Addely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Anselve
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • SerpentGang

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:47 AM

Just when will devs wake up to boost her??? She's literally terrible, and it's only getting worse [june patch, she pretty much got ONLY nerfed (magical breeze 60 sec CD 15 sec duration while nerfing the FD increase from 30% -> 20%, just lol) Sentinel's been getting downhill since 60 cap, and when they finally boost acros they completely forget about sentinel and even nerf her, just what.. (dmg changes too, swift shot 700% -> ~390% and others)

Edited by Addely, 09 August 2016 - 12:48 AM.

#2 Flashbaka

Flashbaka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Flashbaka / Fleshbek
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:27 PM

Kinda obvious whats going on, be4 each patch they toss a dice to see which class gets nerfed and it keeps hitting sentinel.
Most logical explanation ....

#3 YamiZero

YamiZero

• 1197 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:35 AM

// Moved to Archer forum section.

#4 Addely

Addely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Anselve
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • SerpentGang

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:34 AM

View PostYamiZero, on 10 August 2016 - 12:35 AM, said:

// Moved to Archer forum section.

That subforum is more for builds or tips and not discussing balance of it tho.. but ok

#5 Naerwin

Naerwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Khyrrigan, Senkahara
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • PinkyFish / ex-Askaw

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:28 PM

Balance Will be done with 93cap and the awakening changes : Arti"s playstyle will lean on the barrage which is an active awakening and will take the fatal bubbles. Swift shot board nerf si acceptable as the rotation almost does not use it as normal cast : frag shot is cone-shapec instead of circle-shaped, so better to use, swift is mainly used with the harpoon marker. All in all, gameplay Will change drastically (1520% per mortar shot, 3 shorts per normal cast, 9 per fatal cast as the new dps pillar), but imo it Will be for the better than worse.
Plus i cant complain on the MB fd nerf when we get a huge  additionnal 23% INT/AGI on Spirit accel, topping it up to 50%, which will mean an even better INT scaling, system that will also be generally buffed, and a ridiculously easy crit cap to achieve with 50% AGI on it.

More info :
http://forum.cherryc...ng-detailsinfo/

#6 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2880 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

Unless DN NA has a different artillery than DN SEA, it is not really that weak right now though. @.@

#7 Addely

Addely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Anselve
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • SerpentGang

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:25 AM

View Postzuyi, on 16 August 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

Unless DN NA has a different artillery than DN SEA, it is not really that weak right now though. @.@

This is DN EU..

#8 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2880 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:00 AM

View PostAddely, on 17 August 2016 - 01:25 AM, said:

This is DN EU..

Oh my bad ._.

What was the latest revamp for sentinels there? The one with 1.4k% Detonating Arrows (Lvl 50 skill) is there yet? That revamp will make them quite strong, even before 93 arrives.

Also about the swift shot board damage nerf Naerwin mentioned, they finally fix the core board damage for swift shot with that patch, so it will depend on swift shot itself instead of depending on the damage of scope arrow, so technically all core swift shots will have a chance to land every single hit, so it isn't actually so bad. And we won't have to go in melee range to cast it anymore.

#9 Schiz

Schiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:48 PM

We got 15 second CD deto arrow with that damage you mentioned yes

Sentinel is still horrible.

Reasons:

- one of the worst DPS classes when it comes to doing damage

- one of the worst classes in general with zero reason to take one in party other than ""dps"". Nobody on a serious raid usually needs archer buff to cap.

- and if you need archer buf, then senti is worst archer, I don't know if sentinel is better or worse than wind walker, but at the very least wind walker has an EX debuff. Tempest is okay (better dmg + EX debuff), sniper is an actual damage dealer so the lack of utility/support for pt isn't relevant.

As the revamps for this cap are pretty much done, just wait 93 cap and pray.

#10 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2880 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

View PostSchiz, on 17 August 2016 - 04:48 PM, said:

We got 15 second CD deto arrow with that damage you mentioned yes

Sentinel is still horrible.

Reasons:

- one of the worst DPS classes when it comes to doing damage

- one of the worst classes in general with zero reason to take one in party other than ""dps"". Nobody on a serious raid usually needs archer buff to cap.

- and if you need archer buf, then senti is worst archer, I don't know if sentinel is better or worse than wind walker, but at the very least wind walker has an EX debuff. Tempest is okay (better dmg + EX debuff), sniper is an actual damage dealer so the lack of utility/support for pt isn't relevant.

As the revamps for this cap are pretty much done, just wait 93 cap and pray.

Non-FD Sentinels in DN SEA without genesis rings and all that, no +13s, do around 25m~ DPS in IDN, I don't think that's horrible. Definitely better than Acrobats. They still aren't anywhere near Chasers or Dancers or Gladiators, but they aren't that bad.

#11 MuchAshe

MuchAshe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • MuchAshe/Injector
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:12 PM

View Postzuyi, on 17 August 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

Non-FD Sentinels in DN SEA without genesis rings and all that, no +13s, do around 25m~ DPS in IDN, I don't think that's horrible. Definitely better than Acrobats. They still aren't anywhere near Chasers or Dancers or Gladiators, but they aren't that bad.

Highly doubt that as even with full FD we only get up to like 35m DPS. Can you provide any proof?

Edit: Actually I don't think any Sentinel cleared IDN in SEA.

Edited by MuchAshe, 17 August 2016 - 06:18 PM.

#12 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2880 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:58 PM

View PostMuchAshe, on 17 August 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

Highly doubt that as even with full FD we only get up to like 35m DPS. Can you provide any proof?

Edit: Actually I don't think any Sentinel cleared IDN in SEA.

His party is currently in stage 3, only has basic gear FD, something under 4k, which is non-FD as far as I'm concerned.
If you doubt it then that's alright. I don't really have much motivation to provide proofs to be honest, you can either take my word for it or not.

In my opinion, certain classes are played in certain way on different servers, maybe the sentinels on EU aren't that good. If I had to talk about SEA, a lot of the SS in DNSEA play way worse than the SS you would see in CDN, it's as if it were a completely different class. And I say that while taking difference in gear/eq into consideration. If someone says Artillery are worse than WW, as a person who has played all 4 archer classes, in the current time, I find that a very far-fetched claim.

#13 MuchAshe

MuchAshe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • MuchAshe/Injector
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:07 PM

View Postzuyi, on 17 August 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

His party is currently in stage 3, only has basic gear FD, something under 4k, which is non-FD as far as I'm concerned.
If you doubt it then that's alright. I don't really have much motivation to provide proofs to be honest, you can either take my word for it or not.

In my opinion, certain classes are played in certain way on different servers, maybe the sentinels on EU aren't that good. If I had to talk about SEA, a lot of the SS in DNSEA play way worse than the SS you would see in CDN, it's as if it were a completely different class. And I say that while taking difference in gear/eq into consideration. If someone says Artillery are worse than WW, as a person who has played all 4 archer classes, in the current time, I find that a very far-fetched claim.

So no clear and we are talking about DPS on certain bosses. My 4k-FD SS got up to 40m, by 3k-FD Physician does 21m, my 3k-FD Saint does 17m. I really don't think 25m is good for a DPS class.
I'll take your word for it, but I won't agree that Sentinel is anywhere near good. No useful buff, no useful debuff, low DPS. There is nothing that would make me want a Sentinel/Artillery in my party at the current time. Even Silver Hunter is more useful.

#14 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2880 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:15 PM

View PostMuchAshe, on 17 August 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

So no clear and we are talking about DPS on certain bosses. My 4k-FD SS got up to 40m, by 3k-FD Physician does 21m, my 3k-FD Saint does 17m. I really don't think 25m is good for a DPS class.
I'll take your word for it, but I won't agree that Sentinel is anywhere near good. No useful buff, no useful debuff, low DPS. There is nothing that would make me want a Sentinel/Artillery in my party at the current time. Even Silver Hunter is more useful.

25m was for the whole run without ever stopping the meter I think. I think phys should do higher than that though, but anyway yes, both bowmasters suck as far as party utility goes, I was never saying that, but it's definitely not so bad as to be compared to acros.

Just saying that compared to classes like ML, acros, GM (?) (not really sure about GM but the ones I play with kind of under-perform), All sorcs, AW, Inqui, Crus it is still better as far as DPS goes, so you can't call it "one of the worst" without having like 10 classes in the worst category. It's not S or A tier, but it isn't at D either, that's all. Just that some classes (Chasers, Dancers, Gladi, Flurry, SS) have been boosted greatly so they are almost always there in party line-ups, but that doesn't mean there aren't worse classes than it.

I agree that acros, inqui, crus still have their stacking debuffs, but other than that, talking purely about dps, it's still not one of the worst.