• 59 posts
  • xXxTatsuSushi - ML
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Glorious

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:58 PM

Hey guys here is my PVE guide for ML 90 cap :

The BibleThump rule for ML:

STACK THE INT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!

You can see that the build is so much different compared to 80cap as the physical tree got buffed heavily and it's too much to pass on. I will begin explaining my skill build show below.

First of all, I will explain the magical tree. Moonlight splitter's damage with only about 285%x4.5 which is nothing now even when maxed out as compared to triple slash with a whooping 1951% but don't get me wrong, it is still a very good filler, ~1.3k% every 8S, easily out-damages Line Drive for instance and since you have tons of free SP(explained later) you can max MLS too. I would suggest getting a skill up for Triple Slash from weapon costume(Unless Velskud,Abyss etc weapons).

Next,Cyclone slash has been given a huge buff, so much that it even out damages halfmoon slash(That is when all 17 hits are fully hit, but then again, most bosses now are somewhat stationary or big-sized).

Now for the physical tree, in general it's being buffed significantly so just Max out triple slash. LD hits like a truck on big sized bosses like dragons. Dealing all 4 hits can really out damage HMS but not good in small sized mobs (max 2 hits) . The revamped parry is quite nice and gives out nice damage too. I maxed it out for the instant 2160% damage it gives after parry is successful. Use a technique parry ring to save 10 SP from adding a level of parry(unless you're stacking FD) If you only use it for utility, you can allocate the 10 points onto wherever that fits you and eventually you can find out your play style by playing for awhile.

Below are the 3 types of build that I've actually tried:

Style 1 (with spare 10SP): (Follow this skill tree if you're not sure about your playstyle yet)
Spoiler

Style 2 (currently using) :
Spoiler

Style 3 (utility build):
Spoiler

Style 4: (Deep straight lvl 11)

Having 10 SP opens up 3 possible builds as far as i know, so play around and see what fits you better. For example, at first I thought that I needed dash combo to kick seeds at RDN third boss or to just SA break mobs in DQ but eventually I found myself using kicks and Triple Slash to satisfy the conditions. Hence I can put my SP elsewhere.

Skill plates recommended:
Cyclone slash DMG
Half-moon Slash DMG ( To replace Cyclone slash based on your playstyle)
Great wave DMG
Crescent cleave DMG (MUST HAVE!)
Moonblade dance DMG (MUST HAVE!)

Accessories recommended:
Getting Kornu earrings and a ring for the 2 part FD or JUST Felis earring with Lv 90 jades depending on your needs(YES FELIS EARRING IS MUCH BETTER THAN TECH EARRINGS), you can get either wise+crit if you need crit and extra critical or you can get wise+vit if you need hp and magician or Ice jade on ring depending on your build.

Skill accessories
1)Necklace for crescent cleave with pure INT stats:
-This I feel is a must for all ML out there as getting it to lv16 deals insane damage on large scaled mobs unless you're going FD build by getting RDNL.

2)Earring for Half-Moon Slash/Triple slash/Cyclone slash with INT or Ice attack(Get one of this temporarily until you get 90 Felis earring with 3rd M.attack):
- Honestly I have not tried out the damage difference between these two but I think it actually depends on your stats?  If you have high base damage then I think getting Ice better as it works in % and if you have low base damage, stacking INT is better : 2201 int = 2201 damage x int % stacked x passive 1.4 = ???? O_O (Too lazy to calculate damage, mathematician needed!)
Overall getting either one of them is fine, but I would prefer getting INT.

3) Ring for MBD (Crit+Ele):
- your main dps skill, total increase of about 50% if you landed 10 hits excluding right click. Get critical+elemental if you plan to go elemental which ATM is ice as the best element so far.Add another skill up plate for this AND HELLO DAMAGE!

4) Ring for Parry(Crit+Ele):
- Just to save up that 10SP while you still want to have it maxed, most useful skill to +1 after MBD in my opinion. Relieve +1 just adds 1 more debuff removed but there's no situation where I get more than 3 debuffs so far to relieve.

Possible combinations of accessories used:
1) 4 Tech accessories.
2) 3 Tech accessories  + Wise Felis Earring
3) 1 Tech necklace + 1 Tech MBD ring + 1 Kornu ring+ earring
4) 1 Tech MBD ring + 3 RDNL Accs.

Combi 3 and 4 are debatable in several ways, Legend Jades and 90 upgrade-able jades coming soon so It's too soon to tell which is better. Although combi 3 has about 126 Less FD than combi 4, The tech necklace has a very OP stats growth. (Open up the debates!)

Tips and tricks:

1)My Basic rotation:

brave>provoking slam>cyclone slash>crescent cleave>tumble back>MBD>triple slash>HMS.

(Credits to Thauma for the suggestion of brave>provoking slam)

Disclaimer: this may not be achieved due to unforeseen circumstances, use whatever skills you see fit and don't blame your death on me while using this rotation. (clap)
With the new flash stance EXI, it serves a much better purpose as a filler than MLS.
However You'll deal more damage with this "filler" rotation: MLS>FS EXI> FS EXI
(Again I emphasize that the remaining 10SP is just to improve your fillers)

"Filler" rotation:

2) i-frame:
We have three I-frame skills with this skill build: circle break,deep straight,flash stance and hacking stance( while dashing forward) and parry. This is where we can differentiate between good swordsmen and novice.
Mastering the power of I frame makes you almost impossible to die.Practice makes perfect so don't be afraid my beloved peeps. ( I am not that of a pro in I-framing myself lol (shame))

3) Crescent Cleave:
This skill can be very inconsistent. You need the right distance to deal the maximum hit possible for human to mid-sized mobs. ( Video available soon!)

I think this is pretty much sums up my PVE guide. Feel free to ask any questions by leaving a comment below and thank you for your time reading!
(hat) (:[)

Regards.
xXTatsuSushiXx

Edited by xXTatsuSushiXx, 22 April 2016 - 06:33 AM.

#2 Thauma

Thauma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:37 PM

View PostxXTatsuSushiXx, on 06 April 2016 - 10:58 PM, said:

Tips and tricks:

1)My Basic rotation:
provoking slam>brave>cyclone slash>crescent cleave>tumble back>MBD>triple slash>HMS.

Disclaimer: this may not be achieved due to unforeseen circumstances, use whatever skills you see fit and don't blame your death on me while using this rotation. (clap)
With the new flash stance EXI, it serves a much better purpose as a filler than MLS.
Just spam FS when all your skills after rotation are on cooldown.
(Again I emphasize that 16SP is just to improve your fillers)

2) i-frame:
We have three I-frame skills with this skill build: circle break,deep straight and parry. This is where we can differentiate between good swordsmen and novice.
Mastering the power of I frame makes you almost impossible to die.Practice makes perfect so don't be afraid my beloved peeps. ( I am not that of a pro in I-framing myself lol (shame))

I think this is pretty much sums up my PVE guide. Feel free to ask any questions by leaving a comment below and thank you for your time reading!
class= class=

Regards.
xXTatsuSushiXx

i-frame: flash stance got iframe too. (the time when you dash).
Brave>provoking is better as provoking got lower duration. You can even try brave>tornado>provoking (brave-15s duration, tornado 10 seconds debuff each hit, provoking - 10s debuff. Another point is not to spam fs after all skills are on cd, you can use it like fs > skill > fs > skill that way you will not wait for tumble's cd.
Change triple slash for great wave +20% dmg.

#3 xXTatsuSushiXx

xXTatsuSushiXx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • xXxTatsuSushi - ML
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Glorious

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:48 AM

View PostThauma, on 08 April 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

i-frame: flash stance got iframe too. (the time when you dash).
Brave>provoking is better as provoking got lower duration. You can even try brave>tornado>provoking (brave-15s duration, tornado 10 seconds debuff each hit, provoking - 10s debuff. Another point is not to spam fs after all skills are on cd, you can use it like fs > skill > fs > skill that way you will not wait for tumble's cd.
Change triple slash for great wave +20% dmg.

I'll try out your rotation, it seems more efficient. Thanks for the tip though! As for the fs spam, not sure if you know this but you can cast fs exi twice in a tumble, by doing this you can ignore waiting for tumble's cd already while doing more damage compared to fs>skill(has to be filler of course)>fs.

Meanwhile for the great wave plate, i will change it. Other than that thanks for the feedback o/

#4 Thauma

Thauma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:53 AM

View PostxXTatsuSushiXx, on 09 April 2016 - 03:48 AM, said:

As for the fs spam, not sure if you know this but you can cast fs exi twice in a tumble, by doing this you can ignore waiting for tumble's cd already while doing more damage compared to fs>skill(has to be filler of course)>fs.
Only if stable connection, one lag means dissrupting it.

#5 Dargunz

Dargunz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Connect

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:17 PM

I tend to get Eclipse at least. The reason for this is that it's a nice skill for dungeon grinding. The suction it provides is nice to gather a lot of mobs together for a clean Cyclone.

About your rotation, instead of Tumbling backwards into MBD, hold left or right and use sidekick then instant cancel sidekick with MBD. This way you can force a sideways MBD positioning yourself even better.

Edited by Dargunz, 11 April 2016 - 05:41 PM.

#6 Kenrah

Kenrah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:38 AM

nc guide bro keep it up

#7 xXTatsuSushiXx

xXTatsuSushiXx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • xXxTatsuSushi - ML
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Glorious

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:46 AM

View PostDargunz, on 11 April 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

I tend to get Eclipse at least. The reason for this is that it's a nice skill for dungeon grinding. The suction it provides is nice to gather a lot of mobs together for a clean Cyclone.

About your rotation, instead of Tumbling backwards into MBD, hold left or right and use sidekick then instant cancel sidekick with MBD. This way you can force a sideways MBD positioning yourself even better.

Oh nice! I didn't know about that, thanks for the tip! :D But in some cases in RDN when' you're too near to the boss, tumbling backwards is to get a nice distance to allow more hits from MBD.

View PostKenrah, on 12 April 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

nc guide bro keep it up

Thank you so much!

Edited by xXTatsuSushiXx, 13 April 2016 - 02:47 AM.

#8 PurgamentuN

PurgamentuN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Krebz
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Next_Stage

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:25 AM

nice men, but instead cyclone slash i would prefer brave CD.. Brave is everything for ML

#9 Dargunz

Dargunz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Connect

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostxXTatsuSushiXx, on 13 April 2016 - 02:46 AM, said:

Oh nice! I didn't know about that, thanks for the tip! :D But in some cases in RDN when' you're too near to the boss, tumbling backwards is to get a nice distance to allow more hits from MBD.

Tumbling Backwards isn't much different from what I did in the video. I used the sideways motion to move farther away from my original location. Backwards Tumble has a really bad distance coverage and usually takes a slight bit longer to set up. Your method can work out, though, if you are in certain locations where moving a lot of distance would move you into dangerous mechanics.

#10 xXTatsuSushiXx

xXTatsuSushiXx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • xXxTatsuSushi - ML
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Glorious

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:58 AM

View PostPurgamentuN, on 13 April 2016 - 03:25 AM, said:

nice men, but instead cyclone slash i would prefer brave CD.. Brave is everything for ML

Checked for such skill plate, it doesn't exist D:

#11 xXTatsuSushiXx

xXTatsuSushiXx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • xXxTatsuSushi - ML
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Glorious

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:34 AM

Guide has been updated!

#12 PurgamentuN

PurgamentuN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Krebz
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Next_Stage

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:58 PM

DD: fail ! was going to put that too

men, about acessories, u get more int if u use the lv 80 unique earing with HG Wise 80lv, it is 2600 int, felis/coma is max 1800

#13 Reimii

Reimii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Reimii
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ArCiel

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:13 AM

View PostPurgamentuN, on 25 April 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

DD: fail ! was going to put that too

men, about acessories, u get more int if u use the lv 80 unique earing with HG Wise 80lv, it is 2600 int, felis/coma is max 1800

Dunno how u calculate 1,800 INT on 90 accs with jades tho... xD

Coma Earring: 2,136 INT (+MAtk with 3rd stat) + 1,102 (jade +0) = 3,238 INT, if jade +10 u get 198 in addition, so u got 3,436 INT with Coma Earrings o,o

80 Unique Technique with INT: 2,201 INT + 1,234 INT (jade) = 3,435 INT

Conclusion:
You got 1 INT more(!!!) +VIT +MAtk on Coma xD
And don't forget the Vit or Crit on the 90 jade you could take on accessory c:

Edited by Reimii, 26 April 2016 - 12:15 AM.