Video - https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#2 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1138 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:32 PM

Hey, YanFactor. You provided a lot of evidence of those people not fighting in a pvp room. However, was that a mission room? If not, it's fairly common to see people creating rooms to play around doing silly stuff (which I guess it's fine, since then it would be their room). If this was a mission room they were either leeching or getting EXP from doing nothing, which is not fine. Please clarify that point so I know if I should forward it or not.

Have a nice day

PawHammer.

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed the "Mission room" on the SS, I will forward this.

#3 RinKokoa

RinKokoa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • -Alistair-
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Daikirai

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:59 PM

View PostPawHammer, on 18 July 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

Hey, YanFactor. You provided a lot of evidence of those people not fighting in a pvp room. However, was that a mission room? If not, it's fairly common to see people creating rooms to play around doing silly stuff (which I guess it's fine, since then it would be their room). If this was a mission room they were either leeching or getting EXP from doing nothing, which is not fine. Please clarify that point so I know if I should forward it or not.

Have a nice day

PawHammer.

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed the "Mission room" on the SS, I will forward this.
I think that even if its your room you cant farm exp by afishing. I remember Ancienne saying that people who joins a farm room will get a ban or so.

#4 vonhiel

vonhiel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • von
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Q8 / Daikirai

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:23 PM

easy kill went mad, couldnt kill now reporting them. U were af"King" as well tho, sad :'(

Edited by vonhiel, 18 July 2016 - 10:27 PM.

#5 YanFactor

YanFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Vispalsya
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • OnnA

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:34 AM

Have a nice day

PawHammer.

Yes, it were mission PVP rooms. I would not have created the topic, whether it's a different case.

#6 YanFactor

YanFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Vispalsya
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • OnnA

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:48 AM

View Postvonhiel, on 18 July 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

easy kill went mad, couldnt kill now reporting them. U were af"King" as well tho, sad :'(
What's wrong with me entering PvP-room and actually fighting? I found afk-ing people out there. Make your tea while you're in the locked room, not in the gold one. Please.

#7 CaptainCustard

CaptainCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Pandemona
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX / Divergent

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:41 PM

I don't believe that these players are at fault here. Anyone is welcome to join the mission room at any time and go for kills; and the players who were not focused on killing everything in sight are equally welcome to turn on them and deal with them.

In the case of a mission room, I believe intention of the player is key.

If I go into a mission room, I am most likely there for fun and for EXP - it is the best source of colosseum EXP. If I go in and there are only a small number of players there, and some of them are friends, am I required to tryhard and put in full effort to kill all of them?

In many cases doing so would take away the fun of the game. It is a game after all.

I'll also quote this:

View PostCaptainCustard, on 19 July 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

I would define system abuse - according to CC's guidelines and common sense - as either:
  • repeatedly creating / joining pvp rooms just to AFK in them, doing absolutely nothing at all - just being physically away from the game - while farming colosseum EXP. (This is especially bad in a mission room as it makes the team very likely to lose.)
  • or, farming kills off a "slave" character that just sits there for the sole purpose of giving kills.

Again, neither of these have been violated.

#8 sttb

sttb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Cedaur / Kasanera
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • OnnA

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:16 AM

View PostCaptainCustard, on 19 July 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

I don't believe that these players are at fault here. Anyone is welcome to join the mission room at any time and go for kills; and the players who were not focused on killing everything in sight are equally welcome to turn on them and deal with them.

So you don't want to fight, but you join PvP mission room. PvP. Player versus Player. Join public gold room. And don't fight. And want others not to fight.

In the case of a mission room, I believe intention of the player is key.

You join PvP room with intention to have a tea party? Or with intention to join PvP room?
PvP is intended to fight. If you're not going to, then at least make a private room where no one who joined to actually fight would kill you.

If I go into a mission room, I am most likely there for fun and for EXP - it is the best source of colosseum EXP. If I go in and there are only a small number of players there, and some of them are friends, am I required to tryhard and put in full effort to kill all of them?

No one asks you to partyhard and farm frags on your friends, but excuse me.

I'll also quote this:

Posted ImageCaptainCustard, on 19 July 2016 - 11:29 PM, said:

I would define system abuse - according to CC's guidelines and common sense - as either:
  • repeatedly creating / joining pvp rooms just to AFK in them, doing absolutely nothing at all - just being physically away from the game - while farming colosseum EXP. (This is especially bad in a mission room as it makes the team very likely to lose.)
  • or, farming kills off a "slave" character that just sits there for the sole purpose of giving kills.

Again, neither of these have been violated.

Again, PvP is intended to fight. They were having a tea party in a mission room. I don't see anything that would contradict the point of not using the mission room like it's intended to be used.

I think moderator's message says it all.

Nevermind, just noticed the "Mission room" on the SS, I will forward this.

#9 Spiritual

Spiritual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Secret
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Secret

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:02 AM

honestly i don't even see why some players get mad when some people farm exp
is it really to buy pvp costume ?
let's say u want it.....then....  just be a hardcore player and show what u worth before getting the rank!

let's take 2 peoples :
player x: gold rank class randomly let's say raven
player y: low rank same class

scenario1:
player x fights y and wins it's normal
but if player y beats him ( shame on him :/ )

scenario2: (as it's known some hate to fight their mirrors ( or their own class) )
player y can beat the players ( or op classes ) which player x can't beat ( shame on player x :/ )

scenario3: (group pvp is another story)
player x: doesn't play group pvp  No problem
player x and player y both of them play group pvp

if player Y is gettin way more (kills + assist) continously then... ( shame on player x :/ )
( i had to add assist to not say a pro kser  / kills + assist is more like a smart helper)

// personnally i hate being ranked i would accept it if i'm really sure that i'm the best on my ranked class that's my point of view

#10 Thauma

Thauma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:25 PM

View PostSpiritual, on 22 July 2016 - 01:02 AM, said:

honestly i don't even see why some players get mad when some people farm exp
is it really to buy pvp costume ?
let's say u want it.....then....  just be a hardcore player and show what u worth before getting the rank!

let's take 2 peoples :
player x: gold rank class randomly let's say raven
player y: low rank same class

scenario1:
player x fights y and wins it's normal
but if player y beats him ( shame on him :/ )

scenario2: (as it's known some hate to fight their mirrors ( or their own class) )
player y can beat the players ( or op classes ) which player x can't beat ( shame on player x :/ )

scenario3: (group pvp is another story)
player x: doesn't play group pvp  No problem
player x and player y both of them play group pvp

if player Y is gettin way more (kills + assist) continously then... ( shame on player x :/ )
( i had to add assist to not say a pro kser  / kills + assist is more like a smart helper)

// personnally i hate being ranked i would accept it if i'm really sure that i'm the best on my ranked class that's my point of view
Use one colour if you want someone to actually read it. (It's pain to look at it)

@down
Yep, it's okay if you want people to not read your posts simply make everything colorful.

Edited by Thauma, 24 July 2016 - 07:37 PM.

#11 Spiritual

Spiritual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Secret
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Secret

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:31 AM

View PostThauma, on 23 July 2016 - 08:25 PM, said:

Use one colour if you want someone to actually read it. (It's pain to look at it)

for me it's the opposite i can't read with one color.
if it's a long paragraph i pass (one color is a pain for me aswell :)  )
// still my point of view and i respect yours

#12 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1138 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:54 PM

I would like to ask you guys to not derail this thread any further. If you wish to discuss about when pvp rooms are for fighting and when for chilling and having a casual fight with friends, I suggest you go to General Discussion.