• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Oozex

Oozex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:46 AM

As a beginner looking to get into pvp, I was wondering if anyone can give me a quick overview of how classes play out (in PvP).

For example, a Gladiator (the only class I have at 90) is close ranged and combo based. If you don't know how to chain combo, you're not gonna be very good at 1v1 engagements. In the case that people don't know how to use their recoveries, you can completely control them in a juggle. Very active in terms of movement during combos and whatnot... Etc...

I see a lot of guides that go over pve playstyles, but outside of the occasional "This class owns in pvp and can lock everything down forever" there really isn't much in terms of pvp direction.

Thanks for any help!

#2 YamiZero

YamiZero

• 1306 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:38 AM

View PostOozex, on 01 July 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

As a beginner looking to get into pvp, I was wondering if anyone can give me a quick overview of how classes play out (in PvP).

I've moved your question to the PvP ("Colosseum") section as you may find more suitable players to give you accurate answers here.

#3 Migueliyo

Migueliyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:20 PM

Your definition of glad is good, but i would add that he has low CD now (triple slash and deep straight so it can be player with a rush gameplay for making pressure and get baits and recatchs), also glad now is the god tier in pvp because of the buff he received + his iframes (deepstraight, evasion slash and aerial combo (last part) are pretty good for trading); plus you will always want to land Line drive. So catch them before and line drive them. Also their passive (the stacks one) is so strong because of the STR it gives. So dont spam finish attack (just if you have to tank something  or you rly think you can kill the other with it).

Mercenary: is a low utility class ( even lower comparing with swordman) but the dmg of this class in this cap is so high, so can 100%-40% or even 20% in hp if they can do their combo rotation. But they are harder to use than glad (i play both classes and find merc worse than glad by far), because they are slow as fish, and a good or decent pvp player can read easily a mediocre merc (are really easy to read in general). Just, be careful with his stomps and try not to get caught by punishing swing or circle swing. They will always try to land whirlwind and rolling attack (their dmg skills), so be careful with their initiations or baits for catching you before using their real burst skills. Also be careful with random rolling attacks AoE (destro mainly).

Dark avenger: the common class who can destroy you easily in pvp (just if you allow the DA to use his DA form) but is not that special without it. His passive of red shield/iron skin is annoying. If you fight them in ladder or whenever that is not sb, surely ( at least from what i have seen) they will run away for recovering the CD and bubbles for using DA and destroy you. So rush them and dont let them do it. If is sb, they are not so strong (still decent with a good build + plates).

Moonlord: Glad is better in a 1vs1 comparison. Moonlord is so much harder to combo with if you are not rly used to it plus. But thing of Moonlord is a more passive/counter/baiting style. Also you may find some ml playing full melee with it and selfbaning skills or ML tree for fun. Just try to find the way of unleashing your dmg skills as ML like crescent cleave. Also,they have low CD in triple slash and deepstraight so they can trade pretty easily another classes and most of them will abuse of the low CD/dmg/utility of moonlight splitter ex because, its free dmg when the other doesnt have evasions adding that you can just impact punch for lifting after hitting with this ex version.
I just have played warriors in this cap. So my knowledge is not that good in other classes tbh. Plus i must say that in general the play style depends of the person and match up. You may find mercs who rush more than a glad; a super defensive or kite glad style.... So at the end you will have to find ways of passing over that x style of the other (but thats in higher skill lvl games where both players know how to use their class and are good with it).

#4 Aynix

Aynix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Aynix
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Daikirai

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:19 PM

View PostOozex, on 01 July 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

If you don't know how to chain combo, you're not gonna be very good at 1v1 engagements.

Just this, for every single class in the game.

#5 iKiwi

iKiwi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Hueiiwi
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:40 PM

View PostAynix, on 01 July 2016 - 04:19 PM, said:

Just this, for every single class in the game.
Illu works even without knowing how to combo :v

#6 Aynix

Aynix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Aynix
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Daikirai

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:32 PM

Well, she spam 2 skills, she don't have combo xD

#7 Papaya

Papaya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Mango
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Connect

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:30 PM

Everything is close-ranged and combo unless you suck C:
No, honestly though even though I understand your question and its a good one, its kinda impossible to answer it as the same things go for every class. For me, there is no class you're supposed to sit half a map away but it seems some poor souls think every ranged class plays that way.
But naturally, its harder to stay super close-range with some classes like sentinels and silver hunters.
Migulels descriptions of the warrior classes are pretty good, not the kind of cheap warrior player you see 95% of the time :v

For me, acrobat only needs one word as a description - face, Of course you shouldn't waste your evades though.
At the moment tempests are a bit stronger than windwalkers but they're both good enough to stick to your enemies all the time.
Its a bit more difficult for sharpshooters, but especially snipers are pretty strong in 90 cap so you can still do it if you know your SA and SAb values well.
Silver hunters...well..they can be good because they have a lot of damage but unless you're a kiting ******* its very hard to play them properly. If you like running and kiting np, but their SA break and SA values are atrocious.

#8 Dargunz

Dargunz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Connect

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:06 AM

@Papaya

Pretty much. Step aside, though, I still feel like stating that Gladiator is arguably the most effective class in PvP. A Gladiator who mastered his class should be unbeatable by any other class.

#9 Neolia

Neolia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:10 AM

View PostMigueliyo, on 01 July 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

Hello i did a wall of text ! (;])  Neo you're the best ! You're Amazing ! (<3)

Wahhh even Migu write walls of text now !!! (shame) I hope it's not by spending too much time with Yami coz i don't wanna start to do it myself  ! (sob)

Thx migu anyway. (;]) (hat)

#10 CallumTD

CallumTD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:18 AM

View PostMigueliyo, on 01 July 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

Dark avenger: the common class, but is not that special without DA mode. His passive of red shield/iron skin is annoying. If you fight them in ladder or whenever that is not sb, surely ( at least from what i have seen) they will run away for recovering the CD and bubbles for using DA and destroy you. So rush them and dont let them do it. If is sb, they are not strong

That is all.

Edited by CallumTD, 17 July 2016 - 05:18 AM.

#11 Addely

Addely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Anselve
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • SerpentGang

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:36 PM

View PostDargunz, on 16 July 2016 - 01:06 AM, said:

@Papaya

Pretty much. Step aside, though, I still feel like stating that Gladiator is arguably the most effective class in PvP. A Gladiator who mastered his class should be unbeatable by any other class.
+1 q_q