Introduction To Gladiator Awakening In 93 Cap (Pve)

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:27 PM

Hi everyone, I'm 47BuLLeT, a Newbie Gladiator here. From my observation, there isn't any discussion of the upcoming Gladiator Awakening in the forum. Therefore, I decided to make a post here. In fact, I have written this around 2 weeks ago. Hopefully, you guys can benefit from reading this Guide.

Most information here will be based on CDN ver 264/KDN ver 710. Nevertheless, I will briefly talk about changes in other versions as well. English Translation of some of the Skills may not be the final translation when 93 Cap arrives in DN SEA. Lastly, if I made any mistakes in this Guide, feel free to let me know.

========== INDEX ==========

#2: CD Reduction Mechanism - Lv.65 Passive (Important)

2.1: How does Lv.65 Passive work?

2.2: How can we apply it in the battle?

2.3: Some Examples - Side Dodge/Hyper Drive/Finish Attack

#3: Timeline of Gladiator Awakening

3.1: Phase 1

3.2: Phase 2

3.3: Phase 3

#4: Awakening Page - Skill Tree Information

#5: Detailed Analysis of Awakening Skills

5.1: Brave/Front Shove/Parry/Triple Slash

5.2: Hyper Drive/Side Dodge

5.3: Some Bugs of Awakening Gladiator

#6: Gameplay of Awakening Gladiator in 93 Cap + My Skill Build

6.1: Gameplay

6.2: My Skill Build

6.3: Recommendation of the Skill Heraldry

#2 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:30 PM

CD Reduction Mechanism - Lv.65 Passive

I will start with this, as it is a very important concept of Gladiator Awakening. You must understand this Mechanism before moving on to the remaining part of this Guide.

This type of gameplay is purely invented by our Players, particularly 四季彩 who has posted it on the duowan forum. In addition, such gameplay is not intended by the Developers in the first place, and thus, KDN has removed it in the latest update, which I will explain later on.

All information below is correct based on CDN ver 264/KDN ver 710.

==========

How does Lv.65 Passive work?

First of all, let's take a closer look at the Description of Lv.65 Passive, it was taken from DN SEA.

Posted Image

As we can see, when maximum 20 [Physical Rising] is achieved, CD of [Main Skills] will be reduced by 50%. I'll simply state [Physical Rising] as [Bubbles] from now onwards. There are 5 [Main Skills] which their CD are affected: Triple Slash, Front Shove, Hacking Stance, Line Drive, Evasion Slash. In layman's terms, if the number of Bubbles is less than 20 initially, and you achieve 20 stacks of Bubbles later on by using some of your Skills, the CD of all 5 [Main Skills] stated above will be halved.

Hence, we can make use of this concept to reduce the CD of [Main Skills] continuously and increase our overall DPS in the long run.

==========

How can we apply it in the battle?

We can let the number of Bubbles fall below 20 stacks intentionally, and max it again immediately, by keep on repeating the above process and the CD of [Main Skills] will be halved almost infinitely.

Currently, there are 3 Skills which consume Bubbles, namely Side Dodge (4), Hyper Drive (15), Finish Attack (15). On the other hand, [Awakening] Brave is able to gain Bubbles almost instantly, 10+1 stacks of Bubbles when it hits the Boss. We will make use of these few Skills later on.

The main purpose in making use of CD Reduction Mechanism (Lv.65 Passive) is to maximise DPS in the long run. By reducing the CD of [Main Skills], we can use the [Main Skills] more frequently, in particular, the Line Drive. Line Drive is still one of the Main DPS Skills in 93 Cap for Gladiator.

==========

Let us take a look at some examples

Observe the CD of Line Drive in the following videos. Line Drive is at the second last icon from the right on my Skill Bar.

Posted Image

Side Dodge

Spoiler

Hyper Drive

Spoiler

Finish Attack

Spoiler

Edited by suineg, 14 August 2016 - 02:57 PM.

#3 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:30 PM

Timeline of Gladiator Awakening

This section may sound a bit like “history lessons”, nevertheless, I believe it’s still necessary to explain some of the major changes that the Gladiator has gone through in KDN after Awakening, which leaves a significant impact on the gameplay. On my own, I classified them into 3 Major Phases, and each Phase has directly or indirectly affected the gameplay of Gladiator to certain extent.

===== Phase 1 =====

Spoiler

===== Phase 2 =====

Spoiler

===== Phase 3 =====

Spoiler

Take Note: When 93 Cap - Awakening arrives in DN SEA in future, I’m really not sure which version of KDN will DN SEA follow (either Phase 2 or Phase 3). You guys just take note when the 93 Cap arrives.

==========

Finalised Patch Note for CDN ver 264 (Phase 2 adjustment): http://bit.ly/2atD8Ub

Edited by suineg, 14 August 2016 - 04:10 PM.

#4 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:33 PM

Awakening Page - Skill Tree Information

~~~~~

Posted Image

~~~~~

===== Requirements to unlock the Skills =====

[Awakening] Brave - Lv.90; Brave 9/9; 3 Skill Point(s)

[Awakening] Front Shove - Lv.91; Front Shove 17/17; Front Shove EX 1/1; 3 Skill Point(s)

[Awakening] Parry - Lv.92; Parry 2/2; 3 Skill Point(s)

[Awakening] Triple Slash - Lv.93; Triple Slash 19/19; Triple Slash EX 1/1 ; 3 Skill Point(s)

Side Dodge - Lv.90; Evasion Slash 8/8; 3 Skill Point(s)

Hyper Drive - Lv.93; Line Drive 13/13; Line Drive EX 1/1; 3 Skill Point(s)

For example, if you want to unlock [Awakening] Parry, you character must be at least Lv.92. In addition, the Parry Skill in the Swordmaster Tree must be 2/2. Lastly, you need to have 3 spare Skill Points to unlock.

===== Take Note =====

Let's say if you use Skill Accessories (with +1 effect) to max the prerequisite Skill; for example, you're using Parry +1 Skill Ring to make Parry 2/2, you will realise that you'll be unable to unlock the [Awakening] Parry.

Basically, you need to "physically" add Parry to 2/2 in order to unlock it, without relying on +1 effect from the Skill Accessories, Costume Weapons, Skill Up Heraldry, etc. Same goes to the other Skills in the Awakening Page.

Edited by suineg, 14 August 2016 - 01:10 PM.

#5 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Detailed Analysis of Awakening Skills

[Awakening] Brave

Spoiler

[Awakening] Front Shove

Spoiler

[Awakening] Parry

Spoiler

[Awakening] Triple Slash

Spoiler

=====

Hyper Drive

Spoiler

Side Dodge

Spoiler

Some Bugs of Awakening Gladiator

~~ CDN ver 264 ~~

Very Common: Front Shove - With “W” Key results in No Damage done to the Boss.

Common: When you activate Parry by using left click, the iframe of Parry will be gone.

Rare: After using [Awakening] Brave, the amount of Bubbles will disappear in 5s (Initially is 60s).

Rare: Hyper Drive does No Damage

Extremely Rare: Finish Attack recover the HP of the Boss (from observation, if the Single Hit of FA EX is greater than 2.1 Billion, the HP of the Boss will be recovered)

~~~~~

Hopefully, Developers will fix the Bugs when Awakening arrives in DN SEA in the future.

Edited by suineg, 20 August 2016 - 02:57 AM.

#6 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Gameplay

Some of my personal advice: make sure you’ve read through and clearly understood #2 (CD Reduction Mechanism - Lv.65 Passive) & #3 (Timeline of Gladiator Awakening) of this Guide before moving on to this section.

Personally, to be honest, I don't really like the Awakening playstyle of the Gladiator, I feel like I am playing a completely new Class instead. I still prefer the "Hacking Stance era", despite Gladiator is pretty weak at that point of time, I kinda feel fun and exciting when playing. Nevertheless, we have to move on and adapt to changes.

After Awakening, Gladiator requires greater Skills & more Thinking in order to play well as compared to the 90 Cap. Indeed, the changes are pretty significant as compared to the past few Caps, and I bet the majority of the players will have a hard time to adapt to it. Nevertheless, after you've got used to it, you'll realise that there are a lot of different playstyles you can adapt to, and you can even create your own unique playstyle. There are pros and cons after the 93 Cap Awakening.

Here, I'm going to talk about the general gameplay in Phase 2 & Phase 3. There will be a notable difference in the gameplay as the Developer has modified one of the Skills (Side Dodge), which I've mentioned it in the earlier section (at #3).

Suggested Gameplay 1 - Without Using CD Reduction Mechanism

Spoiler

Suggested Gameplay 2 - By Applying CD Reduction Mechanism

Spoiler

In conclusion, what I have mentioned above are just some of the general play styles. It's just for reference only. Ultimately, it’ll depend on each and every individual to develop their own playstyle after testing out the Awakening Gladiator when it arrives in DN SEA.

Always remember, adapt to changes.

My Skill Build

My Skill Build is based on KDN ver 727 - 03/08/2016. Refer to #3 - Phase 3 of the Timeline.

Spoiler

Just some random information, since Awakening has been released on CDN, I have used 3 Skill Initialization Scrolls in total. Partly, it is due to the need to test out different Skill Combination, as it is very unlikely to get everything right from the start. In addition, the Developers really like to Modify/Revamp the Skills frequently, and who knows they may do it in future as well. For example, in Phase 3 (KDN ver 727), Side Dodge is modified and from my observation, quite a number of CDN Players are going to reset their Skills again to adapt to the new changes, including me.

Recommendation of the Skill Heraldry

- Finish Attack (20% Damage / 20% CD Reduction)
- Front Shove (20% Damage)
- Line Drive (20% Damage)
- Tumble (3000 MP Recovery)

Regarding Finish Attack, 20% CD Reduction may be considered when you are doing Raid (such as 8-Man IDN where you can spam FA EX frequently). In this way, the CD of FA EX is reduced to 14s and you'll be able to spam it more frequently in the long run. Nevertheless, 20% Damage is still a priority choice in most cases, and you can never go wrong by equipping it.

Regarding Tumble, due to frequent spamming of Parry, your Mana will deplete very quickly (FYI: Parry is one of the top DPS Skills). Without this Plate, you will run out of Mana very quickly. Thus, MP Recovery is extremely important, especially you are running Nest/Raid over a long time.

~~~~~ END ~~~~~

Edited by suineg, 17 August 2016 - 04:10 PM.

#7 kambinks

kambinks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5330 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:49 AM

Just job changed into a Gladiator and Side Dodge thing is very annoying right now. I keep accidentally casting it when doing Triple Slash or Front Shove.Something I need to get used to (:D) Hyper Drive is Line Drive at 40 cap all over again.. max hits is supposedly 12 hits but I keep getting 1 or 2 hits per dash so not getting max 12 hits from the 4 dashes. Triple Slash awakening is also disappointing since the extra 30% is from the additional 2 slashes and most of the time you won't be casting the full 5 slashes.

Still its early days for me. My current build has no Side Dodge and no Front Shove Awakening since I prefer to have that stabbing motion. Just not used to the new Front Shove yet and the healing isn't as high as I thought it'd be.  

Still a fun class for me but I haven't got used to it yet. I can't control it as well as I should with side dodge on. Force of habit I guess. Did you take Cyclone Slash for your build? I have it on mine but I find I  don't really need it in the end.. .

#8 zPreenz

zPreenz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • zPreenz
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

Wow i can't wait to see the awakening of a gladiator. I love its mechanics!

#9 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:33 PM

Regarding the Replies that has been posted earlier, I'll answer them once I have completed everything. I apologize for that.

This is because some of the relevant information (which is going be my answer) will be covered in the above threads and I have not completed all of them yet.

#10 Panta

Panta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:55 AM

great post. i'll keep your updates on track

#11 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:44 PM

Nice!
With the max bubble > consume > brave to max bubble, you can effectively reduce the cooldown of your skill to 25%!
Sad that side dodge is useless now..

#12 kambinks

kambinks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5330 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:54 PM

Maybe on the bubble sense but side dodge is pretty neat dodging tool and very good to teleport to behind mobs out of its attack AOE. Looks very cool when properly pulled off.

Its just that if you're like me and have a habit of pressing directional buttons when casting some skills like triple slash, when you right click you accidentally cast side dodge. But that maybe just me (:D) .

#13 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:08 PM

Tfw Triple Slash no longer a Triple Slash.
Tfw Front Shove no longer shoves.
However it does seem to make Front Shove better, the problem with it right now is the animation and total damage, seems like it is easier to get full damage with the awakening. But the animation seems slower, can anyone double check if you can speed up the animation by left clicking faster? Similar to how you can 'speed up' triple slash right now by holding left click.

#14 kambinks

kambinks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5330 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:11 AM

You can shove but you'll need to hold W to make it go forward. If not it makes that stationary slash thingy. Still its not bad only the range is pretty short. Personally I'm using alot more Front Shove < Eva Slash > Front Shove for skill spamming before double line drive and Overdrive is up. It is slower now along with Triple Slash and it'll be one of the first things you'll notice probably..

#15 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

Tbqh i would've preferred a straight up damage increase instead of more slashes.
Moonlards gets more new toys. Oh well gladiators have overdrive

#16 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

View Postsuineg, on 13 August 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

Extremely Rare: Finish Attack recover the HP of the Boss (from observation, if the Single Hit of FA EX is greater than 2.1 Billion, the HP of the Boss will be recovered).

LOL, integer overflow, amateur mistake.
Value gets so high it loops to the negative integer range.

#17 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 21 August 2016 - 02:15 AM

View Postkambinks, on 14 August 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

Just job changed into a Gladiator and Side Dodge thing is very annoying right now.

Yep, this is very true. During the first week when 93 Cap (Awakening) was released on CDN, quite a number of Players complained about Side Dodge at the duowan forum. The thing is most people tends to have a habit of holding Directional Keys when casting a Skill, Triple Slash (and some other Skills) requires Right Click to use, such Key Combination has resulted in conflicts with the activation of Side Dodge (which can be activated by exactly same method). Thus, Side Dodge may activate unintentionally and this could be extremely annoying in some situation. Anyway, the design of the Side Dodge is really weird.

By the way, you may take a look at #5 (Detailed Analysis of Awakening Skills), I just finished editing it. I have explained all the Awakening Skills in great details. Moreover, it has answered some of your questions as well.

Still a fun class for me but I haven't got used to it yet. I can't control it as well as I should with side dodge on. Force of habit I guess.

In fact, many people are having a hard time adapting to the new play style. Even after I have been playing the Awakening Gladiator for like 2 months time since its release, I've to admit that my Skill still sucks. The "feel" is very different due to the significant changes.

Personally, to be honest, I don't really like the Awakening playstyle of the Gladiator, I feel like I am playing a completely new Class instead. I still prefer the "Hacking Stance era", despite Gladiator is pretty weak at that point of time, I kinda feel fun and exciting when playing. Nevertheless, we have to move on and adapt to changes.

Actually, I have thought of going back to the past play style without relying too much on the Awakening Skills. However, in this way, I can no longer maximize the DPS of my Gladiator, which could be a big lost. So, there is no choice but to "Force Habit" here.

Did you take Cyclone Slash for your build? I have it on mine but I find I  don't really need it in the end.. .

You may take a look at #6 for Skill Build. Cyclone Slash is almost useless now as Brave can gain Bubbles instantly and more efficiently. In addition, the casting time of Cyclone Slash is long.

On the other hand, I thought of one situation where Cyclone Slash could be useful. In RDN Stage 2 (Krudelis), during HP Mechanism, you can throw a Cyclone Slash to check the HP of the Krudelis Fragment which is far away from you, such that you are able to decide whether or not to DPS the one which is in front of you. As for this case here, only Cyclone Slash can reach that far. Besides that, I can't think of any other useful aspects.

View Postkambinks, on 15 August 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

Looks very cool when properly pulled off.

In fact, I have watched some Gladiator Players who can use Side Dodge proficiently, and it looks really freaking cool. In addition, Side Dodge also allows us to develop some unique combinations of play style, which could be quite fun. However, I believe that the Practical Usage of Side Dodge is in fact, quite limited.

#18 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:05 AM

View PostInnocentuz, on 15 August 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

Sad that side dodge is useless now..

Originally, the intention of Side Dodge is simply providing another "way" for Gladiator to "dodge" (As we can see, the prerequisite Skill is Evasion Slash). The irony is that KDN Developers have never thought of it being used to reduce the CD of [Main Skills] so as to maximize DPS. In addition, this method is "over" used by many CDN Players. Since it is not Developers' intention in the first place, they have modified Side Dodge in KDN ver 727.

View PostInnocentuz, on 15 August 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

However it does seem to make Front Shove better, the problem with it right now is the animation and total damage, seems like it is easier to get full damage with the awakening. But the animation seems slower, can anyone double check if you can speed up the animation by left clicking faster? Similar to how you can 'speed up' triple slash right now by holding left click.

The casting time of [Awakening] Front Shove is faster as compared to the past. While for [Awakening] Triple Slash, it became slower. You can slow down the animation by clicking slowly, in contrary, you cannot speed up the animation here.

By the way, you may take a look at #5 (Detailed Analysis of Awakening Skills), I just finished editing it. I have explained all the Awakening Skills in great details. Moreover, it has answered some of your questions as well.

View PostInnocentuz, on 16 August 2016 - 10:25 PM, said:

LOL, integer overflow, amateur mistake.
Value gets so high it loops to the negative integer range.

Yep, this issue mainly happens on those very OP Geared Gladiators, particularly in 8-Man IDN where there are sufficient Buffs and Debuffs. In my opinion, during the early development of DN, they never thought that the numbers can grow until so big today, that's why all sorts of Bugs occurs.

#19 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:05 AM

"Guide" is completed on 20/08/2016

Finally! This is so tiring. By the way, some parts might be difficult to understand at this point of time, it's okay. Just wait for 93 Cap (Awakening) to be released in DN SEA in future, then you are able to make reference when experiencing the new gameplay by yourself.

This thread is meant to give you guys an insight of Gladiator Awakening in the 93 Cap, so just take it as a reference only. Anyway, I'm quite busy recently and may not come back and visit this thread often.

Lastly, just wanna say I really love Gladiator.

~~~~~

Posted Image

#20 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:09 AM

I'll probably forgo Side Dash altogether, too many key combinations to remember D:
Can you use Finish Attack to drop bubbles when above 50%? Or is the animation too long to be worth it?