Lawless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:35 PM

Hi there  :D

I am currently using this build (PVE)

https://dnmaze.com/d...0---0--00--0---

But I saw plenty of Defensios carrying Foot Stomp/Follow up and also Follow Through. So I was wondering if it's worth investing points in them. If yes from where should I take points off?

Thanks x

#2 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:51 PM

You could still use it to decrease Taunting Blow cd, beside isnt it fun to do perma combos?

#3 Lawless

Lawless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

Yeah I wanted to take those skills so I don't have a too repetitive rotation. However I don't know what skills to decrease in order to get them. If you could help me it would be great :)

#4 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:41 PM

I have no Defensio (yet) myself, but why you max rock on and step up? aren't this basicly skills to initiate your Command Enhancments or to reduce your cd on Taunting Blow?

Maybe like this (just fast clicked not much thought into it)? https://dnmaze.com/d...0---0--00--0---

#5 Lawless

Lawless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:22 PM

Uhm.. Never thought of that lol Better to give more points to follow up or better 1 point follow up and 1 to follow through ? Not really expert with the Ruina side as I never used it lol

#6 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:48 PM

Idk if it's worth for you to put points into them beside one? maybe rather use them to make kidney 16?

#7 Lawless

Lawless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:49 PM

Okay thank you, will wait for someone else's point view too :D

#8 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:03 PM

I guess your point of view is what matters most. Idk how to DPS on Defensio, which matters most out of raid anyway, cause in raid you will be busy keeping up aggro and BtW, except there woul dbe another tank, but then there would be no need for Defensio I would say, So all your Gear Step+Command Enhancements are more for how you DPS outside of raids and that's most likely highest % + personal valuation.

#9 Lawless

Lawless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:29 AM

I often play outside raids, so often I have to dos rather than tanking. I understand Ruina would be more my type of class due to high dos but I enjoy more the acrobatics of Defensio, so will try to maximise my dps keeping my support capability open. But your insight made my mind clear, gonna opt for part of the Ruina tree for extra dps. Eventually will make a Ruina too :D Thankss x

#10 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:54 AM

Is Defensio skill based DPS or like Ruina Overcharging?

#11 Yuthz

Yuthz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Salt, Liestar
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:20 AM

View PostWeapon7, on 11 April 2016 - 03:54 AM, said:

Is Defensio skill based DPS or like Ruina Overcharging?

They don't have overcharge and charging gear takes a lot of time so I guess they are skill based.

#12 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:15 AM

Yeah meant charging gear (scrubby Ruina player throws them both in the same basket=charging). So yeah then idk exactly how to DPS but I guess over chained combos, like step->beat down->ducking->step up-leap over or whatever is used on Defensio.

#13 Lawless

Lawless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:32 PM

Skill based DPS. We have no use of charging gear at all as has not the dmg potential like it has on a Ruina. Our main source of DPS is BtW into Beat Down EXi which doesn't share CD with the normal Beat Down. And most of our skills are of fast CD cause of our Auto-Repair skill that reduces CDs of 7 seconds every time we use it. So I would say skills like Beat Down and Kindney Blow are pretty much spammable to an extent.

#14 SeeHam

SeeHam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • IScreaM
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:39 PM

i kinda used to charging gear after beatdown exi tho, since it is has the most powerful inherited damage in all of our skill currently, you can throw 3 hit of the most powerful damage u can see with defensio with just abit of charge time (:>)and save u for the trouble to click another skill

#15 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:39 PM

@weppy

Defensio's Main DPS comes from Charging Gear. Same combos as Ruina but with an extra Beat Down EXi and a Charging Gear of 3 hits instead of 12.

Useless class is useless

#16 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:03 PM

Will see, my defensio is 90 aswell. Might test it out one day. For now have to get used to spam dailies to prepare for the next month.

#17 SeeHam

SeeHam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • IScreaM
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:42 PM

whats going to come out next month that has anything related to daily?? O.o

#18 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:14 PM

View PostSeeHam, on 15 April 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

whats going to come out next month that has anything related to daily?? O.o

Confidential!

Edited by Weapon7, 15 April 2016 - 09:14 PM.