• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#21 RageBlast

RageBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:16 PM

While I'm usually against most of CC's methods, I really love this one (:D)

Serves those little wannabe attention hippsters right, I mean you could have left it at just using symbols in game but you had to be that attention seeking bob and go fully genius mode.

Well played CC (clap)

#22 Kouya

Kouya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

Please let us type chinese words in chatting!!

Edited by Kouya, 14 April 2016 - 08:17 PM.

#23 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:18 PM

View PostEnnemie, on 14 April 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

What is a special character?
é è etc are still considered to be alphabets
The only difference is that before, we weren't able to use them to create characters, but we can now.
So basically, CC is punishing people for something that they themselves could have prevented? A.k.a, a failure to implement proper restrictions?

I'm repeating this until we get a reply.

#24 Elcine

Elcine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:18 PM

i wanna see a GM say  You have been KANG'ED in game (hat)

#25 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:22 PM

View PostJina, on 14 April 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

Yes you are right, for example I want to call my character Anna which is of course already used. I can easily do .Anna. .Anna Anna. _Anna and many more. I tried to play SEA once and needed to spam X's in my name as it was taken and no special characters were allowed. (oo) Yes we do have much more freedom with names, that's for sure.

That's just sad...I mean in our one there are some silly censors like for example I can't call my character 'Jina' or some other normal names because of censorship in the character creation but saying it in the chat is fine and needed to call my character Vivin. But that's not such a big problem just some people want be trolls and call their characters any bad offensive word and just add a dot in between so it won't be registered as a swear word. But that's not really an issue at us as we turn a blind eye over those.

I haven't played SEA enough to know how big the issue is. From UK my ping was terrible of course and I just wanted to try the machina there before it came to EU but from your words I can see it's getting pretty bad. (T.T)
Even i consider swearing name is normal but impersonating other ppl with same name,using it as scam,etc will cause even more trouble here in SEA.
I am lazy to SS but theres a Famous person named Aldorique already bashed by alot of haters and trying to impersonate the guild/or himself and also trying to scam.

Theres also a report about someone scammed by Game Master (Newbies), and quit due the scam.

Here in SEA isnt like EU, even you got a good Events/Community/no discrimination thing while in SEA.
As if that thing exist

#26 Pecupecu

Pecupecu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 861 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:31 PM

View PostXaelCry, on 14 April 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

Even i consider swearing name is normal but impersonating other ppl with same name,using it as scam,etc will cause even more trouble here in SEA.
I am lazy to SS but theres a Famous person named Aldorique already bashed by alot of haters and trying to impersonate the guild/or himself and also trying to scam.

Theres also a report about someone scammed by Game Master (Newbies), and quit due the scam.

Here in SEA isnt like EU, even you got a good Events/Community/no discrimination thing while in SEA.
As if that thing exist

Can confirm this,
Lots of bluebirds of it earlier and tonight.

#27 GEMELLA

GEMELLA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:32 PM

what we're going to do ? delete? how about who got lvl 90 with special characters . how can u solved this. if we delete it need 7 days to perma delete

#28 GEMELLA

GEMELLA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:34 PM

what will we do ? Delete? need 7 days to perma delete . how about who got lvl 90  with special charactes |? srsly

#29 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:34 PM

View PostGEMELLA, on 14 April 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

what we're going to do ? delete? how about who got lvl 90 with special characters . how can u solved this. if we delete it need 7 days to perma delete
They'll randomly change your name.
If you got caught impersonating it'll result ban 7 days.

#30 khangpro

khangpro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:35 PM

that is your fault, not our fault!! this is not a fair to us cost 11300CC to change our name!!

#31 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5941 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:37 PM

The main problem is not the use special characters, its because some brilliant and mature person decided to abuse it for typing vulgar words as character names...

Edited by xEquation, 14 April 2016 - 08:38 PM.

#32 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:42 PM

It is a giant pain in the buttocks to ship a font along with a game. They're all licensed, and sadly the more 'readable' ones tend to have restrictive licenses. Even what DN is using now, in other words Arial, requires a license from Microsoft.

DN and a few other games can dodge this by not distributing the font, but rather hope the end user on a Windows PC has the Arial font installed (which they should in all cases), search for the appropriate ttf in the Fonts folder, and read it into memory from there.

A consequence of this laziness, and by laziness I mean not going the extra mile to make your own font set(s) which is basically standard in a lot of indie game projects, especially those hoping to go cross-platform in the future. Even for my game, I'm requesting 2 complete font sets to be made, with one already complete. As I was saying, a consequence of this laziness is the extra burden to manage 'illegal characters', which is something I believe ED basically slacked on (no offense).

Edited by Riuga, 14 April 2016 - 08:43 PM.

#33 durhhhh

durhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • xXEoEXx
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:51 PM

This is Fun to watch. (clap) (clap)  
Can't wait to see people get ban HAHAHA.

#34 Sammixo

Sammixo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

ABUSE POLICY!!!!!

Use of special characters in name"
OFFENSES!
1st OFFENSES
Nickname of the player’s character will be changed at the GM’s discretion!
2nd and 3rd offenses
If player continues to create multiple characters with inappropriate Names, the player’s game account will be banned permanently.

#35 vladimira

vladimira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:06 PM

First, as the game grows, many people plays Dragon nest. Some make more than one character, so the main problem is to think of your character's name. Every time you input your desired name it is always already taken by someone so you need to think all over again. (i dont like to put numbers in my character's name so this problem always happened to me)
So my suggestion is to extend from 10 letters to 13 or 15 letters.

Second, i saw comments that are assuming that you guys will ban players, i think it is too much if you ban people because of "your" glitch,
I suggest you guys reset their names back to its original IGN (i think you guys have a power to do that), or if the IGNs made that way, you guys should provide or chop to half price the change name.
My god its so expensive, many players cant make it through deadline.

This is just my suggestion, i dont use special character in my IGN :) :) :)

LASTLY, is "Bh0SzCriMez" or "MizSLokk4H" treated as special character?
hope they include jejes in people who need to change name

Edited by vladimira, 15 April 2016 - 04:57 AM.

#36 Yoga888

Yoga888

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts
  • Rheinjiro, Shagaris
  • DN, Greenwood
  • -in DN just for the sake of Fashion- currently on Hiatus

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:08 PM

woah finally... a good move (lol)

#37 Leppy

Leppy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:19 PM

Doesn't mean you could, doesn't mean you should.

#38 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:20 PM

View PostRiuga, on 14 April 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

It is a giant pain in the buttocks to ship a font along with a game. They're all licensed, and sadly the more 'readable' ones tend to have restrictive licenses. Even what DN is using now, in other words Arial, requires a license from Microsoft.

DN and a few other games can dodge this by not distributing the font, but rather hope the end user on a Windows PC has the Arial font installed (which they should in all cases), search for the appropriate ttf in the Fonts folder, and read it into memory from there.

A consequence of this laziness, and by laziness I mean not going the extra mile to make your own font set(s) which is basically standard in a lot of indie game projects, especially those hoping to go cross-platform in the future. Even for my game, I'm requesting 2 complete font sets to be made, with one already complete. As I was saying, a consequence of this laziness is the extra burden to manage 'illegal characters', which is something I believe ED basically slacked on (no offense).

One of the only few here who knows their thing.

Nothing is easy when shipping a game but as a consumer I am entitled to what I paid for. So stop slacking CC.

#39 TheDorkLord

TheDorkLord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:25 PM

View PostElcine, on 14 April 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

so... they were given the cash item char name change ?

They buy one... (hat) (hat) (hat)

#40 alablagablab

alablagablab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:28 PM

There's an issue in Holywood regarding Aldorique's poser. The poser, according to many, is a scammer. The poser uses a special "i" character to somewhat copy Aldorique's name. Aldorique won the battle in this one. Nice! Aldorique, not to mention, is a big CC spender. Nice! Hahaha!

Edited by alablagablab, 14 April 2016 - 09:31 PM.