• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 VinnyKun

VinnyKun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:38 AM

http://forum.dragonn..._=1478123160209 no information on active skill awakenings % dmg but still better than nothing.

#2 babyblerd

babyblerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:32 PM

Im excited for the BD videos! (love)
I wonder if "blade step" gives iframe just like in tempest?

#3 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3859 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:47 PM

Posted Image

#4 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:20 PM

View Postrikolero, on 03 November 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

Posted Image

Looks like an HD rip-off except with no silence and I think classes with Power Tumble can dodge it.

#5 NutWalker

NutWalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:29 AM

with the awakening, will DS be using the new awakening skill "shattered hand" often and will rampage claw be more viable to use because of its increase in board dmg even if camera-locked?

#6 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6974 posts
  • Save Our Last Goodbye
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:38 AM

View PostNutWalker, on 04 November 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:

with the awakening, will DS be using the new awakening skill "shattered hand" often and will rampage claw be more viable to use because of its increase in board dmg even if camera-locked?

DS' main dps skills will still be Revenge Hand, Chain Claw and probably Phantom Claw.
Shattered Hand got 6420% board but got 25s CD. Since you can't spam this skill due to CD, you can't say you will use it often, but definitely an addition to your rotation and must use it every time it's off CD.

Rampage Claw got 4923% board but still got the CD of 30s, nonetheless yes it's more viable to use now.
Maybe the question here is, should DS still invest on Beast Spirit? If not, where to invest the SP.

#7 NutWalker

NutWalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

regarding the new buff, since it has (if i read correctly and if the source is legit) 20s duration and 10s CD, will it be reasonable to keep it up and in rotation like sadism?

#8 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6974 posts
  • Save Our Last Goodbye
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:13 PM

View PostNutWalker, on 04 November 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

regarding the new buff, since it has (if i read correctly and if the source is legit) 20s duration and 10s CD, will it be reasonable to keep it up and in rotation like sadism?

I don't see any reason why it should not.

Edited by SorceressHater, 04 November 2016 - 12:13 PM.

#9 Erui

Erui

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts
  • EruPop
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:12 AM

The changes shuffle the DPS tables here and there but I don't see fundamental changes being done here. The buff rotation should be a bit easier with these adjustments but we know that boosts to skills like Phantom Claw or Rampage Claw have limited utility. No new utility, no screamingly defining role.

DS's access to curse's utility was also changed, moving from crit to matk boosts of self buffs. The former is a nerf, the latter needs actual testing.

I was not expecting anything really but when this news popped in my feed my heart was crushed.

#10 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2888 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:12 AM

Removal of crit is by no means a nerf, it's a wasted stat. DS always had inferior MAtk due to it's lack in CM 1/2, about time they got that.

#11 Erui

Erui

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts
  • EruPop
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:33 AM

I never said it was a nerf, I said its efficacy needs testing, that is, while it is definitely welcome we have to see how good is good enough taking into consideration curse

#12 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2888 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:02 AM

View PostErui, on 05 November 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

I never said it was a nerf, I said its efficacy needs testing, that is, while it is definitely welcome we have to see how good is good enough taking into consideration curse

Then you say I put words in your mouth...

View PostErui, on 05 November 2016 - 05:12 AM, said:

The changes shuffle the DPS tables here and there but I don't see fundamental changes being done here. The buff rotation should be a bit easier with these adjustments but we know that boosts to skills like Phantom Claw or Rampage Claw have limited utility. No new utility, no screamingly defining role.

DS's access to curse's utility was also changed, moving from crit to matk boosts of self buffs. The former is a nerf, the latter needs actual testing.

I was not expecting anything really but when this news popped in my feed my heart was crushed.

Anyway, you're not even doing a proper comparison. The Class Mastery 2 was changed from Crit to MAtk buff. That has nothing to do with and no relation whatsoever with the removal of Curse debuff.

There is no need to test whether a CM2 MAtk buff makes up for curse or not, it is something that DS should've had from a long time already and should not have been given to "make up" for the removal of anything else.

The removal of curses is a different subject completely, and it is simply a nerf. And it is lame.

Though, I really find it weird that someone who never really played the class nor had a decent understanding of it would suddenly come to give their opinions on a revamp. Honestly, you don't even know what a DS is so what's the point... Atleast learn the class first (tense)

#13 Erui

Erui

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts
  • EruPop
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:18 AM

The former refers to the curse and the latter refers to the matk. That is plain as day usage in the same paragraph. I was showing an apple and an orange and wasn't even comparing the apple to the orange.

So why are you roused up? Are you also saying I cannot have an opinion on matter? Aww you haven't moved on hehe

#14 keff09

keff09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Kalitot,Ohrytot
  • DN, Holywood
  • LastHeroesPH

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:26 AM

its been 3days since the awakening skill of kali's, most of the video's i watch are on pvp except for SD's doing TKN HC. I main DS, i have'nt seen one doing PVE's, plus i notice something about  revenge hand which is now share's cd with ins, but it says that upon success hit of the norm/EX RH, INS RH recovers were in they always cast the INS instead of the norm/EX version, is it the same thing as the first ins of rough sweep in flurry's were you should do the norm before using its insto get full dps??

-can someone share me awaken DS's on pve?Thanks (:])

#15 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2888 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:48 PM

View PostErui, on 05 November 2016 - 07:18 AM, said:

Are you also saying I cannot have an opinion on matter?

Plebs can have opinions, they're just horribly wrong and misleading.

Also,

"The former refers to the curse and the latter refers to the matk. That is plain as day usage in the same paragraph. I was showing an apple and an orange and wasn't even comparing the apple to the orange."

Saying that after you said this:

"I never said it was a nerf, I said its efficacy needs testing, that is, while it is definitely welcome we have to see how good is good enough taking into consideration curse"

And

View Postzuyi, on 05 November 2016 - 07:02 AM, said:

View PostErui, on 05 November 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

Then you say I put words in your mouth...

View PostErui, on 05 November 2016 - 05:12 AM, said:

Just how confused are you...? Actually nvm that question, trash like you' is really not worth wasting time on.

PS: Max quote limit in one comment is so sad (sorry)

#16 Syenna

Syenna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts
  • w00t
  • DN, Holywood
  • negativekarma

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:58 PM

Dancer Awakenings look good. Don't want to judge too harshly on DS getting another buff with a long-ass-animation, seeing as the change in playstyle leaning towards Phantom claw looks interesting. Can't wait for gameplay videos.

Justice for the invincibility of Phantom Avenger tho

EDIT:

New PC looks good. Because in this video the last two waves kinda deal two hits now.

Edited by Syenna, 05 November 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#17 Sot

Sot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1957 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:00 PM

off-topic but

View Postzuyi, on 05 November 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

Plebs can have opinions, they're just horribly wrong and misleading.
I never really understood why you seem so triggered whenever you're talking to Erui

#18 Limey

Limey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:10 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=8cUGxaN7Gtg

That phantom claw spam..... does it apply in PVP?? If so .... QUEEN OF CLAWSSSS UNLIMITED SPAM FOR 20 SECONDS

Edited by Limey, 05 November 2016 - 06:11 PM.

#19 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2888 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:27 PM

View PostSot, on 05 November 2016 - 06:00 PM, said:

off-topic but

I never really understood why you seem so triggered whenever you're talking to Erui

pet peeves

#20 ParkofEternity

ParkofEternity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • DN, Westwood
  • WatersGate

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:11 PM

View PostLimey, on 05 November 2016 - 06:10 PM, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=8cUGxaN7Gtg

That phantom claw spam..... does it apply in PVP?? If so .... QUEEN OF CLAWSSSS UNLIMITED SPAM FOR 20 SECONDS
iirc Deadly Claw buff reduces Phantom Claw's cooldown by 10 seconds even on pvp (Phantom Claw cd is 15s). The difference is the amount of crit rate the buff gives (20% @ pve, 10% @ pvp).