• PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • TrollingGod
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:10 AM

"A dead DPS is not a DPS" - TrollingGod

Preface

Hello there, I am TrollingGod from ProjectX in DNEU. I believe many of you should be familiar with my name since my main inquisitor is so cute (love) . Joke aside, lately many of my team members was asking me about how I am supporting them so well in RDN HC as a saint. In this guide I will be sharing my experience on how to support your team while maintaining a super low DPS in RDN as a saint ( below 5 million damage in RDN HC in TOTAL)

Introduction

Saint is a priest sub-class mainly focusing on the relic tree on the priest page, with the EX variant to push the relics' supporting power further. Unlike inquisitor, saint is not capable to dealing much damage to compete with any of the current top DPS classes, yet saint's supporting ability for the team is unrivaled. His cure and his constant heals from healing relics make saint a must in any proper raid composition, the only downside is his comparatively long CD on big heal (holy shield) comparing with Physicians's healing shower or Light Fury's chakra miracle.

Important Skills

Cure Relic: 1/1

This skill is your signature skill in raids, people taking a saint in a team is not only because of your heals, but also the best curing from cure relic, as bosses in RDN apply different kinds of debuffs like burn and electrocution.

P.S. must have CD plate to be able to have 100% uptime cure relic

Healing Relic: 1/1

0.4% HP per tick from healing relic might seems to be very low. However, the cooldown is only 10 seconds with 30 seconds duration, that means you can have up to 4 healing relics on the field (with CD plate) with the ability to heal 1.6% hp and recover mana.

P.S. must have CD plate for 4 healing relics on the field

Binding Relic: 1/1

This skill is less important comparing with the above skills, because the damage increase debuff from binding relic EX can easily be overwrite with other damage increase skills.

P.S. do not cast it in Jasmine as it will cause the bombs to bug during mechanics

Miracle relic: 1/2 Protection shell: 1/1

These two skills reduce damage received from attacks by 30%. The only difference is that miracle relic will refresh its buff every 2 seconds while protection shell does not. You should cast these skills during bosses' mechanics or burst phase.

P.S. CD plate for miracle relic and duration plate for protection shell is strongly advised

Holy Shield: 1/1

Although this skill is not as effective as the other two healer classes (Physician and Light Fury), it is used as an emergency heal in case the other big heal from the main healer is on cooldown.

P.S. Shander y u no gib cd pl8 for horee shid

General Gameplay

This video was recorded from one of my carry runs
https://youtu.be/d6y4uba8oxE

Important to note from this video

As you can see, I had been avoiding to deal any damage to the bosses, not even one shock of relic was cast during the run. It is because the more damage you want to do, the less support you will offer to the team. The only time I deal damage to the bosses was to tag them once with my left click to see the bosses' health. Moreover, you should position yourself behind the team spamming relics, because our EX relics are so big (if you know what i mean (cool) ) that they block the views from our members.

There are four reasons to avoid dealing damage in raids as a saint: Firstly, your team members should be able to dish out enough damage for RDN. Secondly, in order to deal damage with shock of relic, you have to place as much relics as possible near the bosses and cast SoR, which blocks the views of your members (as mentioned above), or even causing lags due to the animation from SoR. Thirdly, some bosses like for example Jasmine, will not target you with her tracing bombs, double mine or even drills during yellow mechanics, allowing you to have more time to spam your relics to maximise your supporting utility, and to increase your survivability. (From 00:39:00 to 00:44:30 in the video) Lastly, if you try to maximise your damage output, your DPS members will cry about doing much less damage than previous runs, thus their ego meter goes down.

P.S. I advise you to bind your three relics (cure relic, healing relic and binding relic) on 1, 2 and 3, to allow you cast them more easily. (clap)
Gear

I try to invest as little geld as possible on my saint to remind myself not to do any damage in raids with the above mentioned reasons. My armours are +9/+10 cauda with INT+VIT jades and +10 Lv.80 epic weapons, the reason I went with Lv80 weapons is because the extra jade slot for two 805 VIT jades. Technique accessories are not mandatory, you will want to get as much HP or def stats from accessories as well.

P.S. I used like 10k to gear my saint but I am getting 100k geld per week just from carry runs on my saint. (clap)

Summary

To summarise, your job as a saint is to protect your team mates from getting killed. Therefore, your mindset of being a saint should be dealing as little damage as possible while providing as much support as possible. From time to time, you left hand should be spamming 1, 2 and 3 while your right hand is browsing through the DNEU forum to look for trolls on your phone.

So this is the end of my saint guide. If there is any questions regarding this guide, please feel free to comment below or PM me in game (TrollingGod), any criticisms are welcomed. (clap)

P.S. please do not take this guide seriously
P.P.S please ignore the above P.S.

Edited by TrollingGod, 07 April 2016 - 04:00 AM.

#2 MuchAshe

MuchAshe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1341 posts
  • Injector
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:03 AM

View PostTrollingGod, on 07 April 2016 - 12:10 AM, said:

Moreover, you should position yourself behind the team spamming relics, because our EX relics are so big (if you know what i mean (cool) ) that they block the views from our members.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:44 AM

These two skills reduce damage received from attacks by 30%. The only difference is that miracle relic will refresh its buff every 2 seconds while protection shell does not. You should cast these skills during bosses' mechanics or burst phase.

P.S. CD plate for miracle relic and duration plate for protection shell is strongly advised

View PostTomLi, on 17 March 2016 - 08:47 PM, said:

While running RDN HC a friend of mine pointed out that when using MR if you right-click it will drop when you click which increases the speed of it being dropped and really helps you get it out before being dragged into the bosses suction!

#4 MuchAshe

MuchAshe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1341 posts
  • Injector
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:34 AM

"Ayy lmao meng." - MuchAshe

Preface

Hello there, I am MuchAshe from Glorious in DNEU. I believe many of you should be familiar with my name since I have a lot of un-cute lolis (T.T) . Joke aside, apparently I have a really bad fashion taste and I also suck at injecting Barbarians. I have played Saint in RDN aswell and I would like to give you some constructive criticism.

Introduction

I want this to look very professional so I am going to write a large chunk of words to look like Theoderich. This will make me look professional since I am capable of writing huge walls of text without any actual content. I agree on everything you said in your introduction and would like to add that Saint makes bzz-bzz. I also think Heal Shower is superior to Holy Shield because it is a lot cuter!

Important Skills

Cure Relic: 1/1

You forgot the most important part about this skill. It gives movespeed and we all know movespeed is the best stat in the game because it can make you go sonic! So even if your name is Nero-Shadow please remember to skill this EX!

Healing Relic: 1/1

Again, you forgot the most important part about the skill! In this case being able to trap absolutely anything comes in handy to make your teammates get stuck during mechanics which make them move back into dangerous territory (The bar mechanic during the first phase of Red Dragon and the space bar mechanic during the second phase come to mind!).

Binding Relic: 1/1

I personally feel like you shouldn't cast this relic at all because it overwrites Bulls Eye and thus makes me cry when playing Sniper. (T.T)

Always cast Protection Shell after you got debuffed at Death Knight or your cute party members will get rekt. And to all those Saints in my random RDN Normal runs: Do not use Miracle Relic for damage please, it's not your job. This guide will lead you to the path of light.

Holy Shield: 1/1

Even though I wrote it already: Heal Shower is a lot cuter and provides damage reduction and elemental self-buff. I also dislike your very clear attempt at racism towards asian people in the PS! I feel very offended and hope you will realise that you are a disgrace for your homeland! (That's what Berserker said, right?)

General Gameplay

Your gameplay was really interesting to watch and I definitely watched the entire thing without falling asleep. I rate it 5/7.
Would it be possible to give me the Physicians phone number?
Also I wondered if you are still in the guild with TrollingKing because you two are cute lesbians in real life or if there is another backstory to it, since you spend way too much time in the hut from my point of view. (cool)

Last thing I want to add is that you have way too many skills on your skill bar! Why did you even use that many SP, feels like you were wasting time on skilling instead of running RDN!

Gear

I can't afford Level 80 Epic weapons +10, would +0 RDN Uniques suffice?
Is an enhanced shield useful for the defenses or is the damage increase to dramatic?
Should I use a Premium Defence Plate instead of a Premium Magicians Plate?

Summary

I am literally the best Saint in the universe, which is why I named my Saint MuchTrash. I hope you learned from my criticism and get good soon. And now, please line up ladies. Cheesy informed me I would be getting swarmed by you girls after writing informative and boring walls of text.

#5 Schiz

Schiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:44 AM

Hello, I'm CheesyPoof from ProjectZ, by far the best guild in DNEU with all of its members (me) clearing RDN HC on a daily basis and housing the best players EU of each class available in the game (me)

I would also like to add something, since I do disagree with some of your points.

I spam relics everywhere, and noone ever complained about it.

If they do, I can't hear them over the sound of my shock of BZZZT PFFFH (UGH) FZZZH

Here's a video to prove saint's massive DPS on an extremely hard nest (I went as far as getting full +12 BDNL on my saint, which took lots of effort and love for the class)
https://www.youtube....h?v=8QD5a2Zcl44

(If you're Italian and under 18, heavy language. Otherwise just pretend you're hearing "pizza pizza spaghetti mandulin" on loop)

On a serious note, you can and should SoR, just make sure you're doing your job first

Edited by Schiz, 07 April 2016 - 11:06 AM.

#6 TheAwD

TheAwD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:36 PM

( below 5 million damage in RDN HC in TOTAL)

Teach me maestro !

Edited by TheAwD, 07 April 2016 - 01:36 PM.

#7 MuchAshe

MuchAshe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1341 posts
  • Injector
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:47 AM

Posted Image

Trying to get on his level, but even casting 1 miracle relic at DK made me do more damage with +0 weapons.