Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5552 posts
  • Nekomatsu
  • DN, Holywood
  • Servinity/Relinquish

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:13 PM

I dont draw to tell the truth.. but from time to time i force myself (since drawing is the weak part of my artistic side atm xD)
i mean it's the only way i can reach senpai.. even though it's so hard and frustating because 80% of the times he ignores me and when i think i'm making progress, bam i'm back to 0..
I prob should start drawing his oc soon, seems like my bff wont have time to do it (and he just hit 3k followers on twitter so yeah..)
*ahem* anyway, this is what i did 2 days ago,

Spoiler

also someone that i know did this for me, it was supposed to be a hino yuji sketch but it ended up being "painful" xD

Spoiler

bonus
Spoiler

Edited by NekoKun, 08 June 2016 - 12:16 PM.

#22 MOneGarand

MOneGarand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts
  • Eroberer
  • DN, Westwood
  • Blackthorn

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

Spoiler

Edited by MOneGarand, 08 June 2016 - 01:17 PM.

#23 Efraym

Efraym

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17379 posts
  • Statement below is a lie
  • Statement above is a lie

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:56 AM

GAH STUPID BACKSPACE MADE ME GO BACK IN THE PREVIOUS PAGE AND MY READIED POST WAS GONE.

*sigh*

going to retype everything. Although, it won't be the same as what I said before this happened. FML.
Spoiler

btw, I apologize that I'm not using the Image feature. Facebook won't allow me to link directly.

---

View PostMOneGarand, on 07 June 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

I traced my old drawin and put it on the same paper. :3

Spoiler
It's like you're seeing the evolution of Game Graphics. (clap)

But really, It's fun to see it's evolution from old to present. I don't have any too old work yet but the ones on the notebook, I'll try redrawing them.

View PostMOneGarand, on 07 June 2016 - 08:40 PM, said:

I found this noob digital art of mine while diggin my timeline. ;3

Spoiler
Isn't this........the superhero? (clap)

jk, it's Flay(a). (:D)
Speaking of this game, I wanted to draw a fanart of Pamela someday. (love)

@gin and cato
You guys....you like drawing what's "inside" when it's actually more detailed than the ones "outside" or harder. From organs to bones.

View Postgianne07, on 07 June 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

wow so many great hand-drawn sketches here... imma noob.. just good at copying anime-ish things (and maybe more) but for my own original creations (but kinda have references) i say i suck at proportions..
I suck at copying other drawings though. When I made something on my own, it was far more decent. I was even jealous at my brother who can draw Son Goku perfectly with a reference. (:D)

That's before when I started schooling though, right now, I can copy but not perfectly. (tense)

Edited by Efraym, 10 June 2016 - 12:27 PM.

#24 RUGGGER

RUGGGER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3379 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:04 PM

should I put my stickman drawings here? does it count newbie drawings @.@

#25 MOneGarand

MOneGarand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts
  • Eroberer
  • DN, Westwood
  • Blackthorn

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:14 PM

View PostRUGGGER, on 10 June 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

should I put my stickman drawings here? does it count newbie drawings @.@
Anything would be fine. (:>)

#26 MOneGarand

MOneGarand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts
  • Eroberer
  • DN, Westwood
  • Blackthorn

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostEfraym, on 10 June 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

GAH STUPID BACKSPACE MADE ME GO BACK IN THE PREVIOUS PAGE AND MY READIED POST WAS GONE.

*sigh*

going to retype everything. Although, it won't be the same as what I said before this happened. FML.
Spoiler

btw, I apologize that I'm not using the Image feature. Facebook won't allow me to link directly.

---

It's like you're seeing the evolution of Game Graphics. (clap)

But really, It's fun to see it's evolution from old to present. I don't have any too old work yet but the ones on the notebook, I'll try redrawing them.

Isn't this........the superhero? (clap)

jk, it's Flay(a). br= Speaking of this game, I wanted to draw a fanart of Pamela someday. (love)

Good to meet ppl who played that game. (:>)

#27 HisCato

HisCato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2524 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • At the end of Rainbow

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:36 PM

View PostEfraym, on 10 June 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

*sigh*

-meep-
LOL I feel your pain,
but sometimes, when i am typing, that mini blue bar down there? it saved your content. such a lifesaver.
but sometimes such an ass because it didnt save (:D)

@gin and cato
You guys....you like drawing what's "inside" when it's actually more detailed than the ones "outside" or harder. From organs to bones.

I suck at copying other drawings though. When I made something on my own, it was far more decent. I was even jealous at my brother who can draw Son Goku perfectly with a reference. br=
That's before when I started schooling though, right now, I can copy but not perfectly. (tense)

insides are detailed yea but.. when you made a mistake, you can just cover it up with an excuse of "it's for shadow effect", "realistic effect", or-or-uh "to make it look alive!" *with first in the air*

i need more kikomachine-corny-jokes-yet-satisfying

unlike when you draw humans, animals.. or any living matter ( except cells ), your mistakes are so visible, it can go like" why is his hair like this?", "why are the eyes so big and the other isnt?", "you missed the ears", "the hands and legs are not in proportion" (T.T) ....

i tried copying others works so to practice drawing, i find it slightly hard but managed to do it nicely [ one of our teachers used to draw us maps, i know it looks like out of it as an example, but I learned to look left and right while drawing, or while not looking. in the end, it kinda helped me draw things with references ] sideview is messed up to me. the lips starts to go smoochy (lol)

#28 Efraym

Efraym

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 17379 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:39 PM

View PostMOneGarand, on 10 June 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

Good to meet ppl who played that game. (:>)
It's actually a good game. So, why not? (:>)

View PostHisCato, on 10 June 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

LOL I feel your pain,
but sometimes, when i am typing, that mini blue bar down there? it saved your content. such a lifesaver.
but sometimes such an ass because it didnt save br=

insides are detailed yea but.. when you made a mistake, you can just cover it up with an excuse of "it's for shadow effect", "realistic effect", or-or-uh "to make it look alive!" *with first in the air*

i need more kikomachine-corny-jokes-yet-satisfying

unlike when you draw humans, animals.. or any living matter ( except cells ), your mistakes are so visible, it can go like" why is his hair like this?", "why are the eyes so big and the other isnt?", "you missed the ears", "the hands and legs are not in proportion" (T.T) ....

i tried copying others works so to practice drawing, i find it slightly hard but managed to do it nicely [ one of our teachers used to draw us maps, i know it looks like out of it as an example, but I learned to look left and right while drawing, or while not looking. in the end, it kinda helped me draw things with references ] sideview is messed up to me. the lips starts to go smoochy (lol)
Blue bar on PC mode, yes. But not reliable on a 90% basis. On mobile? (often happens too because the back button is part of the screen, one wrong slide and I'll accidentally press the thing.) It won't save me. (sorry)

That's true...well, I guess we have each own way of doing things. (:D)

........I get that alot, so I get what you mean. (T.T)

I'll try copying again when my perception is fully stable. I'm always practicing 3/4 side views since that's where foreshortening and complicated placing of things happens. I draw front faces before so I'm confident that I may get it right sometimes but for 3/4, I really need to master that so my drawings wouldn't look flat. It needs to be "alive". (:[)

#29 RandomAnon

RandomAnon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Onbashira
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Devide

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:09 AM

So there's quite some number of people learning how to draw (oo)

Seeing you guys can draw CG though, sometimes, all college student have is just pencil, and paper so the drawing is really basic (shame)
and also time to draw when bored in class I swear I didn't draw during statistic class, I swear
It's also embarrassing to use scanner in campus library if it's not for homework too (shame)
Anyway. Anyone got tips for anatomy? And please don't say read yaoi / yuri since I online mostly by abusing free wi-fi from campus or online from gaming internet cafe (which didn't have partition between each computers)

#30 Efraym

Efraym

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 17379 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:20 AM

I'm not in a position to give tips for anatomy but they did tell me to learn realistic anatomy. Learning that will make anime/cartoony/semi-realistic anatomy easier.

I'm having a hard time with 3/4 and side view anatomy for both genders around the torso part. There are strict rules in realistic anatomy which makes it harder. I mean, sure there are types of body builds so the rules aren't really important but making the common or average build is what you should do.

Example of those rules are the shoulders, neck, head, differences of male and female (in the upper/lower bodies. Females have bigger lower bodies while males have bigger upper bodies), line difference (females are curvy while males are bumpy?), elbows are leveled below rib cages, upper and lower arms are of same length (not including the hand), hands are leveled with the legs/thighs, there's more but I'm not sure how much of it are true and should be followed. In a more easy way, try looking at the skeletal system, yes, the skeletal system can aid you since the details of the body are based on that. Same goes for muscles. Example again of details that goes with the skeletal system is the lines around the solar plexus and the hip bones which shows too if you make an anatomy. Muscles are mainly used on males but in going semi realistic, female muscles are also used as basis for making the bre-ast or small barely noticeable meat or muscles on the hands. That all depends on the drawing you want so not all of it are vital but.... It's better if you know all of it right? You'll have a lot of options to mold your style that way.

It's always anatomy first before you put clothes on and misc details (fingers, toes, face, etc.). Until your eyes can make invisible anatomy, you can directly add details already which takes a lot of time to master if you're a master in anatomy. Then again, it depends on your way in doing things.

PS: we also have physics so if you're making various poses, think of gravity and how the skins are stretching. No one should forget that the skin can squash and stretch (like faces in cartoony).  I'm talking about bewbs here. (lol)

PS2
That's what I know anyway. It's still better if a pro teaches you and personally too.

I did look at anatomy around the Internet but can't grasp it well. I only managed to grasp it when I got in school because someone is pointing it out personally. Your mistakes of course.

Edited by Efraym, 12 June 2016 - 08:30 AM.

#31 NekoKun

NekoKun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5552 posts
  • Nekomatsu
  • DN, Holywood
  • Servinity/Relinquish

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostRandomAnon, on 12 June 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

Seeing you guys can draw CG though, sometimes, all college student have is just pencil, and paper so the drawing is really basic (shame)
and also time to draw when bored in class I swear I didn't draw during statistic class, I swear
It's also embarrassing to use scanner in campus library if it's not for homework too (shame)
Anyway. Anyone got tips for anatomy? And please don't say read yaoi / yuri since I online mostly by abusing free wi-fi from campus or online from gaming internet cafe (which didn't have partition between each computers)

shounen-ai/shoujo-ai then? (:>)

Edited by NekoKun, 12 June 2016 - 08:50 AM.

#32 HisCato

HisCato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2524 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • At the end of Rainbow

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:08 AM

View PostRandomAnon, on 12 June 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

hmm .. mostly human anatomy references are good in books. we have this book here, all detailed. from inanimate to animate objects, how to hold the pencil/pen, shadowing and light, and perspective and distance, etc. All in one fucking book It also details the human anatomy as the first subject matter for familiarization.. but I cant recall the name of the book, and I believe my cousin bought somewhere from UK or any local Bookstore outlets. (:D)   will try to update here if I find it and take a pic. hue

if you want, you can study by yourself~ by buying this small mannequins. I forgot what they were called.. actually never mind, i think they were called Anatomy Doll via Google (:D)
Spoiler
or just stick to those wood ones~ (hat)

Edited by HisCato, 12 June 2016 - 11:14 AM.

#33 NekoKun

NekoKun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5552 posts
  • Nekomatsu
  • DN, Holywood
  • Servinity/Relinquish

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

so i finally finished another sketch, this is my second ever done xD

Spoiler

once again i only got a "wow, thank you very much!" message, not that i was expecting anything else but.. is it too much to ask for him to at least follow me back qq

#34 RandomAnon

RandomAnon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Onbashira
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Devide

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:45 PM

I'll try to post some doodles when I got chance next time
Thanks for the tips guys (:])

#35 BlackCross79

BlackCross79

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1448 posts
  • CharlesCross
  • The Cherry Cafetaria

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

go search 28chars at google n u`ll find me n my noob art (:>)

dont forget to like n follow (lol)

#36 HisCato

HisCato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2524 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • At the end of Rainbow

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:29 PM

View PostRandomAnon, on 12 June 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

I'll try to post some doodles when I got chance next time
Thanks for the tips guys (:])
i realize from what you said..

this will be a good Art dump for starters (hat)
i guess with this thread, people can dump their art here and see if they improved themselves (hat) ( plus help from others too (:>)  )

#37 Efraym

Efraym

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 17379 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:09 PM

Isn't the thread's purpose like that from the start? (lol)

Let's wish the best of luck for us (pop)

#38 ColdZeroJN

ColdZeroJN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1410 posts
  • PencilNote
  • DN, Holywood
  • SpaceFairy

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:12 PM

Oh neat. Just some 10 minute daily drawing:

Posted Image

#39 HisCato

HisCato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2524 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • At the end of Rainbow

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:13 PM

i used to remember making Flash Animation (:D)

now im rusty to everything (tense)
...sketch or nah.

#40 MOneGarand

MOneGarand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts
  • Eroberer
  • DN, Westwood
  • Blackthorn

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

View PostHisCato, on 13 June 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

i realize from what you said..

this will be a good Art dump for starters (hat)
i guess with this thread, people can dump their art here and see if they improved themselves (hat) ( plus help from others too (:>)  )

View PostEfraym, on 13 June 2016 - 06:09 PM, said:

Isn't the thread's purpose like that from the start? (lol)

Let's wish the best of luck for us (pop)
:v