Does The Learning Curve For Flurry Steep?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 GabrielHeng

GabrielHeng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:17 PM

Hello all, I main gladiator for a while ago. Then, I was caught up with the flurry gameplay recently after I ran dz with my guild mates.

Just wonderin does the learning curve to master flurry steep? Because gladi one was kinda easy, 2 combo sets, rinse an repeat an FA then you're done. The only downside for gladi is the lack of aoe which flurry has plenty, am I right?

Let's say I am the type of player whose reactions are kinda slow, sometimes I just can't run to a safer place to dodge boss attack, so I need a lot of iframe skills to support me, eg, parry for gladi, do you think flurry is the class for me?

I haven't studied much in flurry as I just watched a few YouTube videos and I am already kinda caught up with her. So, flurry players, advice please.

Thanks!

#2 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10248 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:52 PM

>Flurry
>Plenty AoE
Not sure what are you talking about. Flurry only has 1 AoE, if you discount ulti.

As for the other questions, it's subjective.
Whether or not Flurry learning curve is steep or is it the class for you, only you can tell for yourselves.
Easy for someone doesn't necessarily easy for others, same goes for difficult.

#3 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:31 PM

Sorry to say but only you can answer your question. Play Flurry for awhile then judge it based on your experience.

#4 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:30 PM

Flurry does have alot of i-frame but i doubt you'll use it wisely since the iframe mostly from Flag/Tumble/LollipopChups with time less than 1 sec (lol)
and no flurry parry isnt good as glad. if you're pvp type you know flurry hornet only used to escape or parry some expected skill

#5 galeweaver

galeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:56 PM

if you are used to playing combo type classes like gladi, acro, chasers, then you might have an easier time learning Flurry. How she plays out you will have to try and then judge for yourself.

Coming from these classes I just mentioned, I started with Sting breezer but ended up having a very difficult time esp in PVP(but SB does have a steeper learning curve), class changed her to Flurry and I picked up the playstyle almost immediately and had no trouble for the most part be it PVP or PVE.

I haven't played flurry post-revamp though so I'm not sure if Spinning Skewer spamming is still their main playstyle since they did buff up a lot of Lancea's skill damage.

#6 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:03 PM

View Postgaleweaver, on 01 August 2016 - 10:56 PM, said:

if you are used to playing combo type classes like gladi, acro, chasers, then you might have an easier time learning Flurry. How she plays out you will have to try and then judge for yourself.

Coming from these classes I just mentioned, I started with Sting breezer but ended up having a very difficult time esp in PVP(but SB does have a steeper learning curve), class changed her to Flurry and I picked up the playstyle almost immediately and had no trouble for the most part be it PVP or PVE.

I haven't played flurry post-revamp though so I'm not sure if Spinning Skewer spamming is still their main playstyle since they did buff up a lot of Lancea's skill damage.
Its spinning cut but abit harder tho people use "Macros" for it in pve.
for Spinning Skewer is abit harder than before since the skill is nerfed to 2 second vulnerable status altho the cd is 2 second.

pvp wise sb is good if they took the flurry tree with them they barely breaking super armour (lol)
and skewer is main damage in pvp with 5 sec vulner status.

#7 Refeyl

Refeyl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Rezyal / Reyban
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PinkyFish

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:43 PM

Hi mate, welcome to the Lancea paradisuuu !!

Flurry doesn't have a lot of AoE, but a significant part of her skills has a decent range for a melee class. Less wide than Dancers' ones  but way more wide than Gladiator's. So you can clean of bunch a mob rather quickly !! Just check Stab Screw EX, Spinning Swing EX, Spinning Cut EX, Rough Sweep EX + Rough Sweep Ins. Even Dent Blow can be useful while leveling.

Moreover, Lancea has a lot of mobility and i-frames. Don't forget Piercing Spike who can be useful in some situation (jump + i-frame at the rising part). Just keep in mind that it has literally no SA and can totally screw you up if you use it recklessly in PvP.

View PostXaelCry, on 01 August 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

and no flurry parry isnt good as glad. if you're pvp type you know flurry hornet only used to escape or parry some expected skill

Legend says, if you pray hard enough, Hornet's Touch will eventually work with no bug. (lol)

Edited by Refeyl, 01 August 2016 - 11:45 PM.

#8 Fathom

Fathom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:19 PM

Imo, pvp is hard, pve's soso post revamp.

Edited by Fathom, 16 October 2016 - 06:24 PM.

#9 Fathom

Fathom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:22 PM

View PostFathom, on 16 October 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

Imo, pvp is hard, pve's soso post awakening.

im a genius, post revamp~

Edited by Fathom, 16 October 2016 - 06:23 PM.

#10 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:33 AM

AoE? No. The only skill that comes close to "AoE" is full-charge Spinning Cut, all else are just large hit-box skills.

Relatively, flurries are easy to play, you just spam spam spam, wait for vulnerable to pop up and just Spinning Skewer that beetch. However, if you can't land red slash Spinning Cuts 9/10 times, then you're not getting maximum potential.

The way I see it, the real difficulty in Flurry gameplay lies in timing your spinning cuts well enough to make sure they hit, and releasing them prefectly, EVERY TIME, so that they land as red slashes. No red slash = sheyt damage.

As for support iframe skills, tough luck. Hornet's Touch is VERY hard to time, parry and evasion slash are waaaaaaay easier to time than Hornet's Touch. So you need to brush up on your tumble and dodging skills if you want to maximize a Flurry.

#11 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5963 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:44 PM

for some reason, im hardly able to use hornet properly when playing my flurry, even tho her cm1 utilizes hornet to recover fatigue, but i almost always utilize it on my sb... (shame)

Edited by xEquation, 17 October 2016 - 02:44 PM.

#12 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:15 PM

View PostxEquation, on 17 October 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

for some reason, im hardly able to use hornet properly when playing my flurry, even tho her cm1 utilizes hornet to recover fatigue, but i almost always utilize it on my sb... (shame)
Shutter bounce have a few sec before you can use hornet
Cannot use hornet during hornet touch ._.
Have timing problem during Skewer (moving type) and Rough sweep (moving type) + Hornet

The only thing that blend in with hornet is Stab Screw and Spinning swing (lol)

and it mght depend on pilot  ,the only thing i have problem in sb is the Poking beehive + hornet during different situation

#13 xEquation

xEquation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5963 posts
  • PepperPoke | EonKreuz
  • DN, Holywood
  • Phyrexians | Treadstone

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:02 AM

for beehive, i almost always get to use hornet to evade, but at the cost of beehive's dmg (most of the time i only let the spikes to explode and cancelled it immediately when bosses skill comes). the trick is to immediately turn around ur camera when casting hornet to get away from the aoe