ZeroYami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • ZeroYami
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:30 AM

With the recent introduction of the "afterimage" visual on certain skills for certain classes, the following crossed my mind:

Why not give them an actual function?
We could turn this into a passive skill for each class:
- Leave an afterimage when using a skill.

Why an afterimage?
An afterimage could visually confuse your target/opponent, both applicable in PvE and PvP. Mobs (or Monsters) would target the afterimage at a certain % chance, and in PvP it would confuse the opponent on what to target.

What would this apply to?
To mobility skills (skills that make your character move from it's starting to another position).

What exactly could we make this passive skill do?
It would probably have several levels to increase the following effects:
- Increase the chance for an afterimage to appear.
- Increase the realism of the visuals afterimage (from lowest being transparent to max level looking like an actual character).
- Increase the duration of visibility of the afterimage after the skill is used.
- Inflict a Confusion debuff (with increasing duration) when an afterimage is hit.

After discussing it for a bit today on Discord it actually seemed like an interesting and viable idea that could bring a new dimension to the game, even PvP, as well.

I would like to from you guys what you think about the idea, and if you have any input or changes toward the idea. If you liked it, make sure to leave the post a like (:])

#2 Cyanlin

Cyanlin

• 64 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

I've let the Dragon Nest team know about your suggestion :)