• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pr0toN

Pr0toN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

I'll keep this short since it's a technical forum.
I used to be real addicted to the game, but took a leave because of studies and other stuff. Now I feel like returning to the game with a fresh start, with a new account.

But, my clients version is 112 (Pretty old I believe) and when I try to install the patch, it gets stuck at downloading patch 000000113.pak and doesn't move forward, even after I leave it overnight. When I visited the manual patch downloads, it only showed downloads till 136.

Now, if I download the torrent version of the client DNEUClientVer174, will it come installed with the latest patch and allow me to instantly play?

And also what is the optimal strategy for me to follow? I am sure the game I have is working and not bugged, so do I reinstall the whole 8 gb or do I download the patches from somewhere? Which would be the fastest and least internet consuming way for me to resume playing Dragon Nest?

Thank you for your time :)

#2 YamiZero

YamiZero

• 1428 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:32 AM

Downloading the latest client from the download page and installing it should patch the client back up to date with the latest version once you start up the game launcher.

Make sure to fully un-install the old game client you have, remove the game folder from your drive and restart your computer before installing the latest downloaded client. If any of the patches fail, you can find these in the patch topics under News and Updates.

Also, system wise, make sure you've installed all your Windows Updates and your graphic drivers are up to date.

#3 Pr0toN

Pr0toN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:25 PM

Thank you for your help. I was able to log in and am playing again, but I noticed some weird bug with dialogues. I'm sure this is a bug since I am a returning player and have seen this dialog before.
This is the link to the picture in case it didn't load below: http://imgur.com/a/imV0k

I am not sure if this is because of a corrupt download or a known bug. But if this keeps going, I might find future dialogues difficult to decipher and I do interest myself in the lore of the mmos I play.

Thank you!

Bug:

Posted Image

#4 YamiZero

YamiZero

• 1428 posts
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:23 AM

That is indeed a bug that has been appearing here and there, if you come across more of these please take screen shots, collect them, upload them into to image-hosting site like you did with imgur, and report them in along with the quest level/name/NPCso it will be easier to locate. You may report these in the In-Game Translations section.

I'll close down your topic since this issue was resolved (:]) enjoy your game and thanks for reporting in!

// Topic closed.