DN EU Community Discord Server for SEA players as well!

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroYami

ZeroYami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • ZeroYami
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:44 AM

Hello there dear SEA players!

In the beginning of June Dragon Nest Europe started a Discord community server for our players, with some great results! Bringing the community closer together, being able to discuss things easier and more directly among ourselves.

We would like to point out that our Discord is accessible for you SEA players here as well. We are currently receiving (almost all) the same updates meaning we can discuss new content, class changes and so on!

For those who wonder what Discord is, here's a quote from our original topic:

Discord is a Voice over IP (VoIP) service similar to services such Skype, TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, Curse, RaidCall, etc., a voice chat and communication program made for gamers. Registering a Discord account is very easy, and only takes a minute. Discord will run in your browser, on your desktop, and there's even a mobile app!

Our Discord has several useful and interesting channels for you to explore!
  • #news & updates
  • #general discussion
  • #events
  • #gameplay
  • #support
  • #colosseum (PvP)
  • #off-topic
  • #media
  • and several more!
After setting up Discord and creating an account, you can join our community. However, in order to identify you are who you say you are there is a verification process. If you don't verify, you'll remain unverified and will have limited features our the server. When verifying your account, you'll be matched with your forum username or one of your in-game character names.

You can verify in two ways, depending on which "nickname" you'll receive on Discord, either in-game, by sending a screen shot of your character, or through the topic by commenting with a post. Your Discord account will display a name and ID at the bottom left of your screen, or when pressing your name with the following format:

name#id

Send the above in the topic, or contact my by PM (or Direct Message) on Discord to become a verified member. Optionally, NA players may also use this topic to verify.

We also organize games, and karaoke, aside from our regular voice chats, whenever possible to add to the fun, so make sure to join us! (:])

You may join the Discord server using the following link: https://discord.gg/0130Fbx8aQpdsmETh

(please make sure that you're on our server before trying to verify your membership!)

We hope to see you around! (:>)

#2 ZeroYami

ZeroYami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • ZeroYami
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:02 AM

We're actually surprised to have not seen any response to the topic here yet, perhaps it has slipped by due to the big new updates to the game. Please keep in mind everyone playing Dragon Nest is welcome to our community, so check it out and give it a try! (:])

#3 Innocentuz

Innocentuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Altuz
  • DN, Springwood
  • Innocence

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:51 AM

SEA community is very exclusive.

#4 chunyee

chunyee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts
  • Sweg guardian
  • DN, Springwood
  • Greyface=nospace

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

SEA players often play the game and never visit the forum until they pull off some foolish antics, it is usual the major portion of the community will not respond unless they heard some news related to updates, nice attempt though

I like the idea of an interactive discussion but I feel more like typing instead of hearing multiple voices all over the mic

#5 Gelmeister

Gelmeister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:47 PM

View Postchunyee, on 09 September 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

SEA players often play the game and never visit the forum until they pull off some foolish antics, it is usual the major portion of the community will not respond unless they heard some news related to updates, nice attempt though

I like the idea of an interactive discussion but I feel more like typing instead of hearing multiple voices all over the mic

They don't do the voice chat though.

#6 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10243 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:16 PM

Hmmm...  I personally am a forum person. The days I enjoy a chat room has long gone.

I like a place where I can read a structured information rather than a chat room, where what you said minutes ago was easily forgotten/ become non-relevant.

When there was  DNSEA Chatango, I don't find the fun.
DN NA discord, I found it hard to stick around despite having some good resources.

#7 booyah

booyah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • GM | Teenykimi
  • DN, Springwood
  • Fluffy Guild

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:34 PM

forum drama is much better. ish like reading through long reddit comments/youtube comments. (:D)
chat is meh (shame)

Edited by booyah, 09 September 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#8 DeathRayFear

DeathRayFear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3470 posts
  • I'm being held against
  • my will by RΛZΞR

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:16 PM

WHAAAT IS UP DRAMAALERTNATION I'M YOUR HOST KILLER KEEMSTAAAAR LEEEEET'S GET ROOOOOOIIIGHT INTO THE NUUUUUUDES!

#9 lexlexlex

lexlexlex

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3006 posts
  • ∞2012 - †2014
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • quitclub

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

i wouldn't get banned over there right??

#10 gianne07

gianne07

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5400 posts
  • StygianVII
  • DN, Westwood
  • Lewdinity

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:43 PM

View Postlexlexlex, on 09 September 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

you can still be banned (:>)

#11 HisCato

HisCato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2526 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • At the end of Rainbow

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:07 PM

been long i havent been on voice chat, ( plus have seen forum like this at EU since you guys came here iirc xD )
but hey, if everyone is up for it, i wouldn't mind, (:]) i'll just switch my voice to a an old man (:>) *plus stalk the voices of everyone hue*

#12 ZeroYami

ZeroYami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • ZeroYami
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:38 PM

Hey there!

Thanks for all the replies people, I'll respond to answer a couple of them:

View Postchunyee, on 09 September 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

The thing is, Discord works a lot faster than forums do and makes it a lot easier to exchange information related to pretty much everything going on related to Dragon Nest. Considering SEA and EU are now around the same update, that means we can actually exchange information related to new updates, and I'm expecting NA to join in on that soon as well (although, as mentioned earlier, they have their own dedicated Discord as well). We do share new or future patch information and discuss it together, same goes for bugs, changes and suggestions we'd like to see, of course this still happens on forums as well. And with Discord being available on desktop, browser and mobile means it's very accessible.

Using the voice chat is optional and can be joined whenever someone feels like it. At times it's a lot of fun, but not necessary when using Discord. But everyone knows how voice (or VoIP) chats work so I won't elaborate on that much.

We're not making an "attempt." Discord has proven to be a great thing for our community, bringing us closer together and implementing certain features which improve our communication and gameplay, even more secure trading or contacting the RoB (Blessing Buff item) players!

View Postfourrier, on 09 September 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

Hmmm...  I personally am a forum person. The days I enjoy a chat room has long gone.

I like a place where I can read a structured information rather than a chat room, where what you said minutes ago was easily forgotten/ become non-relevant.

When there was  DNSEA Chatango, I don't find the fun.
DN NA discord, I found it hard to stick around despite having some good resources.

I think Discord is a bit more advanced than the traditional chat rooms, and offers features (such as pinning messages) to help organize important information. I've been to the DN NA Discord as well, and they've done a great job building a place for their community, programming bots to further aid and answer their needs and structure information. And of course this is not a replacement for forums, it's more of an in-between platform which is way more interactive!

View Postlexlexlex, on 09 September 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

Of course our Discord has its rules, of which mostly are common sense. As long as you keep to the rules and don't make things too extreme you obviously won't receive a ban from the server, perhaps a temporary chat-ban at most (although we haven't needed to give those out yet). While the Discord is being managed by players for players, we do have volunteer player game-moderators (DNMs), game testers (QAs), and forum moderators present to help support the community with certain issues, as well as dedicated channels for #support or #gameplay questions. If you are spreading harmful information (e.g. cheat engines, gold selling sites, etc.) or doing things against the game policy action will of course be taken.

Finally, I'd like to tell all of you, before judging this attempt to share something positive with the SEA community, I'd propose for you all to give it a try. If you don't like it, you're always able to exit the server and forget about it (:])

With that being said, I hope to see some SEA players join us as well to exchange game information and have lots of fun!

P.S. Don't forget to leave your
name#id
in a comment to verify your membership on our community Discord!

#13 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3859 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:43 PM

Waiting for verification, my name here in forums is the same in Discord (:>)

#14 ZeroYami

ZeroYami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • ZeroYami
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:47 PM

View Postrikolero, on 09 September 2016 - 09:43 PM, said:

Waiting for verification, my name here in forums is the same in Discord (:>)

as requested, please post up the following found in Discord on the bottom left of your screen:
name#id

Thanks!

#15 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3859 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:01 PM

Like this?

Posted Image

#16 ZeroYami

ZeroYami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • ZeroYami
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:13 PM

View Postrikolero, on 09 September 2016 - 10:01 PM, said:

Like this?

Posted Image

Nice! Yeah, that works too, thanks and have fun! (:])

#17 fourrier

fourrier

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10243 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:18 PM

View PostZeroYami, on 09 September 2016 - 09:38 PM, said:

I think Discord is a bit more advanced than the traditional chat rooms, and offers features (such as pinning messages) to help organize important information. I've been to the DN NA Discord as well, and they've done a great job building a place for their community, programming bots to further aid and answer their needs and structure information. And of course this is not a replacement for forums, it's more of an in-between platform which is way more interactive!
Just curious, Is there anything Discord bots can do that mIRC bots from 13-17 years ago can't ?

Edited by fourrier, 09 September 2016 - 10:20 PM.

#18 StefSan

StefSan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3762 posts
  • NasagiChan
  • DN, Greenwood
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:37 PM

View PostGelmeister, on 09 September 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

They don't do the voice chat though.

cause most of them have bad internet...
they can't even play DN well with the crap ISP they have (sadly)
so DN+VOIP would be too much to handle xD

#19 KusanagiAsuka

KusanagiAsuka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Jeanne-Alter
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:46 PM

Like this? Posted Image

#20 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 11226 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:57 PM

View Postfourrier, on 09 September 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

mIRC bots

Back when hashtags meant something other than trends (:D)