Addely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Anselve
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • SerpentGang

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:33 PM

Are there any must have plates? I only can think of leap over dmg for now but didn't see all options

#2 iBob

iBob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:43 PM

must haves:
Overheat Action Speed (Since we have latest skill revampfor her, overheat has highest board damage. on +0 ist 3.6k%, on +2 ist 4.2k% yes. I have it like this and it is true)

Flow through CD : if u Play her elemental, or even if not and u are in raid with ele atkers, u Need Flow through CD to Keep it up permanently

u can then go for
kidney blow Action Speed, beatdown damage, leap over damage, beyond the wall cd (not rly needed since its able to have it permanently anyways but might help if u get hit too often)
2 of those.

But with leap over, u often use it just to trigger the boarddamage for overcharge after having to run some distance (like when 3rd rdn boss ran u flyby a bit, use leap over to get Close to him and then overcharge with the 3.7k% on lv 18+1) so u might not always even hit once with it so it might be useless to go dmg plate it.

And yes, Action Speed of Action Speed plates DOES trigger for the following overcharge, too.

i hope this was a help!

#3 Slea

Slea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Blackout

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:50 PM

- Kidney Blow DMG/AS (I'm pretty fine with the AS of Kidney Blow, so I'll choose DMG, but the other option is also fine);
- Beat Down DMG;
- Overheat AS;
- no idea about the 4th plate.

Leap Over is not that good for Ruina, imo.

#4 Suspitio

Suspitio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:09 PM

• Beat down DMG (usually your highest DPS skill as Ruina)
  • Kidney Blow AS (increases AS of consequential normal attacks and Overcharge, follow it up after a gear step and GG, top DPS. Also works with instant, which gives you the more reasons to use it)
  • Beyond the Wall CD or Flow Through CD (Beyond the wall if you like keeping that barrier and buff up at all times and if you don't have a tank in the party, if you do, Flow Through ensures you keep that nice elemental debuff up 24/7, and even though you can't chain it into Overcharge, it gives you more chances to use your instant, which can chain into Overcharge)
  • Overheat DMG/AS or Flying Knee Kick AS (Although, since it seems Overheat is bugged and does a whole lot less damage half of the time, you may wanna use Flying Knee Kick for the same reasons as Kidney Blow)
  • If you want any other skill, you can replace the Overheat/Flying Knee Kick
Leap over is, IMHO the worst skill of them all on a Ruina cause due to its ridiculous range, you can't land full hits, and it can't even be chained to Overcharge. Maybe you know a way to do major damage with it, but for me, it's a no-no.

#5 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:28 PM

Leap over is, IMHO the worst skill of them all on a Ruina cause due to its ridiculous range, you can't land full hits, and it can't even be chained to Overcharge. Maybe you know a way to do major damage with it, but for me, it's a no-

I am gonna go ahead and say what any Ruina player with some knowledge of the class is thinking about:

You have no fùcking clue what you are talking about.

Leap over is highest Board Damage skill, making Charging Gear deal the highest damage, and considering Charging Gear should be around 90% of your damage if you know ANYTHING about the class, Leap Over is a MUST plate and Tech

#6 Yuthz

Yuthz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Salt, Liestar
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:39 PM

Leap Over does work with overcharge but its easy to miss or not land full hits.

Overheat does a lot of damage when it fully connects but often times it bugs and does ridiculously low damage.

Must have plates imo:

Beat Down DMG
Kidney Blow AS/DMG
Overheat AS/DMG (when the bug is fixed)

Edit: didn't see rokes reply when I was typing my post, he is right about Leap Over if you connect it with command enhancement.

Edited by Yuthz, 09 April 2016 - 10:45 PM.

#7 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:53 PM

View PostAddely, on 09 April 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

Are there any must have plates? I only can think of leap over dmg for now but didn't see all options
I try to stay below the radar for now, till I got a more profound knowledge about the class, but this would be my (theortical) advise for now, cause I just did 4 hours combo practice so far.

- Leap Over DMG
- Overheat DMG
- Kidney Blow AS
- nvm

- Leap Over Skill Up +1 Heraldry Pouch

- Overheat+1 AGI Necklace
- lvl90 Wind Earrings
- Leap Over+1 PATK+Ele% Ring
- Flow Through or Kidney Blow+1 PATK+Ele% Ring

This has been all based on combo practice(colosseum, ABN norm/HC)+theory crafting, so I still have to verify it in raid.

View PostSlea, on 09 April 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

- Kidney Blow DMG/AS (I'm pretty fine with the AS of Kidney Blow, so I'll choose DMG, but the other option is also fine);
- Beat Down DMG;
- Overheat AS;
- no idea about the 4th plate.

Leap Over is not that good for Ruina, imo.

Don't judge me if I'm wrong, but
- isn't Kidney Blow just a filler you squeeze in as iEX after Flow through, so you want it to be casted as fast as possible
- aren't Leap Over and Overheat your main DMG skills/coefficients
- shouldn't it be Overheat DMG for a higher coefficient

And may I ask why you consider Leap Over as not that good for Ruina?

View PostSuspitio, on 09 April 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

• Beat down DMG (usually your highest DPS skill as Ruina)
  • Kidney Blow AS (increases AS of consequential normal attacks and Overcharge, follow it up after a gear step and GG, top DPS. Also works with instant, which gives you the more reasons to use it)
  • Beyond the Wall CD or Flow Through CD (Beyond the wall if you like keeping that barrier and buff up at all times and if you don't have a tank in the party, if you do, Flow Through ensures you keep that nice elemental debuff up 24/7, and even though you can't chain it into Overcharge, it gives you more chances to use your instant, which can chain into Overcharge)
  • Overheat DMG/AS or Flying Knee Kick AS (Although, since it seems Overheat is bugged and does a whole lot less damage half of the time, you may wanna use Flying Knee Kick for the same reasons as Kidney Blow)
  • If you want any other skill, you can replace the Overheat/Flying Knee Kick
Leap over is, IMHO the worst skill of them all on a Ruina cause due to its ridiculous range, you can't land full hits, and it can't even be chained to Overcharge. Maybe you know a way to do major damage with it, but for me, it's a no-no.

I read your post atleast 3 times and went right into combo practice, but know I don't know what to think. I must admit I thought what Rokes wrote, but at the same time my understanding might be so wrong, that your points look just totally twisted to me. If you don't mind could you clarify, what you meant with:
  • With Beat Down you literally meant DPS in terms of damage per second if you spam it or in a combo?
  • increases AS of consequential normal attacks and Overcharge, follow it up after a gear step and GG, top DPS.
  • and even though you can't chain it into Overcharge, it gives you more chances to use your instant, which can chain into Overcharge
Cheers
-TrapWaifu7

Edited by Weapon7, 10 April 2016 - 03:59 AM.

#8 Slea

Slea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Blackout

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:12 AM

I have to admit that I need to learn a lot of stuff about Ruina gameplay, but I saw a lot of videos and most of those Ruinas were using Beat Down, Kidney Blow, KD Ins, Overheat and Flying Knee Kick (as a filler), so I thought that those were her main DPS skills.

I never saw them using Leap Over and I'm not using it either right now just because the range is insane and it was really hard to chain with Charging Gear, but as I said I don't know that much about Ruina so from now on I'll try to use it more and get used to it.

Also I suggested AS plate for Overheat cuz the cast is kinda long and the skill bugs most of the time, but again I'm a scrubby Ruina so don't get my words too seriously.

#9 TheAwD

TheAwD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:47 AM

if u use Leap over pressin " s " then you ll get all hits easily. Highes board damage so must maxed and technique. But not worth to get +2, instead make +2 on beatdown(Lower cd and faster)

#10 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:18 AM

View PostSlea, on 10 April 2016 - 12:12 AM, said:

I have to admit that I need to learn a lot of stuff about Ruina gameplay, but I saw a lot of videos and most of those Ruinas were using Beat Down, Kidney Blow, KD Ins, Overheat and Flying Knee Kick (as a filler), so I thought that those were her main DPS skills.

I never saw them using Leap Over and I'm not using it either right now just because the range is insane and it was really hard to chain with Charging Gear, but as I said I don't know that much about Ruina so from now on I'll try to use it more and get used to it.

Also I suggested AS plate for Overheat cuz the cast is kinda long and the skill bugs most of the time, but again I'm a scrubby Ruina so don't get my words too seriously.

Most likely old videos prerevamp.

Get post revamp ones

#11 Schiz

Schiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:24 AM

If you use Kidney Blow action speed, the AS increase carries over to the overcharging after. Therefore, I like having Kidney Blow AS to use it when I know I have a short dps window because doing a weaker overcharging is better than not having enough time to use overcharging cause the boss went into mechanic or flies away or you have to dodge or whatever.

Other than that, main dmg plates are Overheat, Leap Over
I wish Overheat AS worked, but I tried it out and the AS increase is only for the first hits so it sucks cause it doesn't get carried over into overcharging and you gain almost nothing.

Beat Down is arguable imo, for me squeezing in 2 overcharges thanks to Kidney Blow AS is better than using just one albeit stronger in most cases. And usually either Overheat or Leap over are off CD so I'd rather use them so Beat Down is just back up really.
I still have it maxed and plated, but I don't find it as important as it was pre revamp (on SEA, I'd use pretty much only beat down)

#12 Seirra

Seirra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Seirra
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • GM Valhalla

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:41 AM

- Leap Over damage
- Beat Down damage
- Kidney Blow Action Speed, work on charging gear
- Over Heat damage
Overheat action speed doesn't work on charging gear, so it should be damage.

extra slot :
- Flow Through cooldown
- Beyond the wall cooldown

Edited by Seirra, 10 April 2016 - 05:11 AM.

#13 Addely

Addely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Anselve
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • SerpentGang

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:29 AM

I didnt even know beat down is that good @_@ I didn't use it much during lvling, mostly to kill that one last mob/filler.

#14 MrZeul

MrZeul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:12 AM

Seems like ruina needs all sort of +1 she can get. So my question: Is it worth going for 3 piece rdn L accessories for the FD when you are near full FD where it makes a huge difference to have those 327 FD? Or is it better ( as FD ruina player ) to skip that, and get the FD elsewhere, so you can craft those techniques?

Btw why p.atk + ele? should be crit + ele or not? I know you dont need crit as an Agi class, but best ele IMO is ice. I guess it would be worth sacrifizing 1,3k p.atk.

#15 Yuthz

Yuthz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Salt, Liestar
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:55 PM

All of Machina/Patrona/Ruina skills as far as I know (the damage ones at least) gets +10% dmg with skill accessories this is a new change which will happen to other classes as well in the future because of 90 tech accessories. Leap Over Lv. 19 without plate 4.4k+ board dmg (<3)

Beat Down is actually a good skill with its 14 sec CD.

#16 iBob

iBob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

I use overheat tech + skill up heraldry because it has the highgest board damage:

Leap over lv 18 has 3402% (4004% at +2)
Overheat lv 11 has 3622% (4263% at +2)

i Chose AS plate for overheat because i mostly use it only to initiate the overcharge. in order to get the high dmg u have to hit all 3 atks that appear uppon starting the skill. when u press leftclick uppon last hit Impact, u can just release left click and press again to stop overheat and iniciate overcharge (thats how i get my OP dmg there). Higher AS lets me get to overcharge faster. If im not mistaken the damage from skill plates does not apply for the following overcharge since it does not affect the written board damage.

And yes, we already do have the new tech Accessoires System (atleast for machina).

For all elemental ruinas, u should prioritice flow through cd over beat down damage imo, because u gain permanent and easy elemental resistance debuff by it.

#17 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:23 PM

View PostMrZeul, on 10 April 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

Seems like ruina needs all sort of +1 she can get. So my question: Is it worth going for 3 piece rdn L accessories for the FD when you are near full FD where it makes a huge difference to have those 327 FD? Or is it better ( as FD ruina player ) to skip that, and get the FD elsewhere, so you can craft those techniques?

Btw why p.atk + ele? should be crit + ele or not? I know you dont need crit as an Agi class, but best ele IMO is ice. I guess it would be worth sacrifizing 1,3k p.atk.
Obviously if you can get the FD somewhere else you should always get it from somewhere else (not only for Ruina).

So why is ice BEST ele?

#18 MrZeul

MrZeul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:51 AM

View PostWeapon7, on 10 April 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

Obviously if you can get the FD somewhere else you should always get it from somewhere else (not only for Ruina).

So why is ice BEST ele?

Should have been more precise: If you do not have the financial stability to get a 3rd stat FD plate, since you already have some. Worth sacrifizing +1 for rdn L accesory set, or do the damages of all +1 outweigh the FD you would get from set bonus?

Ice best ele because you can get it on earrings as well + only 2 bosses in RDN have Ice resist. According to a korean site, all other elements have 3 bosses to go through, while Ice has 2. Idk if Im allowed to link the site here, so I won´t.
But I haven´t dug deeper on it so it may be outdated/not our patch.

#19 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:48 AM

Yes ice is the least occuring resistance but, let's be real, it means compared to other elemental setups you do on one boss a bit more dmg. So if you consider this bosses as "who cares" why would you sacrifce dmg on rings and necklace basicly if you don't mandatory need tech earrings. Beside certain classes having AGI buffs like Ruina and Sniper, so I guess it's personal evaluation. I don't consider ICE the best element, except I would just use 0.01 seconds on my thought process.

#20 MrZeul

MrZeul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostWeapon7, on 11 April 2016 - 02:48 AM, said:

Yes ice is the least occuring resistance but, let's be real, it means compared to other elemental setups you do on one boss a bit more dmg. So if you consider this bosses as "who cares" why would you sacrifce dmg on rings and necklace basicly if you don't mandatory need tech earrings. Beside certain classes having AGI buffs like Ruina and Sniper, so I guess it's personal evaluation. I don't consider ICE the best element, except I would just use 0.01 seconds on my thought process.

"A bit more dmg". You would deal exactly 19,77% more dmg(15% from 0 ice resist; 4,77% from tech earrings). So basically 20% more dmg on a whole boss. I would consider this being huge, when more than one person in your party runs ice, which most of people seem to do ( I do not say "do", because I havent checked everyone elses ele jades ) from what I´ve been seeing. OfcI am not talking about the ultra pro´s with their full FD party´s, who can basically ignore everything because they are full FD and deal a shietload of dmg anyway. But for party´s clearing in like 50-60 mins it can make a very big difference. So sacrifizing like 3-5k of p-atk/m-atk for 20% more dmg, even on a single boss, seems worth for me.
Nevertheless it doenst answer my initial question though: 4xTech acces. +1 over 3 part RDN L acces. + 1xTechRing worth or not in terms of overall dmg?  Counting in the 300% more board dmg from e.g. leapover +1 compared to the + 7-8% more raw FD . Im not sure how to do the math there to define if it is worth so ye, asking you exp peeps :)

EDIT: Noticed a flaw in the above described scenario. The sacrifize of p-atk/m-atk would affect the whole nest, not only 1 boss. Need to do a little more math/research on that, forget what I said.

Edited by MrZeul, 11 April 2016 - 10:33 AM.