• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cadance

Cadance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:53 PM

Since the last patches I can't hit certain enemies with the windshot/windshaft even if it flies directly through them. For example the last boss of ABN HC and sometimes the other smaller bosses. Sometimes it will deal just 1 or 2 hits even if the enemy is huge and was standing inside it for the full fly-through.

It's not me lagging, I'm sure about that. Anyone else encountered similar problems with the skill? Same goes for the Instant EX Siege Stance, sometimes just one of the three hits will hit or the arrow will just fly through the enemy without doing damage.

Edited by Cadance, 17 May 2016 - 07:55 PM.

#2 MuchAshe

MuchAshe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts
  • Injector
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:45 PM

Yes, Windshot is bugged. The hotfix made it a lot better tho, if you are having problems with hitting, try aiming slightly to the left as the windshot for some reason will turn right after being fired. The boss in ABN has a bugged hitbox so it's almost impossible to hit him.

Haven't had any problems with Siege Stance tho.

#3 Cadance

Cadance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:46 PM

That's terrible I'm missing out on the biggest part of my DPS.

#4 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

My "good pc" is missing EVERY single windshot dealing only one hit bo matter where I aim it. I5 with 750 GTX and 8 GB ram.

My "not so good pc" hits consistently  16 hits on most bosses... intel celeron shìt withintegrated graphic 2GB Ram and where I can barely do daylies on...

Feelsbad to have to play on **** PC for things to work properly.

#5 Cadance

Cadance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:52 PM

A bad PC hitting the windshots? You sure that isn't just subjective perception? I mean that would probably mean the bug is related to framerate or a specific set of hard/software. The first is impossible since DN doesn't seem to have any calculations based on the framerate like some other older titles do and I can't think of the second one to have any connection to the windshot/hit detection.

But I must say I'm personally playing on a rather "good" PC too. By far not high end but I got at least a (sandy) i7 3,8ghz and a GTX970, 16gb RAM. It's kinda impossible for me to deal more than 1 or 2 hits with a windshot - sometimes I get lucky and it hits all shots but that's rare and not a safe source of DPS. It's a bug that's totally destroying the gameplay of a playable class and makes it a generally bad choice for current runs. I personally hope for a hotfix as soon as they are aware of the bug and fix'd it.

#6 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

I fixed it but it was due to a different issue.

You have to aim windshot to the far left of the boss and cast it melee. If you are still failing removing "efficacy" might help you if you are using it.

Edited by Rokes, 18 May 2016 - 08:41 PM.

#7 Cadance

Cadance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:37 PM

Can't say that helped me, I fire this **** EXACTLY through the boss and it still didn't fishing hit. Will try to make a video if I can find my old copy of Action!.

Yes the "bad"words got replaced automatically. fish **** **** crap fish.

Edited by Cadance, 18 May 2016 - 10:38 PM.

#8 Addely

Addely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Anselve
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • SerpentGang

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:25 AM

You just need to grt used to tho, I hit 90% of my wind shots now and it doesnt have to be melee. You have to shoot at the boss while he is standing still (aka casting mechs in single spot or just standing), not jumping/swiping etc. Works fine for me pretty much, but still if you count all these missed wind shots in rdn hc it could speed the run by some seconds/maybe even 1-2 minutes.

#9 Cadance

Cadance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:22 AM

I hit them, the shot hits them and only deals 1 hits or a max of 2 hits. It's not me missing my shots it's sometimes just flying right through the boss model.

Edited by Cadance, 19 May 2016 - 05:23 AM.

#10 MuchAshe

MuchAshe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts
  • Injector
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:36 AM

View PostCadance, on 19 May 2016 - 05:22 AM, said:

I hit them, the shot hits them and only deals 1 hits or a max of 2 hits. It's not me missing my shots it's sometimes just flying right through the boss model.

Yes, you have to learn to not aim at the boss, as geniused as it may sound.

#11 Rokes

Rokes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
  • PROkes
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PROjectX

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:00 PM

Aim left like Lightfury's Chakra Tunnel, I am currently hitting also 90% of my windshots even from far away