• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • MikaListe
  • DN, Springwood
  • Salvatore

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:41 AM

View PostShineFactor, on 15 February 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

If you have some issues as ruina, your dmg and dps should be way higher as defensio since like I already said, fensio is way easier than ruina to play, basics are already here since you play ruina also, looking forward to it, let us know your numbers asap and feel free to ask anything if you need some rotations tips :)

no no dont get me wrong. i love playing ruina. what i meant is instead of letting the free JC scroll rot, why not try to compare ruina and defensio with same gears. now that gachalicious is back my 2nd defensio will be ready after the reward release. :D

anyway i JC my ruina already (will JC back to ruina once the gachalicious reward released). here some SS at BTG i did earlier, still trying to perfecting my rotation. i tried runinng GN HC also, manage to clear around 14min+-. video will come soon after reset when i have the time to record solo run again.

188m.
Posted Image

50bil challenge for fun (messed up alot, and for some reason when i try to chain gear step to duck it didnt connect)
Posted Image

Edited by MrKiddy, 18 February 2017 - 06:43 AM.

#182 IceMichiho

IceMichiho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • IceMichiho
  • DN, Springwood
  • Seaofflame

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:23 AM

Posted Image

Thank you everybody. I finally know how to keep my overboost going.
This is SummerMich saying thank you from Golem place. wee~~
Cya !!!! (clap) (hat)

Edited by IceMichiho, 18 February 2017 - 08:24 AM.

#183 Blu

Blu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Reole
  • DN, Holywood
  • RyuuKishiHonbu

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:43 AM

View PostMrKiddy, on 18 February 2017 - 06:41 AM, said:

Spoiler

That dps tho... Did it actually increase compared to ruina? If so then it's really surprising that defensio could beat ruina's dps even in BTG... I might also consider to JC into defensio if thats the case (:>)

#184 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:10 AM

View PostBlu, on 19 February 2017 - 02:43 AM, said:

That dps tho... Did it actually increase compared to ruina? If so then it's really surprising that defensio could beat ruina's dps even in BTG... I might also consider to JC into defensio if thats the case (:>)

Just pick the one which fits the most your playstyle, in my case, knowing both ruina and defensio, ruina still has the upper hand in btg and nest overall, I also changed my ruina to defensio for a while and made some tests, ruina can definitely not outdps defensio if the pilot isn't agressive enough or misses a lot of opportunity to properly make use of cd reduction, this is what makes the difference now between the 2 of them, with defensio truly being a dps now, the difference lies in the agressivity, which is why defensio takes less effort and is easier to play in general compared to ruina.

But if you want an idea, my ruina, 345k patk 70% light did ~130-135m dps in btg and ~120m dps as defensio.

@MrKiddy
I think I saw your defensio vids, very impressive with that gear! Only thing I have to let you know is that you should definitely use the double tb trigger explosion more often as I barely saw you using it.
Your dmg and overall dps would greatly benefit from it, don't let the marks explode on their own it's really like halving your burst potential.

Edited by ShineFactor, 19 February 2017 - 04:15 AM.

#185 Blu

Blu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Reole
  • DN, Holywood
  • RyuuKishiHonbu

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

View PostShineFactor, on 19 February 2017 - 04:10 AM, said:

Just pick the one which fits the most your playstyle, in my case, knowing both ruina and defensio, ruina still has the upper hand in btg and nest overall, I also changed my ruina to defensio for a while and made some tests, ruina can definitely not outdps defensio if the pilot isn't agressive enough or misses a lot of opportunity to properly make use of cd reduction, this is what makes the difference now between the 2 of them, with defensio truly being a dps now, the difference lies in the agressivity, which is why defensio takes less effort and is easier to play in general compared to ruina.

But if you want an idea, my ruina, 345k patk 70% light did ~130-135m dps in btg and ~120m dps as defensio.

@MrKiddy
I think I saw your defensio vids, very impressive with that gear! Only thing I have to let you know is that you should definitely use the double tb trigger explosion more often as I barely saw you using it.
Your dmg and overall dps would greatly benefit from it, don't let the marks explode on their own it's really like halving your burst potential.

Thanks! Guess I'll try it out for myself then. I feel like a lot of my ruina's dps potential is wasted in nests (missing overcharge hits/unoptimal rotation etc...), will give defensio a try and see how it goes.

#186 MrKiddy

MrKiddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • MikaListe
  • DN, Springwood
  • Salvatore

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

View PostShineFactor, on 19 February 2017 - 04:10 AM, said:

@MrKiddy

haha thanks! i recorded the video before i know about the double trigger TB. im going to record another 1 soon when i got the time. next target 10min run!

check out my defensio solo granom nest hardcore here:
https://www.youtube...._8hId7CGXI&t=1s

do subscribe to my channel for more defensio/ruina update! :D

anyway a little bit of update on my defensio, after i tried the trick my dps rose up to 210m in BTG!
Posted Image

got a chance to try defensio on idn:

this is normal run idn. i did almost the same dps as the fully geared crusader, my dps at s1 was 200m+ (note that we killed the dragon twice)
end dps 114m+ and 143b dmg deal
Posted Image

hardcore run was abit off, due to delay im facing. had to hold back abit but still doing quite good. compared to ruina, if you delay/lag rip dps :(
124b+ dmg deal and 74m+ dps (we didnt kill dragon at p1)
Posted Image

#187 Jakielyn

Jakielyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:11 PM

I like how Defensio can easily block things, recharge bubbles during mechanic via Air Shove or simply Rock Away + Duck depending on the situation, remove debuffs, and being a dps as well.
As Ruina is on constant danger, can't block things immediately, small/thin targets slips through Overcharge and YOLO your way face-to-face with the boss.

CD reduction restriction from just OH, KB, FlyKK, and F U/T but KB EXi not included.
While Defensio happily reduces everything.
How I wish it reduces everything as well.
Spoiler

Invincible Repair when timed correctly on a failed mechanic then there's BTW if you missed.
4x TB nuke with TB CD reduction plate.

#188 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:30 AM

Been thinking about it a lot lately, and tbh, I miss pre revamp defensio more than I thought, yah, her dmg is great but that turned her into a faceroll nuking machine, pretty much doing the same combo over and over... I'd rather want them to nerf tb so they could bring back gear step cd reduction without her to be completly broken and make other skills relevant, because literally every skill is a filler there to keep you damaging while repair/tb is recovering, now you simply spam your skills and often end up without SA buff because the tb setup itself if used with normal attack takes enough time for the buff to run out...

As for ruina, I definitely think she could use a boost, make her ex relevant dmg wise so overcharge isn't her only dps source or maybe increase board dmg, do like awakening passives and update the tooltip according to ex so the new board dmg is stated and actually included in inheritance calculation,if we ever see machina awakening one day, this is prolly what's gonna happen.

For now we can only wait for april and the 'big balance wave' to come and pray, I love both the nekos but one is clearly not rewarded enough for her intense and offensive playstyle and the other one is simply about one single button... Hopefully we don't have to wait for 2k18 to see these flaws fade away...

Tsundere cat is luv, tsundere cat is life

#189 ChaoteZeus

ChaoteZeus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts
  • RubberZeus
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:14 AM

IDk if it's just me but I experienced mega delayed detonation of taunting blow in PVP - ladder.

Got hit... then I rannn and she was flying by towards me (didnt hit me) and I exploded with taunting blow animation.

But that only happened once.

#190 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1126 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

View PostChaoteZeus, on 10 March 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

IDk if it's just me but I experienced mega delayed detonation of taunting blow in PVP - ladder.

Got hit... then I rannn and she was flying by towards me (didnt hit me) and I exploded with taunting blow animation.

But that only happened once.
Taunting blow explodes automatically after 15 seconds if the user did not manually detonate it, that's why it exploded with "delay" on that fight you are mentioning.

#191 MrKiddy

MrKiddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • MikaListe
  • DN, Springwood
  • Salvatore

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

alright i recorded a few more videos since my last post. do check them out!

speed run abyss with 2 equally-ish geared char, me and the ML. other members are using their subs:
https://www.youtube....h?v=OxgbLfdeOao

also i challenge myself to solo practice s1 idn:
https://www.youtube....yGNWi09I&t=125s

i Job change my 2nd defensio to ruina now to test the class again. this week run was quite messy. i will record more vids in the future for ruina after i practice a lil bit more:
https://www.youtube....h?v=fK4IuxEM8CI

do check out my other vids for more ruina/defensio vids!
on a side note, when rune dragon come out i will probably do live stream with defensio/ruina pov

Edited by MrKiddy, 23 March 2017 - 09:48 AM.

#192 Jakielyn

Jakielyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:57 AM

Bug Fix
  • Machina Beyond the Wall weapon engraving issue

Posted Image

#193 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1126 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:00 AM

View PostJakielyn, on 28 March 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]

Posted Image
Oh, well, this is great news. Although I am going to miss the piercing pain jade effect a lot...

#194 DracoFalco

DracoFalco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

It's not much but, here's my Ruina in Distorted Zone :)
https://www.youtube....h?v=y5kOhVJWQ7w

#195 Jakielyn

Jakielyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:27 PM

View PostPawHammer, on 29 March 2017 - 03:00 AM, said:

Oh, well, this is great news. Although I am going to miss the piercing pain jade effect a lot...
Still working on your team mates though.
Most of the time it's on me now it goes to the random pt member.

#196 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1126 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

View PostJakielyn, on 29 March 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

Still working on your team mates though.
Most of the time it's on me now it goes to the random pt member.
Oh, so the bug is not fixed? That's sad to hear, I thought I would finally be able to use those engravings.