• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3089 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 03 October 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

Assassin will rekt Colosseum once he gets his own Awakening. For now, just let these classes enjoy their glory days.

oh my.. Assassins Nest will be back (sob) the wound from last time will open up again.

#22 FlamingTaco

FlamingTaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8503 posts
  • TannedTako
  • DN, Springwood
  • Onigiri

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:49 PM

View Poststylinx, on 04 October 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

oh my.. Assassins Nest will be back (sob) the wound from last time will open up again.
Assassin awakening: Every assassin class gets the same skill to summon 5 clones that last 1minute (lol)

#23 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:01 PM

It depends on how you play actually. If you're adept enough with the class you play PVP with, baiting these awakened spammers is quite easy. They rely on awakened skills to win, bait them sufficiently and they lose quite quickly.

I've only seen a few people who are absolutely unbeatable no matter how I play, and those people are the ones who were already at the top tiers even before awakenings came out.

So in short, skill still plays a very crucial part in pvp. People complain about Saleanas, Elestras and Archers dominating pvp, so far I've only met a few who I can consider good pvp players.

Force users however, are a different story.

#24 GreenApple

GreenApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • MinDer15
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

View Postvangeodee, on 04 October 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

It depends on how you play actually. If you're adept enough with the class you play PVP with, baiting these awakened spammers is quite easy. They rely on awakened skills to win, bait them sufficiently and they lose quite quickly.

I've only seen a few people who are absolutely unbeatable no matter how I play, and those people are the ones who were already at the top tiers even before awakenings came out.

So in short, skill still plays a very crucial part in pvp. People complain about Saleanas, Elestras and Archers dominating pvp, so far I've only met a few who I can consider good pvp players.

Force users however, are a different story.
yep, i have played FU since cap 24
sometime i feel like FU is the class that was designed for Pvp purpose. Teleport, Gravity trap, Time Stop, Time dodge, Gravity Ascension
Speaking of Saleana, huge dmg really makes up for lacking of Pvp experience, and firewall awkening too, it's way to hard to dodge it and with 3 slow debuff, well GGGGGGG, not to mention 3 explosions coming from Fire gathering 5 second buff (oo;) (oo;)  (oo;)
wish it still cap 50 but with some balance changes it would be great

#25 XaelCry

XaelCry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4909 posts
  • Rational
  • DN, Holywood
  • Quit

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:04 PM

View PostGreenApple, on 04 October 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

yep, i have played FU since cap 24
sometime i feel like FU is the class that was designed for Pvp purpose. Teleport, Gravity trap, Time Stop, Time dodge, Gravity Ascension
Speaking of Saleana, huge dmg really makes up for lacking of Pvp experience, and firewall awkening too, it's way to hard to dodge it and with 3 slow debuff, well GGGGGGG, not to mention 3 explosions coming from Fire gathering 5 second buff (oo;) (oo;)  (oo;)
wish it still cap 50 but with some balance changes it would be great
Basically their time stop/slow only work as a tool in pve example the needs of it in IDN Phase 1.

Saleana have a ridicolous flame burst damage.. so yeah.. the skill even more crazier than Destroyer unawkaned maelstorm.
Ignite awakening adding 2nd problem on super armour.
Firewall slow is just pure genius by dev though.

#26 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:08 PM

View PostXaelCry, on 04 October 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

Firewall slow is just pure genius by dev though.

Firewall damage too painful that people get hit by it crawl slowly in agony.

#27 Meteorite

Meteorite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2510 posts
  • DN, Holywood
  • w3w

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:17 PM

Awakened Firewall also got the same AoE of Ignite/Shatter (what should you expect? devs like to recycle even the AoE itself) wherein if I casted Firewall below the Lost Temple bridge it would reach the person above. If the Awakened Firewall can reach people above the LT bridge.... I hope you get the idea LOL

I'm semi-active already so it's fine for me to give out this secret. (:D)

Edited by Meteorite, 04 October 2016 - 11:18 PM.

#28 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

Am I the only person who doesn't really find Saleanas and Elestras that hard? I've fought a few and I can say awakened snipers a LOT harder.

But I will concede, they hurt as fish; but then again, it's about baiting, recatch and ending the match before they can spam the shyt out of you :v

#29 Lavaora

Lavaora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:07 PM

View Postvangeodee, on 07 October 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

Am I the only person who doesn't really find Saleanas and Elestras that hard? I've fought a few and I can say awakened snipers a LOT harder.

But I will concede, they hurt as fish; but then again, it's about baiting, recatch and ending the match before they can spam the shyt out of you :v

what class are you using? i agree sniper is a lot harder than sally, i'm not sure about elestra though. imo sniper is currently the most broken class in cap 93, followed by elestra (cake)

#30 galeweaver

galeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:03 PM

Probably depend on class. I also find good snipers a harder match than Sallys. But elestras and Maj though are different. They got so many skills that can shut you down

#31 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:06 PM

That depends on which you're playing. I don't mean to brag but using my Defensio, I never had any problems with Sally honestly. Against Elestra, on the other hand, is a do-or-die situation. Basically, kill her before she can lock you down with Poison and Cyclone. My only problem with Snipers or BM in general is that f*cking Ankle Shot.

#32 stylinx

stylinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3089 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:29 AM

my problem with Snipers is siege stance awakened, that 13secs cooldown.
and there are more arrows being fired.
and when i try to get close, i eat arrow shower or charge shot from siege stance

#33 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

View Poststylinx, on 08 October 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:

my problem with Snipers is siege stance awakened, that 13secs cooldown.
and there are more arrows being fired.
and when i try to get close, i eat arrow shower or charge shot from siege stance

Her glory days of Siege Stance spamming will soon be over as a nerf shall befall her once again, reverting Siege Stance's cooldown to 50 secs. But it's not really a nerf because it has always been like that since forever lmao. It's a nerf for bandwagoners though.

#34 chunyee

chunyee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • Sweg guardian
  • DN, Springwood
  • Greyface=nospace

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 08 October 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

Her glory days of Siege Stance spamming will soon be over as a nerf shall befall her once again, reverting Siege Stance's cooldown to 50 secs. But it's not really a nerf because it has always been like that since forever lmao. It's a nerf for bandwagoners though.
Nowadays snipers don't even hit people without siege stance

#35 galeweaver

galeweaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:07 PM

View Postchunyee, on 08 October 2016 - 09:38 PM, said:

Nowadays snipers don't even hit people without siege stance
True

@topic

More than disabling awakenings. I believe the biggest mess up devs did was allow dash in PVP for non-warrior classes. This change just made certain classes near untouchable, and majority of players become runners.

#36 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:40 PM

View Postgaleweaver, on 08 October 2016 - 11:07 PM, said:

More than disabling awakenings. I believe the biggest mess up devs did was allow dash in PVP for non-warrior classes. This change just made certain classes near untouchable, and majority of players become runners.

Agreed 100%. It only sounded good on paper but the reality of it is a fiasco.

#37 PencilNote

PencilNote

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Grayasf
  • DN, Holywood
  • WaterPunch

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:52 PM

So, basically, you're saying PvP is unfair because only a specific set of classes got a certain big plus benefit while the others don't?

Sounds like the typical PvP setting to me.

I kid, I kid. Yeah, I definitely agree with you on this one. Actually, the real request here should be: Remove anything from 60 cap onwards and keep it that way.

#38 vangeodee

vangeodee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:06 PM

View PostLavaora, on 07 October 2016 - 05:07 PM, said:

what class are you using? i agree sniper is a lot harder than sally, i'm not sure about elestra though. imo sniper is currently the most broken class in cap 93, followed by elestra (cake)

I play paladin, mostly Crusader but I dabble with my Guardian from time to time.

though i agree, they should just keep pvp at the old lvl 60 cap mechanics. PVP with the succeeding caps just suck.

#39 Xerxes

Xerxes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Shinya24
  • DN, Holywood
  • MWPSB

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:11 PM

Sniper's SS ex is really hard to counter to classes that have no instant SAB. i cri every time i face a sniper on ladder. her Siege stance AS hurts a lot and so super instant. i cant get near her. all they do is run from 1 point to the other, cast SS ex then shot arrows that has nearly no range limit on ladder like fish.

#40 stylinx

stylinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3089 posts
  • GoMadRaiku
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • KokoCrunch

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:45 AM

View PostXerxes, on 09 October 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

Sniper's SS ex is really hard to counter to classes that have no instant SAB. i cri every time i face a sniper on ladder. her Siege stance AS hurts a lot and so super instant. i cant get near her. all they do is run from 1 point to the other, cast SS ex then shot arrows that has nearly no range limit on ladder like fish.

same feeling here (up)
when you try to get near, woosh... arrow shower in your face or charge shot