Jump to content


Machina Skill Balancing News


  • Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#41 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:06 PM

View PostAegister2, on 09 December 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

They're not gonna remove the 90% cd reduction to gear steps in overboost right? That's the one thing I fear for this patch. Ruina here. I'd be fine with the 50% fd from class mastery being a 50% boost of the FD we have from gear, but please, oh please, I hope they don't remove the gear step dance

Don't worry, 90% cd reduction for gear step has nothing to do with overboost, this one is related to duck, overboost is only making duck's cd 0sec, and the way overboost (along with red gear step) works will allow you to keep the buff all day as long as you keep gathering steams, this means including more GS in your rotations, for instance optimal debuff rotation post revamp would be :
foot stomp (or any skill leading to duck for manual gs to save red gear step) left click spacebar left click right click, this way you generate 6 steams (if I rmb well, on top of x2 steams from gear step use, hitting will create 1 additional steams)

Edited by ShineFactor, 09 December 2016 - 09:16 PM.


#42 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • ColosseumKnight

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:45 PM

Unrelated to the topic but the +1 effect for Duck is in a form of a Cash Plate right? Is it available all year round and can we buy it directly from Cash Shop or is it RNG-based?

#43 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

    Extraordinary Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11225 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:30 PM

View PostXxXh0lic, on 09 December 2016 - 09:45 PM, said:

Unrelated to the topic but the +1 effect for Duck is in a form of a Cash Plate right? Is it available all year round and can we buy it directly from Cash Shop or is it RNG-based?

Available all year round yes, can buy directly yes.

The only caveat is that it's not permanent, IIRC it only lasts for 30d before you'll have to buy another one.

#44 Ciorra

Ciorra

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Ciorra
  • DN, Westwood
  • Amity

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:50 AM

Nvm

Edited by Ciorra, 10 December 2016 - 12:58 AM.


#45 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostPawHammer, on 08 December 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

Okay so:

Patrona:

"If you use gear step, you get a long iframe afterwards", the enhanced gear steps don't apply this benefit.


I'm rather confused about this one, after seeing vids of both defensio and ruina, didn't see any sign of iframe aside duck

#46 PawHammer

PawHammer

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 1021 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:51 PM

View PostShineFactor, on 10 December 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

I'm rather confused about this one, after seeing vids of both defensio and ruina, didn't see any sign of iframe aside duck
I spoke with the translator, and apparently she mistranslated iframe for super armor. So it is actually super armor. I was like "Wtf, iframe?".

#47 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

So they moved cm1 SA to gear step themselves, ic, ty

#48 SayangMama

SayangMama

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Temmie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Lewdity

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

http://youtu.be/IeXr4KPkk7M?t=285

the first 20 bubble will be hard to gather (sorry)
i wonder if overcharge still need overboost buff #iwanttobelieve

edit: how to post vids, it's [media] xxx [/ media], right?

Edited by SayangMama, 10 December 2016 - 05:35 PM.


#49 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:13 PM

View PostSayangMama, on 10 December 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

http://youtu.be/IeXr4KPkk7M?t=285

the first 20 bubble will be hard to gather (sorry)
i wonder if overcharge still need overboost buff #iwanttobelieve

edit: how to post vids, it's [media] xxx [/ media], right?

..Not gonna be hard at all, just that the guy in the vid doesn't know overboost doesnt require steams anymore, steams are only used to get red gear step allowing to refresh overboost's duration

#50 Jakielyn

Jakielyn

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:21 PM

View PostSayangMama, on 10 December 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

http://youtu.be/IeXr4KPkk7M?t=285

the first 20 bubble will be hard to gather (sorry)
i wonder if overcharge still need overboost buff #iwanttobelieve
Time Stamps doesn't work.


#51 Ciorra

Ciorra

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Ciorra
  • DN, Westwood
  • Amity

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

View PostSayangMama, on 10 December 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

http://youtu.be/IeXr4KPkk7M?t=285

the first 20 bubble will be hard to gather (sorry)
i wonder if overcharge still need overboost buff #iwanttobelieve

edit: how to post vids, it's [media] xxx [/ media], right?
So we still need Overboost for 0s cd of Duck
And we can't reserve enhanced gearstep to refresh duration of Overboost when we want because it will disappear all 3 of them upon used 1
And we don't know if OC still need Overboost to ignore charging time or not

#52 Ciorra

Ciorra

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Ciorra
  • DN, Westwood
  • Amity

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:39 PM

I wonder if those skill changes is for prepare for Machina 's awakening
- May: Awakening of Warrior, Sorc and Archer
- June: NM 93, Battle training ground
- July: Prof K nest
- Aug: Awakening of Academic and Cleric
- Sept: Spin-off class for Cleric: Arch Heretic
- Oct: Granome nest
- Nov: Awakening of Kali
- Dec: Spin-off class for Sorc: Black Mara
- Jan 2017: Another new update
- Feb 2017: Awakening of Machina, Lancea and Assassin?

#53 Ciorra

Ciorra

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Ciorra
  • DN, Westwood
  • Amity

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

https://youtu.be/f4JU66QbO6Y?t=171
Unleash the powahhhh!!

"The pain of being ignored
The pain of being bullied
The pain of not having a place to return to
When you walk your path alone
When no one cares about you.."


OMG this is so fit (love)

#54 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

View PostCiorra, on 10 December 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:


So we still need Overboost for 0s cd of Duck
And we can't reserve enhanced gearstep to refresh duration of Overboost when we want because it will disappear all 3 of them upon used 1
And we don't know if OC still need Overboost to ignore charging time or not

Does it matter ? If duck reduction still applies with overboost, then oc's charging time is probably included as well...
I don't  even see what's wrong with not being able to save the red gear step tbh, especially when max steam is now 20 instead of 30, on top of the 3 total steams when you hit, in the worst scenario where you get debuffed and dont have enough steams to refresh agn assuming overboost is still on cd, you would probably still have at least ~10 steams and doing all 3 gear step then duck would be enough to refresh. This is still WAY better than being completly helpless when you potentially had to wait overclocking to be off cd
And apparently there is a skill plate for overboost now, meaning cd reduction

Wouldn't bet on machina + lencea awakening on feb, sin is stated for early 2017, with only a few datamined strings lately I highly doubt (even if it could be possible) that he's coming on january, as for machina and lencea, releasing their awakening together would indeed make sense as their awakenings represent as much work as the whole sin or kali awakening, but honestly I think we won't see machina awakening before may-june in kdn :(

Edited by ShineFactor, 10 December 2016 - 07:28 PM.


#55 Ciorra

Ciorra

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Ciorra
  • DN, Westwood
  • Amity

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:29 PM

View PostShineFactor, on 10 December 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

Does it matter ? If duck reduction still applies with overboost, then oc's charging time is probably included as well...
I don't  even see what's wrong with not being able to save the red gear step tbh, especially when max steam is now 20 instead of 30, on top of the 3 total steams when you hit, in the worst scenario where you get debuffed and dont have enough steams to refresh agn assuming overboost is still on cd, you would probably still have at least ~10 steams and doing all 3 gear step then duck would be enough to refresh. This is still WAY better than being completly helpless when you potentially had to wait overclocking to be off cd
And apparently there is a skill plate for overboost now, meaning cd reduction
I just want to know if the new Machina still rely on Overboost or not. Unlike other class, w/o their buffs they still can do damage, Machina is too rely on Overboost from the beginning. It 's not just the FD buff, it 's tons of effect all-in-one skill. If there is any chance that this new skill changes can make Machina easier to play then it 's a good new. If Duck 's 0s cd and OC 's ignore charging time can work w/o Overboost, then we can still play while waiting for Steam nor Overboost off cd, which mean more mobile rotation and easier to play in any situation. But seems like it won't happen.

Edited by Ciorra, 10 December 2016 - 07:30 PM.


#56 ShineFactor

ShineFactor

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:42 PM

Wtf in the vid, just look at how kidney blow's cd is reset by doing nothing, around 7:10 (lol)

#57 SayangMama

SayangMama

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Temmie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Lewdity

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostShineFactor, on 10 December 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

..Not gonna be hard at all, just that the guy in the vid doesn't know overboost doesnt require steams anymore, steams are only used to get red gear step allowing to refresh overboost's duration

Posted Image

View PostCiorra, on 10 December 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

I wonder if those skill changes is for prepare for Machina 's awakening
- May: Awakening of Warrior, Sorc and Archer
- June: NM 93, Battle training ground
- July: Prof K nest
- Aug: Awakening of Academic and Cleric
- Sept: Spin-off class for Cleric: Arch Heretic
- Oct: Granome nest
- Nov: Awakening of Kali
- Dec: Spin-off class for Sorc: Black Mara
- Jan 2017: Another new update
- Feb 2017: Awakening of Machina, Lancea and Assassin?

i think machina awakening will arrive around 93 raid or early next cap, it's way too early for lancea and machina at feb 2017 and i doubt it lancea and machina will get their awakening at the same time

View PostShineFactor, on 10 December 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

Wtf in the vid, just look at how kidney blow's cd is reset by doing nothing, around 7:10 (lol)

cuz maybe it's a new feature at training ground after you idle for some time the cd will reset? like his HP fully recovered when he tried to demonstrate the new overclocking, i'm not sure tho (sorry)

#58 Vaporizer

Vaporizer

    Extraordinary Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11225 posts
  • Valsecca
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Lone wolf.

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:39 AM

View PostSayangMama, on 10 December 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

cuz maybe it's a new feature at training ground after you idle for some time the cd will reset? like his HP fully recovered when he tried to demonstrate the new overclocking, i'm not sure tho (sorry)

I doubt it, the blue areas provided in BTG already serve that kind of function.

#59 Aegister2

Aegister2

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Schwarze2
  • DN, Westwood
  • Syntopia

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:48 AM

Hold up, the vid was a little confusing, how will Ruina refresh overboost now? And for confirmation, overboost doesnt need steam directly now, but it is used for a skill to reset it's cooldown?

#60 Ciorra

Ciorra

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Ciorra
  • DN, Westwood
  • Amity

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:05 AM

View PostAegister2, on 12 December 2016 - 10:48 AM, said:

Hold up, the vid was a little confusing, how will Ruina refresh overboost now? And for confirmation, overboost doesnt need steam directly now, but it is used for a skill to reset it's cooldown?
Overboost doens't require Steam anymore, but it has 60s cooldown, buff duration last for 35s
Upon gained 20 Steam, Gearsteps become Enhanced Gearstep and can be cast once. Enhanced Gearsteps disappear upon casted
Enhanced Geasteps: consume all Steam, automatically refresh the duration of Overboost to 35s
Which mean, after the first time we use Overboost by press the skill button, in 35s we need to gather 20 Steam to re-apply the buff effect w/o stop to re-cast it