Is It Needed To Be In English Language When Reporting Scammers?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 HyuuuNZEN

HyuuuNZEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:13 PM

Is it needed to be in english language when reporting scammers? Please reply as soon as possible, I've got scammed.

#2 Dessert

Dessert

Dragon Nest Master

• 179 posts
  • ButterBraid
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:08 PM

Yes, we would like to have the report in english.

#3 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:32 PM

Why do you offer a german and french game version + a subforum for each of them and if I remember correctly wasn't even the support supposed to support these languages and then you want tickets in english???

#4 YamiZero

YamiZero

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1444 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:03 PM

View PostWeapon7, on 21 October 2016 - 09:32 PM, said:

Why do you offer a german and french game version + a subforum for each of them and if I remember correctly wasn't even the support supposed to support these languages and then you want tickets in english???

I don't think you should regard support and a discussion forum as the same thing.

#5 Weapon7

Weapon7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:29 PM

He didn't said on forum did he? And even if as I mentioned we also have a german and french sub-forum don't we? Are these sub-forum getting any love in their according languages? NO!

#6 Reimii

Reimii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Reimii
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ArCiel

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:54 AM

View PostDessert, on 21 October 2016 - 06:08 PM, said:

Yes, we would like to have the report in english.

I see, CC is rassist.

As W7 said, why do you even bother giving us german and french sub-forum and still hosts a client with 3 languages if you only support 1? And please don't tell me that you guys don't have mods/supps who can answer/read ticks/reports on french, german or any other language.

View PostYamiZero, on 21 October 2016 - 11:03 PM, said:

I don't think you should regard support and a discussion forum as the same thing.

It is the same thing. Do you start a japanese game if you can't read the language? Not really because if you are stuck, found a bug or are offended you can't report it.

I'm pretty see your working-philosophy: officials-mikado - first who moves loses. x)

#7 YamiZero

YamiZero

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1444 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:29 PM

View PostReimii, on 22 October 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

I see, CC is rassist.

As W7 said, why do you even bother giving us german and french sub-forum and still hosts a client with 3 languages if you only support 1? And please don't tell me that you guys don't have mods/supps who can answer/read ticks/reports on french, german or any other language.

It is the same thing. Do you start a japanese game if you can't read the language? Not really because if you are stuck, found a bug or are offended you can't report it.

I'm pretty see your working-philosophy: officials-mikado - first who moves loses. x)

I can assure you there are plenty of people playing Japanese games despite not knowing the language for various reasons, and yes, if they get stuck or run into bugs, it becomes more difficult to deal with them than when one would understand the original language.

This has little to do with racism at all, but rather what is supported and what is not. I tried to make clear to Weapon7 earlier, support and discussion forum are not the same things. Despite not moderating these forum parts, I've seen that Cherry does publish updates and information in different languages, so that users can discuss among themselves about it, but does not directly provide support over the forums with the exception of the occasional DNM coming in to try and help out players.

From what I remember the language options on the client had something to do with the publishing of these type of games in Europe. I can't go into detail on that, because I'm unaware of the exact law/rules regarding this as a moderator.

The topic starter inquired about a report and was answered, if you wish to discuss your expectancies or what Cherry Credits should be doing in relation to languages, feel free to open up a new topic in the Feedback and Suggestions forum section, and I'll forward that to someone who can provide better answers to your concerns.

// Topic closed.