Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:55 PM

This question has been asked a lot of times already and i can't provide any solid proof unless i buy all of them and test it out 1 by 1. The picture below shows all the accessories used in my calculation. Don't worry i will be transferring some to my Silver Hunter and Saleana once i find the best setup for my Screamer.

Disclaimer: I will be using Alexieve's current stats for this so this may or may not apply to everyone with average gears. This is just to show how each accessory will affect your effective mattack on town and w/ buffs. This may or may not apply to Dancers, but the conclusion that will be made might help you too. There will be a lot of numbers with this one.

Posted Image

I created 9 possible combinations for this test.

[1] 2 Red Rose Tough + 2 DDN L rings
[2] 2 Red Rose Tough + 2 RDN L rings
[3] 1 Red Rose Tough Necklace + 1 Skill Earrings + 2 RDN L rings
[4] 1 Red Rose Tough Necklace + 1 Skill Earrings + 2 DDN L rings
[5] 1 Red Rose Tough Neck + 3 Skill Accessories
[6] 2 Red Rose Tough + 2 Skill Accessories
[7] 1 Red Rose Tough Earrings + 3 RDN L Accessories
[8] 1 Skill Earrings + 3 RDN L Accessories
[9] 1 Red Rose Tough Necklace + 1 DDN L ring + 2 Skill Accessories (1 Ring and 1 Earrings)

Some people would prefer i exclude Crit Dmg because it's still based from RNG, so i made 2 different output for each test 1 with and without crit damage. I believe crit damage plays a part now in contributing in our dps since the implementation of consecration and limitation plate.

Option [1] 2 Red Rose Tough + 2 DDN L rings
Spoiler

Option [2] 2 Red Rose Tough + 2 RDN L rings
Spoiler

Option [3] 1 Red Rose Tough Necklace + 1 Skill Earrings + 2 RDN L rings
Spoiler

Option [4] 1 Red Rose Tough Necklace + 1 Skill Earrings + 2 DDN L rings
Spoiler

Option [5] 1 Red Rose Tough Neck + 3 Skill Accessories
Spoiler

Option [6] 2 Red Rose Tough + 2 Skill Accessories
Spoiler

Option [7] 1 Red Rose Tough Earrings + 3 RDN L Accessories
Spoiler

Option [8] 1 Skill Earrings + 3 RDN L Accessories
Spoiler

Option [9] 1 Red Rose Tough Necklace + 1 DDN L ring + 2 Skill Accessories
Spoiler

Edited by Kouzaku, 19 May 2016 - 01:29 PM.

#2 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

Summary

Everything was calculated using Red Rose Tough (:])

Posted Image

While having the highest effective mattack seems the obvious route to go, don't forget that skill accessories adds up 10% board damage directly to the skill. That skill should be maxed for it to get the 10% board damage, otherwise... not.

My Final Damage is 100% for 90 cap regardless if i change to whatever accessories, so this may answer you why 3 RDN L accessory is the least effective for me. Everyone's FD is not the same, so 3 RDN L acce may be effective to someone who is at around 5.8k and may not be effective to someone who has around 1.5k FD. Now that i think about it, i could've removed FD in my calculation since it's constant throughout... crap.

Conclusion

Okay, so what am i recommending?

If this chart holds true for both screamers, i would say that the best option would be...

Dark Summoner: Option 3/4 (1 Tough Necklace + 1 Skill Earrings + 2 DDN L/RDN L Rings)

Reason: Revenge Hand EX and INS makes up at least 30-40% of our skill % in the damage meter. At this point, most screamer's tough earrings gives around 8.6% dark attack, so getting a +10% board dmg in Revenge Hand is really good.

There are also no other better skills to +1 in Necklace, Soul Gate is pretty lackluster. I prefer the 10.6% dark attack from tough than giving it to Soul Gate which barely hits on a very mobile boss. For rings, the only deserving skill to +1 is Phantom Claw... and to the extent Chain Claw. Remember that most of the costume weap gives us +1 on a lv16 skill, so if we have that equipped, the +10% dmg on phantom claw can be acquired. Costume weapon and skill rings +1 doesn't stack. If you have already invested in DDN L rings (perfect pots) before, then you could keep that until you switch to Genesis Rings. Switching from DDN L rings to RDN L rings with L jade increased my effective mattack by less than 1%.If you're starting to gear up a Dark Summoner, then RDN L rings would be a better choice.

p.s. RDN L rings without L jade is worse than DDN L rings.

The reason for me using +1 spirit paper is because im using Gold weapons for glamour.

Soul Eater: Safe Option 3/4 (1 Tough Necklace + 1 Skill Earrings + 2 DDN L/RDN L Rings)

Okay, skill accessory for SE highly depends on the player's gameplay itself. Options 3 and 4 is a safe choice for every SE users. This gives you a consistent dps for all your skills because is one of the best combination that gives a high effective mattack. Beast Spirit is definitely one of the top damaging skill in the SE tree, and for other purposes i would recommend a +1 in this. Same as DS, if you've previously invested in DDN L ring before, no need to swap until you get a hold of Genesis Ring.

Alternative Option 9 (1 Tough Necklace + 2 Skill Acce + 1 DDN L Ring)

As i said earlier, the skill choices for SE highly depends on the user's gameplay. SE's top dps skill comes from Spectre of Pain. You could swap in 1 DDN L/RDN L ring for a Spectre of Pain. If you're not spamming Spectre of Pain that much, you could go for the Safe Option. Spectre of Pain in skill % could get up to 40% in the damage meter.

Edited by Kouzaku, 19 May 2016 - 03:25 PM.

#3 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6634 posts
  • VengefulOne
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for the effort Kou, just wanna clarify

On your summary (2nd post) you indicated "tough acce" and "tough neck" in general, and not specific to tough rose red, can we assume that the numbers on your summary follows 10% and not 12% dark?

As you've also mentioned.

I prefer the 10.6% dark attack from tough than giving it to Soul Gate

#4 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:43 PM

View PostSorceressHater, on 19 May 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

Thanks for the effort Kou, just wanna clarify

On your summary (2nd post) you indicated "tough acce" and "tough neck" in general, and not specific to tough rose red, can we assume that the numbers on your summary follows 10% and not 12% dark?

As you've also mentioned.

Oops sorry for not clarifying that, everything on the chart was calculated using red rose tough :D So, the numbers for using a regular tough would be lower >.<

Edited by Kouzaku, 19 May 2016 - 02:44 PM.

#5 Plasmo

Plasmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:28 PM

hi kou what about 4 skill acce.. soul gate neck beast ear sop ring and paper?

Edited by Plasmo, 19 May 2016 - 05:29 PM.

#6 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

View PostPlasmo, on 19 May 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

hi kou what about 4 skill acce.. soul gate neck beast ear sop ring and paper?

Well, it's also an option too however, there's a skill plate which you can use for it. If you're going for +2 then the additional damage will drop down to 7% and tough necklace is 10% dark attack. So for me, that 10% dark attack is better than that 7% dmg increase. (sorry)

#7 Plasmo

Plasmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:12 AM

View PostKouzaku, on 19 May 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

Well, it's also an option too however, there's a skill plate which you can use for it. If you're going for +2 then the additional damage will drop down to 7% and tough necklace is 10% dark attack. So for me, that 10% dark attack is better than that 7% dmg increase. (sorry)

im quite BOBO when it comes to this number thingy like seriously seing it i felt like i wanna sleep . (:D)  anyway  i have 2 tough 2 ddnl ring perfect pot and 4 skill acce neck earrings and the 2 ring is crit elem so what is the best set up for that SE here btw
ty  in advance kou (;])

#8 Naerwin

Naerwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Khyrrigan, Senkahara
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PinkyFish / ex-Askaw

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:39 AM

First of all, i should thank you for all that work put in those calculations, very thorough and precise on each combination (Plus i'm a sucker for complex math when it comes to games i enjoy (:&gt;) )
What about those choices when it comes to Spirit Dancer ? I guess the Tech accs gets more value since the dps is spread across several Skills that can be separatley Teched.

Optional exercise : Since I play on the Eu server, don't have access to neither tough nor ddnL pot : it leaves us with rdnL and Tech accs. What would be the best combination ?
If you use Tech earring, would it be better to get STR roll w/ random Ecj or Vit-elem atk w/ Ice convertion ?

Thanks in advance for your time and dedication to make us Kalis better players. (:&gt;)

#9 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:43 PM

View PostNaerwin, on 22 May 2016 - 06:39 AM, said:

First of all, i should thank you for all that work put in those calculations, very thorough and precise on each combination (Plus i'm a sucker for complex math when it comes to games i enjoy (:&gt;) )
What about those choices when it comes to Spirit Dancer ? I guess the Tech accs gets more value since the dps is spread across several Skills that can be separatley Teched.

Optional exercise : Since I play on the Eu server, don't have access to neither tough nor ddnL pot : it leaves us with rdnL and Tech accs. What would be the best combination ?
If you use Tech earring, would it be better to get STR roll w/ random Ecj or Vit-elem atk w/ Ice convertion ?

Thanks in advance for your time and dedication to make us Kalis better players. (:&gt;)

OMG im sorry i just read about this now. I think your post was approved late hence why this thread wasn't bump when you replied. Let me get back to you tomorrow. (:])

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your reply. Until now i'm still undecided what is the best choice for Spirit Dancer. There're just too many options for her. Oh and i just realized you're in EU server, definitely go tech rings. If you're in the 5.5k FD zone up and you needed FD, go +1 praetor and 3 RDN L acce. If you're at nowhere near that, go for technique accessories. The important ones are praetor and abolisher. Get +1 stalker from costume weapon. As for the elem conversion, i highly suggest to go ice instead. Why?

1.) Higher demand = more expensive (because of raven buff)
2.) More bosses with 0% ice elem resist in RDN compared to Dark

Edited by Kouzaku, 03 June 2016 - 01:00 PM.

#10 Naerwin

Naerwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Khyrrigan, Senkahara
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PinkyFish / ex-Askaw

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:33 AM

Lil' snippet : I recently picked up my SE too, would it then be better to go 3rdnL + tech SoP ring or 4Tech accs for her ?

#11 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:03 PM

View PostNaerwin, on 03 June 2016 - 03:33 AM, said:

Lil' snippet : I recently picked up my SE too, would it then be better to go 3rdnL + tech SoP ring or 4Tech accs for her ?

If you're at the 5.5k fd zone up, then going 3 RDgN L is okay. If not, go for technique accs. +1 Soul Gate Neck, +1 Beast Spirit Earrings, +1 Spectre Ring and +1 Snake/Spirit Paper Ring (depends on which you spam more).

If you're using a +1 spirit paper from costume weapon, go +1 snake on the ring. Be sure to max it in your skill build ^^

Edited by Kouzaku, 03 June 2016 - 07:53 PM.

#12 Terraofdeath

Terraofdeath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

Thank you very much for your research :)

#13 UltraMega

UltraMega

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • UltraMega8
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

Enjoy reading this really! More power to you guys! May the RNGesus be with you!

Edited by UltraMega, 20 June 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#14 Kouzaku

Kouzaku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
  • Pengguine, Alexieve
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden, PulseL'cie

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:44 PM

Goodluck and i hope this helped you guys (:])

#15 UltraMega

UltraMega

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • UltraMega8
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

It did A LOT! Long live us KALIS!!

#16 Janravel

Janravel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Hellenius
  • DN, Holywood
  • Vices

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:07 AM

Hi there, me and my friend did a similar calculation (tough acc vs skill acc, ceteris paribus) for my soul eater a month back or so (wish I had found this earlier q-q) using this simulator: http://spacem.github...earsim/#/builds

Anyway, just to share, if you're using the normal tough neck (10% dark, not 12%, because I'm too poor for that q-q), using a skill acc with +14 int jade gives you a better effective matk by a small margin. I noticed that in your calculations, you didn't include the guild atk buff (well, not all guilds will have it) as well as the attack increase from costumes (again, not everyone will have it too..). But in the case that your character has the luxury of both, the increase in effective matk from the skill acc stats and the +14 jades is slightly better than the effective matk increase from 10% dark atk tough neck. Of course, the calculation is for tough neck with 10% dark atk. Not too sure how the 12% dark atk tough neck will fair, but seeing that it's only by a small margin, there is a chance that the 12% dark atk tough neck will be better :) (but as can be seen from your calculations, the 12% dark atk tough neck does win OoOoOoO)

Earrings-wise, skill acc and +14 int jade wins by a margin.

Tested on my own soul eater. Wish I could have shown the calculations but sadly, I didn't keep it...

Cheers~

Edited by Janravel, 19 July 2016 - 11:08 AM.

#17 UltraMega

UltraMega

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • UltraMega8
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:22 AM

Sorry too lazy to do the calculations on that topic.

Off topic:
just have a quick question. Does upgrading your lvl 90 normal jades (not variant jades) from +11 to +14 break when you dont apply jelly?

#18 Naerwin

Naerwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Khyrrigan, Senkahara
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PinkyFish / ex-Askaw

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:44 AM

View PostUltraMega, on 20 July 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

Sorry too lazy to do the calculations on that topic.

Off topic:
just have a quick question. Does upgrading your lvl 90 normal jades (not variant jades) from +11 to +14 break when you dont apply jelly?
No, not applying jellies only exposes you to fail the enhancment and lose all the materials except the jade (which, from +11 on, is pretty expensive, so, try your luck if you want, but a backfire as happened so quickly (sorry) )

#19 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6634 posts
  • VengefulOne
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:30 AM

Don't enhance without jelly past +10/11. It's quite frustrating.

If you have multiple non used alts, just pass the jades and the mats through your server storage then enhance on your alts using the free level up achievement jellies.

#20 UltraMega

UltraMega

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • UltraMega8
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:17 AM

Cool thanks for your continous support Naerwin and SorceressHater!