15 replies to this topic

#1 SwiperDaFox

SwiperDaFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:06 AM

Hi.
Due to Nindjas guide not being transfered to this forum I decide to write a quick Barb guide for those who are intestered. I don't claim to be perfect so feel free to post suggestions and questions you might have. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Skillbuild:

Posted Image

This is the skill build from Nindja's guide, which I am currently using aswell since it seems like the best choice for multiple reasons.

Warrior tree:
First of we are not putting any SP into Circle Break. While the skill is an iFrame at Level 6 you will only you use it very rarely and from personal experience it would place me into uncomfortable situations more often than being actually useful. Rising Slash feels a better version for this cap.

Mercenary tree:
Punishing Swing is a decent filler with low cooldown and okay damage. Using 11 SP for it instead of putting more points into Stomp which has fairly bad board damage increase for SP or into Demolition Fist which is basically only used for the debuff.
Putting more SP into Circle Bomb or Rolling Attack also doesn't increase their damage by a lot so you are better of leaving them at 11.
Maxing Circle Swing and Whirlwind is fairly obvious since they are your main damage skills and thus worth every point spent.
Both ults are at max rank which different uses. Typhoon is very useful in dungeons, while it's long cast time is bad for RDN and this leaves you with Gigantic Bomb for raids.

Skill heraldries:
I use circleswing dmg, iron skin buff duration, devastaing howl cd and taunting howl cd.
Circleswing Damage: Your main damage skill, obvious choice to get more damage.
Iron Skin Buff Duration: Provides a good amount of super armor which will allow you to safely cast your combos without getting interrupted.
Devastating Howl Cooldown: Puts you at low HP to help you gain rage faster, lower cooldown allows you to abuse your passive a little more often.
Taunting Howl Cooldown: Needed for enhanced Circleswing which is your main damage skill, also helpful to stack rage.

Gear:

Weapons and armors:
The best choice is of course the endgame gear which at the current time are the RDN L Grades. They give a ton of raw stats, especially STR, Patk and HP. They are also the gear that is the hardest to achieve as of now.
Next up would be the BDN L Grades for the same reasons as the the RDN ones, just lower stats. This gear is not obtainable anymore tho so also no choice for a new character.
Only gear left as of now for new characters would be Lvl 90 Epics or RDN Uniques. The unique weapons are better than the epic weapons and the 90 armors are better than the uniques due to insane defense stats. I would thus recommend to get 90 epic armors with 80 unique weapons until you can get better gear.

Jades:
Since STR is the main stat you should use 9 Bear and 5 Life jades, unless you are using Lvl 90 Epics which only have one jade slot, then you should go for full Bear jades with vitality. For RDN it might be a good idea to bring another 1-2 Life jades just to be safe.
For offensive jades it's either destruction for solo gameplay or ice conversion with 3 lake jades for raiding in RDN, because the average ice resist is lower than any other element in RDN.

Accessories:
Earrings: Most important piece, Circleswing Technique with the highest STR stat. Even when you are using ice conversion you should go for the STR version!
Necklace: best option here would be Whirlwind Technique with again the highest STR stat.
Rings: When you run conversion you want to get Technique rings with Elemental + Crit! The skill doesn't really matter, I'm currently using Bone Crash and Rising Slash. If you are not converting to an element you can just use Level 90 epic rings.

Heraldries:
Pretty self-explanatory really:
Bear -> gives STR
Destruction -> gives Patk
Fatal -> gives Crit
Tent -> gives Mdef
Shining ->gives Pdef
Life -> gives HP
Health -> gives VIT
Ultimate/Wind ->if you are going FD; if you are not going FD for more Crit/Patk

Talis:
200%: Bear and Destruction
175%: Wind and Fatal
125%: Tent and Shining
100%: Health and Life
If you are going FD you can leave out the Life Tali and replace it with an ultimate one, just move it up to 200%

Third stats:
Plates: STR whenever possible, otherwise Patk
Jades: STR for every jade except Bear, get VIT/Patk for the latter
Talis: STR whenever possible, otherwise Patk

Gameplay:

As Barb you pretty much follow the motto: Go hard or go home.
If you are a player that prefers safe classes and wants to dodge every single attack then this is not the class for you! It is important to get hit and take damage (or have a cute physician to inject you). Getting low HP and stacking rage doesn't require you to facetank everything tho, so you will have to find a balance yourself.

There are different combos depending on how much rage you have built up:

More than 45 rage:
Devastating Howl (Cancel the long cast time with Relieve) > Iron Skin > Demolition Fist (Take some damage while using it if possible) > Taunting Howl > Bone Crash > Enhanced Circle Swing
Or
Devastating Howl > Iron Skin > Taunting Howl > Bone Crash > Demolition Fist > Enhanced Circle Swing

Less than 45 rage or Enhanced Circle Swing on CD:
Whirlwind > Circle Swing Instant > Soccer Kick Combo (Air Sweep) > Rising Slash > Soccer Kick Combo > Circle Swing Instant > Soccer Kick Combo > Filler Skill (Circle Bomb or Rolling Attack)

Video section:

Full RDN HC run as FD Barb by Nindja: https://www.youtube....h?v=40gmIEjUXnQ
How to reset Circle Swing insta by Nindja: https://www.youtube....h?v=T97Ex8nnSMs

Edited by SwiperDaFox, 29 March 2016 - 12:54 AM.

#2 Soullo

Soullo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • StardustAX
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Blackout

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:36 PM

Nice, i was waiting this guide :D
Well, it's similar to my style till 40 cap, so it's nothing new. But it's good to see different ideas from mine.
Now i have a question: when the barbarian do a content alone like nets is better to go full destr and not elemental converted? I know it doesn't have an elemental resistance reduction skill, so i was wondering if it does more damage in that way.

By the way i have both circle break and rising slash, because it seems i'm bad at using rising slash other than to trigger soccer kick combo :P

Maybe i can drop circle break and use the sp in to the destroyer tree like punishing wing, it's a skill i use often. What do you think?

Edited by Soullo, 29 March 2016 - 07:41 PM.

#3 SwiperDaFox

SwiperDaFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:11 PM

You was waiting for a barb guide?
From my experience which i made it doesnt really matter in nests if you go destruction or elemental convert. I always use ice conversion because im too lazy to swap jades all the time.
When u use punishing swing often i would drop circle break definitely. I think punishing swing is a good skill it gives you some range the damage is decent and its a low cd skill. Its a perfect filler skill for me.

#4 From

From

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:28 PM

Best Guide for farming Saint-Haven I confirm.

#5 SwiperDaFox

SwiperDaFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:29 PM

View PostFrom, on 29 March 2016 - 08:28 PM, said:

Best Guide for farming Saint-Haven I confirm.

Please just go away from my thread. Thank you very much.

#6 From

From

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:38 PM

Yo, can you teach real quick me how to get full FD by spending 80% of your time in St-Haven, i'd like to know.

#7 SwiperDaFox

SwiperDaFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:41 PM

Im not full FD but okay. Okay i will teach you no problem. Learn how the market work and get cash. Easy

#8 Soullo

Soullo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • StardustAX
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Blackout

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:44 AM

I will test with punishing swing, let's see if it fits my play ^^

#9 TrollingKing

TrollingKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • TrollingKing
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PorjectX

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:08 PM

View PostFrom, on 29 March 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

Yo, can you teach real quick me how to get full FD by spending 80% of your time in St-Haven, i'd like to know.

Oh little fromy, it's legal now! You should not bother him anymore

Edited by TrollingKing, 06 April 2016 - 11:08 PM.

#10 Kenrah

Kenrah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:38 AM

nc guide bro :) thanks

#11 PurgamentuN

PurgamentuN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Krebz
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Next_Stage

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:32 AM

Thanks men.

But, why u always use hammer instead axe ;o

#12 SwiperDaFox

SwiperDaFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:35 AM

View PostPurgamentuN, on 13 April 2016 - 03:32 AM, said:

Thanks men.

But, why u always use hammer instead axe ;o

I use hammer cause i want more max dmg and I dont need the crit from the axe. I reach critcap with my selfbuffs.
And axe is too mainstream for me :P

Edited by SwiperDaFox, 13 April 2016 - 03:37 AM.

#13 PurgamentuN

PurgamentuN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Krebz
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Next_Stage

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:42 PM

do you really recommend shining since u got 99999 str? :s

#14 SwiperDaFox

SwiperDaFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:22 PM

View PostPurgamentuN, on 13 April 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

Yes because str doesnt change your physical defence.

#15 Reimii

Reimii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Reimii
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ArCiel

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:18 AM

View PostPurgamentuN, on 13 April 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

Dunno where you get all this false information with stats and craftable items (RDN U)... Just have a look in the game... xD

#16 PurgamentuN

PurgamentuN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Krebz
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Next_Stage

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

lol

i just confused it with INT, forget it :X