• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#1 Visage

Visage

• 540 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:27 PM

http://dn.cherrycredits.com/img/news/notice.png

Dear Players,

It has come to our attention that more and more players have began using illegal characters in their character names.

We wish to remind players that only Alphabets and numbers are allowed. Any other form of characters (including spaces) that does not conform are flagged as illegal and therefore violating the abuse policy, under the Inappropriate Names section.

Therefore, players have up till Monday, 18th April, 1200HRS (GMT+8) to make the appropriate changes to their character names.

After which, any characters whom have yet to do so will be dealt with in accordance to the abuse policy.

Click here for more information on Inappropriate Names.

Thank you.

#2 Visage

Visage

• 540 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

Reserved.

#3 Elcine

Elcine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:30 PM

so... they were given the cash item char name change ?

#4 Jina

Jina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Teinia
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • DragonReign

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

So you are trying to say that characters which are for example named ''Mark." With a dot at the end are qualified and listen as illegal? This is just funny. I understand that you all want to prevent names like S.luttyW.h.ore or etc. But there are many players who use dots in a non offensive manner.

#5 BelleFlum

BelleFlum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • BelleFlum
  • DN, Holywood
  • HallowedPhantoms

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:36 PM

View PostElcine, on 14 April 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

(one)

#6 ColdAsHell

ColdAsHell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:40 PM

(ok)

#7 HisCato

HisCato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2538 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • At the end of Rainbow

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:40 PM

View PostJina, on 14 April 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

So you are trying to say that characters which are for example named ''Mark." With a dot at the end are qualified and listen as illegal? This is just funny. I understand that you all want to prevent names like S.luttyW.h.ore or etc. But there are many players who use dots in a non offensive manner.

actually.. you EUs have allowable dots, hyphens, symbols right o.o? i dunno how you guys name your characs in EU by the way., but I know you have more freedom than us o-o.

but here at SEA, it has been not only troublesome but has been .. uh how do I say this, became too extreme to the point players start to impersonate, scam, blah and blah.
--
name players ples with 'dickbut' who refuse to change name or who doesn't want to get suspended
edit: another line

Edited by HisCato, 14 April 2016 - 08:00 PM.

#8 Huesenberg

Huesenberg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Rorentsu
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:47 PM

(clap)

#9 ahwenn

ahwenn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:48 PM

Err, of course no? It's CC, what do you think?
I thought all of you say CC are cash milkers? LOL
Or perhaps you guys could wait till Monday 11.50am (GMT+8) to find out. (;])

Edited by ahwenn, 14 April 2016 - 07:50 PM.

#10 Ennemie

Ennemie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1933 posts
  • Ennemie
  • DN, Holywood
  • GM of MysticClaN

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:54 PM

What is a special character?

#11 Gricia

Gricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • DN, Westwood
  • WellcomPC

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:56 PM

So… what if some players changed their name today before this announcement release? They can't meet the deadline by Monday 12pm to change back their names since players can only change name again after 7 days.

#12 Elcine

Elcine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostEnnemie, on 14 April 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

you (;])

#13 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 970 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:00 PM

An even better solution would be to create a unique custom-width / fixed-height bitmap font for DN and simply map key presses to what is strictly allowed. I understand it is against the abuse policy, however the term 'special characters' was never strictly defined, and on top of that, the previous mechanism that prevented players from creating a character with such a name was removed. It is simply ludicrous to expect players to shell out money for a name change.

Edited by Riuga, 14 April 2016 - 08:02 PM.

#14 Jina

Jina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Teinia
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • DragonReign

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostHisCato, on 14 April 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

actually.. you EUs have allowable dots, hyphens, symbols right o.o? i dunno how you guys name your characs in EU by the way., but I know you have more freedom than us o-o.

but here at SEA, it has been not only troublesome but has been .. uh how do I say this, became too extreme to the point players start to impersonate, scam, blah and blah.
--
name players ples with 'dickbut' who refuse to change name or who doesn't want to get suspended

edit: another line

Yes you are right, for example I want to call my character Anna which is of course already used. I can easily do .Anna. .Anna Anna. _Anna and many more. I tried to play SEA once and needed to spam X's in my name as it was taken and no special characters were allowed. (oo) Yes we do have much more freedom with names, that's for sure.

That's just sad...I mean in our one there are some silly censors like for example I can't call my character 'Jina' or some other normal names because of censorship in the character creation but saying it in the chat is fine and needed to call my character Vivin. But that's not such a big problem just some people want be trolls and call their characters any bad offensive word and just add a dot in between so it won't be registered as a swear word. But that's not really an issue at us as we turn a blind eye over those.

I haven't played SEA enough to know how big the issue is. From UK my ping was terrible of course and I just wanted to try the machina there before it came to EU but from your words I can see it's getting pretty bad. (T.T)

#15 Ning

Ning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Lottiiee
  • DN, Holywood
  • Fidelity

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:10 PM

what should we do about this matter .. is there a free change name or we should buy a change name ?? (sob)
and i have a suggestion (:>)
make an event and the reward will be "free change name coupon" (:[)

#16 Savage83

Savage83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So if I didn't change my Character's name (Because I don't have money, CC and gold as of now), the GMs will Change my character's name?

that is according to what i have read.

Nickname of the player’s character will be changed at the GM’s discretion.

#17 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

You never had an official definition of special character, if you are not giving those people name changers you are basically extorting them as technically they did nothing wrong. Without a proper definition your clause doesn't hold, for all we know those players thought it was a feature.

#18 HisCato

HisCato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2538 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • At the end of Rainbow

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:12 PM

View PostJina, on 14 April 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

Yes you are right, for example I want to call my character Anna which is of course already used. I can easily do .Anna. .Anna Anna. _Anna and many more. I tried to play SEA once and needed to spam X's in my name as it was taken and no special characters were allowed. (oo) Yes we do have much more freedom with names, that's for sure.

That's just sad...I mean in our one there are some silly censors like for example I can't call my character 'Jina' or some other normal names because of censorship in the character creation but saying it in the chat is fine and needed to call my character Vivin. But that's not such a big problem just some people want be trolls and call their characters any bad offensive word and just add a dot in between so it won't be registered as a swear word. But that's not really an issue at us as we turn a blind eye over those.

I haven't played SEA enough to know how big the issue is. From UK my ping was terrible of course and I just wanted to try the machina there before it came to EU but from your words I can see it's getting pretty bad. (T.T)

pst. to further explain. i want you to see it yourself (:>)
other one on abuse sect. also posted on bug sect.

#19 StLucifeR

StLucifeR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

tssss....... how can other players change night at a short span of time ? srsly..

#20 Ennemie

Ennemie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1933 posts
  • Ennemie
  • DN, Holywood
  • GM of MysticClaN

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

é è etc are still considered to be alphabets
The only difference is that before, we weren't able to use them to create characters, but we can now.
So basically, CC is punishing people for something that they themselves could have prevented? A.k.a, a failure to implement proper restrictions?