#41 iPoncee

iPoncee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Zetheous
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:36 PM

LOL. It seems that this bug is intended in order to force victims to buy "change IGN coupon". (:D)

#42 KawaiiNekoChan

KawaiiNekoChan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Vercielo
  • DN, Springwood
  • Guild Hopping is Fun

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:38 PM

What kind of garbage is this DNSEA?
Why can't you put some codes in your system that can truly prevent anyone from putting your so called "SPECIAL CHARACTERS" in any name

rather than milking CASH from players who would be forced to buy the change name from the cash shop....
this is just so...LOW =_= ...very disappointed with how DNSEA handle their issues

#43 justicevigilante

justicevigilante

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:46 PM

to those who haven't still understand and is still trying to find that needle in the haystack getting that escape rope let me
just give you guys a simpe analogy:

let's say in your area you see 1 hot chick naked ready to be molested, it doesnt mean it's free to do so..
either you do molest her or not.. you must face the consequences of your action.. drugs is open to public
but anyone caught using it must face his/her consequence too. This minor situation about name isnt too far
similar with those cases.

CC has been to lenient for the past months or maybe a year. It's about time to uphold strict policy again
and i've been one of those who are using these special characters grabbing the chance to be able to use them
ingame even if it's just for time's sake but nevertheless i'm prepared from the start.

So to my co-( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ... it's ┼RIP( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)┼ time

#44 truedistance

truedistance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5543 posts
  • Bloomchild, etc.
  • DN, Greenwood
  • LuxAeterna/Servinity

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:56 PM

To those who haven't read the Abuse Policy, as in DN-INP-06, "Use of special characters in name" is part of the punishable offenses. It wasn't changed, so it would be wise if people stuck to the fact that only alphanumberic characters are allowed for use in character names, whether the fonts have changed or not.

So yeah, it's you guys' fault.

At least those with those wonky characters are gonna be renamed into something like Gosuk15077, etc. (:D)

Edited by truedistance, 14 April 2016 - 10:06 PM.

#45 IceCream1990

IceCream1990

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:04 PM

I knew this day will come.. I almost change to special chara name too.. And I suddenly remember the abuse policy.. Cancel my plan to change chara name..

#46 glenndn

glenndn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:06 PM

What do you mean we have until April 18 to change the names? Are you forcing us to buy the nickname change coupon from the Cash Shop? Or are you giving out the nickname change coupon to concerned players?

Please provide more information on how to change the character names if neither of the above is the way to resolve this.

You see, not all players will read the rules about proper naming their characters. They will just rely on their common sense that they should not name their characters using foul words, racist terms, etc. And they will rely on the system's restrictions. Meaning, if the system did not prompt any restrictions regarding special characters, then it is safe to think that it is allowed (for those who did not read the rules).

It would make more sense if you had just put a key trap or validation to your system, rather than expecting every player to have read the rules regarding character naming. It is just unfair to have the players concerned to be the ones blamed/forced to take action when clearly this was a fault of your system.

I'm hoping for a reasonable response from your team.

Edited by glenndn, 14 April 2016 - 11:10 PM.

#47 lexlexlex

lexlexlex

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3003 posts
  • ∞2012 - †2014
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • quitclub

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:27 PM

why care about the IGN's? most games
have little to no strict policy about it. i know player inside the gaem can be r3tarded to
whatever to do with their accounts, but seriously its just a game.
cmon? ethics and manners are still visible with the community?-lol

dont end the fun, the IGN are not relevant to what CC is supposedly prioritizing on taking action with

Edited by lexlexlex, 14 April 2016 - 10:29 PM.

#48 Hekiryu

Hekiryu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1005 posts
  • Hekiryu
  • DN, Westwood
  • Syntopia

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:34 PM

I remember someone said something like "It's none of your business whatever names he puts for his/her characters." (:>)

On a serious note, maybe some people decided to 'game' the system by letting people know that these things CAN be done, and thus, promote awareness not only to players but also to the Game Publishers which has led to THIS action. If that's the case, kudos to those who had the guts to risk their accounts in order to make a statement.

However, for those who did it just because they could and even flaunt them for their uber-creative names... S> Name Change Coupon... I'm kidding (:>)

What if there's actually a limit to the number of times you can change your name? (lol)

#49 truedistance

truedistance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5543 posts
  • Bloomchild, etc.
  • DN, Greenwood
  • LuxAeterna/Servinity

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:46 PM

whatever to do with their accounts, but seriously its just a game.

It's a game. And like most games, there are rules to be followed.
There's also a rule against inappropriate names, so it's not like they're doing this solely for the Name Change Coupons.

#50 StefSan

StefSan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3668 posts
  • NasagiChan
  • DN, Greenwood
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:48 PM

the funny thing is..

CC could easily write 1 simple code line which would prevent players to create IGNs with Special Character xyz...

but hey.. why make it easy when you can go the complicated way.. (:>)

And this is what i mean.

lately CC changes things since 90cap without testing properly or even try to test it before releasing it?

We could never do this kind of "special characters" before.. but now.. after they changed it to Aerial.. it's possible.
Why not test it before you let it out to public????

Edited by StefSan, 14 April 2016 - 10:50 PM.

#51 chillyfox

chillyfox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • chillyfox
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Huuwwaaaaa!

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:56 PM

well its about effin time CC. i've been seeing this so long and finally some corrections. i keep asking how did they even create a name and start a char.

#52 Bestracker

Bestracker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:08 PM

I " ñ " considered as a special character? Here in the Philippines it's a letter :3 ..

#53 Bestracker

Bestracker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:10 PM

they should have at least made a "soft keyboard" like the ones for secondary passwords that included the so called "legal characters"

#54 Lordghe

Lordghe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4401 posts
  • Pota Raven
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:11 PM

View Postkhangpro, on 14 April 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

that is your fault, not our fault!! this is not a fair to us cost 11300CC to change our name!!

i was ninja lurking the forums when i found this guy (clap) (clap) (clap)

Posted Image

let the drama begin br=

View PostStefSan, on 14 April 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

the funny thing is..

CC could easily write 1 simple code line which would prevent players to create IGNs with Special Character xyz...

but hey.. why make it easy when you can go the complicated way.. (:>)

And this is what i mean.

lately CC changes things since 90cap without testing properly or even try to test it before releasing it?

We could never do this kind of "special characters" before.. but now.. after they changed it to Aerial.. it's possible.
Why not test it before you let it out to public????

@at the red underlined part

wrong. if cc touches dn without the authority of eyederptity = ggwp for all sea players. breach of contract ftw (clap)

if you noticed CC cant do anything until eyederptity fixes it. and alas CC is a sitting duck until this is fixed thats my point in the other thread at GD

@edit: forgot to add this

for those who dont read before signing up

View Posttruedistance, on 14 April 2016 - 09:56 PM, said:

To those who haven't read the Abuse Policy, as in DN-INP-06, "Use of special characters in name" is part of the punishable offenses. It wasn't changed, so it would be wise if people stuck to the fact that only alphanumberic characters are allowed for use in character names, whether the fonts have changed or not.

So yeah, it's you guys' fault.

br=

ignorance to the law excuses no one (:>)

moar drama please (clap) (fire)

Posted Image

Edited by Lordghe, 14 April 2016 - 11:13 PM.

#55 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 846 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:17 PM

View PostInnocentuz, on 14 April 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

One of the only few here who knows their thing.

Nothing is easy when shipping a game but as a consumer I am entitled to what I paid for. So stop slacking CC.

I once refrained from posting a thread for this on General Discussion, but I believe it is time to bring it up for this case.

Dragon Nest uses FMOD Ex (fmodex.dll in the DN folder), which is a legacy version of a very old C++ Sound API popular among indie game developers. The API requires a 'credit requirement', which as stated on their website, should be in either an accompany ReadMe file, or on the game's splash screen.

I contacted Firelight Technologies about the matter a month ago, and surprising the CEO himself replied and literally confirmed my suspicions. This is the page for proof that he is the CEO, you can Control+F the phrase "Established in 2002 by CEO Brett Paterson"

Posted Image

This is relevant to the current discussion as it helps prove, along with the current font issues, that Eydentity is simply not doing their part in ensuring game quality. They aren't even respecting the licenses of the sound engine they use. I intend absolutely no offense to Eydentity, but even I as an independent game developer, have personally avoided the temptation of FMOD as I myself know that I absolutely do not want to promote another person or organization in my game. There are a few alternatives to FMOD out there, and one in particular which I will abbreviate as "ALS" does not require a credit notice as long as you're not shipping its dlls along with your distribution. You can get by with the DLL problem by shipping a slightly different version of the same DLL licensed under another organization. It only took me 3 days to find this legal 'loophole' in licensing that fits my game's needs. I believe Eydentity could have been more honest about all of this, or put some effort and use their lawyers to find a replacement sound API like I have done quite honestly.

View PostStefSan, on 14 April 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

CC could easily write 1 simple code line

/** Somwhere in bool FontString::appendChar(char c)
  * Assuming keyboard inputs get processed one byte at a time, thereby corrupting UTF-8 and its up to    * 4-char encoding standard
  **/
if(!(c == 32 || (c >= 48 && c <= 57) || (c >= 65 && c <= 90) || (c >= 97 && c <= 122))) return false;

Edited by Riuga, 14 April 2016 - 11:45 PM.

#56 Graupelle11

Graupelle11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:56 PM

For those children who are ranting, read this copy paste of my post from another thread in the GD. I did some small edits by the way.

CC is not liable for you, because it was your choice to do something that is against the in-game policy. Just because you can, it doesn't mean that you should do it. A policy is a policy, so you should face the consequences of your actions on your own.

And let me add to that A BIG NO! You are not in the right position to ask for a free name change card. SO DEAL WITH IT!

Edited by Graupelle11, 14 April 2016 - 11:57 PM.

#57 RageBlast

RageBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:01 AM

View PostKawaiiNekoChan, on 14 April 2016 - 09:38 PM, said:

What kind of garbage is this DNSEA?
Why can't you put some codes in your system that can truly prevent anyone from putting your so called "SPECIAL CHARACTERS" in any name

rather than milking CASH from players who would be forced to buy the change name from the cash shop....
this is just so...LOW =_= ...very disappointed with how DNSEA handle their issues

View Postglenndn, on 14 April 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:

What do you mean we have until April 18 to change the names? Are you forcing us to buy the nickname change coupon from the Cash Shop? Or are you giving out the nickname change coupon to concerned players?

Please provide more information on how to change the character names if neither of the above is the way to resolve this.

You see, not all players will read the rules about proper naming their characters. They will just rely on their common sense that they should not name their characters using foul words, racist terms, etc. And they will rely on the system's restrictions. Meaning, if the system did not prompt any restrictions regarding special characters, then it is safe to think that it is allowed (for those who did not read the rules).

It would make more sense if you had just put a key trap or validation to your system, rather than expecting every player to have read the rules regarding character naming. It is just unfair to have the players concerned to be the ones blamed/forced to take action when clearly this was a fault of your system.

I'm hoping for a reasonable response from your team.

geez so much hot steam coming out of these hippsters. If you play a game, you agree to the T&Cs. Thats when you tick box at the beginning of signing up with CC. You understood that breaking the rules will have consequences. Doing the mistake and then whining on the forums using emojis won't undo it.

Congratulations, you wanted all to be recognized and you all are - on the 7 days ban list (:D) (oo) (:D)

#58 Pecupecu

Pecupecu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 861 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:30 AM

View PostGraupelle11, on 14 April 2016 - 11:56 PM, said:

For those children who are ranting, read this copy paste of my post from another thread in the GD. I did some small edits by the way.

And let me add to that A BIG NO! You are not in the right position to ask for a free name change card. SO DEAL WITH IT!

They'll get a free name change alright into dikbutz1234 or gosuk666

#59 glenndn

glenndn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:31 AM

It is true that ignorance to the law is not an excuse. But the thing here is the change in the system that allowed the special characters. Actually, as a  system developer myself, it is a standard that if you do not want special characters or certain characters, you should put validations for them. And only make rules for things you cannot make validations for like, in this context, vulgar/foul words, racist terms, etc. It is also a formality to also include in the rules that the special characters are not allowed even when there is already a validation system.

Reality is, you cannot blame people for inputting characters that were allowed by the system.

If this is a another kind of system, and you did not put validations on lets say 'phone number' field and allowed people to put in alphabets. EVEN if its common sense that people should only put numbers on that field, it is the system's fault if it allowed and accepted alphabets.

In relation to the issue at hand. Weeks ago, we had this validation system that did not allow special characters. But after the change in font, it appeared that special characters were allowed. Was it the player's fault that after the change in font, the special characters were suddenly allowed by the system? And now they are kinda like forcing people to spend just to change the names of their characters.

Don't just say that it is 'drama' when people complain about this issue. People are trying to point out the faults of the managing side. While you are saying things like 'breach of contract' that does not even have truth or confirmation, because I believe that they have enough rights to put in validations, change prices, allot prizes for events , etc to conform to their business rules or intentions.

If it is in fact that there will be a breach of contract when they touch the game, then why did CC not contact the game devs about the validation on special characters? Just after noticing that there are more and more players using special characters, only then that they would take action. Actually, they are not doing anything, they are making players do the action. They would rather just enforce their rules because this is the EASIEST way on their part. They don't even consider their faults, and the interests of the players. (No wonder why the community is no longer growing)

I'm just saying these things because I can see that those concerned players are kinda being oppressed. And not because I wanted to be recognized. Also before mentioning about the T&C, please read them first before implying that there are statements there that are related to the issue at hand. Get your facts straight, so people can put more credibility on your statements. Otherwise, you are the hipster. (no)

#60 Argentix

Argentix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:11 AM

so why is it suddenly allowed in the system (it used to NOT LET you use those chars in name)? if its a bug at least cc should give rename cards and not ask us to buy them