• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • TitanYuri
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Guild Less

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:39 PM

PLEASE DELETE THREAD. TY!

Edited by YuriCode, 24 October 2016 - 10:15 AM.

#2 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:05 PM

Well obviously Ruina since it's a stronger version of Machina and you benefit from the added skill tree from Patrona and improved EX skills of Ruina.

Sarcasm aside, if you plan on PvPing while not getting left behind in PvE then Ruina is the one for you. Defensio is trash in PvE. The only minor problem is that Ruina is slightly harder to maneuver and more vulnerable in PvP compared to Defensio.

#3 Xeradite

Xeradite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Xeradite
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:10 PM

Defensio (:D)

#4 YuriCode

YuriCode

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • TitanYuri
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Guild Less

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:07 AM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 11 October 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

Well obviously Ruina since it's a stronger version of Machina and you benefit from the added skill tree from Patrona and improved EX skills of Ruina.

Sarcasm aside, if you plan on PvPing while not getting left behind in PvE then Ruina is the one for you. Defensio is trash in PvE. The only minor problem is that Ruina is slightly harder to maneuver and more vulnerable in PvP compared to Defensio.

Thank you! So what you're saying is that Defensio is more 1v1 PvP Oriented and Ruina for PVE?

If Ruina is bad for 1v1 PvP might as well go Defensio and find a way to increase damage. 😞

What you think? Btw what you mean more vulnerable? Ty so much for your reply! 😁

#5 YuriCode

YuriCode

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • TitanYuri
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Guild Less

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:08 AM

View PostXeradite, on 11 October 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

Defensio (:D)

Ty for you reply! 😁

#6 ChaoteZeus

ChaoteZeus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts
  • RubberZeus
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:26 AM

Ruina is an imba DPS in PVE because of Overcharge.

Defensio's are suggested by people for 1v1 because of repair, Beat Down EX air time and taunting blow iframe/SA/SA break.

I was a defensio before and JC-ed to ruina. Though I miss repair and Beat Down EX, it feels so much better to be a ruina. The damage in PVE is wayyyyy better than Defensio. No matter what you do, you really cant turn Defensio into a DPS.

As a Ruina, tho u lack the functional skills of Defensios, you are still a machina which means High SA and High SA Break. For 1v1 SB, you can cast a few skills + damage inhertiance and fast kill ur opponent. In ladder, as long as you pull off Damage inheritance especially for overboost, you will definitly win.

Im more for RUINA because of her imba PVE DPS and because you can be a pro PVP player if you manage to master using her. In group PVP, you can even spam overcharge and get a few kills here and there.

But if you really loveeee defensio. Devs said that this class is a "Mistake" shes not effective as a tanker nor as a DPS so theyd be converting her to a DPS class sometime when you have grandchildren. So rather than waiting for something uncertain, I suggest you go for Ruina. You can always JC later if she turns out superawesomesauce.

#7 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:39 PM

View PostYuriCode, on 12 October 2016 - 01:07 AM, said:

Thank you! So what you're saying is that Defensio is more 1v1 PvP Oriented and Ruina for PVE?

If Ruina is bad for 1v1 PvP might as well go Defensio and find a way to increase damage.

What you think? Btw what you mean more vulnerable? Ty so much for your reply!

Well just like the old saying, it all depends on the player's skill. However, Defensio is inherently better than Ruina in 1v1 PvP solely because it has more survival chances and flexibility.

Ruina isn't really bad in PvP. It just takes more effort to use compared to Defensio.

Vulnerable in a sense that you can't afford to make mistakes. Ruina only has 1 Aerial Evasion and 1 Counter. Bait those and she's done for. Whereas Defensio can still get back on her feet because of Repair which is ridiculously fast and efficient. Defensio is trash in PvE though. Trust me.

#8 Feel

Feel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 690 posts
  • OreoooBaby|OreoBabyyy
  • DN, Holywood
  • Rozenkraus

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:17 AM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 12 October 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

Defensio is trash in PvE though. Trust me.

I know the feeling (clap) My semi-geared Saleana can out-dps my geared (Geared for ladder, devotion set, because fish PvE) Defensio by a mile.

Ruina isn't really bad in PvP. It just takes more effort to use compared to Defensio.

Check out this Ruina, he's really good. And if you search him, there is also a 4-part matches, against Futanari (Defensio) and he's also really good with his very flexible combos.

https://www.youtube....h?v=d1GTloy0KAE

P.S. I still don't know how to embed YT vids (sob)

Edited by Feel, 13 October 2016 - 08:23 AM.

#9 YuriCode

YuriCode

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • TitanYuri
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Guild Less

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:13 AM

View PostChaoteZeus, on 12 October 2016 - 07:26 AM, said:

Ruina is an imba DPS in PVE because of Overcharge.

Defensio's are suggested by people for 1v1 because of repair, Beat Down EX air time and taunting blow iframe/SA/SA break.

I was a defensio before and JC-ed to ruina. Though I miss repair and Beat Down EX, it feels so much better to be a ruina. The damage in PVE is wayyyyy better than Defensio. No matter what you do, you really cant turn Defensio into a DPS.

As a Ruina, tho u lack the functional skills of Defensios, you are still a machina which means High SA and High SA Break. For 1v1 SB, you can cast a few skills + damage inhertiance and fast kill ur opponent. In ladder, as long as you pull off Damage inheritance especially for overboost, you will definitly win.

Im more for RUINA because of her imba PVE DPS and because you can be a pro PVP player if you manage to master using her. In group PVP, you can even spam overcharge and get a few kills here and there.

But if you really loveeee defensio. Devs said that this class is a "Mistake" shes not effective as a tanker nor as a DPS so theyd be converting her to a DPS class sometime when you have grandchildren. So rather than waiting for something uncertain, I suggest you go for Ruina. You can always JC later if she turns out superawesomesauce.

Sir Chaote thank you very much for this reply I really really appreciate you helping me to decide which path to go. This reply gave me a lot of learning for both classes. THANKS! (:D)

#10 YuriCode

YuriCode

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • TitanYuri
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Guild Less

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:16 AM

Sir Xh0lic and Ms Feel thank you very much! I have now decided to go Ruina.

Because of all your help.

I promise not to give up on the class no matter what. (:[) (<3)

Thanks again for taking your time replying!! (clap) (cake)

#11 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:42 AM

View PostFeel, on 13 October 2016 - 08:17 AM, said:

I know the feeling (clap) My semi-geared Saleana can out-dps my geared (Geared for ladder, devotion set, because fish PvE) Defensio by a mile.

Check out this Ruina, he's really good. And if you search him, there is also a 4-part matches, against Futanari (Defensio) and he's also really good with his very flexible combos.

https://www.youtube....h?v=d1GTloy0KAE

P.S. I still don't know how to embed YT vids (sob)

I've seen that vid already and I actually laughed at all the comments. Youtube really is a cancerous community. Basically, their logic is that Machina is OP because it could beat that Elestra which also seems to be the top boss there, according to the comments at least. And they were actually complaining about RUINA. F*cking RUINA. I would've understood if it was Defensio but goodness gracious, it has to be Ruina: a character so easy to curb stomp as an Elestra.

I've also checked that video of Your vs Futanari. I wasn't impressed with the Defensio honestly. He wasn't really that good that's why the Ruina came out looking extremely pro.

Last thing, they're from NA server according to the comments. I only care about SEA (;])

#12 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:43 AM

View PostYuriCode, on 13 October 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

Sir Xh0lic and Ms Feel thank you very much! I have now decided to go Ruina.

Because of all your help.

I promise not to give up on the class no matter what. (:[) (<3)

Thanks again for taking your time replying!! (clap) (cake)

Well you can just create a Ruina for PvE and a Defensio for PvP. You'll ultimately regret that decision because I doubt most people would let a Defensio join their party nowadays. Ruina is still miles better in PvE.

#13 Xeradite

Xeradite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Xeradite
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:21 PM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 13 October 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

Well you can just create a Ruina for PvE and a Defensio for PvP. You'll ultimately regret that decision because I doubt most people would let a Defensio join their party nowadays. Ruina is still miles better in PvE.

^ This. Make a Ruina for PVE and a Defensio for PVP and funnel all your gold to your Ruina since PVP doesn't need that much of your gold, just let your Defensio have the right skill plates you need.

#14 ChaoteZeus

ChaoteZeus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts
  • RubberZeus
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:17 AM

You're welcome sir Yuri hentai.

Hello Xeradite, idol and guildmate. haha

If you wana see pro Ruina in SEA just spec sir Xeradite in pvp. You'd be awed.

~I personally don't like to create another Defensio. For me, levelling is my sheep counting- meaning I literally fall asleep after a few mins of levelling. Im not willing to make one thru Chronicle because I want my chronicle character to be some class I havent tried yet so that Id know how to use the class and counter them...

But if you wna make one, seriously there's not much difference in how you play them in PVP... Some DPS skills + Damage inheritance.. boom dead. Just that defnsios have Repair and taunting blow is kewlll to use.. high SA + iFrame.

And I watched that video too and even joined in the trashtalking section comments. Im d one who commended the Ruina for being good, though elestra was good too because she SB-ed a lot of her skills.

View PostXeradite, on 13 October 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

^ This. Make a Ruina for PVE and a Defensio for PVP and funnel all your gold to your Ruina since PVP doesn't need that much of your gold, just let your Defensio have the right skill plates you need.

#15 YuriCode

YuriCode

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • TitanYuri
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Guild Less

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:14 AM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 13 October 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

I was planning to play just one character all the way to gain mastery. (:[)  Saw some videos and seems that Defensio is way better than Ruina for 1v1 PvP.

I'm planning to make a Defensio now, but I really don't know why there's a big gap between them in PVE its like almost the same Tree like swordsman going ML or Glad both can DPS something like that. (:[)

If I make Defensio I don't think they would let me into any party especially under geared. (sorry) Btw what do you guys mean by "SB"? Sorry lels. (:D)

#16 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

View PostYuriCode, on 14 October 2016 - 07:14 AM, said:

I was planning to play just one character all the way to gain mastery. (:[)  Saw some videos and seems that Defensio is way better than Ruina for 1v1 PvP.

I'm planning to make a Defensio now, but I really don't know why there's a big gap between them in PVE its like almost the same Tree like swordsman going ML or Glad both can DPS something like that. (:[)

If I make Defensio I don't think they would let me into any party especially under geared. (sorry) Btw what do you guys mean by "SB"? Sorry lels. ( :D)

There's not really much of a difference in mastery anyway. They have similar playstyle both in PvP and PvE. The only difference is that Ruina uses Overcharge for damage in PvE. You can still play Ruina in PvE without disrupting your focus in PvP.

Defensio lacks Overcharge that Ruina has and it's an extremely good DPS skill which most parties would likely want. Defensio, on the other hand, fails at what it's supposed to do. Guardian and Destroyer outshines her in tanking. So overall Ruina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Defensio in PvE.

Well of course that depends on the players. Some people are picky with their party mates like "LFM>RAVEN/SNIPER IDN" and the likes. A character like Defensio who has no clear job wouldn't be a good choice.

Also "SB" is softban. In the video the Elestra did not use her Freezing Field EXi which would've been a great damaging skill. She also did not use Shield or Barrier or Ice Sphere.

#17 YuriCode

YuriCode

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • TitanYuri
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Guild Less

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:03 PM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 14 October 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

There's not really much of a difference in mastery anyway. They have similar playstyle both in PvP and PvE. The only difference is that Ruina uses Overcharge for damage in PvE. You can still play Ruina in PvE without disrupting your focus in PvP.

Defensio lacks Overcharge that Ruina has and it's an extremely good DPS skill which most parties would likely want. Defensio, on the other hand, fails at what it's supposed to do. Guardian and Destroyer outshines her in tanking. So overall Ruina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Defensio in PvE.

Well of course that depends on the players. Some people are picky with their party mates like "LFM>RAVEN/SNIPER IDN" and the likes. A character like Defensio who has no clear job wouldn't be a good choice.

Also "SB" is softban. In the video the Elestra did not use her Freezing Field EXi which would've been a great damaging skill. She also did not use Shield or Barrier or Ice Sphere.

Hmmm how about I play Defensio and try to find my way to make it work on PVE. I mean they be selling RDN service and IDN service soon. I'll just grind my way for gold and buy myself some parties to gear up. That way I can play PVE and PVP.

What do you think? 😭

Like how far is the gap between the two? Say same gears is it like Ruina damaging 1M and Defensio doing 200k only? Is it that far? 😂😂

Thanks again for you reply! 😁

#18 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:57 PM

View PostYuriCode, on 14 October 2016 - 09:03 PM, said:

Hmmm how about I play Defensio and try to find my way to make it work on PVE. I mean they be selling RDN service and IDN service soon. I'll just grind my way for gold and buy myself some parties to gear up. That way I can play PVE and PVP.

What do you think?

Like how far is the gap between the two? Say same gears is it like Ruina damaging 1M and Defensio doing 200k only? Is it that far?

Thanks again for you reply!

That's up to you. I've already said what needs to be said. The decision lies within you whether you still want to pursue Defensio in PvE or not.

If you really insist on the idea then give it a try. If you think Defensio feels lackluster in PvE then you can just create a Ruina and transfer all of your items to her. There's no difference anyway. Still a win-win situation. I also find it interesting myself on how far Defensio could go in PvE. So go for it if you really want to.

#19 Feel

Feel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 690 posts
  • OreoooBaby|OreoBabyyy
  • DN, Holywood
  • Rozenkraus

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:19 AM

If you need reference with Defensio's damage in PvE... Here's mine (though I can't compare my damage to ruina due to I job changed my Ruina to another Defensio (clap) ):

Posted Image

149k P.Atk (142k on town), 41.8% Light attack (Am using light ECJ)

Deals around 5.3m damage per second in training battle ground, I only used about just 1 rotation there so it could still get lower (clap)

Edited by Feel, 15 October 2016 - 07:20 AM.

#20 YuriCode

YuriCode

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • TitanYuri
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Guild Less

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:58 AM

View PostFeel, on 15 October 2016 - 07:19 AM, said:

If you need reference with Defensio's damage in PvE... Here's mine (though I can't compare my damage to ruina due to I job changed my Ruina to another Defensio (clap) ):

Posted Image

149k P.Atk (142k on town), 41.8% Light attack (Am using light ECJ)

Deals around 5.3m damage per second in training battle ground, I only used about just 1 rotation there so it could still get lower (clap)

Hey this is decent right? I mean with your gears you can solo some nests like DDL, ABN, MANTI [HC] no sweat right? (clap)

Is the repair really a big deal in pvp its like a 50 seconds cool down to reduce 7 seconds of cool down on everything. (oo;)

Sorry to noob to understand. I mean I'd go Ruina if repair is not too much of a big deal. (:[)

Edited by YuriCode, 15 October 2016 - 09:19 AM.