54 replies to this topic

#1 Limbo

Limbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:20 AM

this is the path of kali's i choose.
is it worth to play this hero in pvp pve?

#2 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:59 PM

Alright zuyi take it away

#3 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:22 AM

PVP: NO, pathetic dmg . You take 5000 years to kill 1 sorceress while they kill you in 3 skills :D

Edited by Handyyy, 18 December 2016 - 12:22 AM.

#4 XxXh0lic

XxXh0lic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1030 posts
  • OverNeko, Hikariful
  • DN, Westwood
  • Shanks

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:31 AM

View PostHandyyy, on 18 December 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

PVP: NO, pathetic dmg . You take 5000 years to kill 1 sorceress while they kill you in 3 skills :D

I agree with this so much. As much as she's a beast with all those lifts and SAB, the damage is incredibly low. You have to put in so much effort into your combos while other classes can easily outdamage you with only few skills being used.

#5 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:34 AM

No point having those lifts and sa break but you can combo them for 3mins and they dont even die . Just skip this Clss for pvp, i recommend soul eater if your gonna pvp.

#6 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2880 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:34 AM

lol. DS is all about combos. I'm no expert at PvP but I can kill anyone with equal to slightly better PvP skills than me when I use DS, regardless of class. In the right hands, DS is still decent for PvP. Though yea SE is probably better

If you like doing team games, it's a very devastating class. Even with all the awakenings, they can single-handedly turn the tide of the game. I go respawn once in a blue moon, and like I said I'm pretty meh at PvP, I still never get below 5 kills a game, usually 7~11 and more often than not end up on the winning side. That says enough for the class.

As far as PvE is concerned;

DS is one of the 3 most useless classes along with Abyss Walkers and Sting Breezers. Abyss Walkers are supposed to be a sub-dps with small heal but their DPS is crap and heal crappier. Sting Breezer....well lol. Dark Summoners are one of the only 2 classes that can still have a stacking elemental debuff along with SE (basically Screamers) BUT HEY GUESS WHAT, SE have higher DPS than DS because of a stupid damage transfer bug, they have the ability to debuff targets (very useful in IDN HC) which DS don't have, basically making them better than DS.
(not including Elestra for stacking debuff because I'm referring to Element debuff, Ice stacking is a different debuff)

So if you're planning to deal significant damage with a DS, forget it.

If you want to have fun with a class that's cool, though, by all means go ahead. DS is the first class I ever made and still my favourite and I really enjoy the gameplay, fits me better than any other class, and I've played a lot of classes. If you have it in you to gear up the char while not giving a fuk about what others say, and have the will to enjoy a low damage class just for the fun of gameplay then by all means go along and make one.

Edit - above post was written while I was typing, so made a change for it.

Edited by zuyi, 18 December 2016 - 12:37 AM.

#7 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:42 AM

View Postzuyi, on 18 December 2016 - 12:34 AM, said:

lol. DS is all about combos. I'm no expert at PvP but I can kill anyone with equal to slightly better PvP skills than me when I use DS, regardless of class. In the right hands, DS is still decent for PvP. Though yea SE is probably better

If you like doing team games, it's a very devastating class. Even with all the awakenings, they can single-handedly turn the tide of the game. I go respawn once in a blue moon, and like I said I'm pretty meh at PvP, I still never get below 5 kills a game, usually 7~11 and more often than not end up on the winning side. That says enough for the class.
Nope. Its 93cap , THRS NO POINT IN COMBO-ING when ppl simply kills you in 3skill . Sure relifts and lifts are great but NO DMG is the problem here. You can combo ppl for 2-3mins straight and they r still left wif 40%. Just go soul eater in pvp you'll enjoy it much more.

#8 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2880 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:03 AM

View PostHandyyy, on 18 December 2016 - 12:42 AM, said:

Nope. Its 93cap , THRS NO POINT IN COMBO-ING when ppl simply kills you in 3skill . Sure relifts and lifts are great but NO DMG is the problem here. You can combo ppl for 2-3mins straight and they r still left wif 40%. Just go soul eater in pvp you'll enjoy it much more.

Firstly I'll say this, with the way PvP is right now, if you take any PvP related posts (more like what I'm about to type below) seriously, you got issues.
  • If you can't win by combo'ing for 2-3 minutes, combo for 5 minutes. Git gud.

But yeah anyway, I don't really give 2 shts about PvP it is hopelessly unbalanced, anyone who asks about "should I make x y z class solely or PvP" shouldn't even bother with un-awakened classes, there are some that can still manage, but it's still one sided as fuk. Rather just give opinion on PvE, it's pretty pointless to talk about PvP.

#9 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:22 AM

View Postzuyi, on 18 December 2016 - 01:03 AM, said:

Firstly I'll say this, with the way PvP is right now, if you take any PvP related posts (more like what I'm about to type below) seriously, you got issues.
  • If you can't win by combo'ing for 2-3 minutes, combo for 5 minutes. Git gud.
But yeah anyway, I don't really give 2 shts about PvP it is hopelessly unbalanced, anyone who asks about "should I make x y z class solely or PvP" shouldn't even bother with un-awakened classes, there are some that can still manage, but it's still one sided as fuk. Rather just give opinion on PvE, it's pretty pointless to talk about PvP.
Come back when you Actually give a **** about pvp, so i can actually take you seriously on your pvp opinions.
lmao

#10 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2880 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:35 AM

View PostHandyyy, on 18 December 2016 - 01:22 AM, said:

Come back when you Actually give a **** about pvp, so i can actually take you seriously on your pvp opinions.
lmao

Kay since you wanna so lmao, answer a simple question for me -

How do you not win if you successfully combo'ed someone for 3 minutes in a 3 minute fight?

Also you need to calm your teets.

Edited by zuyi, 18 December 2016 - 01:35 AM.

#11 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:41 AM

View Postzuyi, on 18 December 2016 - 01:35 AM, said:

Kay since you wanna so lmao, answer a simple question for me -

How do you not win if you successfully combo'ed someone for 3 minutes in a 3 minute fight?

Also you need to calm your teets.
kof wise its 5min. And alrdy said ds does close to 0 dmg oh my..

#12 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2576 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:44 AM

Zuyi question is this: if you can combo nonstop for 3 mins in a 3 min match, how can you die? Note that he means the entire match.

Edit: combo assuming locking the opponent in positions that do not allow the opponent to counter and cast skills

Handy's statement is this: die to 3 skills if they get the chance

Edited by Xenocho, 18 December 2016 - 01:44 AM.

#13 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:44 AM

Also..

View PostXxXh0lic, on 18 December 2016 - 12:31 AM, said:

I agree with this so much. As much as she's a beast with all those lifts and SAB, the damage is incredibly low. You have to put in so much effort into your combos while other classes can easily outdamage you with only few skills being used.

#14 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2880 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:46 AM

View PostHandyyy, on 18 December 2016 - 01:41 AM, said:

kof wise its 5min. And alrdy said ds does close to 0 dmg oh my..

Look, try and understand what I'm saying here instead of getting stuck up over defending yourself over god knows what.

View PostXxXh0lic, on 18 December 2016 - 12:31 AM, said:

Do you understand what the difference between these two comments is, although they are similar in nature?

The first post says "oh no give up on this" while the second one says "they have their good points and they have their bad points. Other classes can easily rekt you but you have to put a lot of effort if you want to play this".

Your post is a plain give-up post while the other one assesses the class even though it is very concise. I didn't say DS is OP, I said it's decent in good hands. And it is.

edit -

I'll just add some burn since it doesn't feel right not to, and honestly if you are taking the burns seriously man you need to chill out, tfw you were given a disclaimer in the first response and still get your panties up in a bunch

If you gave up on a low damage class with good utility, doesn't that just mean you want ez op ggwp imba classes and can't do legit skillz?

Edited by zuyi, 18 December 2016 - 01:49 AM.

#15 Lavaora

Lavaora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:53 AM

TS asked if DS is worth to play for pvp. i dont see why according to you, the answer "depends" is allowed while "no" is not?? If you read properly Handy also never said that you can't WIN with DS. what he said is that DS takes too much effort while other classes can kill u within 3 skills. and it's true. O.o

#16 Lavaora

Lavaora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:55 AM

also, are you implying that players who use OP classes automatically means they have no skills? :D

#17 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:55 AM

View Postzuyi, on 18 December 2016 - 01:46 AM, said:

If you gave up on a low damage class with good utility, doesn't that just mean you want ez op ggwp imba classes and can't do legit skillz?
ez op? SE is much harder than ds lmao. And i said if your going DS you'll have a btr time in SE . Also i did say their relifts and sa break are good lol

#18 zuyi

zuyi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2880 posts
  • zuyi
  • Hermit's Village

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:57 AM

View PostLavaora, on 18 December 2016 - 01:53 AM, said:

TS asked if DS is worth to play for pvp. i dont see why according to you, the answer "depends" is allowed while "no" is not?? If you read properly Handy also never said that you can't WIN with DS. what he said is that DS takes too much effort while other classes can kill u within 3 skills. and it's true. O.o

Like I said in the previous post, it's about the explanation and reason. XxXh0lic gave a better explanation of why the class is not good than he did. If you do notice in my first post, I didn't say "LOL you're wrong DS is OP" I never even said "no" is not allowed, and I said DS is decent, didn't say good. He just wants to disagree with me calling a class decent so I'll ask you, what's wrong with me calling a class decent when he doesn't think it's decent? I never disagreed with other classes killing them in 3 hits either so there is no need to remind me it's true, I never even denied it. O.o

View PostLavaora, on 18 December 2016 - 01:55 AM, said:

also, are you implying that players who use OP classes automatically means they have no skills? :D

Again, I already gave a disclaimer it's a joke, and it had the word "you" in it which does not translate to "people".

View PostHandyyy, on 18 December 2016 - 01:55 AM, said:

ez op? SE is much harder than ds lmao. And i said if your going DS you'll have a btr time in SE . Also i did say their relifts and sa break are good lol

Then what's your problem with me calling DS decent, if you wanna debate about it you don't need to get defensive about it... I never even disagreed with you about the damage or whatever. Do you even notice you're just replying to the parts which I already said were a joke, at this point...

Edited by zuyi, 18 December 2016 - 02:00 AM.

#19 Handyyy

Handyyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Ritsukax
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:59 AM

View PostLimbo, on 16 December 2016 - 12:20 AM, said:

this is the path of kali's i choose.
is it worth to play this hero in pvp pve?
If group pvp , DS is great. Very, 1v1 wise just no..

#20 Lavaora

Lavaora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:06 AM

correct me if I'm wrong but the debate lies within you= "DS is all about combo" and handy= "combo is pointless if your damage is low"? ntg to do with the class being decent or not?
uh let's not talk abt who can explain things better shall we cz forum doesnt require us to have a degree in literature and frankly you aren't that great in explaining your opinion either.