• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • DN, Westwood
  • FURY

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:54 PM

View PostSynee, on 19 October 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Targetting to get at least 110k+ Str br=

What's the advantage of going for STR, when Crux's spammable skills have bigger MATK modifiers? Or are those changing in the upcoming awakening patch?

#42 Barftub

Barftub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 552 posts
  • BARFtub
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Pleb

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:03 PM

View PostBlackDevilx9, on 19 October 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

first of all thank you for being interested.

Pleasure is mine.

IDK if they fixed it but do you know there's a trick which can 20% decrease of ultimate cooldown with the level 900 "combined skill" by taking it out after using the ultimate and switching it back so the cooldown will be around 90 seconds(I would use duration plate too, if had the chance to maximize FD with 8~10plates),
the switching won't take a second of DA time, you can do it at the time while it charges, or could attack at the same time as switching(if you didn't understand I have a video).

Owh, this is interesting. I'll go try it later. :>

why do you mention buff wiping a lot like it's in the whole game? I thought only first stage IDN has it, no?(haven't played SEA since 90 begun, only came back to test out Crusader awakening in cDN and I enjoyed the changes).
other than IDN no need to be mentioned since they're way easier for a "fully geared" as I said in the end.

"played well" Crusader would use a plate for JP(the downtime with CD plate is only 13 seconds if didn't get buff wiped), I still don't know what bosses have buff wipe in cap 90~93 other than IDN's first stage since I haven't been playing SEA the whole past 2 caps, if they're not a lot, then we don't really have to care about it.

When you mentioned "fully geared", I thought we'd comparing the two classes in a raid nest setting (so basically RDN and IDN). RDN is pretty infamous for its regular buff wipes and for IDN, S1 and S3 has a decent frequency of it.

I mentioned buff wipe because ideally under normal circumstances, both classes damage buff's downtime is roughly the same. JP is ~19s with duration plate and Fade is 20s unplated.

But when the raid nests has buff wipe mechanic included, Crusaders suffer a hell lot more than Ravens, simply because JP is wipable and the cooldown for that skill is 85s. Whereas for Raven, if I recall, Fade isn't wipable (either that or I'm blind) so their cooldown is a flat 20s, regardless.

Yes, Iron will still has its SA buff and this what matters about it, prevent skill canceling = wider DPS window for yolo Crusader.
as for block, I said "played well", Crusader can still use Iframes(but saves you if got attacked while casting DC, HL or LC and the new hammer skill) -- it allows you to burst damage without really dodging instead of being cautious for the incoming attack and not using these 4 skills with long casting time, well .. ok skip this, since I haven't tested it myself in 93 nests nor idn.

Block works more like a defensive utility, rather than as a tool to allow you to yolo dps. The number of times I activated block only to have my powerful skills get cancelled by block activation... argh, the frustration. I typically use it to dodge stomps and blockable mechs when I'm too lazy to do them properly, but after the mech, block duration bleeds over and you have to be mindful not to get hit during that time, especially like you said, Crusader skills have long cast times.

btw SH is 150% not 69%.

Owh. I forgot we were comparing post awakening crusader and that SH got reworked abit. Woops.

Actually, now that you mentioned, I'm not sure why I didn't bring out the issue on cast times. Due to the nature of our skills having relatively longer cast times, we are more prone to facetanking hits (since you can't cancel your skills mid-cast like warriors can) and having our skills cancelled as a result. Ravens, on the other hand, have very fast cast times and relatively shorter cooldown of skills compared to us. So that's something to chew on as well.

While Crusader awakening brings some hilariously high board damage skills and boosting most of our current skill set (kind of reminds me of the old DA+JP days), they still suffer from the problem of long cast time. Undoubtedly, I'm still skeptical over being able to actually outDPS a similarly geared Raven.

I mean Synee here is a full FD Crusader pulling off ~58m DPS in IDN S1 and he himself has mentioned he can't even beat a half FD Raven. Even with awakenings and you bring both classes to an equal gear level, I won't be surprised if the Crusader still loses.

Edit:

Okay, nvm. Just saw a ~96m DPS Crusader for IDN S1 8-man norm.

Edited by Barftub, 19 October 2016 - 09:14 PM.

#43 BlackDevilx9

BlackDevilx9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts
  • King
  • Excalibur Guild Master

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:13 PM

View PostBarftub, on 19 October 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

Edit:

I was about to quote that post.
now we confirmed, awakened Crusader > current Raven if both end-geared.
he will probably do twice that number with awk ..

and just to be sure, I looked into other classes IDN 1st stage DPS as well, including raven.
it seems devs are really trying to balance out all classes this time, but by different ways, for example, our role is "facetanking attackers" as you said, which means we MUST be geared to really play the class.
but in exchange, we have better DPS than others even if it's a little(?)

this explains why they moved Iron will from the defensive side.

Edited by BlackDevilx9, 20 October 2016 - 10:04 AM.

#44 Synee

Synee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Luṽ̷̡̟̜͝CC00002
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

View PostBarftub, on 19 October 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

Actually, now that you mentioned, I'm not sure why I didn't bring out the issue on cast times. Due to the nature of our skills having relatively longer cast times, we are more prone to facetanking hits (since you can't cancel your skills mid-cast like warriors can) and having our skills cancelled as a result. Ravens, on the other hand, have very fast cast times and relatively shorter cooldown of skills compared to us. So that's something to chew on as well.

While Crusader awakening brings some hilariously high board damage skills and boosting most of our current skill set (kind of reminds me of the old DA+JP days), they still suffer from the problem of long cast time. Undoubtedly, I'm still skeptical over being able to actually outDPS a similarly geared Raven.

I mean Synee here is a full FD Crusader pulling off ~58m DPS in IDN S1 and he himself has mentioned he can't even beat a half FD Raven. Even with awakenings and you bring both classes to an equal gear level, I won't be surprised if the Crusader still loses.

Edit:

i believe tats the dps for awakening ?

#45 Wintoy

Wintoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

Guys, what since the crusader's stats is mixed, how about we go in INT, VIT, dragon jade from upper to lower equipment and BEAR dragon jade on 2 accesories. Then for two rings, one quipped with destruction and magic while jade also LMATK & LATK. i dont know if this is helpful for us normal players only with epic equipments . help me out