Jump to content


[Read List] Share What U Had Read


  • Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 BlackCross79

BlackCross79

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • CharlesCross
  • The Cherry Cafetaria

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:20 PM

Light Novel

Battle through the heaven

genre : manhua, fantasy, martial arts

its a story bout a boy who was once a genius suddenly drop down to cripple in the world of fantasy martial arts

ps : i love how they coloring the entire manga (:])

but since the original was LN n its completed already i will put this in LN category

#22 MOneGarand

MOneGarand

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1429 posts
  • Eroberer
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:02 PM

I love Gate and Goblin Slayer.

#23 gianne07

gianne07

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5416 posts
  • StygianVII
  • DN, Westwood
  • Lewdinity

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

Light Novel

NOTE: This might have been mainstream.... many years ago, that is

Full Metal Panic:

mecha + action + romance + military things + mystery
the fourth season of the anime adaptation was announced recently... maybe around ten years after the last season aired
for the benefit of those who might have not heard of it, the story revolves around a guy who is a military genius due to his past experiences but in other aspects he is totally clueless. he was sent to be an undercover protector to a girl who is "whispered". Whispered refers to a small group of seemingly 'random' people, who for some mysterious reason, seem to have been gifted knowledge that is technically highly advanced for the current era. Most of the mecha and equipment were designed by the whispered and because of their knowledge they are being targeted by groups who seek military power.

Haruhi Suzumiya:
i guess everyone knows her. The LN holds the conclusion to what happens next after the events in the anime.
read this if you wanna have a headache (lol). A possible appearance of a slider, a rival group consisting of an alien, esper, time-traveler and another haruhi, and another branching timeline to top it off. sounds confusing eh?

#24 chunyee

chunyee

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • Sweg guardian
  • DN, Springwood
  • Greyface=nospace

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:26 PM

I hear, read, and see PPAP everyday

No matter I am playing, idling or stalking anything

It is like a cancer, a plague, that travels everywhere

Killing me, you, and soon everybody

Edited by chunyee, 25 October 2016 - 11:55 PM.


#25 BlackCross79

BlackCross79

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • CharlesCross
  • The Cherry Cafetaria

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:35 AM

View PostMOneGarand, on 22 October 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

I love Gate and Goblin Slayer.

mone what is the title? Gate and Goblin Slayer? or I love Gate and Goblin Slayer? (lol)

is it the manga or the LN u talking bout?

#26 BlackCross79

BlackCross79

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • CharlesCross
  • The Cherry Cafetaria

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:37 AM

View Postgianne07, on 25 October 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

Light Novel

NOTE: This might have been mainstream.... many years ago, that is

Full Metal Panic:

mecha + action + romance + military things + mystery
the fourth season of the anime adaptation was announced recently... maybe around ten years after the last season aired
for the benefit of those who might have not heard of it, the story revolves around a guy who is a military genius due to his past experiences but in other aspects he is totally clueless. he was sent to be an undercover protector to a girl who is "whispered". Whispered refers to a small group of seemingly 'random' people, who for some mysterious reason, seem to have been gifted knowledge that is technically highly advanced for the current era. Most of the mecha and equipment were designed by the whispered and because of their knowledge they are being targeted by groups who seek military power.

Haruhi Suzumiya:
i guess everyone knows her. The LN holds the conclusion to what happens next after the events in the anime.
read this if you wanna have a headache (lol). A possible appearance of a slider, a rival group consisting of an alien, esper, time-traveler and another haruhi, and another branching timeline to top it off. sounds confusing eh?

full metal panic is a light novel????? (oo) i never know that! gonna check it after i done read the manhua LN (:>)

#27 BlackCross79

BlackCross79

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • CharlesCross
  • The Cherry Cafetaria

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:56 AM

Comic - the creator says so (:>)

GhostBlade

genre : indie, full-color, manhua

u can check by yourself at https://tapastic.com/episode/489668

i havent read it yet, thanks to ArmedAndReady for putting it in his/her profile picture

i fall in love with the art (love) (love) (love)

edit : almost forgot, the web seems to publish indie creation only https://tapastic.com/

Edited by BlackCross79, 26 October 2016 - 09:56 AM.


#28 MOneGarand

MOneGarand

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1429 posts
  • Eroberer
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:53 PM

View PostBlackCross79, on 26 October 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

mone what is the title? Gate and Goblin Slayer? or I love Gate and Goblin Slayer? (lol)

is it the manga or the LN u talking bout?
I love:

-Gate
-Goblin Slayer

manga... I can't find both LN of these two.

Edited by MOneGarand, 26 October 2016 - 12:54 PM.


#29 Remorseless

Remorseless

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • -
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • -

Posted 29 October 2016 - 03:35 AM

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.

#30 Malygris

Malygris

    Extraordinary Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12817 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Happiness is temporary, suffering is eternal!!!

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:23 AM

Comics:
Infinity Gauntlet
Infinity War
Old Man Logan
Age of Apocalypse
Dark Phoenix Saga
X-Men: Days of Future Past

Novels:
The Pearl
Lord of the Flies
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Others:
Think and Grow Rich
The Richest Man in Babylon
Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
Leadership Gold
Winning with People
The Art of War
Physics of the Impossible
Parallel Worlds

*will update as i recall more

#31 BlackCross79

BlackCross79

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • CharlesCross
  • The Cherry Cafetaria

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:25 PM

View PostMalygris, on 29 October 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

Comics:
Infinity Gauntlet
Infinity War
Old Man Logan
Age of Apocalypse
Dark Phoenix Saga
X-Men: Days of Future Past

Novels:
The Pearl
Lord of the Flies
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Others:
Think and Grow Rich
The Richest Man in Babylon
Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
Leadership Gold
Winning with People
The Art of War
Physics of the Impossible
Parallel Worlds

*will update as i recall more

u read about parallel worlds? (oo) is it exact science or just fantasy?

#32 Malygris

Malygris

    Extraordinary Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12817 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Happiness is temporary, suffering is eternal!!!

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:43 AM

View PostBlackCross79, on 31 October 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

u read about parallel worlds? (oo) is it exact science or just fantasy?
fantasy. it is intriguing to read about, nonetheless. (:])

one should be wary when reading supposedly scientific books, though. sometimes the author just pushes his ideas and beliefs to unquestioning minds.

in Parallel Worlds, for example, Michio Kaku says that if the multiverse exists, there's no need for God because there should be plenty of dead parallel Earths out there that there's a chance there's one world - ours - that can support life. however, one has to ask the question - who or what made the multiverse? the multiverse cannot be eternal because of the second law of thermodynamics.

in another book by renowned physicist Stephen Hawking (the Grand Design, IIRC), he starts by saying that "philosophy is dead." but that in itself is a philosophical statement, not a scientific one. he then later states that the universe will create itself out of nothing because of the law of gravity, which is another nonsense statement. the presence of physical laws is not "nothing" and physical laws never ever caused anything to happen. the laws of arithmetic never put an extra peso into my savings. i am the one who puts them there.

so, yeah, those books should be read with caution and not wide-eyed, unquestioning wonder. the only reason why i recommend Parallel Worlds is because it has a history of science which people might appreciate.

#33 BlackCross79

BlackCross79

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • CharlesCross
  • The Cherry Cafetaria

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:10 PM

bu..but.. (:[) when i read one piece, there is a sentence "everything human can imagine is a possibility in reality" which mean parallel world is possible too right? i want to bend some water into ice, i want to master dark power (T.T) (sob)


(lol)

Edited by BlackCross79, 01 November 2016 - 05:11 PM.


#34 Malygris

Malygris

    Extraordinary Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12817 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Happiness is temporary, suffering is eternal!!!

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:34 PM

View PostBlackCross79, on 01 November 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

bu..but.. (:[) when i read one piece, there is a sentence "everything human can imagine is a possibility in reality" which mean parallel world is possible too right? i want to bend some water into ice, i want to master dark power (T.T) (sob)


(lol)
can you imagine a new color? (:D)

in seriousness, one of the things discussed in the book is the possibility that in the far future, intelligent life (not necessarily human life) may be able to create another universe to escape the eventual death of our current one. but that's trillions upon trillions of years into the future, so we don't need to worry about that.

#35 gianne07

gianne07

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5416 posts
  • StygianVII
  • DN, Westwood
  • Lewdinity

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:16 AM

+1 for Lord of the Flies

#36 BlackCross79

BlackCross79

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • CharlesCross
  • The Cherry Cafetaria

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:19 AM

@gianne07 thats kind of old (oo) 1954

btw the oldest book i read is the wizard of oz 1900 (clap) but i didnt read the other book tho

edit :
@maly color is created via different long of light right? actually i forgot it already but i vaguely remember sth like that (shame) if too low its black if too high its white (or vice versa?) hmmmm what if, white n black isnt a color but its an error coz our eye couldnt encrypt it? (lol) if we didnt name them n just let the colors go wild i think maybe we could found sth that havent been named yet

wait,, i didnt want new color i want new universe, i want ma magick! (mad)

Edited by BlackCross79, 03 November 2016 - 10:31 AM.


#37 Malygris

Malygris

    Extraordinary Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12817 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Happiness is temporary, suffering is eternal!!!

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:20 PM

View PostBlackCross79, on 03 November 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

@gianne07 thats kind of old (oo) 1954

btw the oldest book i read is the wizard of oz 1900 (clap) but i didnt read the other book tho

edit :
@maly color is created via different long of light right? actually i forgot it already but i vaguely remember sth like that (shame) if too low its black if too high its white (or vice versa?) hmmmm what if, white n black isnt a color but its an error coz our eye couldnt encrypt it? (lol) if we didnt name them n just let the colors go wild i think maybe we could found sth that havent been named yet

wait,, i didnt want new color i want new universe, i want ma magick! (mad)
color is produced when light is reflected off a surface. white is when all colors are reflected, black is when all colors are absorbed. (:])

i know how that feels. i play Magic: the Gathering not only because it's a competitive game, but also because the stories revolve around magical worlds. (:D)

#38 gianne07

gianne07

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5416 posts
  • StygianVII
  • DN, Westwood
  • Lewdinity

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:57 PM

View PostBlackCross79, on 03 November 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

@gianne07 thats kind of old (oo) 1954

old but gold

#39 HisCato

HisCato

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2538 posts
  • DN, Greenwood
  • At the end of Rainbow

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:49 PM

*stalking*
ah need money for books..

here some books i have read from the past, although i havent been reading much anymore (sorry) for the past years..

Novels:

1. The Gatekeeper Series [Power of Five]: Anthony Horrowitz
  • Raven's Gate
  • Evil Star
  • Nightrise
  • Necropolis
  • Oblivion
Genre: Horror, Fantasy, Fiction
Summary(?):
- Story first was told with an MC of 14-year old orphan, lost his parents and got adopted by his aunt from an isolated place around England. He gets nightmares and dreams of other four strangers, then the village are also somewhat weird, later found out he has powers, and met the secret organization who were also tracking people like him for hundreds of years, in short he is an reincarnation and told him he is a Gatekeeper.

blah no spoilers hue. It's a good read (:>)

2. The Fault in Our Stars: John Green
Genre: Romance, Fiction
Summary: jezuz no need, the movie says it. but here it goes.
- story just about two young couples who just wanna live like it's their last day, as they both are survivors of cancer.

The book is better, i watched the movie, there's not enough feels.. (tense)

3. Hunchback of Notre Dame: Victor Hugo
Genre: Romance, Gothic Fiction
Summary: this is not your ordinary Disney Hunchback (:D)
- story about a hunchback named Quasimodo who guards and maintains the Notre Dame Cathedral, with a guardian named Frollo who adopted him when he was a baby. He had a younger brother who is a troublemaker and studies at university. Quasimodo fell in love with a gypsy named Esmeralda, who is married to a poet, which she never loved anyway. But was in love with a knight named Phoebus, but he only has lust for her.

the characters are all dead. end of story.

#40 BlackCross79

BlackCross79

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • CharlesCross
  • The Cherry Cafetaria

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

View PostMalygris, on 03 November 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

color is produced when light is reflected off a surface. white is when all colors are reflected, black is when all colors are absorbed. (:])

i know how that feels. i play Magic: the Gathering not only because it's a competitive game, but also because the stories revolve around magical worlds. br=

(:[) if only magic were real.......

then i could peep to the fullest!! not even one girl will ever be safe!! muahahahaha (lol)

ahem dont mind him thats just my alter ego (bow)

btw thanks to hiscato, list updated, n i just coming back from the long lost in the world of manhua light novel, n i will go back there, here the road :

[website]
wuxiaworld - collection of manhua light novel