Jasel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Jasel
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NB_re

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:50 AM

Why did they have to "fix" it by turning it into a dps..? That's plain stupid. They could had refined the support side by a lot, as there's already a lot of DPS classes in this game (and too few tanks).

#42 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:04 AM

Why bother thinking weird supportish mechanics to allow her to compete vs Guardian/Destroyer when you can just invrease her % on all skills and remove provoke from Tauting Blow and call it explosive blow LMAO

#43 Jasel

Jasel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Jasel
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NB_re

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:05 AM

View PostRokes, on 25 April 2016 - 03:04 AM, said:

Why bother thinking weird supportish mechanics to allow her to compete vs Guardian/Destroyer when you can just invrease her % on all skills and remove provoke from Tauting Blow and call it explosive blow LMAO

Because then the devs would not look like if they were lazy asses in front of computers doing nothing but increasing numbers e_e. I can deal with a damage increase on the skills, if a feature gets removed is where I get upset (kinda like when they erased the nests for no reason).

#44 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:23 PM

Well... I recently did a RDN hc run with my team with my defensio as main tank, and yeah, despite being overwhelmed by guardian and soon destro, she isnt that bad as a tank, perma high SA, self heal and cure, huge def buff and a shell which cant be buff wiped unlike GF, so yeah, definitly not as good as guard but not as bad as you might think, for instance, in dragon phase 1, spacebar mech which starts by a buff wipe, GF would be gone and assuming one fails the mech, 3 hits from tornado would kill in hc, but if you manage to act fast enough and btw before the mech occurs, you can actually save lives ! :D

Back to the topic now, devs are just lazy... As some said, giving defensio a bigger range on btw and aggro value for taunting blow would make her on par or not so much below guard as she still remains harder than guard to master, but well, who knows ? Devs might say something and come up with something totally different... Remember that white assassin class mentionned in the machina conference ? The hero skills (argenta/velskud/geraint) which even had a preview ? We got none of those. So.. I'd suggest to wait and see as devs love to go back on their words...

PS : Pick a god and pray... Defensio is in danger T.T

Edited by ShineFactor, 25 April 2016 - 08:26 PM.

#45 Jasel

Jasel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Jasel
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NB_re

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:08 PM

I would really like to know what's the opionion of asian players like towards the future changes of this class. My main problem is that I don't understand or read the languages, so that is GG for me, and I bet devs will only listen to their main servers (Korea and maybe China). As you said, this will be about waiting and seeing what happens to Defensio (I expect a name change together with the changes tho if they are turning it into DPS :C).

Posted Image

Edited by Jasel, 25 April 2016 - 09:47 PM.

#46 Schiz

Schiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:07 PM

just give beyond the wall less clunky animation and give beyond the wall EX less ****ty range (so that ruina doesn't become ridiculous) and you have a tank on par with the others, what's so hard about it that you have to give up and turn it into another dps lol

guardian does no damage and its super wanted in parties so dmg wouldn't be an issue

if you want to balance things with guardian and destro just bump both duration and CD up, so you lose the spammability but you have the advantage of the fact that it doesn't get buff wiped (would make for better ruina gameplay, and it would make defensio stand out more since with repair you can mitigate that increased CD)

that's just something I came up in 15 seconds and probably not optimal but seriously how hard is it to fix a class in PvE especially when the lack of damage is not the issue '-'

Edited by Schiz, 25 April 2016 - 10:13 PM.

#47 Jasel

Jasel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Jasel
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NB_re

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:51 PM

View PostSchiz, on 25 April 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

guardian does no damage and its super wanted in parties so dmg wouldn't be an issue

Guardian does deal some serious damage tho (not to be compared with a dps class). Defensio also has some damaging capacity and buffing it a little bit would not be so bad. The mistake here would be trying to make it a dps. I agree with the rest of your post, as it would be extremely easy to fix defensio as a viable tank.

#48 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:14 AM

Btw autojump same range as Guardian force with same duration while keeping its 10sec CD.

Defensio top tank, easy. But NOOOOOOOO better make it DPS

Edited by Rokes, 26 April 2016 - 04:14 AM.

#49 Jasel

Jasel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Jasel
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NB_re

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:54 AM

View PostRokes, on 26 April 2016 - 04:14 AM, said:

Btw autojump same range as Guardian force with same duration while keeping its 10sec CD.

Defensio top tank, easy. But NOOOOOOOO better make it DPS

Agreed. Well, sort of, I don't want my guard obsolete, but I want Defensio to be viable as well e-e.

Edited by Jasel, 26 April 2016 - 08:54 AM.

#50 Ciorra

Ciorra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Ciorra
  • DN, Westwood
  • Amity

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

Ruina for pve, Defensio for pvp.