9 replies to this topic

#1 SwiperDaFox

SwiperDaFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:12 AM

Foreword:

Destroyer is a tank class with decent dmg, not like a guard who has mostly no dmg, but even when you can deal some damage doesnt it mean you can go full DPS mode now and let your team die. Dont cry when you cant really dps or you think your dps is too low. When you want to have more DPS play another class. You are still a tank  do your best to protect your team, because this is your job.
As destroyer you want to stack so much Vit and HP as possible for your Destroyer Force.  For me this class is pretty fun to play, because you have decent dmg but you are a tank aswell.
I don't claim to be perfect so feel free to post suggestions and questions you might have. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Skillbuild:

With the new changes I only have 1 skill build now.

Posted Image

Warrior Tree:
I dont put any points in Rising Slash, because I think its useless for Destroyer.  The only other option is  Circle Break for me. A good point to take Circle Break is, because its a iFrame at level 6 but I use it very rarely.

Mercenary Tree:
Maxing Flying Swing, Punishing Swing, Circle Bomb and Rolling Attack is fairly obvious since they are your main skills.
I dont skill Crisis Howl, because I think its useless. Of course you can get 10 rage points from it but you wont be really able to use it because of your super armor skills.
Im still skilling Circle Swing to get a filler skill in case I will run out of skills.
I dont skill Typhoon even when its a iFrame but I never use it in raids and I have to save points. Thats the reason why I just skill Gigantic Bomb.
We have to skill Devitalizing Howl for the second IDN hc boss to remove his Beserker mode. Thats the only use from this skill.

Awakening:
I dont skill Maelstorm Howl Awakening seems just useless for raids. Its okay for dungeons and Nightmare runs.
The awakening skill Assault Crash seems like a pretty strong skill with good dmg and a good way to generate Rage. I think it could be one of your main dmg skills when you use it correct.
The Crash Mode seems pretty useless.

Skill heraldries:
I use Flying Swing dmg, Circle Bomb dmg, Iron Skin buff duration and Maelstrom Howl cd.
Flying Swing dmg: Your main damage skill, obvious choice to get more damage.
Circle Bomb dmg: Your main damage skill with Flying Swing and Maelstorm Howl.
Maelstrom Howl cd/dmg: When you have awakening go dmg otherwise go cd. Your second main damage skill and good for your rotation.
Iron Skin buff duration: Provides a good amount of super armor which will allow you to safely cast your combos without getting interrupted.

Gear:

Weapons and armors:
The best choice are the IDN L Grades. They give a ton of raw stats, especially STR, Patk and Def, but IDN L Grades are kinda hard to reach for new players so the only gear left as of now for new characters would be Lvl 93 epic, Lvl 90 Epics/Uniques, RDN L Grades or RDN Uniques. The second best option are RDN L Grades, because they give nice stats like STR, Patk and HP. The RDN unique weapons are better than the Lvl 93 epic or Lvl 90 epic/unqiue weapons and the 90/93 armors are better than the RDN uniques due to insane defense stats. I would thus recommend to get 90 epic/unique armors or 93 armors with 80 unique weapons until you can get better gear. You want to use RDN unqiue weapons instead of lv 90 or lv 93 weapons, because you will get more HP from RDN unique weapons. You can put 2 life jades in the RDN Unique weapons which gives you more HP than lvl 90 or lvl 93 offensive jades which you would put in lvl 90 or lvl 93 weapons.

Jades:
Since you just want to stack HP and Vit you should use 7 life jades and 5 bear jades unless you use lv 90 or lv 93 armors then you should use bear jades with vitality.

For the offensive jades you can go destruction jades for solo gameplay or you can go conversion jades for raids. You should go for a ice conversion with 3 lake jades for RDN and IDN but for IDN you should get also a fire conversion with 3 fire jades for the first boss.

Accessories:
Earrings: You want to get Flying Swing or Circle Swing lv 90 techniques, because the lv 93 technique earrings are very bad for Destroyer. You will go for Flying Swing techniques when you dont have a costume weapon with Flying Swing +1 or  the skill up heraldry with Flying Swing. When you use ice or fire elemental conversion jade  you want to get the earrings with VIT + ice and fire attack. If you are not converting to ice or fire elemental you can use the full VIT version. You only go for Circle Swing techniques when you have Flying Swing at 21 and you are using the second skill build.

Necklace: best option is Circle Bomb technique lv 93 with good Str and high Vit stat or with highest Vit stat when you want to be more tanky.

Rings: You want to get atleast Maelstorm Howl technique. When you run with elemental conversion jades you can get technique rings with crit + elemental or if you want to be more tanky even with conversion jades you can go technique rings with VIT + crit or VIT + Patk.

Heraldries:
Bear -> gives STR
Destruction -> gives Patk
Fatal -> gives Crit
Tent -> gives Mdef
Shining ->gives Pdef
Life -> gives HP
Health -> gives VIT
Ultimate/Wind ->if you are going FD; if you are not going FD for more Crit/Patk

Talis:
200%: Health and Tent
175%: Bear and Destruction
125%: Shining and Life
100%: Wind and Fatal
If you are going FD you can leave out the Wind Tali and replace it with an ultimate one, just move it up to 200%.
If you want you can change the Shining and Life Tali with the Wind and Fatal Tali.

Third Stats:
Jades: Str for the Life jades and Vit for the Bear jades
Plates: Vit whenever possible, otherwise Magic Def
Talis: Vit whenever possible, otherwise Str

Gameplay:

As Destroyer you pretty much follow the motto: Every boss is your friend or your baby.
With the 93 cap you have Rage points now. You have to care that you always have enough Rage for your Destroyer Force and Maelstorm Howl.
Your Rage gives your STR and Dmg reduction but how to keep them high. Before you enter a nest or raid you have to use Highlander which takes 30% hp from you but gives you max rage points. After using Destroyer Force and Maelstorm Howl you will lose 15 rage points but with one Flying Swing you get 5 rage points. It shouldnt be a problem to stay atleast at 40 rage points or more all the time. When you see that you are under 10 rage points you can use Highlander to get max rage points again. I never fall under 30 rage points. You can get enough points from Flying Swing. Just try it out.
My dmg rotation is Punishing Swing(to get aggro from the boss), Taunting Howl(to debuff the boss), Maelstorm Howl(to get a dmg buff and dmg reduction from the boss), Flying Swing, Circle Bomb, Flying Swing instant.
You will rarely run out of your main skills. There is Rolling Attack which you can use aswell but its pretty hard to hit and dont use Rolling Attack to dodge attacks exept stomps. When all your mainskills are on cooldown dont worry you still have Gigantic Bomb, Circle Swing, Assault Crash left and you can also just refresh your debuff or refresh your Destroyer Force.

Video Section:

with Super armor on Destroyer Force and stackable debuffs

without Super armor on Destroyer Force and Weapon Engraving

Edited by SwiperDaFox, 28 February 2017 - 08:02 PM.

#2 Theoderich

Theoderich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:05 PM

Making a build without Iron Skin after the lastest patch notice from KDN (08/03/2016) is pretty unwise, unless you want to be left without any SA-skills after this balance update hits:

Mercenary
Iron Skin: remove Fury consumption.

Destroyer

Howl Charging: remove superarmor effect

Since Charging Howl will lose its SA-enhancement and Iron Skin will cost no Fury in the future,
if you don't want to skillreset later on you have to skill Iron Skin.
That's also why I included Crisis Howl into my build, since it grants 10 Fury after getting hit&staggered, meaning that I can recover the Fury spent on Charging Howl that way.

About equip: Don't remove your Wind talisman at any cost. It increases your AGI and patk, so it's useful to gain crit until you have IDN lgrad equipment to cover the Crit-gap of the current cap. Rather remove the Life talisman, since it can only grant you a few HP.
Don't use the Iron Skin buff duration heraldry. It grants up to 3,6 seconds more SA buff, so it would be around 22 secs duration with 35 secs CD vs 18 secs duration and 35 secs CD. Not really impressive, especially if you consider that most of your skills have enough SA on the skill animation to not become cancelled upon getting hit.

I rather suggest getting Rolling Attack CD or dmg plate, since it is a good source for damage if techniqued to 14 (nearly 2k% if awakened, 2,2k% if teched, +100% dmg from EX and it's a CD charging skill, meaning you can use it up to 3 consecutive times).
Rolling Attack got improved big times by the awakening, getting animation,speed and AoE buffs. It's a shame not to make use of it.

However, if you don't feel that you use this skill very often, I'd suggest that you use the Gigantic Bomber heraldry instead (dmg or CD%).
About Charging Howl, I don't know if our version is currently bugged, since it lost its CD charging properties (or at least mine did after using a skill reset), but with 10 secs CD and 20 secs duration, the skill doesn't seem to require a CD reduction plate anymore (might be good,though, if it is indeed still CD charging but just currently bugged).

At least according to Freedomplays, the CD charging effect should still be there, in contrast to my ingame observations:

Destroyer

Charging Howl
– added cool down charging effect (PVE)
– [Fury] consumption added (PVE, PVP)

– CD is reduced to 10 sec (PVE)

About Maelstrom Howl CD plate, it depends on the fact if you get the skills awakening or not. I rather take the dmg% plate since I'm going for the awakening; It reduces the skills attack, but also its CD, meaning by halving your dmg you can effectively reduce the CD by 2/3. Since the damage from Maelstrom Howl is not really that impressive (6k% with EX, 3K% with EX and awakening), it doesn't really induce a big loss if awakened in contrast to the utility gain since you can use the awakened Maelstrom Howl to actively reduce incoming damage by 70% [5 secs CD with 20 seconds debuff duration means enough time for DPS, and since your Iron Skin doesn't reduce incoming dmg anymore, you might want to reduce it actively by using Maelstrom Howl instead of dodging; This also lets you use you Flying Swing freely] and to clear small mobs in dungeons faster due to the low CD time and the increased suction area(5m increases to 8 or 10m[descriptions vary, not sure about the actual range]).

#3 SwiperDaFox

SwiperDaFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:59 PM

Theoderich, on 06 September 2016 - 02:05 PM, said:

Making a build without Iron Skin after the lastest patch notice from KDN (08/03/2016) is pretty unwise, unless you want to be left without any SA-skills after this balance update hits:

Since Charging Howl will lose its SA-enhancement and Iron Skin will cost no Fury in the future,
if you don't want to skillreset later on you have to skill Iron Skin.
That's also why I included Crisis Howl into my build, since it grants 10 Fury after getting hit&staggered, meaning that I can recover the Fury spent on Charging Howl that way.

Okay first this korea patch is actually pretty far away and even when it would come with the next patch you can see that i have 2 skill builds with iron skin and without iron skin. Even when all the superarmor is getting removed i still think Crisis Howl is useless, because you actually have no problems to keep a high amount of bubbles.

Theoderich, on 06 September 2016 - 02:05 PM, said:

About equip: Don't remove your Wind talisman at any cost. It increases your AGI and patk, so it's useful to gain crit until you have IDN lgrad equipment to cover the Crit-gap of the current cap. Rather remove the Life talisman, since it can only grant you a few HP.
Don't use the Iron Skin buff duration heraldry. It grants up to 3,6 seconds more SA buff, so it would be around 22 secs duration with 35 secs CD vs 18 secs duration and 35 secs CD. Not really impressive, especially if you consider that most of your skills have enough SA on the skill animation to not become cancelled upon getting hit.

I rather suggest getting Rolling Attack CD or dmg plate, since it is a good source for damage if techniqued to 14 (nearly 2k% if awakened, 2,2k% if teched, +100% dmg from EX and it's a CD charging skill, meaning you can use it up to 3 consecutive times).
Rolling Attack got improved big times by the awakening, getting animation,speed and AoE buffs. It's a shame not to make use of it.

However, if you don't feel that you use this skill very often, I'd suggest that you use the Gigantic Bomber heraldry instead (dmg or CD%).
About Charging Howl, I don't know if our version is currently bugged, since it lost its CD charging properties (or at least mine did after using a skill reset), but with 10 secs CD and 20 secs duration, the skill doesn't seem to require a CD reduction plate anymore (might be good,though, if it is indeed still CD charging but just currently bugged).

At least according to Freedomplays, the CD charging effect should still be there, in contrast to my ingame observations:

About Maelstrom Howl CD plate, it depends on the fact if you get the skills awakening or not. I rather take the dmg% plate since I'm going for the awakening; It reduces the skills attack, but also its CD, meaning by halving your dmg you can effectively reduce the CD by 2/3. Since the damage from Maelstrom Howl is not really that impressive (6k% with EX, 3K% with EX and awakening), it doesn't really induce a big loss if awakened in contrast to the utility gain since you can use the awakened Maelstrom Howl to actively reduce incoming damage by 70% [5 secs CD with 20 seconds debuff duration means enough time for DPS, and since your Iron Skin doesn't reduce incoming dmg anymore, you might want to reduce it actively by using Maelstrom Howl instead of dodging; This also lets you use you Flying Swing freely] and to clear small mobs in dungeons faster due to the low CD time and the increased suction area(5m increases to 8 or 10m[descriptions vary, not sure about the actual range]).

I dont see any problem by removing the wind talisman when you go for a little bit more FD, because you still have enough patk and for what do you want to be crit cap in lv 93 cap to run TKN faster? And exactly the life talisman gives you a little amount of HP what you actually want to stack on Destroyer.

I said to use Iron Skin buff duration heraldry is a option for the Circle Bomb damage heraldry. Lets think about it you said they will remove super armor from Destroyer Force so why you dont want to take 4 sec more super armor on Iron Skin i see no problem there.
If you feel like Rolling Attack is useful for you than go do it but I dont think its very useful it can place you into uncomfortable situations. And about the awakening from Rolling Attack I cant say anything, because its still bugged for me. I wont use any Skill heraldry for Rolling Attack.
Why should I use Gigantic Bomb dmg/cd heraldry when I have Circle Bomb damage heraldry.
I dont know if this part confused you or if you didnt read it completly "Optional you can change the Circle Bomb dmg plate for a Iron Skin buff duration plate." but I think Circle Bomb damage heraldry is way more useful than Gigantic Bomb or Rolling Attack plate.
Even when its bugged I dont feel like its a bad choice here to get Charging Howl cd plate, because when you get interrupted while you want to use it you are actually a little bit fished thats why I use a cd plate here.
As I said I have no awakening at the moment thats why I still take the cooldown plate on it. Of course when you have the awakening a cooldown plate is just useless. I dont want to talk about awakening at the moment, because I wanna test it by myself and see whats good or whats bad and what I maybe have to change or not. I can tell you more about it when they fix the awakening.

P.S.: I hope I could help you and Im not sure if you really read the whole guide or if you skipped some points there.

Edited by SwiperDaFox, 19 October 2016 - 11:31 AM.

#4 SwiperDaFox

SwiperDaFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:13 AM

changed the skillbuilds for IDN hc. I know im a little bit late for it. Sorry.
Gonna update the other things in the next few days aswell

#5 SwiperDaFox

SwiperDaFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:16 PM

Changed 1-2 things. I didnt put Leica weapon in the guide, because it will get removed after the event. Leica weapon wont really increase your DMG, when you have a RDN L Grade hammer you are mostly decreasing your dmg. And even when you have other weapons it will decrease your HP. I wont use it in the most cases.
Feel free to ask me anything you can also pm me ingame if you want.

Edited by SwiperDaFox, 19 November 2016 - 04:17 PM.

#6 SwiperDaFox

SwiperDaFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:28 AM

Added IDN normal + hc run as video. Kinda failed sometimes in both runs with my skills could be better.
When you want to see other nests something you can always tell me and i will try to record it.

Enjoy.
Have a nice day.

Edited by SwiperDaFox, 24 November 2016 - 06:33 AM.

#7 SwiperDaFox

SwiperDaFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:15 PM

Im kinda late for the update sorry. I changed the skill build since we dont have Super armor on Destroyer Force anymore and I added a new IDN norm + hc video without Super armor and with Weapon engraving.

Have a nice day.

#8 Flashbaka

Flashbaka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Flashbaka / Fleshbek
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:25 AM

View PostSwiperDaFox, on 07 January 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Im kinda late for the update sorry. I changed the skill build since we dont have Super armor on Destroyer Force anymore and I added a new IDN norm + hc video without Super armor and with Weapon engraving.

Have a nice day.
what lvl is ur Moon Blade Dance?

#9 MessiahEX

MessiahEX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:50 PM

bump. any update?

#10 SwiperDaFox

SwiperDaFox

• Members