• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • SuzyGraham,ArcaGraham
  • DN, Springwood
  • Seraphim, Phyrexians

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:39 PM

Dear Forumers,

I'm uploading a few scam attempts that has been attempted on my characters since 2015. This scam attempt seems to be very hard to track since I am often receiving this once per character, but the pattern and style seems to be very same - despite the disparity of dates that the attack/attempt was made.

Guys, please be careful whenever you receive such kindness as this is a blatant attempt to try and get your account details or FB account or worse.

The thread has been retitled to better suit the keywords of the scam modus.

Method of Scamming
A user will PM you a general conversation
Scammer: Hi! ^_^
Scammer: Hi do you want Cc?
Scammer: I will give you free if you want
Scammer: cause I'm going to stop play DN T_T
Scammer: Wait I will open my CC card
Scammer: Do you have Facebook?
<Scammer will ask for your Facebook account>
<Conversation can reach to your Facebook conversations>
Scammer: You have experience with Mobile CC?
Scammer: By the way, I need your cherrycredits account to your char to save to my mobile card
Scammer: Because I need to use it to fist log in to my mobile card and connect it
Scammer: So that I can transfer my (huge amount)CC
Scammer: But don't worry it's not scam or hack
Scammer: Your account safe 100%

The scammer can post pictures of pretty ladies to entice you that he/she is the real thing.

List of Users known that is used for this type of scam is here. If you find anyone who PM's you like this, kindly post a screenshot of it (show the conversation lines similar to above), and I'll add to the list here.
feihong123 - reported locked/banned
Aj0i - reported locked/banned
ReiMeinu - reported locked/banned
Kamisama99 - reported locked/banned
llosaniano - reported locked/banned
Wendy01117 - reported locked/banned
PandoraAoi - reported locked/banned
YameTeelte - reported locked/banned
WhitenBlue - reported locked/banned
Hanamuchi - reported locked/banned
everest03 - reported locked/banned
Isko575 - reported locked/banned
AsHiyaMisT - reported/no lock/ban confirmation
VanessaVV - At Large
Kuraimiya - At Large
@Mods, if this should be moved to Abuse Report section, I'm ok with it.

4-May-2015 : Suzy doing the usual DQ then received a PM from an unknown person named feihong123
Spoiler
9-May-2015 : Zeus receives the same story.... from a different character Aj0i
Spoiler
7-May-2016 : Arca receives it... coincidentally on May, also, but on year 2016 from ReiMeinu
Spoiler
18-May-2016 : Cloe receives it... from Kamisama99
Spoiler

04-Jun-2016
Spoiler
03-Sep-2016
Spoiler
24-Sep-2016
Apparently I couldn't get CC's or the MOD's attention here. This poser/scammer is still at large at this time. I really don't know if I should still update this forum or not. And my efforts to warn others seem to be unto deaf ears. And I feel am taunted by this scammer, as if there is no action at all.
Spoiler

Others were targetted. (Not my characters)
Spoiler
Spoiler

Someone managed to talk to the same person in FB and we were right to see what they wanted.
Spoiler

Edited by launcelot, 25 May 2017 - 09:02 AM.

#2 kambinks

kambinks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5340 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:51 PM

Meanwhile some African prince is saying: "what is wrong with these people.. I just want to donate CC too needle people to appease the sand gods for good fortune"

#3 launcelot

launcelot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • SuzyGraham,ArcaGraham
  • DN, Springwood
  • Seraphim, Phyrexians

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:00 PM

Appreciate the opposite side of things kambinks, but if this prince of yours wants to donate it, give it to those who are not profiled as someone who can afford a costume and other cash items.

#4 DeathRayFear

DeathRayFear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3473 posts
  • I'm being held against
  • my will by RΛZΞR

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:02 PM

I wanted to see if you played along to his scam, was disappointed..

#5 launcelot

launcelot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • SuzyGraham,ArcaGraham
  • DN, Springwood
  • Seraphim, Phyrexians

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:10 PM

DRF, indeed I tried to play along on the first attempt, but I lost some images in 2015.

The thing was the person will try to give the card but would want to ask for an FB account. At this point, it becomes a matter of trust and opening up the possibility of social engineering hack.

I'll try to keep myself posted and check if I can still catch this guy. Would anyone agree that this is the same person? or a group of people?

#6 HisCato

HisCato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2538 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • At the end of Rainbow

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:23 PM

probably different people, just following a script.

like:
If yes> ask this question.
if no> disregard. proceed to next victim.
--

my guildmate also played along with this kind of people, but they use other's account. You know those players that ask "CAN I HAVE AN ACCT WITH SNIPER? PM PLS" that sht. Apparently he joined our guild and asked for a sniper account, only one person in our guild has a Sniper that time. He then starts asking about email, password, etc. he even tries to convince players that his account has CC so he is "willing" to trade his account for another.

My guildmate tried to play along by giving him false infos, so if he logs out he won;t find my guildmate (:D)  but he was so persistent and I wasn;t around that time to kick him ( but im secretly hiding in my guild too hue ), I got pissed off. So I just sass him out and he left the guild. (:&gt;)  

I dunno why other people would fall for this, since FB acct is already beyond CC's Game account  (sorry)

#7 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:27 PM

I think he love you Suzy

#8 DeathRayFear

DeathRayFear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3473 posts
  • I'm being held against
  • my will by RΛZΞR

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:28 PM

View PostHisCato, on 25 May 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

like:
--

my guildmate also played along with this kind of people, but they use other's account. You know those players that ask "CAN I HAVE AN ACCT WITH SNIPER? PM PLS" that sht. Apparently he joined our guild and asked for a sniper account, only one person in our guild has a Sniper that time. He then starts asking about email, password, etc. he even tries to convince players that his account has CC so he is "willing" to trade his account for another.

My guildmate tried to play along by giving him false infos, so if he logs out he won;t find my guildmate (:&gt;)  

I dunno why other people would fall for this, since FB acct is already beyond CC's Game account  (sorry)
The 'ol If Else statement, oh how you gave me fun times and headaches during IT classes (:D)

#9 whitevoid

whitevoid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:09 PM

too bad I never received such good offer only a phishing site. do you know that hackers and scammers are always in the forum?

#10 Eianots

Eianots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2863 posts
  • Eianots
  • DN, Springwood
  • Heavens

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:14 PM

They're running out of ideas on how to scam

#11 VerzFM

VerzFM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Ȩ̝͈̭͕̫̞͚̎̈ͫͭ͆̄͂̂̈̌͗͑̋ͬ̽̐̌́̚̚v̞͍̦͉͚̼͈̭̟͓͇͓͇̹̠ͨ͛͒ͥ̇̔͊̓ͬͪ͂ͨ̃̋ͮ̚̚͟͟i̶̴̴̲̣̪̼͓̺̦̗̤͎͉̝̬͚̺̪̘ͨ͊ͣ̌̌͑͑̉ͤ̎͂ͧ͘͡l̍ͬͭ͒́ͦ̒ͥ҉̵͈̠̟̺͈͇̭̞̲͇̀̀K̃̐̈́̄͒̇̓͂̔͂͐̈̓͐ͬ̀͏̢͙̜̫̟͇͈̯̳͖n̢͉̩̻̳̜̥͇̺̤͔̘̞̻̫̈́͆̏̌ͤ̽̽ͥ̀ͅi̵̧̢͆ͣ͌̀ͩͬ̂̈́̆̔͗͌̒̉̓͊̚͏̙͎͉̙̣̭̘̱͔ͅͅg͗̌͗͌̿ͨ̅͌̚҉̸̴̢̫̼̞͔̰͙̠h̵̪̝̟̩̹̜͚͓̭̤̠̖̆̅̂̌ͩ͌̒̅ͥ̌̑̈́̀͐́̓̈́͑̀͘t͛̌͋͊̅̃ͩ̎̽̅̾҉̸̛̺̬̲̜͎̬̺̘̤͎s̷̮̼͇͇̖͚̝̞̰̤ͣ̉̆ͨ͐̈ͦ͛ͦ̋ͩͤ̎̀͢

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:15 PM

If this all came from a single person then I'm impressed. That's one year of online stalking, what a creepy mofo. (:D)

#12 launcelot

launcelot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • SuzyGraham,ArcaGraham
  • DN, Springwood
  • Seraphim, Phyrexians

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:16 PM

View PostHisCato, on 25 May 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

like:
--

My guildmate tried to play along by giving him false infos, so if he logs out he won;t find my guildmate (:&gt;)  

Funny. the text and use of words are the same. Prefers to use "Cc". (except for the latest one, attempt is the same but style is different), using CC instead of Cc

Edited by launcelot, 25 May 2016 - 08:18 PM.

#13 launcelot

launcelot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • SuzyGraham,ArcaGraham
  • DN, Springwood
  • Seraphim, Phyrexians

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:19 PM

View PostXaelCry, on 25 May 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

I think he love you Suzy
*prepares Tazer and Pepper spray*

#14 Eianots

Eianots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2863 posts
  • Eianots
  • DN, Springwood
  • Heavens

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:37 PM

View PostVerzFM, on 25 May 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

If this all came from a single person then I'm impressed. That's one year of online stalking, what a creepy mofo. %20br=
I agree. That's pretty creepy if you ask me. Plus the fact that he managed to PM all your characters. How'd he even know all of your character's IGNs? (oo)

Edited by Eianots, 25 May 2016 - 08:37 PM.

#15 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

View Postlauncelot, on 25 May 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

*prepares Tazer and Pepper spray*
one is enough.. but 2.. would also fine

Regardless i think hes a creepy stalker..

View PostEianots, on 25 May 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

I agree. That's pretty creepy if you ask me. Plus the fact that he managed to PM all your characters. How'd he even know all of your character's IGNs? (oo)
and this is the best question

Edited by XaelCry, 25 May 2016 - 08:40 PM.

#16 HisCato

HisCato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2538 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • At the end of Rainbow

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:40 PM

maybe he is one of those 'fake' or pretending Guild Masters.. or Guild Members of the Guild since he knows him well (:&gt;)
has anyone of your friends/guildmates encountered this same tactics?

#17 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10248 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:58 PM

I think I've gotten this too 2 weeks ago. Similar bait. The person say they want to quit, and they want to give you CC. When you ask "just give me gold/items", they refuse by saying they already give them away.

View PostEianots, on 25 May 2016 - 08:14 PM, said:

They're running out of ideas on how to scam
They are being less obvious this time; I'd give them that.
It's 1 or 2 grade above scamming to phishing site via email.

They are holding conversation with you, just like a regular player, so you can drop your guard from expecting the other side are using proper grammar/punctuation like they are from the official, which mail scammers usually (and easily) fail this filter.

#18 launcelot

launcelot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • SuzyGraham,ArcaGraham
  • DN, Springwood
  • Seraphim, Phyrexians

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:01 PM

The thing was, I sent out a bluebird warning about Kamisama99. And someone got scared too. Looks like I'm not the only one being targeted.

Posted Image

#19 Eianots

Eianots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2863 posts
  • Eianots
  • DN, Springwood
  • Heavens

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:09 PM

Probably a friend of yours backstabbing you or someone you met in-game who eventually got close to you and now is sabotaging you.

#20 launcelot

launcelot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • SuzyGraham,ArcaGraham
  • DN, Springwood
  • Seraphim, Phyrexians

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:23 PM

View PostEianots, on 25 May 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

Probably a friend of yours backstabbing you or someone you met in-game who eventually got close to you and now is sabotaging you.
Well that sounds so evil. lol. Also my friends have long quit DN (2013). I'm pretty much alone with a guild left behind, to take care of.