Introduction To Gladiator Awakening In 93 Cap (Pve)

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#41 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:09 AM

1304% for a single hit?
Dude that is insane, grand cross level of insane

#42 kambinks

kambinks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5338 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:59 AM

Nah.. its not per hit. I'm not sure how the coefficient calculation goes but theres not much change in the damage ranges I see from the 90 cap version.

#43 Mortdecai

Mortdecai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

View Postsuineg, on 25 August 2016 - 01:05 AM, said:

Hmm, in 93 Cap (Awakening), Developers are more favoured in building Classes with "constant" DPS output in the long run, rather than "burst" DPS for a short period of time. This is to prevent some Classes from relying only on one Skill to do damage (For example, CD of FA EX is changed to 18s).

Both Gladiator & Destroyer are quite powerful DPSes after Awakening, provided that they are Geared. I believe that Destroyer will be relatively easier to play as it has much higher survivability as compared to Gladiator. Moreover, judging from what you have mentioned, you seemed more inclined towards those "tanky" classes. On the other hand, it might be a great experience for you to try out some Classes that you have never touched before as well.

yeah, it did spark my interest to try out something new. this'll be fun. thanks a lot! (:])

#44 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

It's definitely not Single Hit. From my understanding, they just modify the "Damage Display" of Crescent Cleave only. In other words, numbers appearing on the screen now are displayed differently as compared to the past.

For Crescent Cleave, the total number of Hits depends on the Size of the Boss.

Indeed, Crescent Cleave is boosted in the 93 Cap, and its damage is quite decent. However, it is not among the TOP few DPS skills in terms of the damage. Nevertheless, it's still a great skill to use during the CD of other main skills.

What I have said above are based on Moonlord's perspective.

#45 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:20 AM

~~ Quick update of Gladiator Awakening ~~

Posted Image

Gladiator Awakening, together with 93 Cap, has arrived on DN SEA today, with much anticipation.

First and foremost, after skimming through the Patch Notes from DN SEA's homepage, I can safely assume that we will be following the Second Phase of adjustment from KDN Server. In other words, this Phase of Adjustment is considered the more "stabilized" version which has been released earlier on CDN, DNTW, JDN, etc, as their first 93 Cap (Awakening) Patch.

~~~~~

Regarding Gladiator, you may refer to #3 (Timeline of Gladiator Awakening) - Phase 2 to check out more information on the major changes in this Phase.

In addition, if you wish to find out the detailed Patch Notes for this Phase of adjustment, I have posted it at the bottom part of #3 Section as well.

~~~~~

One interesting feature of current adjustment is that you can still use Side Dodge to reduce the CD of Line Drive, by utilizing the CD Reduction Mechanism from Lv.65 Passive. FYI, Side Dodge will be modified in future (KDN ver 727) and it no longer consumes Bubbles. Anyway, try to experiment with this type of gameplay, as it could be quite fun, and it can slightly increase your DPS output.

Just to point out, you might experience some Bugs while playing with Gladiator, and they can be extremely annoying sometimes. In CDN, the Bugs are "planned" to be fixed in September, based on 皇家艾琳 (http://bbs.duowan.co...940587-1-1.html). Hopefully, DN SEA will also fix the Awakening Bugs ASAP.

Edited by suineg, 30 August 2016 - 10:09 PM.

#46 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:00 PM

Some Tips

Since there is an Unlimited Oblivion Contract in Lv.93 Box, it is recommended that you try out every single skill by yourself, in order to determine the most desirable Skill Build for your own Gladiator. In fact, the 24hr Skill Reset is a luxury that was given only in DN SEA, so make sure you make full use of it.

Currently, the 2 hot debating skills are [Awakening] Triple Slash & Side Dodge. you may refer to #5 (Detailed Analysis of Awakening Skills) for my detailed analysis on these two Skills. Ultimately, it will be entirely up to you on whether or not to learn these Skills for your Gladiator.

The "feel" of Awakened Gladiator is very different as compared to the past, due to the significant changes in gameplay. I believe some people will have a hard time in adapting to the new playstyle.

Edited by suineg, 30 August 2016 - 10:55 PM.

#47 AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • JenLeeSky/Buudesu
  • DN, Holywood
  • Saika

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:38 AM

so i got run as awaken gladiator and i find the playstyle now so interesting but one thing. my mana gets depleted very fast. what should i do? should i equip int talisman and int heraldry?

#48 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:45 AM

View PostAceOfSpades, on 31 August 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

so i got run as awaken gladiator and i find the playstyle now so interesting but one thing. my mana gets depleted very fast. what should i do? should i equip int talisman and int heraldry?

In this case, you may consider equipping with this Skill Heraldry - Tumble (3000 MP Recovery). Regarding Tumble, due to frequent spamming of Parry, your Mana will deplete very quickly (FYI: Parry is one of the top DPS Skills). Without this Plate, you will run out of Mana very quickly. Thus, MP Recovery is extremely important, especially you are running Nest/Raid over a long time.

#49 AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • JenLeeSky/Buudesu
  • DN, Holywood
  • Saika

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:49 AM

View Postsuineg, on 31 August 2016 - 12:45 AM, said:

In this case, you may consider equipping with this Skill Heraldry - Tumble (3000 MP Recovery). Regarding Tumble, due to frequent spamming of Parry, your Mana will deplete very quickly (FYI: Parry is one of the top DPS Skills). Without this Plate, you will run out of Mana very quickly. Thus, MP Recovery is extremely important, especially you are running Nest/Raid over a long time.

noted. but still can i equip like i said. int talis and heraldry right?

#50 hiram1

hiram1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:02 AM

View PostAceOfSpades, on 31 August 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

I dont know why you wanna do that, since 90 cap, Int stat do not increase your mp recovery.

#51 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:09 AM

View PostAceOfSpades, on 31 August 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

Hmm, personally, I won't recommend in equipping Gladiator with INT Heraldry & Talisman (INT with 3rd Stat FD or STR might be considered for the extra 3 Heraldry Slots though). Reason being, even if you equipped with INT Heraldry + Talisman, the amount of Mana gained is insignificant. Thus, it is NOT worth for an extra Slot being taken up by an INT Plate or Talisman.

#52 AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • JenLeeSky/Buudesu
  • DN, Holywood
  • Saika

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:09 AM

View Posthiram1, on 31 August 2016 - 01:02 AM, said:

I dont know why you wanna do that, since 90 cap, Int stat do not increase your mp recovery.

oh i thought it still gives mp recovery. haha my bad (:D) (:D)

#53 AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • JenLeeSky/Buudesu
  • DN, Holywood
  • Saika

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:05 PM

its hard to control side dodge (sob) (sob)

Edit: I saw your videos dude and it was sick. btw how come you're Side Dodge stays steadily? Mine it always go forward or sides but i can't do it like S+Line drive to make it steady. How did you do it? (oo)

Edited by AceOfSpades, 31 August 2016 - 01:58 PM.

#54 NameXsama

NameXsama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • DN, Westwood
  • DragonHeaven

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

thank for the guide ~ now where can i get the gear guide ? :D

#55 suineg

suineg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 47BuLLeT
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:05 PM

View PostAceOfSpades, on 31 August 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

its hard to control side dodge (sob) (sob)

Edit: I saw your videos dude and it was sick. btw how come you're Side Dodge stays steadily? Mine it always go forward or sides but i can't do it like S+Line drive to make it steady. How did you do it? (oo)

1. You may consider activating Side Dodge by using Directional Keys + [Special Attack Button] when you're halfway using some other skills. In this way, it will be much smoother in chaining Side Dodge with other Skills.

2. Side Dodge with left/right will be relatively smoother and with less stiffness as compared to forward/back, and you can use Side Dodge continuously.

Personally, I mainly use Side Dodge to reduce the CD of Line Drive, in order to maximise my DPS in the long run. Thus, I usually cancel the Side Dodge animation immediately after use (by using Brave or other Skills).

By using Side Dodge to Kick Stones efficiently

Posted Image

Test Run - Focusing mainly on using Side Dodge

#56 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:20 PM

Posted Image

My first RDN HC run...
Didn't do that well, but man theres this bug where Hyper drive just doesn't do damage and it came up twice in that run.
Front shove too to a larger extent. So annoying.

#57 SilverPlatinum

SilverPlatinum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • darthgrim
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:29 PM

View PostInnocentuz, on 02 September 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:

My first RDN HC run...
Didn't do that well, but man theres this bug where Hyper drive just doesn't do damage and it came up twice in that run.
Front shove too to a larger extent. So annoying.

Hyper drive not dealing damage at random is a known bug in cdn i believe, as for front shove i think something is screwy with the hitbox if you are using the charging version.

I also read reports in duowan that FA apparently heals the boss if your damage exceeds a certain point, bravo eyedentity  (lol)

#58 kambinks

kambinks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5338 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:27 PM

Is it just me or theres no Parry plate at Darkness Mocha? Have to farm for it meh? (sorry)

#59 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:44 PM

It doesn't exist now, they removed it when it was changed from Stance.

#60 kambinks

kambinks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5338 posts
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:48 PM

Just when I was started to get the hang of spamming Parry for the damage (:D)