• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:51 AM

View PostLimey, on 29 April 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

Maybe it is the way I phrase my sentences that made you guys misunderstand me.

My sentence was "Erm..... kali awakening to me makes them one of the best"

Maybe I should rephrase it to "Kali awakening to me makes their class one of the best"

I'm not saying that their awakening are the best. It is their awakening + whatever they already have + dash + added changes such as higher curse damage etc, that makes them an absolute pain to fight against.

Most kalis I see now only know how to dash to wait for CD of skills, don't know how to play properly, and still manage to beat many other classes. This is especially true for SD/SE.

SE might not have great awakening passive or awakening skills, but the entire awakening patch itself gives them 6k curse damage + dash, means they can just dash around >spirit paper > continue dashing away from you while you slowly chip your own HP off trying to catch them. On top of that, they dash around totem/gate (which has CD plate), and you die trying to even land anything on them.

I tried playing my DS. I could literally just stand there and cast skills and people are too scared to even come close to me. Imagine if I abuse dash like those wews do. At the start of KOF, I can stand there and fire off some chain claw/phantom claw to catch them. If they catch me, I can AE > blitz claw, chaos formation would be up and I can simple cast it and hide inside it to wait for my other skills to CD. Few seconds later my BANKAI buff would be up and I can go on a rampage ggez. That is without me dashing around like 90% of the kali population.

Once again, not saying that they have amazing awakening skills/passive, just that this patch brings them to a much higher level, with the added dash they already had before, unlike in 90 cap whereby kali didn't have dash. (and for some reason they feel extremely tanky)

Since you mention running/dashing a lot, I'm just gonna assume it's a player-related problem and not a class problem. All 4 Kalis have their own pros and cons.

#382 Gendo

Gendo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 28 April 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

The reason people are so afraid of DS is mostly because of Phantom Claw and Chain Claw. Once both are used up, she's most vulnerable at that time. Not to mention, Chain Claw has been nerfed making its CD permanently 15 secs unlike before where it could reach up to 9 secs CD when maxed and a very small hitbox to boot. The high damage you talk about is mainly a single skill named Chaos Formation gaining additional hits and perhaps Phantom Claw's extra hits. Revenge Hand has been nerfed and now sits at 28 seconds sharing the same CD with its instant and removing the effect to recover its CD by Spirit Twinge. A laughable Awakening Passive in the name of Revenge Hand and Rampage Claw with its nonexistent 30% ASPD boost. Not like the skill was anything good in the first place since the Stun nerf. Shattering Hand has like 45 seconds cooldown and Deadly Claw buff is indeed OP and rightfully sits at 60 seconds. She still needs to combo a lot to kill unlike SE where a pointblank Cling Snake EXi can take away 50% of your health. Chaos Formation just makes it easier for her.

BD does not only require a bit of brain to play. She does require a fully functional and very perceptive brain. Awakened Graze Dance is good against low SA classes like female classes minus Machina but its utility diminishes greatly against male classes. Awakened Sweet Circle only reduces Breeze Call Dance's CD and Squall Flaker already pales in comparison to other counter skills like Parry since before. The good thing is its Awakening reduced its CD by 5 secs when its previously 25 secs CD was already questionable for a mediocre skill to begin with. Grazing Rush is already a complicated skill to use that is almost entirely useless. Blade Step sits at 60 secs and Elegant Storm is indeed great, I give you that.

While I'm not fond of SE myself, you can't possibly deny that her Awakening does not provide anything new to her. Summon Totem sits at 60 secs and even if you used it, most people would prefer to stay as far away from it as possible. Soul Liberation needs a lot of set up to use and most SE don't even bother to use this skill with its extremely long casting time. Soul Devourer and Soul Scream passive is meh in PvP and Specter of Pain Passive only adds an additional Specter only when the target is Branded by Stigma of Curse. The only decent passive she has is Cling Snake passive which recovers your other skills' cd when hit accurately. She's remains absolutely the same. Her damage is WTFOP however so I won't make a say on that. Many SE are only carried by their immense damage instead of actual skill.

I won't speak for SD since out of the 4 Kali classes, she's the one that I've had the least experience with because I job changed my SD to BD the moment I maxed her so I never got to test her out.

Do note that I'm not implying Kali is weak or anything since she's definitely not and most of the time, it always depends on the match ups. I'm just saying her Awakening doesn't really leave much to be desired.
SD guarantee got the best Awk out of the 4!
Amazing CTC/High SB (1200 SB)  of Dusk Hunter!
Sufi dance lock down!
2 good active awk skill too!
After awk...SD gameplay much more faster, less "pause" time cuz running out skill (or its just me).
But her burst dmg potential lost to BD this awk patch xD! took me longer to kill opponent (im not that good with her as BD :( )

#383 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:39 PM

View PostGendo, on 02 May 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

SD guarantee got the best Awk out of the 4!
Amazing CTC/High SB (1200 SB)  of Dusk Hunter!
Sufi dance lock down!
2 good active awk skill too!
After awk...SD gameplay much more faster, less "pause" time cuz running out skill (or its just me).
But her burst dmg potential lost to BD this awk patch xD! took me longer to kill opponent (im not that good with her as BD :( )

I agree with you. Before Awakening, it was easy to run out of skill if you spam a lot as a SD but now her skills seem to coordinate smoothly. I can't exactly put my finger on it but I think CTC Dusk Hunter was the main reason for this and to a lesser extent Praetor with its lower cooldown.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Elegant Storm and Hurricane Gust alone, I think, is enough to drain 60-80% of your health depending on your class. BD is slightly harder to use than SD but can kill more easily than her.

#384 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:03 PM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 02 May 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

I agree with you. Before Awakening, it was easy to run out of skill if you spam a lot as a SD but now her skills seem to coordinate smoothly. I can't exactly put my finger on it but I think CTC Dusk Hunter was the main reason for this and to a lesser extent Praetor with its lower cooldown.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Elegant Storm and Hurricane Gust alone, I think, is enough to drain 60-80% of your health depending on your class. BD is slightly harder to use than SD but can kill more easily than her.
eh? General dun blade doeesnt lose out to elegant much . General dun blade ex wif 45 buffs does 50-60k dmg lol.

#385 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:39 PM

View PostHandyyy, on 02 May 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

eh? General dun blade doeesnt lose out to elegant much . General dun blade ex wif 45 buffs does 50-60k dmg lol.

I don't really know about that since I don't play SD myself so feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt. I'm merely basing my judgment on my fights with both classes and I can't really feel Gen Dunblade's damage compared to Elegant Storm but then again, maybe it's because most SDs are simply spammers with no regard for comboing so that's why I can't appreciate Gen Dunblade since it's just used randomly by mediocre SDs whereas Elegant Storm para-locks you so you can really feel its pain in its entirety.

#386 Gendo

Gendo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:05 PM

View PostHandyyy, on 02 May 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

eh? General dun blade doesn't lose out to elegant much. General dun blade ex with 45 buffs does 50-60k dmg lol.
Maybe deal less dmg  tho.
Just cuz SD need too much setup for it, 2 dance buff then 45 then Dunblade.
By the time finish all that I'm pretty sure ES was done and ready to cast more skills

Perfect Ideal match: bait all eva -> ES or/then sufi -> cast elf dance -> ES or blade rush -> 50. D-E-A-D

Edited by Gendo, 03 May 2017 - 08:06 PM.

#387 Soulcrack

Soulcrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • SoulcrackD/Soulcrack
  • DN, Holywood
  • Adamantine/Revamped (EX)

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

I'm DA and i destroy awakening, what is the problem?

#388 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

View PostSoulcrack, on 04 May 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

I'm DA and i destroy awakening, what is the problem?

You're too late to the party. This used to be a rant thread. Now it's more like a discussion on each class's Awakening.