11 replies to this topic

#1 OPLAZ

OPLAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:07 PM

hey i want to make saint, so if anyone can tell me this build will be good or no
https://dnmaze.com/s...0---0--00--00--

#2 MuchAshe

MuchAshe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1341 posts
  • Injector
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:25 AM

PvP or PvE?

#3 OPLAZ

OPLAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:45 AM

PVE

#4 Soullo

Soullo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • StardustAX
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Blackout

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:43 AM

If it's suit your playstyle, stick with this build.

Otherwise:
1 - Sliding Knee kick can be really dangerous. For utility purpose saint have holy kick (or whatever is called the second kick). So don't take it or if you want only at lv 1

2- drop Mind Breaker from 11 to 1 because you rarely use this as saint. Only used to debuff for 1-2 second

3- Holy burst at lv 1 is only a waste of 3 sp, You can either don't take it, lv it at 11 or max it. Your choice

4 - Lightning Relic at lv 1, no need to up this because it's only used to cast minirelic and than Shock of Relic.

5 - Miracle Relic at lv 2 it's a no no, the dps is really low compared to all the other skills. Put it at lv 1 for the buff and take Heavenly Judjement at least at 1 to clear dungeon faster.

Edited by Soullo, 20 July 2016 - 02:45 AM.

#5 OPLAZ

OPLAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:15 AM

i changed something
what about now? which techniques and skill plates should i use?

#6 Theoderich

Theoderich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:32 AM

What's the purpose of your Saint? Full Support or support/sub-burst?

Depending on whatever you will choose of these 2 options, the techniques and plates might differ a lot.

For the build, I think you should not take Holy Burst at all, the AoE is bad, the casting animation slow and the damage is underwhelming, even on Inquisitor. Rather put these points into Grand Cross, Lightning Bolt or Mind Breaker, because their DPS and utility is way higher than Holy Burst; that's mainly because Holy Burst requires you to be in the most unpreferable situation a Saint can get into: being surrounded/encircled by enemies, close enough to get melee-attacked, to effectively hit enemies. And the CD is with 25 seconds the worst of all those skills you could get. Mind Breaker deals better damage at close range and can be casted during evasion, so for close range you should opt for Mind Breaker.

Since Saint skill awakening will include Grand Cross, why not try to become familiar with this skill? It deals ok damage and has a rather high attack range with decent CD time (15 seconds).
First Aid seems rather good, but I didn't take it since I don't want to take damage to trigger it, and even if I get hit, most of the damage is low thanks to Toughness and high base Def of my gear. Note that since First Aid scales with matk, unless you have high matk, the healing rate will be low, and if you're wearing lgrades and have high VIT, the proportional healing power will become pretty low(20-25% max HP or lower). However, maybe it works very well with Healing skill jades stacked on armor (up to +80% additional healing rate on getting hit), if they take priority over First Aid, resulting in a doubled healing that could hit well over 50% of your maximum health.
That would have to be tested first, though, if it holds true for the skill.

For techniques& heraldries, you have various options[N=Necklace; E=Earring;R=Ring]:
1. Full support:
Techs: Binding Relic(N),Heal(E),Grand Cross/Mind Breaker®,Shock of Relic®
Plates: Binding Relic CD, Heal CD, Healing Relic CD, Cure Relic CD
Skill Heraldry : Heal

2. Semi Support:
Techs: Binding Relic(N), Detonate(E), Grand Cross/Mind Breaker®,Shock of Relic®
Plates: Binding Relic CD, Lightning Relic CD, Healing Relic CD, Cure Relic CD
Skill Heraldry : Shock of Relic

3. sub-burst/semi-support:
Techs: Shock of Relic® [the rest is either RDN lgrade-accessories for FD bonus or the usual techs]
Plates: Binding Relic CD, Lightning Relic CD, Cure Relic CD, Shock of Relic damage
Skill Heraldry : Shock of Relic

It's actually pretty nice to play a little more "offensive", since you can burst quite well and help to kill bosses way faster during raids/nests or skip some mechanics. However, it mostly depends on your party setup and the capabilities of your team;
if they are inexperienced and/or incooperating (meaning they trigger mechanics before you can burst) and/or run suicidal mode, you should rather stick to a more balanced/defensive/conservative setup of techniques and plates. The skills, however, are mostly the same and only depend on personal preference for the spare points (i.e. which damaging skills you want to level up aside from Chain Lightning and Shock of Relic). If you plan to do RDN/Daildalos HC, you should get Holy Kick to lvl 6 for utility.

This should be the basic build

The rest of the points can be spent whereever; this is my current build, just as a reference;
I'll exchange the points spent in Lightning Bolt and Mind Breaker later on for Grand Cross after the skill awakening, because their range is bad for raiding. I also maxed Lightning Relic because I felt it was a waste to spend more points into skills I rarely use outside of dailies/Nightmare stage; I'd rather have my Lightning Relic and Mini relics deal more damage, because they are crucial for Shock of Relic.

#7 Schiz

Schiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:13 PM

spare points on whatever, I'd say mind breaker for single target and chain lightning for dailies and whatnot. Also, while low level CL is still okay dmg, MB does poop damage if it's not maxed. Holy burst is weak, but ok for mob cleaning I guess. CL+detonate does it better though.

For plates:

solo: Lightning Relic CD, Shock of Relic DMG, Binding Relic CD, detonate DMG (or any filler)
raid (geared for some damage): Lightning Relic CD, Shock of Relic DMG, Cure Relic CD, Miracle Relic CD
raid (full support): Binding relic CD, Cure Relic CD, Miracle Relic CD, Healing Relic CD

techniques:
solo/geared for dps: Shock of relic ring, RDNL on the rest or any filler (only the m.atk ring is expensive nowadays anyway, and if you have one from other classes, you're good to go)

support: either lightning relic +1 necklace, or if you have it from weapon costume then any shining/tent/healthy 90 necklace, heal earrings with vit or defenses, shock of relic ring, any sage or filler 90 ring

Lightning Relic EX drops with striking+left click are your second strongest DPS after shock of relic. There's no reason not to max it on any build, no filler skill is strong enough to justify spending points (not even detonate really), they're only useful to kill mobs in dailes really.

#8 OPLAZ

OPLAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:46 PM

thanks for info i think ill make my own build: https://dnmaze.com/s...0---0--00--00--

and those plates:
Plates: Shock of Relic DMG, Heal CD, Healing Relic CD, Cure Relic CD

techniques
shock of relic, heal, other ill think more :D

#9 Soullo

Soullo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • StardustAX
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Blackout

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:14 PM

Lightning relic maxed, what a waste really.
It never fully hit with the minirelic except for dragon sometimes and the damage is only good when it drops because it doesn't increase from 1 to 19 except from projectiles: if you want a 48% magic damage per projectile other than 24% go for it, but better take another skill to do dungeon and daily faster. Just my opinion.
Remember that saint in nest and raid do for than half damage only with SoR and with nothing else, so concentrate on that ^^

Edited by Soullo, 20 July 2016 - 05:17 PM.

#10 OPLAZ

OPLAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:39 PM

then i think ill max lightning bolt, its doing nice dmg for dungs

#11 Soullo

Soullo

• Members
  • PipPip