Builds
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler

Stat maxing priorities
Spoiler

Best buddies of crusader
Spoiler

Edited by Schiz, 10 August 2016 - 06:26 PM.

#2 Evrard

Evrard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1790 posts
  • .Zali.
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ArgEffect

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:40 AM

sweet guide, just 1 thing, I'd say before m.att/str you should add light attack to the priority list, since elemental attack works exactly the same as FD

#3 Schiz

Schiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:35 AM

Thanks for pointing that out as I didn't even think of mentioning it however:

- crusader has very high innate light attack (elem. self buff, no need for conversion jades)
- crusader has quite low attack and m.attack (as you can see mine is fully geared and still it doesn't even go over 200k while pretty much all my RDNL chars are above that. m.atk is even worse)
- L-grade jades give both attack and m.atk and crusader benefits from both

so no, crusader benefits way more from stacking raw dmg over element attack, and the only time when the two things conflict is rings (techs vs l-grades)

any other place, it all depends on what title you're using, what CS items you have and so on. There's not many way to "stack" element attack, it comes natural with your char progression (CS decals, CS rings, new epic costumes and so on). If you lack all of those, techs might be better, also cause you'll probably need that extra crit. But for well geared crus, "not enough light%" is not an issue at all.
and even for poop geared crus, if you slap 2 mixed RDNL rings with L jades, they alone are gonna make for half your m.atk/atk or something xD so it might probably still be better to go RDNL...

Just to give an example, even for solo builds in 80 cap fatal jades were better than light if you weren't crit capped. So outside of the obvious "Go light over magician or destruction jades" there's not much stacking you can do anyway. Also, like FD, light attack gives diminishing returns the more of it you have. So when (for example) I can get over 80% light self buffed, that extra 10% from dual tech rings is less than actual 10% dmg increase which does not compensate for all that raw str and int and atk and matk I can get from RDNL rings + jades (especially on the m.atk side).

Edited by Schiz, 22 July 2016 - 08:41 AM.

#4 Evrard

Evrard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1790 posts
  • .Zali.
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ArgEffect

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:43 AM

I get that, but I mean I wouldn't recommend going magician jades over light jades, that's what I mean.

#5 justlinh

justlinh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

Excuse me, but I beg to differ here.
What is the point of all those %ele debuffs and light buffs of our skills if you stack atk/matk over %ele?
-20% ele resis from HR
-15% light resis from Smite INS
+20% light attack from Elemental Aura
+10% light attack from the sphere of Awakened HR
+10.2% light attack from dual skill U rings
=> 75.2% more damage just for those is way better than a tiny 1k5-2k raw attack boost from RDNL rings, don't you thi k? (even with law of diminishing returns). Not to mention the %atk boost applied directly on skills. (From those skill rings). My crusader uses full set skill U access and is still capable of outdamaging yours and reaching 89% crit cap (intown) and 274% crit damage (in-town).
By the way can you share me the link proved that ele attack works exactly like FD with the law of diminishing returns applied? Thank you in advance!

#6 Schiz

Schiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:17 PM

1) Show the link where you outdamage my crus (not being ****y, I'm actually curious)

2) pulling numbers randomly that are completely unrelated to the issues of techniques vs RDNL doesn't help you explain your point. Can't explain in detail right now as I got to catch a flight soon, but you don't have the right idea of how element attack stacking works, has nothing to do with debuffs, all 10% light means is "10% more damage when you use a light attack". And it stacks additively which means each extra % of light you get is worth slightly less than the previous one. Debuffs don't relate in any way with how much light attack you have as it is an entirely separate multiplier which interacts with the enemy's element resistance, not your element attack.

All those light buffs you mentioned do not conflict with raw stats, only tech rings do. So except for those, you can have everything else no matter what.

Definitely, two technique rings don't give you 75% more damage alone. Of course you'll be using light jades, as I said in the post above the only place where you can argue light vs raw stats is accessories. And RDNL are better than techs unless you have 100% fd without the aid of RDNL.

It is precisely because of all these light buffs we can get "for free" that adding even more light from techniques at the cost of attack/m.atk/str/int/fd RDNL provides is not optimal.

3) grasp the basic concepts of maths to understand why when you add too much of one number and too little of the other and multiply themselves, you end up with a lower result.

Example:

1 * 1.9  = 1.9
1,1 * 1.8  = 1,98
1.2 * 1.7  = 2,04

so if you stack a crapton on light (in this case, number on the right) but your attack (number on the left) is too low, you will get these dreaded "diminishing returns"

Lgrade rings+jades dont give you "1.5-2k". they give way more than that, plus FD from jades and set bonus, plus extra stats from STR and INT so even more attack under JP.

Take into consideration that my crusader has 62% light in town, 82% self buffed without techs. Missing 2016 rings and L-grade title, or it'd be up to 88%. Which is where I'm taking the "80 to 90% light" number from.

As for crit cap, I can switch my full 2015 set a bit and use the event necklace+2016 spirit for 15% extra crit (well overcapped, barely losing any dmg). Even without that, I'm crit capped with just genie. Crit from techniques isn't needed at all, at least for me.

Edited by Schiz, 10 August 2016 - 07:07 PM.

#7 MuchAshe

MuchAshe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1213 posts
  • Injector
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:04 PM

View Postjustlinh, on 10 August 2016 - 02:06 PM, said:

My crusader uses full set skill U access and is still capable of outdamaging yours and reaching 89% crit cap (intown) and 274% crit damage (in-town).

Popcorn, anyone?

#8 TrollingGod

TrollingGod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • TrollingGod
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:17 PM

MuchAshe, on 10 August 2016 - 10:04 PM, said:

Popcorn, anyone?
Can I have some please?

#9 MuchAshe

MuchAshe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1213 posts
  • Injector
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:15 AM

TrollingGod, on 14 August 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Can I have some please?

*passes bucket*

#10 justlinh

justlinh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:43 PM

This is when I am using full set access skill U (:])

Spoiler

#11 justlinh

justlinh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:52 PM

So I've followed your guide and switched to 2 RDNL rings and this is the result:
Spoiler

P/S: I'm from server VN, btw.