• 1166 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:31 AM

View PostDinyan, on 17 November 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

Do you love me?

Posted Image

It would be a problem to not love one's girlfriend, wouldn't it?

#42 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 970 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:50 AM

Does the paw djent?

#43 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1166 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:16 PM

View PostRiuga, on 17 November 2016 - 01:50 AM, said:

Does the paw djent?

I'm afraid I do not understand the question. If you mean "dent", no, it does not, it's too strong for that to happen to it!

View PostReflector, on 17 November 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:

so cleric became a bard........we want legit bards not dis......can clerics even music?

Yeah, my favourite songs made by clerics are "Don't hurt yourself" by Dj.Shieldmix (a tale about how divine punishment EX works), "I don't give a damn" by Blockillex (explaining how to guardian force into iron will into shield charge to tank party wipes) and "Faster than you" by Guarvid Crusetta (about stacking harmonize onto wax onto conviction aura, onto divine punishment, onto avatar while eating pepper and riding a sprint mount).

#44 BlackShower

BlackShower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1978 posts
  • Deep Slumber

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:44 PM

just wanna say thanks for the hard work (:])

oh and also, any movie recommendation?

#45 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1166 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:49 PM

View PostBlackShower, on 17 November 2016 - 10:44 PM, said:

just wanna say thanks for the hard work (:])

oh and also, any movie recommendation?

Thank you for your support! It's an awesome feeling to know there is someone who appreciates your work, even if it's mostly invisible. It's certainly something that motivates me to do more and better!

I would be more comfortable to recommend you a film if you suggested a genre first. I'm not a big cinema fan, but I did watch a couple of funny films a while ago. Mordecai, for instance, is a fine comedy I enjoyed watching. If you are not into comedy, you could try Crimson Peak. It was not bad when I watched it, went with some colleagues and we had a good time.

#46 chibidanil

chibidanil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Lolicores
  • DN, Westwood
  • LightEdge

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:51 PM

leave paw here
my cat wanna paw you
Spoiler

are you from EU region and active DNEU player? are you playing SEA rn and enjoy the toxicity ? (lol)

#47 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1166 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:01 PM

View Postchibidanil, on 17 November 2016 - 10:51 PM, said:

leave paw here
my cat wanna paw you
are you from EU region and active DNEU player? are you playing SEA rn and enjoy the toxicity ? (lol)

Aww, that cat is super-cute!

Yes, I'm a EU active player, currently dealing with the endgame IDN and IDN HC, aiming to farm for IDN L gears. I only played SEA once to test machina before it came live on EU, never logged in again (mostly because I don't have the same resources I have in DNEU, where I sit on a decent pile of gold and have fully geared characters). I have no idea of how the situation of your server is ingame, I only do forums because SEA gives me more material to moderate than EU (which is basically very well moderated by Zero and Dessert).

#48 Reflector

Reflector

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1061 posts
  • TFudge/BTech/LStore
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:18 PM

View PostPawHammer, on 17 November 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

Yeah, my favourite songs made by clerics are "Don't hurt yourself" by Dj.Shieldmix (a tale about how divine punishment EX works), "I don't give a damn" by Blockillex (explaining how to guardian force into iron will into shield charge to tank party wipes) and "Faster than you" by Guarvid Crusetta (about stacking harmonize onto wax onto conviction aura, onto divine punishment, onto avatar while eating pepper and riding a sprint mount).

Bu...but.......dat means clerics are djs? deym....who knew

and now I know paw is a party cat based from his/her music preference
might ask for paw to come to clubs/bars and do bar hoppin

#49 chibidanil

chibidanil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Lolicores
  • DN, Westwood
  • LightEdge

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:16 AM

View PostPawHammer, on 17 November 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

Aww, that cat is super-cute!

Yes, I'm a EU active player, currently dealing with the endgame IDN and IDN HC, aiming to farm for IDN L gears. I only played SEA once to test machina before it came live on EU, never logged in again (mostly because I don't have the same resources I have in DNEU, where I sit on a decent pile of gold and have fully geared characters). I have no idea of how the situation of your server is ingame, I only do forums because SEA gives me more material to moderate than EU (which is basically very well moderated by Zero and Dessert).

good luck o/
DN SEA server is on avg right now, just like EU but more ppl
but the economy there I heard is so bad once they compensate everyone after-crash and when magnify event came (default RH reward give 20 per id, magnifying is buyable from lament store, and ppl who held thousands of magnis (no) )
I once tried EU like few months times making SS before server crash, I dunno my id there safe or not anymore (oo;)

#50 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 970 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:31 AM

View PostPawHammer, on 17 November 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

I'm afraid I do not understand the question. If you mean "dent", no, it does not, it's too strong for that to happen to it!

It is an inside metal joke.

I have played MMOs for the past 8 years, some years more active than others, and I have participated in the forums of each MMO I have ever played. By far, I have never seen anyone as hard working and as exemplary of a moderator as you, PawHammer. Some unique traits that I see are:

1) Activeness on the forums compared to other volunteer-only moderators. This is even better than some of the paid moderators that I have seen on other MMO forums.

2) The amount of thought, detail, and formality that goes into each post. This may just be me, but many moderators (both volunteer and paid) give off a sense of "I need to get this post done as quickly as possible so I can move onto more interesting things to do with my life" and / or "I need to write just enough posts a month in order to retain my moderator status and get a promotion / prevent a demotion".

3) Being very willing to offer help. Some moderators tend to hastily and inadequately answer questions in order to end a particular discussion as soon as possible, while a few others post once to a thread and completely abandon the thread even though more help is requested. There are also those who read threads and then proceed to neglect them, offering no reply in the process even if it was explicitly requested that a moderator reply. On the other hand, you are almost always explicitly saying that you're willing to offer more help if someone needs it, to the point where it can be seen as "you're just creating more work for yourself" compared to some other moderators. In addition to this, you give the community a sense of assurance by explicitly telling them that individual bug reports and suggestions have been read and forwarded to the powers that be; you do not intentionally neglect threads where a moderator's reply is expected, in other words.

4) Not being thin-skinned. Quite a few moderators that I have seen tend to get offended due to trivial matters, while others tend to, often incorrectly, infer the nuances in posts. The latter often times results in the moderator viewing a particular post as offensive, even though his or her interpretation of the nuances is not the same as the original posters'. Lastly, there is what I like to call the "SJW/PC-culture" type of moderator, who find posts that do not contain the words "please", "kindly", or "thanks" every other sentence to be rude or even offensive. I remember two moderators who were like this; they are rare, but do exist.

5) Not being arrogant, willing to abuse power, nor hypocritical. I have seen a few moderators in the past who go into "bull mode" when they get criticized, and I know one who gave a one-day ban to someone who criticized him justly and concisely. I also find that more often than not, the ones who easily get offended and find "normal" posts to be rude, tend to write rude posts themselves when aggravated or criticized.

6) Being logical and not emotionally-swayed. I believe that anyone who has played MMOs for at least 3 years should encounter moderators that have small, or sometimes even blatant biases towards those who are kinder towards or speak positively about them. This more often than not influences their judgement, which in turn causes unfair punishments.

This just goes to prove that the best moderators are the ones who actually play the game as a regular player and really want to do the job of forum-moderating. I believe hiring paid moderators is a costly and counterproductive practice. If an MMO cannot produce a constant, decent pool of forum-moderator applicants to select from, then it is the fault of the MMO itself for not being interesting enough to make people want to sign up for the job.

Edited by Riuga, 18 November 2016 - 01:56 AM.

#51 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1166 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:10 AM

View PostRiuga, on 18 November 2016 - 01:31 AM, said:

Criticism that would be too long to quote but I really appreciate.
1) I try to be as active as possible, I will agree on this one.

2) Uhm... yes, I do put thought into what I type on my posts, but I would not define myself as very formal. I appreciate you perceive it that way though.

3) This is an important point from my point of view. I am a person who dislikes unfinished things... this is why I persist in certain threads which I happen to find (some of them escape my checks, others are reported and I find them afterwards if the other moderators don't find it first). And... about the offering help... everyone deserves to feel part of this community! That is why even if I happen to dislike the person posting, I will get some job done (either by providing an immediate help from my own knowledge or by seeking an answer elsewhere). Even if I'm 90% sure a report is false, I do try to bring it into attention (to be told afterwards that the post was, of course, false), and the reason I do this is to try and put my twenty cents into this community so it does not stop being active and interesting to watch. Besides... it feels terrible to be ignored, doesn't it?

4) This I have to disagree with. I am very far from being perfect, and one of my flaws is being triggered (#?) by potential and not only obvious offensive posts. And not always for me. To put an example, if I see a post using an expression that can be misunderstood, I might change it to something friendlier or just tell the person writing that I don't like his/her wording. Some people from DNEU know this already, but I try my best to see the situation from several points of view (but again, I'm not perfect, and I often react wrong).

5) Well, I would say I am a bit hypocritical, but appart from that, I try to be fair. I have been target of criticism in the EU side of the forum several times and I can say it sometimes is a hit to the moral, but I can endure it and take it into account. Aaand, about being rude on replies, I try to be funny rather than rude, because I know it's way better for the person reading me and myself (in the sense I will not get stressed from a pointless online arguement). And to be fair, I have bad days, so expect rude pawing at some point in time.

6) Honestly, I do prefer people that are kind/funny/imaginative in their posting to those who are plain/irritable/rude, but not necessarily towards me, but towards the rest of the community. There is a reason, though: the people who are nice are the seeds of the community I want to be moderating: a place where we can discuss or game in a friendly manner without ill-intentioned posts, that is what I would like our forums to be. So, to sum up, I'm not free of biasing, but I can be almost impartial if I try (and I can be without making a real effort or using my patience up most of the times). But if everyone is nice, all of the members can enjoy my support, so I don't see a true problem here! Oh, another thing you may have realized: I get carried away while typing and put a lot of passion into it.

Now, a word of appreciation, it is rare to see a moderator's job awknowledged, and even noticed. I say that after being moderator and head administrator of different (way smaller) gaming communities and websites for 6 years now (I started young too, that's a thing) and it feels me with satisfaction to find members that take their time to write such a lengthy post filled with determination such well thought criticism just to let me know they are satisfied with the way in which I do my job. Like, seriously, it does motivate me a lot. Now, I am starting to feel glad I decided to open this thread to get to know the forumers a little bit more. Sincere tanks thanks to you for your helpful feedback, and make sure to spot any "misbehavior" I might have in the future to improve the way in which I do my volunteer job.

I would like to use some extra words to thanks all my moderator colleagues and all the people who do not contact the public but still do their job well for their valuable labor at keeping this community alive and free of trouble and for being so patient and nice to me. They do work very well too!

#52 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2888 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:17 AM

View PostPawHammer, on 18 November 2016 - 02:10 AM, said:

And to be fair, I have bad days, so expect rude pawing at some point in time.

If I am understanding the meaning correctly,
http://forum.cherryc...e/#entry2916721

Wouldn't rough pawing be better, rude pawing sounds almost scary

Posted Image

Edited by zuyi, 18 November 2016 - 04:18 AM.

#53 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1166 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:05 AM

View Postzuyi, on 18 November 2016 - 04:17 AM, said:

If I am understanding the meaning correctly,
http://forum.cherryc...e/#entry2916721

Wouldn't rough pawing be better, rude pawing sounds almost scary

Posted Image

It should be scary for those who manage to trigger it, so I guess it's fine. I can make it mean pawing instead, but nothing less.

#54 Malygris

Malygris

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12818 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Happiness is temporary, suffering is eternal!!!

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:40 PM

no question again, but here's my cat who looked as if i rudely interrupted him while he was reading the morning papers.
Posted Image

Edited by Malygris, 18 November 2016 - 07:40 PM.

#55 Raveyeon

Raveyeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 538 posts
  • clairestar
  • DN, Westwood
  • Valkryie

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:09 PM

im not receive email from cherry gardener today (oo;) (crazy)

#56 Mantou

Mantou

Super Ninja Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6190 posts
  • 馒头Clan

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:26 PM

hi pawty!

if a paw is soft, and a hammer is hard (in order to hammer stuff down), is pawhammer a soft or a hard paw?

#57 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1166 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:13 PM

View PostMalygris, on 18 November 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

no question again, but here's my cat who looked as if i rudely interrupted him while he was reading the morning papers.
Yeah, you must never interrupt a cat when they are reading the newspawper. It's plain rude, and stops them from gathering the information they need to take over the world.

View PostRaveyeon, on 18 November 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

im not receive email from cherry gardener today (oo;) (crazy)
Hey there, you may want to wait for a little bit longer! Usually, the messenger takes up to two working days, but sometimes they have a lot of work, and it can be delayed.

View PostMantou, on 18 November 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

hi pawty!

if a paw is soft, and a hammer is hard (in order to hammer stuff down), is pawhammer a soft or a hard paw?

Alright, let me go through this in a simple way. I can be both soft and steel-hard. It purely depends on what I am doing. For instance, if I find a post of a forum member asking for help, or when someone is being ignored, I try comfort the person and give a reply for them. But if I find a post where there's several people ganging on one member, someone who is not behaving in a civilized way... then is when the paw becomes serious and fights to stop evil from happening!

#58 BlackShower

BlackShower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1978 posts
  • Deep Slumber

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:13 PM

I've been wondering, if I report someone whose Trash Talking me, let's say I have concrete evidence to report him, will he get banned for even 1 day or 1 week?

I'm kinda in the mood in ruining people's day recently

I mean, how convenient it is to mess with them without even saying any single word and make them say "the paw is happening with my account?!"

I feel really excited

#59 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1166 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:31 AM

View PostBlackShower, on 19 November 2016 - 09:13 PM, said:

I've been wondering, if I report someone whose Trash Talking me, let's say I have concrete evidence to report him, will he get banned for even 1 day or 1 week?

I'm kinda in the mood in ruining people's day recently

I mean, how convenient it is to mess with them without even saying any single word and make them say "the paw is happening with my account?!"

I feel really excited

Although I do not at all approve the thirst for revenge, if the rules say something is illegal and a player is reported for doing that, a punishment may be applied on him/her. However, that decision will go on the hands of the administrators, and depending on the ammount of evidence provided, it may be considered not enough. I clearly remember that we got someone formally warned for his language in the game towards other people (and he got so scared he never sweared again), but I'm not too sure about your case, so everything could happen.

Have a nice day!

#60 BlackShower

BlackShower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1978 posts
  • Deep Slumber

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:25 AM

View PostPawHammer, on 20 November 2016 - 01:31 AM, said:

Although I do not at all approve the thirst for revenge, if the rules say something is illegal and a player is reported for doing that, a punishment may be applied on him/her. However, that decision will go on the hands of the administrators, and depending on the ammount of evidence provided, it may be considered not enough. I clearly remember that we got someone formally warned for his language in the game towards other people (and he got so scared he never sweared again), but I'm not too sure about your case, so everything could happen.

Have a nice day!
oh I see, I never actually care about this kind of thing to be honest, I'm just somewhat feel bored

teehee~

and also, who know there might start a rumor "dont TT in this server, they ban you" and peace were made

not a bad deal at all dont you think so?