Oh My Poopy ( Artillery Guide By Poopfairy)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 winterhooi

winterhooi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • FellowFromBW
  • DN, Deadwood

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:53 AM

Some of my POV on arti.

Longbow or crossbow?
Since level 90 weapon have all the SAME stat regardless of types, it is better to use a longbow than a crossbow. Tracking arrow shoots further with a longbow, and it is really useful sometimes. However, lazy peeps like me use a crossbow just so that I could share my weapon with my SH...

Skill plates?
Personally, I used Revolution ballista CD, Magical breeze FD, Swift shot Damage, Rapid shot Damage.
You might ask why do I choose RB CD instead of Damage, I will tell you due to diminishing return from full FD.
I didn't bother with scope arrow since I only use it to setup my swift shot core.
Rapid shot turns out to be in top 5 DPS in IDN runs ( overtaking detonating arrow and awaken swift shot ) so I decided to give it a chance by swapping out my detonating arrow plates.

Posted Image
Then I tried it in golem battleground. I am confident to say that I kept every skill on CD as much as possible while maintaining optimum bubble counts for cannonade ins.
turned out to be pretty reliable, might even get a skill up plate for it?

PS: In IDN norm top 5 damaging skill being
1. Fatal cannonade
2. cannonade
3. revolution ballista
4. rapid shot
5. awaken swift shot

It might be my problem that magic arrow didn't appear in top 5 DPS, I use them immediately when the golden bubble reach 20 yet it is still out of the league.

Escapes?
Arti escape skills revolve around fake shot, triangle shot, aerial chain shot, and the recent harpoon that comes out of nowhere, Having fake shot and triangle shot gives me good mobility when it comes to emergency escape, so I took 1 level for each.
The problem here is I do not have enough skill point for both aerial chain shot and harpoon if I were to take in all my damaging skills. So I gave up my aerial chain shots.

I quite like how harpoon works, but you need to be aware since you can't use harpoon directly after triangle shot, unlike aerial chain shot. You HAVE TO jump normally to use an aerial harpoon. Plus the AOE damage is really decent for daily quests (especially when you get raging buffs and you throw your awaken harpoon everywhere), and it is pretty annoying in PVP as well.

I've also attached a full PVE skill build for my arti AFTER the wise of owl fix, to share with TS and getting some feedbacks from anyone who reads this.

Posted Image

AND YES, CANNONADE BUG IS FREAKING ANNOYING.

Youtube Link to PKN abyss mode as promised.

Edited by winterhooi, 14 January 2017 - 10:20 PM.

#22 winterhooi

winterhooi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • FellowFromBW
  • DN, Deadwood

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:14 AM

zuyi, on 26 November 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

Oh I forgot TA has to be maxed for that. I'd drop Rapid Shot over TA personally because it doesn't do a lot of damage regardless of what people often debate, for me at least.

Could you check if that is still true? My rapid shot damage seems promising. Check post above.

#23 Kacin

Kacin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • PoopFairy
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

winterhooi, on 11 January 2017 - 05:14 AM, said:

Could you check if that is still true? My rapid shot damage seems promising. Check post above.

Posted Image

sadly is yes, u need max TA and RB to have awakened RB... oh well

ill mark ur POV and put it on first page, more POV more opinion so we can disscuss each others

many thx (:])

about cannonade things, i already give the info to DN QA but not sea QA , and he just ask me back, how to trigger cannonade low damage... at that points, ok it wont work, rest in pieces my cannonade, but can you make video about cannonade bug and extension core bug ( sometimes it hit sometimes it not) currently ill collecting the video, then i will put it in bug report, so they will aware of it (tense)

#24 winterhooi

winterhooi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • FellowFromBW
  • DN, Deadwood

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:45 PM

Kacin, on 11 January 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

Posted Image

sadly is yes, u need max TA and RB to have awakened RB... oh well

ill mark ur POV and put it on first page, more POV more opinion so we can disscuss each others

many thx (:])

about cannonade things, i already give the info to DN QA but not sea QA , and he just ask me back, how to trigger cannonade low damage... at that points, ok it wont work, rest in pieces my cannonade, but can you make video about cannonade bug and extension core bug ( sometimes it hit sometimes it not) currently ill collecting the video, then i will put it in bug report, so they will aware of it (tense)

Sorry I should have clarified my questions. Zuyi was saying he/she will DROP rapid shot over TA. Am I being dumb here or the drop means give up.

#25 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:10 AM

Kacin, on 11 January 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

currently ill collecting the video, then i will put it in bug report, so they will aware of it (tense)

May i ask what skills that still doesnt have any video of the bug or should i just provide all of it (:>)

I've been playing artillery for years, never thought of changing it cuz i love arti's gameplay so much that im willing to use it even with all those bugs.  

If possible i would like to contribute in providing the video because im really looking forward towards the day that arti has no bugs at all to maximize my overall dmg capabilities..
.. and ofcoz, loving arti even more (;])

I've been playing artillery for years, never thought of changing it cuz i love arti's gameplay so much that im willing to use it even with all those bugs.

Edited by ArchKaoru, 12 January 2017 - 08:11 AM.

#26 Kacin

Kacin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • PoopFairy
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

ArchKaoru, on 12 January 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

May i ask what skills that still doesnt have any video of the bug or should i just provide all of it (:>)

If possible i would like to contribute in providing the video because im really looking forward towards the day that arti has no bugs at all to maximize my overall dmg capabilities..
.. and ofcoz, loving arti even more (;])

oh well hello there, so most annoying of artillery bug is , at some point u deal low damage of cannonade. idk wether you ever notice it or not, sometimes u deal 15m damage, sometimes u  deal 1m damage , cool right ?

and the other one is swift shot range version, when you press "s" + swiftshot hotkey, it make a dome, that dome, sometimes hit enemy sometimes it isnt....

currently that 2 bug annoy me personally at the most, but when QA test it, he/she said. how to trigger low damage cannonade.. i cri (sob)

so if you can just provide me the link, ill compile it at once and put it in forum of course, source and credit to you also :)

#27 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

Kacin, on 12 January 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

oh well hello there, so most annoying of artillery bug is , at some point u deal low damage of cannonade. idk wether you ever notice it or not, sometimes u deal 15m damage, sometimes u  deal 1m damage , cool right ?

and the other one is swift shot range version, when you press "s" + swiftshot hotkey, it make a dome, that dome, sometimes hit enemy sometimes it isnt....

currently that 2 bug annoy me personally at the most, but when QA test it, he/she said. how to trigger low damage cannonade.. i cri (sob)

so if you can just provide me the link, ill compile it at once and put it in forum of course, source and credit to you also :)

I do realize all those bugs. and yea, i find it so annoying. especially when u r w/ sylphs aid buff and fatal cannonade hits 1-2m per hit losing your chance to deal the most highest dps of arti  (T.T) i will try my best to record some videos showing the bugs and will give the link to u later. (;])
(will provide as many as possible in the video just to prove to them that it happens alot (mad) )

#28 Kacin

Kacin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • PoopFairy
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

ArchKaoru, on 12 January 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

I do realize all those bugs. and yea, i find it so annoying. especially when u r w/ sylphs aid buff and fatal cannonade hits 1-2m per hit losing your chance to deal the most highest dps of arti  (T.T) i will try my best to record some videos showing the bugs and will give the link to u later. (;])
(will provide as many as possible in the video just to prove to them that it happens alot (mad) )

thanks for your help :) i very appreciate it, :D
btw if you want to add some point of view from ur side about this classes you can post it in here, later i will link it at first page :D

#29 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

Kacin, on 12 January 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

thanks for your help :) i very appreciate it, :D
btw if you want to add some point of view from ur side about this classes you can post it in here, later i will link it at first page :D

Well, ofcoz, cuz i want my main char's bug to be fixed (:D) i've already done some recording and will do some editing tonight, maybe by tomorrow i will be able to provide the link (;])

Sure i would love to add my own's pov regarding arti. I will add it later on.

#30 wwwgoi

wwwgoi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • FrigidRain
  • DN, Springwood
  • Artalya

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:17 PM

here's some basic gameplay videos of arti,
so people can know what the gameplay is actually like.

Arti is more of a constant dps kind of class, instead of the usual bursty kind.
Perks are that your skills are mostly fast casting (apart from deto), so you get a lot of mobility while raining down skills.

Personally picked arti over sniper in the end because of the less repetitive gameplay, and the fact that you move around more and dodge easier.

recorded months ago lel.

even have one of before cannonade was sped up. HAHAHA.

Edited by wwwgoi, 12 January 2017 - 08:18 PM.

#31 winterhooi

winterhooi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • FellowFromBW
  • DN, Deadwood

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:42 PM

wwwgoi, on 12 January 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

here's some basic gameplay videos of arti,
so people can know what the gameplay is actually like.

Arti is more of a constant dps kind of class, instead of the usual bursty kind.
Perks are that your skills are mostly fast casting (apart from deto), so you get a lot of mobility while raining down skills.

Personally picked arti over sniper in the end because of the less repetitive gameplay, and the fact that you move around more and dodge easier.

recorded months ago lel.

even have one of before cannonade was sped up. HAHAHA.

oh that mod is tempting, I'm using another Japanese voice over mod but I think yours sounded better. Maybe I should record one nest run as well and lets compare the mods

#32 backtrack

backtrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Astelie
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:06 AM

winterhooi, on 12 January 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

oh that mod is tempting, I'm using another Japanese voice over mod but I think yours sounded better. Maybe I should record one nest run as well and lets compare the mods

If someone reports him... (tense)

Kacin, on 12 January 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

I rarely experience the bugs, a better graphics card would solve the problem. I doubt they would ever do anything to fix this, they did increase cast speed of cannonade so the bug happens less often, too many skill at 1 time triggers it

#33 winterhooi

winterhooi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • FellowFromBW
  • DN, Deadwood

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:42 AM

backtrack, on 13 January 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

technically, using a mod shouldn't get you banned since you are not affecting how the company works, not messing with the game system, doesn't affect other player's gaming experiences, and doesn't give you any benefit other than visual satisfactory over the other people.

unless some other people gets too salty because they want it but didn't have it and reported saying that spoils the game, then nothing can be done.

Edited by winterhooi, 13 January 2017 - 01:51 AM.

#34 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:34 AM

I rarely experience the bugs, a better graphics card would solve the problem. I doubt they would ever do anything to fix this, they did increase cast speed of cannonade so the bug happens less often, too many skill at 1 time triggers it

I admit that i have little knowledge of graphic card whatsoever but i am pretty sure it has nothing to do with the cannonade damage reduced by almost 90%. if u r saying it causes the other bug =no dmg then im not sure about that. (oo)
moreover, i've been doing solo runs for many times and i even did 1 by 1 skill casting to record the bug and it still triggers both of the bug.

Just to be sure, later on i will do a test run using my brother's laptop which were able to run the game at full high graphic with no lag, if it still triggers then i dont think your theory works. (:>) It would definitely sucks if one has to use a really good pc/laptop in order to play arti without bug (sob)

#35 wwwgoi

wwwgoi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • FrigidRain
  • DN, Springwood
  • Artalya

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

winterhooi, on 13 January 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

technically, using a mod shouldn't get you banned since you are not affecting how the company works, not messing with the game system, doesn't affect other player's gaming experiences, and doesn't give you any benefit other than visual satisfactory over the other people.

unless some other people gets too salty because they want it but didn't have it and reported saying that spoils the game, then nothing can be done.

it is still illegal tho.... so.. we'd better not discuss this.

think the most recent patch in kdn addressed the bug

"Warden
Cannonade
*Developer comment
- Cannonade skill designation is changed&revamped. After several test on skill, we have not found
any target problem. We would like to sincerely apologize to the users who are used to keyboard command
for any confusion."

hopefully it fixes things.

sauce : https://medium.com/@...44ec#.9d33571b3

Edited by wwwgoi, 13 January 2017 - 03:01 PM.

#36 winterhooi

winterhooi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • FellowFromBW
  • DN, Deadwood

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

wwwgoi, on 13 January 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

"Warden
Cannonade
*Developer comment
- Cannonade skill designation is changed&revamped. After several test on skill, we have not found
any target problem. We would like to sincerely apologize to the users who are used to keyboard command
for any confusion."

I'm thinking here, what they are fixing is the snap back issue after we try to adjust cannonade distance with keyboard. not the zero damage bugs, I still looking in CDN forum on daily basis on the update of low/zero damage bug issue of cannonade.

#37 Kacin

Kacin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • PoopFairy
  • DN, Springwood
  • Perfect

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

winterhooi, on 13 January 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

I'm thinking here, what they are fixing is the snap back issue after we try to adjust cannonade distance with keyboard. not the zero damage bugs, I still looking in CDN forum on daily basis on the update of low/zero damage bug issue of cannonade.

"Warden
Cannonade
*Developer comment
for any confusion."

oh god, so many responses im happy and willing to die now, rest in pieces poopy...

oh btw, for that bug, idk wether its true or not, probably it is because graphic card ( DN more update = rip ur graphic card) since QA pc can do normal damage cannonade, but yah. its same like windshaft sniper, that somehow get bugged when fps drop ( idk wether developer can fix about fps drop or not)..

oh boi oh boi oh boi.. thanks for ur responses.. ill put ur vid link to first page so they can look at first page directly, and also credit to you guys :)

#38 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

Here is my opinion of the bug.

http://forum.cherryc...artillerys-bug/

I hope this helps.

I cant access the site. not sure why (tense)  but thanks for the info tho, i hope it will get fixed here too.

#39 ArchKaoru

ArchKaoru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Aestrie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Velvet

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:36 PM

I would like to add my POV but it seems that most of the thing that i wanted to say has already been mentioned throughout this entire post (:D) so i ll just keep checking if there's anything new from other forum-ers.

Question tho, do u guys think having fake shot + cycloon harpoon are enough airtime in dodging stomps etc,
because it seems that harpoon's cd in PVE is fast enough to cast it repeatedly even with the many boss skills that require jump to dodge in nest especially raid.

#40 wwwgoi

wwwgoi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • FrigidRain
  • DN, Springwood
  • Artalya

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:59 AM

Kacin, on 13 January 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

oh god, so many responses im happy and willing to die now, rest in pieces poopy...

oh btw, for that bug, idk wether its true or not, probably it is because graphic card ( DN more update = rip ur graphic card) since QA pc can do normal damage cannonade, but yah. its same like windshaft sniper, that somehow get bugged when fps drop ( idk wether developer can fix about fps drop or not)..

oh boi oh boi oh boi.. thanks for ur responses.. ill put ur vid link to first page so they can look at first page directly, and also credit to you guys :)

Yes i agree graphic card plays a huge part, but using my friend's gaming rig the bug still occurs,

other underlying factors that trigger the bug would include having too many things on the field as well, as mentioned above.

ArchKaoru, on 13 January 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

I would like to add my POV but it seems that most of the thing that i wanted to say has already been mentioned throughout this entire post anything=

personally i took 1cs and 1acs too, simply because i use cyclone as a filler skill during dps periods. having acs is like a second buffer should i have cyclone in cd.