Evasion" Systeme:
Gladiator is a kind of character who needs stay close to the boss and he doesnt have any skill to decrease the damage from boss. So that it's necessary to take care of what the boss is doing. But normally, you couldn't Observe the boss while you are using skill to dps. So at least you should know what kind of skill would boss uses, and how long would it reset(its cooldown time), which action shows that the boss is going to use this skill. But if you really could find them, there's always some ways to evade, we are going to learn it nexrt.

I recommend for beginning Gladiators to work on their iframe skills first. A good way to practice this is to go in an easy nest, and walk up to the boss his face, and do absolutely nothing. That's right, nothing. Wait until the boss attacks, and then cast your skills with iframes to work on your timing. This also helps figuring out which parts of the skills grants you iframes, if you aren't familiar with them yet. Once you get that down, then you can start casting your other skills between your evasions.

Why I recommend people to do it in this order? Some might get carried away and only think of spamming as much skills in the shortest amount of time. However, when the time comes to evade an attack, you'll notice them pausing for a second to think about which skill to use and which of them has iframes. Obviously, this takes too much time and they will take the hit.

If you work on the iframe skills first, you will come to a point where you won't even have to think about it anymore, and just cast them instinctively. You will start to notice your own rotations becomes more fluid due to this, and thus keeping your dps output at its maximum. This also keeps you from spamming tumble all the time, which also result into more dps.

Since Gladiators lean towards fast close-ranged combat, shortening your reaction time is crucial.

(Tip for practicing Evasion Slash: You can hold down ''left mouse click + spacebar'', to cast Evasion Slash out of nowhere, if you don't use a skill slot for this skill.)

When you see the boss is casting a skill and run/walk out the place which would be hit, it's moving evade.
Some characters have invicible skills, it could be used in the second when the damage cause, it's invicible time evade.
Gladiator has Dash as a Warrior, which offers high moving speed. He has many skills which has movement while casting as well. So that it's easily to evade damage with movement. Tumble and Evasion Slash are short cool down time skill with invicible time. That's why we say that Gladiator is a good character to use "Double Evasion" Systeme.

5).Moving evade
First of all, please dps at the side of boss. Every boss' front are dangerous(Most skills of boss aim front). But aslo, the back of boss is not safe either. Their tail attack has high damage too. By staying at the side of boss could decrease the times of boss attacks you. And it helps your CD recovery.
When you are in a team and the boss doesn't aim at you, you could use your dash, Deep Straight or Line Drive to stay at the side of boss, but what if you were aimed or you were alone?
In this situation, you should stay at the front side of the boss. So if the boss start to cast the skill we could move as short and fast as we can.
But how to adjust the place? Easily, most skills of Gladiaors has its movement. For example, Triple Slash could move with left key of mouse. So do Deep Straight and Hacking Stance. Even the lv6 Circle Break could help to move. Finish Attack gives a little as well.
Many Boss' Knocking Ground skill Disregard the invicible skill, you must jump then. But the Finish Attack offers a second that stays in the air too.

I would like to add a third one, ''Aerial Evasion''. There a certain mechanics that ignores iframes and moveable evasion, such mechanics can be bosses that stomp/jump/charge towards the ground, which sometimes can only be evaded by jumping. Athough this can put in the category of movement evasion, air time can also be considered as a different factor, since most classes are not able to stay in the air that long, whilst keeping distance on the ground can be done at anytime.

During such mechanics, your timing has to be on point. In order achieve this, warriors have two skills in their arsonal that will help them with this.

1. Aerial Combo - If you can't seem to get the timing right to jump on the correct time, you can use this skill to prolong your air time, and thus evading the hit. Also has an iframe when the character lands.

2. Circle Break - The jump part of this skill is actually slower than your regular jump, especially if you have this skill atleast at +6. The slow execution of the jump prolongs your air time. Also has an iframe on casting, up to the peak of the jump.

(Technically, Finish Attack makes your character indeed jump too, but there were occasions where the boss his mechanic didn't registrate it as jumping, and thus hitting my character nonetheless.)

Although you've mentioned Circle Break, I would like to give it some extra attention, since this is a skill that has all three of these types of evasions. Circle Break grants you an iframe when casting the skill, gives you movement evasion if you have this skill at +6, and prolongs your air time when you need to jump to evade an attack. This skill remains very useful to this day, regardless of your skill level.

Gladiator has 6 skills with invicible time. Aerial Combo, Deep Straight, Line Drive, Hacking Stance, Parring. Tumble and Aerial Evasion are not counted.
Line Drive has special invicible type. It's invicible while you are charging. And Deep Straight would be considered when we just want to use this skill to dps, we could use the invicible part. In a word, we could just always use 2 skill for invicible evade: Tumble and Evasion Slash. But they are enough. These skills could stop nearly each Gladiator's skill and act to invicible.
First, remember, tumble CD 2.6s, Evasion Slash CD 6.5s(lv8). All technique is concerned with these 2 skill. The reason is, Evasion Slash is not only a invicible skill, but also a dps skill. So if you should evade, use Evasion Slash first. And the next time for tumble. And obey this order to use interchangeably these 2 skill. Never use tumble+ Evasion unless you need a evasion for whole 1 second.
With these 2 skill, we could be invicible every 5 seconds. And dont forget, Deep straight has invicible part itself; Hacking stance is aslo invicible when you moving front with W key. If you got all skill used, you still could use parring.

Only the ''dash'' part of Line Drive grants you an iframe. Not only the forward dash of Hacking Stance gives you an iframe, but so does the special attack (right click) of Hacking Stance.

Something I would like to add about Deep Straight: This skill can be executed in two different ways, the regular way where the skills makes your character step back, and the instant forward thrust that can be triggerd by ''left mouse click + Deep Straight''. Even though it is known that the step-back gives you an iframe, you still are able to get the iframe if you instant thrust. Do mind that the iframe of the instant thrust is shorter than the one of the step-back.

Eclipse- short movement

Deep Straight- long movemen + iframe

Evasion Slash- invicible time + small movement (If the boss charges and wants to run towards you, you can use your mouse to rotate your character 90 degrees, in combination with Evasion Slash to step back a little.)

Eclipse- short movement

Finish Attack- big rage of damage and small movement + Super Armor

Infinity Edge - iframe + large movement

Sweeping Kick - small movement

Aerial Combo - iframe + small movement

Circle Break - iframe + small movement

Dash Combo - small movement (can be used to position yourself more towards the right/left side of the boss)

Suprise Attack (lel, can't remember the name of our version atm) - iframe

Edited by Coffeebelee, 27 March 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#14 RoiVarianWrynn

RoiVarianWrynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • RoiVarianWrynn
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:21 PM

View PostSchiz, on 27 March 2016 - 02:06 PM, said:

I think great wave is more a necessity than an option right now. It does way more damage than any other glad skill, pretty much your only burst skill when the boss is above 40% or so when your FA starts mattering. you can save infinity edge for dangerous bosses I guess (stage 1 tornado/ stage 3 purple color / anytime in DK if needed) but for damage purposes, great wave is strong AF and has the benefit of range which pretty much means you can still use it as a way of doing safe DPS. Glad is pretty much the only class I play where in RDN I still get caught in DK surprise attack sometimes because of the close range and "must keep my stacks" playstyle so having a strong ranged skill gives variety to the class as well as damage.

Same could be argued about halfmoon slash, but I've tried max HMS and while it's good for farming dailies it's pretty much useless in raid. Less damage than your basic dps skill, requires a lot of SP, has long cd and long cast time without the EX. can damage 2 mines at the same time (more if the party screws up real bad and they get close to the mid) during stage 4 bar mech,  and it can push all three seeds at once at stage 3 bar mech but it's totally unnecessary when you have 7 other team mates to take care of them '.'

So I wouldn't recommend HMS on glad if you focus on raiding

that said good guide and gear
Yes, mate, I totally agree of what you have said.
Great Wave is a good skill with good damage and good range. But just like what you have said, I'd rather like to use Infinity Edge to keep myself stay close to the boss within its invicible time.
And this is just my style, or just the people like me.
Great Wave is ok to be learned, and it could be used in a good timing.

#15 Reimii

Reimii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Reimii
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ArCiel

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:36 PM

View PostEvrard, on 27 March 2016 - 07:54 AM, said:

parry lvl 1 asks for 10 SP
to lvl from lvl1 to lvl 2 it asks for 10 MORE sp.

you need 20sp to get parry lvl 2, that's why you save 10 sp

Ah ok, didn't know. Thank you for the enlightenment :D

#16 RoiVarianWrynn

RoiVarianWrynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • RoiVarianWrynn
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:10 PM

View PostCoffeebelee, on 27 March 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

There are a few things I would like to comment on/add to your guide:

-Line Drive EX: With the instant added, the skill is possible to use 2 times in 27s, which improve the damage to double time. Though Dash Kick is not so good to use, it has quite long time to cast(ps: the plate of damage increasing of the Line Drive would not be actived on Line Drive instant). The part of charing is invicible. That's why we could charge out the Poison Wall at the SDN R2P3

The moment gladiator charges his Line Drive, when he is surrouned by a ''shield'' (A dome created by wind), he is not invincible. He only becomes invincible during the ''dash'' part of the skill.

Class Mastery II states that Dash Combo is needed to trigger Line Drive Instant. Which is false, since it can also be triggerd casting only Dash Slash.

Parrying is a really great additional skill for warriors. Although, people tend to use it in a fashion where they just stand still and wait for the right moment to cast Parrying, to be able to counter the opponents attack. However, Parrying is a skill that works much like Evasion Slash. Parrying also has the ability to cancel your other skills, and when it does, it goes instantly into parry stance and counters the attack. Parrying is pretty much your 2nd Evasion Slash.

(The same as with Evasion Slash, the only skill that cannot be canceled with Parrying once cast, is Hacking Stance. Sersiously, Y you do dis Hacking Stance )

II. How to survive?

I. "Double Evasion" Systeme:

I recommend for beginning Gladiators to work on their iframe skills first. A good way to practice this is to go in an easy nest, and walk up to the boss his face, and do absolutely nothing. That's right, nothing. Wait until the boss attacks, and then cast your skills with iframes to work on your timing. This also helps figuring out which parts of the skills grants you iframes, if you aren't familiar with them yet. Once you get that down, then you can start casting your other skills between your evasions.

Why I recommend people to do it in this order? Some might get carried away and only think of spamming as much skills in the shortest amount of time. However, when the time comes to evade an attack, you'll notice them pausing for a second to think about which skill to use and which of them has iframes. Obviously, this takes too much time and they will take the hit.

If you work on the iframe skills first, you will come to a point where you won't even have to think about it anymore, and just cast them instinctively. You will start to notice your own rotations becomes more fluid due to this, and thus keeping your dps output at its maximum. This also keeps you from spamming tumble all the time, which also result into more dps.

Since Gladiators lean towards fast close-ranged combat, shortening your reaction time is crucial.

(Tip for practicing Evasion Slash: You can hold down ''left mouse click + spacebar'', to cast Evasion Slash out of nowhere, if you don't use a skill slot for this skill.)

5).Moving evade

I would like to add a third one, ''Aerial Evasion''. There a certain mechanics that ignores iframes and moveable evasion, such mechanics can be bosses that stomp/jump/charge towards the ground, which sometimes can only be evaded by jumping. Athough this can put in the category of movement evasion, air time can also be considered as a different factor, since most classes are not able to stay in the air that long, whilst keeping distance on the ground can be done at anytime.

During such mechanics, your timing has to be on point. In order achieve this, warriors have two skills in their arsonal that will help them with this.

1. Aerial Combo - If you can't seem to get the timing right to jump on the correct time, you can use this skill to prolong your air time, and thus evading the hit. Also has an iframe when the character lands.

2. Circle Break - The jump part of this skill is actually slower than your regular jump, especially if you have this skill atleast at +6. The slow execution of the jump prolongs your air time. Also has an iframe on casting, up to the peak of the jump.

(Technically, Finish Attack makes your character indeed jump too, but there were occasions where the boss his mechanic didn't registrate it as jumping, and thus hitting my character nonetheless.)

Although you've mentioned Circle Break, I would like to give it some extra attention, since this is a skill that has all three of these types of evasions. Circle Break grants you an iframe when casting the skill, gives you movement evasion if you have this skill at +6, and prolongs your air time when you need to jump to evade an attack. This skill remains very useful to this day, regardless of your skill level.

Only the ''dash'' part of Line Drive grants you an iframe. Not only the forward dash of Hacking Stance gives you an iframe, but so does the special attack (right click) of Hacking Stance.

Something I would like to add about Deep Straight: This skill can be executed in two different ways, the regular way where the skills makes your character step back, and the instant forward thrust that can be triggerd by ''left mouse click + Deep Straight''. Even though it is known that the step-back gives you an iframe, you still are able to get the iframe if you instant thrust. Do mind that the iframe of the instant thrust is shorter than the one of the step-back.

Eclipse- short movement

Deep Straight- long movemen + iframe

Evasion Slash- invicible time + small movement (If the boss charges and wants to run towards you, you can use your mouse to rotate your character 90 degrees, in combination with Evasion Slash to step back a little.)

Eclipse- short movement

Finish Attack- big rage of damage and small movement + Super Armor

Infinity Edge - iframe + large movement

Sweeping Kick - small movement

Aerial Combo - iframe + small movement

Circle Break - iframe + small movement

Dash Combo - small movement (can be used to position yourself more towards the right/left side of the boss)

Suprise Attack (lel, can't remember the name of our version atm) - iframe
Thank you very much mate!
Your comment might be usful for the topic.
I would find a time to check and re-edit the article later.
And I think I would reply a detailed Quote later as well ^_^

Edited by RoiVarianWrynn, 27 March 2016 - 07:12 PM.

#17 Sami

Sami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • DoffyCzar
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Freedom

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:01 AM

View PostRoiVarianWrynn, on 27 March 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

Well, this is a choice too,
You could learn this skill, no doubt.
But in fact, Gladiators usually don't use Great Wave as a DPS skill, but a skill which could counter immoblie mode of boss, such as the situation of stopping the breath of Red Dragon(ofc usually it doesn't need we waste a ult skill here, we always got mates, or double Line Drive+ Finish Attack can do it well if we solo), and ABN 1R.
As for the damage, it's true that Great Wave hurt boss well, but not as usful as Infinity Edge. The style of Gladiator's dps is staying close to the boss, and a invicible skill could save his life and his buff.
And... I like Great Wave as well, but I like Infinity Edge more I think >_< Just my opinion~
My build is little ahead. It's not prepared for this version. Next version Dash kick would decrease 1s CD when we lvl up it 1 time. So at last we could get a Dash Kick with 7s CD, which is more easier to touch off the Line Drive Ins.
For now, I recommond that learn lv6 Circle Break, yes, on this point I totally agree with you. For me, I don't use this skill so much. Just because its low dps(273% lv6). But truely, it's usful.
And when we get the patch which Evasion Slash could reset Triple Slash and Deep Straight, we may no longer need this skill: we won't have no powerful skills to use then.
So you could look this skill tree as a now version recommond for the future.
If you have any recommond, please write them down, I'd like to discuss them ^_^
Thanks.
yea sorry already saw the 14/14 on dash kick so it's for sure a skill build for after revamp
for ulti skills u can always use infinity edge in other situations like cheesy said

Edit: why cyclone 16/17 ? not worth this skill is just to keep ur str stacked (not after revamp) and it's not that good damage

View PostSchiz, on 27 March 2016 - 02:06 PM, said:

So I wouldn't recommend HMS on glad if you focus on raidingr
You don't have to max  hms 11/13 enough and it's not useless in raid i get it in top 10 always 6-7-8 around 400M, it's true that hms has long cd but it's still usefull when ur others skills cd plus u can use it in 15s combo also it's usefull when u are with bosses that u can't sometimes get close to the boss like jasmine(cc too op in dragon and guardian full hits).For the long cast time "heraldry speed action" is here.

Edited by Sami, 28 March 2016 - 04:09 AM.

#18 RoiVarianWrynn

RoiVarianWrynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • RoiVarianWrynn
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:57 AM

View PostSami, on 28 March 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

yea sorry already saw the 14/14 on dash kick so it's for sure a skill build for after revamp
for ulti skills u can always use infinity edge in other situations like cheesy said

Edit: why cyclone 16/17 ? not worth this skill is just to keep ur str stacked (not after revamp) and it's not that good damage

You don't have to max  hms 11/13 enough and it's not useless in raid i get it in top 10 always 6-7-8 around 400M, it's true that hms has long cd but it's still usefull when ur others skills cd plus u can use it in 15s combo also it's usefull when u are with bosses that u can't sometimes get close to the boss like jasmine(cc too op in dragon and guardian full hits).For the long cast time "heraldry speed action" is here.
For the reason why I did 16/17 Cyclone Slash, It's just because its usage frequency. It could be use in lots of situation and every time when you want to start your combo, you can use cyclone slash first, which could helps your collect your buff much faster and easier. So that I learn a high level Cyclone Slash for I usually would use it. If you don't like to use it, you could change the SPs on other skills.
In fact yes, this skill could stack the buff as well after revamp. And considering Finish Attack would cosume 15 times of buff after revamp, after 40% HP this skill would be the best choice to collect buff when using with Hacking Stance.
Thank you for your comment ^_^

#19 oPrielyn

oPrielyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • oPrinecoJo
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Humanities

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:07 PM

Parry is the best way to dodge

Edited by oPrielyn, 28 March 2016 - 02:08 PM.

#20 oPrielyn

oPrielyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • oPrinecoJo
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Humanities

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:08 PM

Each and everyone of us had their own prospective in many different ways.. i found his guide very usefull specially for those newbie gladiator.. i try to glad then change to ML immediately ..the struggle i felt is worst than i imagine.. kodus to this post