Jasel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Jasel
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • NB_re

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

Disclaimer: This is intended to be a civilized thread which will try to show a personal point of view about the reality in forums and in-game as perceived by me. If you do not agree with what's being said in this thread, feel free to present your reasons in a civil and structured way so we can all discuss it and, hopefully, someone will read the feedback section. I encourage you to participate so that in the unlikely case this thread is noticed it might be useful for something. If you do not like walls of text, read the underlined sections only.

So... we've been playing with CC as a publisher for a while now, and I think they have done some good things for the game and the server's health (for instance, that massive gold sink event with mounts, or the rushing updates we've got). They also keep bringing on events regularly (the quality of which is not something I will discuss in this thread) and have managed (In a very relative way) to temporarily slow down the rate at which the server is dying. This is good, because it somehow shows us that we can play more of this game which we like (or at least its combat system). However, there is something ShandaEU had and CC seems to absolutely lack, and this is communication with their customers.

First, I believe this is not a secret to anyone, but the presence of Game Masters in the game is absolutely unnoticeable. I see (maybe more often that I'd want) people requesting a GM's help or advice and getting zero replies or (in the best case scenario) help from regular players. I don't really think a GM's function is really necessary, but since we have (don't we?) some of them, what if they showed up in world chat from time to time? At least, that way, people would know they exist and that they are online, and would be able to ask all the questions they have. Even better: Create a timetable showing the hours at which GMs will be online ingame, so that even if the GMs are online for less time, people will be able to get their doubts answered and their problems dealt with.

Secondly, the ticketing system is either faulty or people dealing with tickets are just too lazy to deal with them. I've had unanswered tickets for more than a week, and even a month now (which is plain unacceptable, if you ask me), and have had tickets answered with automatic replies even after specifically stating my problem and telling in detail and in a civilized manner what I had read and getting the same reply over and over. This is something that I do not know how to fix but, well... feeling ignored by customer service and support staff does make players like me feel redundant. You may not care about your players, but at least try to pretend you do. A more personalized reply (usually caring about something more than the ticket's title) would do good at conveying more care than the usual adressed-to-nobody reply I will never get used to.

Finally, the function of moderators in the forums is uncertain. When I first posted in the new forums, I was glad to see I got an almost immediate reply by Mantou (one of the moderators) welcoming us and explaining to everyone how to identify a moderator in the forum by the "flag" under their name. But well... the only staff members I have ever seen are Mantou, Lemonteaz and CCHelper. Leaving CCHelper's function appart (he seems to be there only to tell he has forwarded a problem to competent personnel), the other two have almost zero presence on the forums. Why is this? Well, Lemonteaz does post every website event that's been announced (and sometimes update the FAQ of the event). But that's it. I never see a moderator participating in any discussion, be it feedback, general, or event-related.

I know staff members might have found a raging community at the beginning (we came from a server wipe after all), but I think things have settled down a bit now. I've seen lots of threads that were trying to catch a moderator's attention. Many people have doubts and concerns that a moderator could soothe or deal with in less than four lines of text. And many of the people that make an effort to write a thread would like to know their feedback doesn't go to waste. That's why I dare to ask you to show yourselves. Some people believe that staff members read the forum because some event combinations (and the FAQs) have been suggested before. However, there's no proof of this. And I am sure nobody would be angry at a moderator doing their job. You see, Shanda's forums were both active and interactive. Distinguised forum moderators were in close contact with the administration and were able to deliver fast and reliable answers, or just provide their opinion and advice if they didn't know what to reply. Sometimes, people just need a simple reply, I mean: Who wants to be unnoticed on a forum? Showing them you read their feedback or that you are there generates more customer trust than any flashy media advertisement or event you could come up with.

Anyway, this is my honest and almost salt-free feedback on CC's comunication with their clients on Dragon Nest EU. As stated in the disclaimer, if you have any constructive feedback to deliver to moderators and support staff, or a point you want to discuss about my thread, feel free to do so in the posts underneath this one both if you agree or disagree with me. I do feel identified with what I typed, so I don't know what are your feelings about this issue (you might be unaware or unaffected by this), feel free to share those as well here. And if you are a moderator reading this, make me know you exist. I know you do because you sometimes leave a like on certain posts e-e...

Edited by Jasel, 07 May 2016 - 09:00 PM.

#2 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:17 PM

I gonna give you my point of view since you are not getting any official answer or attention from the staff.

First off, a forum is a place for players to answer players, the function of moderators in the forum is not to participate in the discussion but to control that discussion doesn't get out of control. The figure the we had under old publisher of moderators that were also normal players was just wrong: abuse of power, corruption, information leaks, abuse of privileged information to gain benefit from the market... are just examples of that. It was nice to have un"official" answers every once in a while but in the end ut was just worse. So as some people had said already, CC has already tried this and discarted it.

2nd, it is widely known that asian companies do not care about customer satisfaction, specially with bussineses with an expiration date as DN is, they are here to try to gain money and close the server once it is not profitable anymore. They are not here for the "long run", since these kind of games can never last.

3rd, you can never make everyone happy, using just the example of the current event, if they are not gonna give you more geraints no matter what, what can they say to make you happy and shut up? NOTHING.
if they say it was once per account you would complain about not being stated, if they say they are giving one geraint per account due to not reaching first tier, you are gonna complain about it not being fair to people who bought more boxes, so what can they say to make you shut up and not keep complaining? Exactly, they might as well just ignore you since answering you won't do anything, and they do not want to give the Geraints.

4th. Post sale customer satisfaction is not gonna give you more sales, shiny stuff with OP stats and updates are gonna give you more sales.  You can argue that if a customer is happy he is gonna rebuy in the future, but thats just what a "long run" game company will think, there is no point doing that on situations like this, were the game is just trying to squeeze money, and the effort put in that is not worth the reward. Just look at people like the seefield guy, complained for weeks about shìt and the moment we got a good cash shop update he charged half his salary into the game. Smart people would not charge the ammounts worthy enough for attention, only rètards do, and rètards do not care about a reply from a ticket since they do not care at all about it. The way CC is handling things is gonna work for them (and its working) as long as they keep implementing decent cash shop updates.

Customer trust is not gained by saying nice words and keeping people happy, its gained by not fishing up completely like shanda did, they had a nice support team answering everything fast just to hide all the shìt they were lacking, like a backup server.

In conclusion, being more active on the community and forums is worthless from CCs point of view, and making posts like this is not gonna change that. The sooner you realize that the better for yourself

#3 Zay

Zay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:24 AM

View PostJasel, on 07 May 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

First, I believe this is not a secret to anyone, but the presence of Game Masters in the game is absolutely unnoticeable. I see (maybe more often that I'd want) people requesting a GM's help or advice and getting zero replies or (in the best case scenario) help from regular players. I don't really think a GM's function is really necessary, but since we have (don't we?) some of them, what if they showed up in world chat from time to time? At least, that way, people would know they exist and that they are online, and would be able to ask all the questions they have. Even better: Create a timetable showing the hours at which GMs will be online ingame, so that even if the GMs are online for less time, people will be able to get their doubts answered and their problems dealt with.

Some GMs are actually online sometimes, but really not that often. Yeah, a lot of people are requesting the help of a GM, but in most cases a GM is not really necessary, a normal player or at least a DNM can help them. I've been answering a lot of questions from people asking in world chat for GMs when I have time and most of the time they're just asking basic questions like how they can finish a quest or how can they do their specialization. Exactly for those kind of things the DNM channel exists, where people can ask all kind of questions or just simply talk with each other.

I think creating a timetable where people could see when GMs are around to help with question would be a good idea in theory, but doesn't work out in reality, because the GMs are busy pretty much all of the time and they don't have spare time for this kind of things everyday at the same time.

Things weren't easy for CC aswell, since they took on a completely broken server with a angry, sad and dissatisfied community where everyone needed someone to bash on. Luckily, in my eyes, CC is improving more and more lately, so I really look forward to what they make out of DN EU.