• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lawless

Lawless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:19 AM

Hello there! Can anyone share their hotkeys and what plates they use for their Ruina?

Anyone could give me a tip? In pve is it essential "duck-combos" ? Cause I mostly chain skills to Commdan Enhancement and then chain (mostly Beat down,Kidney and Knee to Overcharge) or should I master duck chaining too?

Thank you! x

#2 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:35 AM

http://forum.cherryc...a-skill-plates/

#3 Elcine

Elcine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:08 AM

i use C X V R T and Z

#4 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2752 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:27 AM

Duck chaining will become less significant once the IDN patch arrives as you collect 8 steam per second with the channeling skill.

View PostElcine, on 17 April 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

i use C X V R T and Z

Please don't idolise and follow wrongly...

#5 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:35 AM

View PostXenocho, on 17 April 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

Duck chaining will become less significant once the IDN patch arrives as you collect 8 steam per second with the channeling skill.

Please don't idolise and follow wrongly...

EU has that already.

Suck is kinda completely useless for optimal gameplay

#6 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2752 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:13 AM

View PostRokes, on 19 April 2016 - 04:35 AM, said:

EU has that already.

Suck is kinda completely useless for optimal gameplay

Surprising. It should help slightly isn't it? Of course ducking +1 is the 'fastest' but if you have no steam and no overcharge, 10s is very long to wait.

#7 Schiz

Schiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:28 PM

Ducking +1 ring means sacrificing a nice chunk of damage on Kidney Blow / Leap Over / Beat Down (and it's already a pick 2 out of 3 situation, so you're just making it worse)

Right now getting 30 stacks takes less than 4 seconds so it is way, way faster and safer. If you're afraid you're going to get hit by a swipe or whatever just cast beyond the wall beforehand and tank for those 3 seconds so you won't get interrupted.

Ruina has the potential to dps ALL the time, so any time I waste rocking back and forth like a special kid is one (or more) 300m+ overcharging hits worth of damage I'm NOT dealing.
Just learn when you can rebuff without losing damage or putting yourself in danger.

Since for now the only issue with debuffs comes with RDN:

- Stage 1: you can rebuff and recharge your stacks before even jumping platforms
- Stage 2: as soon as bar mech starts, just position yourself so you don't die
- Stage 3: purple colour is a *****, but it's not like spamming ducking will make you any safer. Any other instance, you can rebuff after bar mechs
- Stage 4: get to your position at blue, cast BtW so you dont get flinched by the ball and refill. Dodge red ball (ex) and overclock, if you're the marked one that'll have to wait a bit but again, not exactly a good time to use ducking either. Rebuff after yellow can be annoying if the boss does one of the previous mechs right after but again 10 sec CD will be gone by then so you can rinse repeat
- Stage 5: HUEHUEHEUEHUEHUE better dodge the debuffs cause suction and bar mech are annoying enough '-'
- BDN: just care of swipes in HC, can refill during side/front breath or right after dodging a swipe, can facetank stomps with BtW and overclock
- RDN: plenty of idle phases anytime the boss flies away, spirits in HC are annoying cause it's one more buff wipe to deal with but you can overclock as soon as the spirit mech has been dealt with and you'll be at full stacks well before the dragon lands back

On no situation using ducking is faster or safer than overclocking if you have the slightest awareness of boss attack and mech patterns.

Edited by Schiz, 19 April 2016 - 06:31 PM.

#8 iBob

iBob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:41 AM

Ducking is not essential to build up Ruinas damage but if u got used to her moving and skilltiming u will notice that u can waste a lot of time by NOT using ducking.

For example: Foot stomp pressed as skill on skillbar makes the machina stomp the foot, then rush Forward. If u press leftclick after ducking u will rush Forward alrdy thus allowing u to use the debuff faster.

Same applies to rock away to Kidney blow. If u ever used the infinite rock away - ducking technique u will know what i am talking about.

So if u do it like dis:

foot stomp - flow thru  overheat - overcharge - overcharge - foot stomp - flow thru - kidney EXi - beat down - overcharge - foot stomp - flow thru - rock away - kidney blow - overcharge - overcharge

it will be much faster by adding ducking after each (last) overcharge (or after Flow thru to triger rock away - kdiney blow)

But this requires insane ammount of concentration and Knowledge of the Bosses attack Patterns and a Guardian for Guardian force as u wont have time to cast beyond the wall (Unless u mastered this to an extend where u dont Need btw anymore because yeah, u dodge by duck chaining but i guess that might take a "short" wile)

additionally u might deal so much damage in the Party, that after one overcharge the boss will start some interrupting Mechanic wich Forces u to stop dpsing. This would render ducking useless again

But if u are a Cauda equipped Ruina as main dps in an abn / manti hc (or even ddl hc) Party, then i guess u can make good use of the time u spare using Ducking. (Or when u are soloing one of those)